- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

We begin again, together, moving forward into another day. A brand new start. 

Aiden's back ached. Every one of his limbs groaned in dull pain. He slowly opened his eyes to a new day, silently wondering if he could just sleep it all away, like certain other people might. It'd be a well earned reprieve with the life he's lived. 


His life had been hectic, both in the past and as of late. He deserved such relaxation. 


Deep down though he knew that was not an option here. Self-obligation dictated that he had to get up. He needed to work his body if he planned to ever get some semblance of strength back. Bruised and battered though he was, and as odd as it may sound, staying inactive for so long only served to remind him of the ever present pain he endured. While numb to most of it, the majority of the time Aiden found it to be grating. He needed to do something.


Anything really. At this point he'd take anything. Shoe cleaning, foot massages. He just needed to move around. 


Perhaps the Beta would go about cleaning the portable house that had been provided to him. A little domicile in which he could live, gifted when his old one couldn't be retrieved. Thanks to circumstances beyond his control, there were plenty of luxuries now lost to Aiden. Though he supposed that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. While not as nice as the previous, the little living space he had now possessed all the basic necessities; Bathroom, bedroom, and a kitchen that was set up more for decoration than functionality. Everything a person might need to feel normal, even when they were anything but. 


Admittedly, it may have been a few sizes too large for him; built for someone several inches larger than he was. But it got the job done, truly, and it was comfortable enough to live in, even with company. Really, at times it felt as though he were the only one moving in this damn house these days. Everyone that was bigger than him was always busy, leaving him to his own devices. 


And because of that, Aiden felt that he's gone too long without completing any sort of duties; pulling his own weight in favor of staying in bed. He was so over that though. The Beta could practically feel his muscles atrophy away. He wanted to do something that, while not too demanding on his battered body, would at the very least ease his mind of any building boredom. 


Perhaps picking up a little bit was indeed the way to go then? Aiden would take care of what he could, maybe organize things here and there. Clean up the mess that continuously built up despite the portable home housing two occupants. 


Unfortunately, despite there being strength in numbers, Aiden's ‘roomie’ hasn’t really made any sort of effort towards tidiness, even if she could get the job done much faster. 


A real issue to deal with, as it was because of them that such damage was done to Aiden's body. The very least they could do was lend a hand. 


A true number of punishments had been dealt to fragile little Beta. Enough that, had the incident which placed Aiden in such a state continued further, he held no doubt that he would have died. Nearly grinded out of existence by one who maddeningly professed their love for him. It might have been charming, the effort made to build up to that moment, had his life not been on the line. 


Aiden couldn't even remember when he was last bruised and broken so badly. Vulnerability of this level was still new to him, even after over a whole year and especially after having spent nearly seven years invulnerable to most harm barring mental ones. It really did make him wish for that old semi-invincibility. At least then dying would come off as a bit trickier. 


The only instance that came close to an actual death was before his life as a shrunken human had begun, back when he was nearly murdered by Maya, his former girlfriend and current 'housemate'. And she effectively failed in that goal, considering Aiden was still alive to recall past events. Were there a time to mirror the ordeal he had gone through recently, it would have been that life-ending situation. Everything started there; his hellish existence, the luxuries he was eventually allowed to have, and the present situations he deals with now.


That included the aches and pains he was made to endure. 


This long aching pain he was experiencing now was persistent. It dragged on for months and didn't seem ready to go away anytime soon. It was getting to the point that Aiden was beginning to forget what it was like to just not hurt. And here he was thinking he had been dulled to most forms of pain. While not tortured in this experience, he won’t deny that the constant aches were annoying. So much that he couldn’t even focus without acknowledging them. 


Though that was strangely fine by him. As persistent as they were, he learned to live with them, just as he had done with previous complications before. Adapting to circumstances so that life as a whole was just more bearable. Despite the three inch Beta knowing he should move his aching body, it wasn't so that he could involve himself in anything important; that is unless relieving boredom was a necessity to his well-being now. Aiden just believed it was just better to be active than bedridden, even when you knew that there was a possibility that death could come knocking at your front door. 


Four months. 


For four months, Aiden, along with the rest of his little rag tag group have been waiting for things to finally die down. Lyza, Roxanne, and even Maya. They've all been as patient as can be, holding their breaths to outlast the storm that was Lynette Vermont's anger. Of course such a tempest wouldn't fade away easily, and Aiden knew it was only a matter of time until they were either all found, or a course of action was at last decided. Though there was a sort of assurance that a plan was in the works, Aiden didn’t hold out much hope. They were essentially on death row, living on borrowed time; waiting for either a miracle or their individual points of execution. 


There was no sugarcoating the situation, they were all in as deep as shit could get. Aiden just remained unmoved towards it all, unbreakable, as this was not the first time he found himself against a brick wall. Nor did he believe it would be the last. 


Death and him were old acquaintances by now. It would come for him eventually, of that there was no question. Either at the hands of his old Devil, or at the sole of someone else. That said, he wouldn't let that inevitability define him. When it came to such a harrowing outcome, he’s danced with the reaper more times than most other people. At this point it would be foolish to allow the stress of such a possibility to take him. So instead, he’d allow it to wash over him like water over smooth stone. 


Aiden would let others worry in his place. 


People more suited to such situations, while he was tied down to simplicity thanks to his size. He’s made his dues after all. Leave the odds to people who could make them happen. 


Where others would have given up in the face of impossible chances, these women who surrounded Aiden proved to be anything but weak. They were by no means good people, that needed to be clarified. They were all monsters in their own right, each having committed crimes to earn themselves special places in Hell. In none was this more apparent than in Maya. That said, even when the odds were stacked against them, Aiden saw no other group of people more capable pushing through what needed to be done. Lyza most of all took charge, constantly plotting with the great mind that was Roxanne to hopefully find some way to get the jump on her horrid younger sister, using she’s learned to keep two steps ahead. 


Despite the luxuries that came with her wealth, Lyza understood the value of hard work. Being forced into such a poor situation, hiding away while her younger sister made strides; it was all rather familiar. Mirrored with her own less than favorable upbringing. The Designer worked to get where she was in life. She made sacrifices, burnt and rebuilt bridges. Thus she knew how best to plan around her own blood’s ego; their desire to be above their older sister. 


Of course, such dealings and plans were often restricted to just her and Roxanne, and perhaps a third in the form of the latter's old cohort, Matthew. The man who provided the scientist with many of the trinkets she needed to make her contraptions, or continue with her experiments when deprived of a state of the art lab. Maya was keyed in at times, usually at her own request and when she was truly bored. Aiden on the other hand was often kept out of the loop of what was normally discussed, both for respect of his choice to stay out of things and the groups’ silent desire for him to make a speedy recovery. 


There was also the matter of him not wishing to be in the same room with Roxanne that served to play a role in his decisions… 


It was what he wanted, granted by people who could easily take away the luxury of choice. That was appreciated in more ways than he could verbalize. But while Aiden was content to just sit on the sidelines now, be told what he wanted to know at his own leisure, it meant he was left to contend with his old flame. Keep the Hellish Woman that was Maya entertained so that she doesn't get into any trouble at her new size. The pint-sized psychopath proved rather resourceful despite the extreme changes experienced. 


She was a beta now, the same as many of those who she has unfortunately tormented and killed over the years. Though Maya didn’t possess the white hair, red eyes, or even the pale skin that were regarded as the trademark characteristics of most of beta-kind, her now twelve inch statue was the largest sign of how far she had fallen from the terror she used to be. That said, she could still prove a handful, her new size allowing for much more creative forms of thinking in the execution of her… executions. While not one to commit the crimes herself for obvious reasons, when needing to hold the ear of either Lyza or Roxanne on how to get someone to talk, there was no one better to refer to than her. 


The sudden development of becoming a beta proved in no way all too damning to Maya. She took to it exceptionally well, if that wasn’t already apparent. While the vast majority of those who shrank well beyond their original height required years to grow accustomed to their new lot in life, Maya had adjusted to this new role of hers in only a few short months: The whole duration in which the entire group of hideaways had been attempting to turn the tides of favor towards themselves. 


Aiden would be lying if he didn’t admit that to be impressive. It truly was. Even Lyza, who as a beta on the larger side has retained much of her old height, only shrinking an inch below her previous size of six foot one, found herself dealing with unexpected complications; minor though they may be. Aiden’s lost track of the number of times he’s heard the towering Designer gasp upon looking in a mirror and seeing again her bleached hair and crimson eyes. It always came as a surprise to her, especially after having tried to fight such a change for years. After every gasp of surprise though, there was a quiet chuckle of contempt. Joy to know that she was now done fighting against the inevitable. She had a weight lifted off her shoulder, and in its place she had her sister to contend with. 


Not the fairest of trades but one she’d work through in time. 


Maya on the other hand had so very little to worry about at her new size. Lyza coddled her, cared for her, gave the shrunken psychopath whatever they needed to remain comfortable. They were in no better a state than Aiden, and as the towering Designer’s dear girlfriend they received as much affection as was needed. Clothing to fit their new size, or hand made furniture to fit the portable home that was shared between the two smaller beta’s. Whatever it was, were it in Lyza’s power to grant than she would grant it. And if that meant Maya needed a little huggy in the shape of her Aiden to sleep peacefully, there was little the considerably smaller of the betas could say to prevent that. Of course, he was given a ‘choice’ of whether or not he’d be comfortable with it, and he knew Lyza to be caring enough to honor his restrictions, but deep down he knew there would be no stopping Maya from doing what she wanted. 


That is very much the reason why, despite wanting to get out of bed to take care of his aching body, the smaller beta found himself unable to move; wrapped in the embrace of someone so much larger and stronger than himself. 


Maya clutched the smaller beta, her beloved One and Only, tightly despite the state his body was in. She was sound asleep, taking great advantage of the luxury of not having to worry about Lyza and Roxanne’s planning yet. She relished in it, in fact, taking this as an opportunity to keep her dear little Aiden as close as possible. Though the two agreed to begin again, starting from scratch with their relationship, she was not going to part with someone she held so close to her heart so easily. Even if it wasn’t done with the intention of making him love her again it was still a matter of genuine concern for Aiden. The Killer’s obsession still remained. She loved the fact that she could hold him like this. To be so close to him in size, no longer lording over him like some god-like figure. She relished in it. Enough that even if Aiden wished to complain against certain actions, he found himself unable to. 


Maya was genuinely happy to be at a size so abysmal that she could interact with him on a more equal field. 


That said, she still quite enjoyed being the larger of the two. Big enough that she could force her beloved ‘One and Only’ into doing just about anything she wanted. Of course exercise would be restrained in such matters. She did intend to do better after all, at least when it came to her relationship with Aiden. Maya would still gladly bloody as many other people as she could, were she at a normal height. Those she cared for though were another matter. She vowed to do better for them. 


Aiden looked up at the comparative amazon that was the source of so many old nightmares, taking in the messy bundle of crimson bed head that was her hair. It was strange to think someone so peaceful, so beautiful to look at, was capable of a great many atrocities. A killer of people both big and small. His murderer, as well as the murderer of who knows how many others. Still… he would be lying if he said this didn’t feel nice, to have her arms wrapped around his body so defensively, as though Maya were afraid he’d vanish were she to let go. To see that she was just as bruised and beaten as he was, fighting in his defense. 


A strange sensation; one he couldn’t allow to hold his mind at bay. The day needed to start at some point after all. Just because Maya was still sleeping doesn’t mean he had to as well. 


“Maya.” Aiden whispered as he tried to wiggle out from her grasp. Her hold was tight, but thankfully not too painful. Unfortunately, with every little motion exercised, Aiden was made keenly aware of his position against her chest. The Killer’s soft breasts against his back, taking up nearly its entire width. The soft melody that was her heart beat, threatening to lull him back to slumber. The gentle snoring of one who was essentially a sleeping beast. It was all rather relaxing. Dangerous in the wrong situation, and were he to fall back asleep with Maya waking up next, he’d probably be in trouble. Though she might not use her size to harm him, there were still other ways in which Maya could take advantage of the smaller beta. 


Aiden needed to break free of his confinement before anything of the sort happened. “Maya… I'd really like to get out of bed now.”


In response, the Amazonian sized killer held him even tighter, snoring more loudly before repositioning herself. She moved further onto her side, nearly threatening to force Aiden underneath the full weight of her larger body. Thankfully, it was not a complete turn. Aiden had space to breathe still, though he was effectively trapped underneath one who refused to wake up. Everything he heard and felt previously were amplified, made even more profound thanks to Maya’s greater size. It was as though a horse were laying on top of him. Still, Aiden supposed it could be worse. He could have found himself underneath Lyza, in the numerous times she’d have him sleep with her. Though the Designer was in no way overweight, there was still no way such an impact would be survivable. If not direct crushing, then unintentional suffocation. 


“Maya, I'm serious, let me go!” Aiden didn’t wish to yell. That was more dangerous, as he could very well put Maya into one of her… moods. 


If it didn’t though, the odds of the others hearing his shouting, or at least his raving squeaks should they pass by the house, would still likely draw some unneeded concern. Even if that meant someone might come to help this amazon of a fiend off him, that was not a tactic Aiden was willing to employ. The longer he was kept confined however, forced to listen to Maya’s deep sleep chuckling as she subconsciously enjoyed the sensation that was her favorite Beta underneath her body, the more Aiden found the entire ordeal tiresome. Annoying. If things continued on further, it would likely get to a point where he’d be very willing to walk the line of any risks that may come his way if it meant his release. 


Thankfully, it didn’t seem as though the smaller Beta would have to pull such a stunt, as before things really grew too tedious the roof of the pair’s proportionally sized home was taken off with extreme ease. The light which assaulted Aiden was blinding at first, keeping the sudden onlooker hidden as he was forced to shield his eyes. 


Moments passed until he finally heard a chuckle from above. “Oh? Looks like someone’s living it up in here.” A familiar voice said, no doubt with a smile. “ And here I thought all that shouting was a bad thing. You look comfortable, Aiden.”


Aiden didn’t need to see for him to know who had come to his aid. Lyza, as always, coming to help in whatever way she could. No doubt dressed in clothing as refined as ever, as per her tastes as a clothing designer. Despite their shared situation she would not allow that to harm her appearance, her image. Even were she to find herself on Death’s door she would still wish to go out as dignified as possible.


Aiden only wished that she’d hurry up in separating him from Maya’s increasing embrace. He could tell the light was stirring her awake, forcing uncomfortable movement and by extension placing him under even more weight and stress. While he’d never consider Maya a violent sleeper, shocking though that may seem, she was certainly someone who fought hard to remain asleep.  


“Doesn't feel as great as it looks!” the small Beta assured with a tinge of annoyance in his voice. He only wished to be pulled free of his predicament. “You plan on helping me out, or would you rather take a picture? I hear those last longer!” 


A tempting thought that could be immortalized for years to come. That way Lyza would never let Aiden live down this predicament of his. Unfortunately, she would have to pass up on such memorabilia. 


Her fingers came down, gracefully moving to work her little lover’s body off of their favorite Beta. A bitter pill to swallow, but one she knew there’d be no competition behind. She took that lose gracefully, understanding that while Maya loved the both of them it was Aiden who originally came first. She would respect that. After all, she liked the little guy as well, and enjoyed showing that in her own ways. 


“Ease up there little guy, I'll help you out. You’re just lucky I was already coming in to check in on you two~.” She was teasing him. Taunting the smaller Beta as she took her time in trying to wake Maya up safely. “The two of you are so cute like that though, I just wanna keep you there…”


“Don’t even try it! Just hurry up… please…” 


Lyza smiled, and this time Aiden was able to see it through adjusting eyes. “All you needed to do was ask.” 


Her motions were careful. The designer took great care so as not to harm either Aiden, or the murderous psychopath of whom she loved. A tricky task when one beta was the size of a doll while the other was as large as a pinky finger. 


To think, months ago she had been furious with Maya. To have barged in on them preparing to kill Aiden a second time. Lyza had every right to be mad with her then. Enough to have physically struck the serial killer. A bold move that not just anyone would have committed to. Even now, to see the smaller beta underneath someone who could still very easily kill him, and still hold unquestionably unhealthy affection for them, was a feeling that was not easily described. It was most certainly not normal, that much Lyza knew. 


But to have had them both near death not long after said incident. To come so close to losing the two people who the Designer actually gave a damn about. That felt leagues worse than the rage that was rightfully washed away. All Lyza wanted now was for them to recover. Get well while she and Roxanne did the major work. 

 

There were conniptions, yes, as well as reservations against the two sleeping so closely together. It only made sense that there would be, seeing as Maya's mind was as volatile as ever. Maybe even more so, now that she was shrunken down and without the pills Roxy had oh so graciously given her. A stroke of lunacy from an otherwise brilliant mind. 


Aiden's safety was a top priority to the designer and her cohort. When it seemed Maya's mind was not in the right place, Lyza would ensure Aiden's care. Have him sleep by her side while the twelve inch Killer calmed down overnight. While the little Murderer's comfort was important as well, Aiden's safety wouldn't constantly be put at risk to ease sleeping devils. He was the key to all this. Their golden goose that might be able to provide them with the means of success in an otherwise failure fraught situation.  


That is why, before waking Maya, Lyza did what she could to separate Aiden from her. A somewhat tricky process, at first, requiring some care. 


Now, the Designer had her own set of tricks. Gently, she maneuvered her finger into a thin space between the two betas. She wouldn't force her way in, instead opting to 'coerce' Maya's sleeping mind into switching what she grasped. 


Lyza practically petted her much smaller girlfriend, rubbing the tip of her finger against their face until their subconscious picked up on them. From there the switch came easily enough. It was like guiding a child… or a pet. Stuck in dreamland, Maya no doubt believed her dear Aiden to have gotten free. As such, when she switched from her actual One and Only to Lyza's waiting hand, it was done with the intention of keeping Aiden to herself. 


The Designer chuckled at the display, fully capable of having read her girlfriend’s subconscious intentions, and thus proving able to freely move Maya at her own leisure. This served well in allowing Aiden the chance to escape. He obviously needed to maneuver between Maya's doll sized body, as well as Lyza's own all-encompassing hand, all just so he could crawl towards freedom. 


From between body and hand, he crawled, until he was able to set himself on the floor to stand up straight. The Beta stretched, finally able to freely move his body now that he wasn't kept in place by an all too loving embrace. 


"Better?" Lyza asked, no less amused than she was when first seeing the sleeping duo.


"Much better," the smaller Beta confirmed with a huff. He popped his neck a few times for good measure, getting any creak out. "Thanks. I thought I'd be stuck there all day." 


"Making that sound like a bad thing~." Lyza could think of a fair number of degenerates that would gladly take Aiden's previous position; regardless of Maya's fragile mental state. 


She raised the doll-sized Beta up from the bed, being careful so as not to squeeze too tightly, or move around so much that they'd be scared awake. With her free hand, Lyza softly massaged Maya's back, compelling them to wake up. She couldn’t fight off the daytime forever. 


"Time to get up, Love." The Designer cooed. "You and your little boy toy practically slept the whole day away." 


She could hear Aiden's huff of annoyance. As though being forced to remain in bed until the afternoon was his choice to make. While the girls did give him control over what he said and did in his life now, Maya's unconscious hugs were nothing to take lightly. Though he managed to make it out this time, on less fortunate occasions he wasn't free until night had already hit, and everyone was already asleep. 


Maya's eyes slowly opened, strained and wishing to sleep longer; same as Aiden. Unlike him though, she had nothing keeping her in place safe for the ever watchful Lyza. They watched with care as Maya forced herself up, stretching her arms and body with a wide-mouthed yawn. 


"Mornin…" She scratched at her head, unaware or uncaring of the state her hair was in. Bits of it even clung to her cheek, kept in place through dried up saliva. 


It was about time Maya got up. Aiden wasn’t really sure how long she planned on sleeping. He just knew that her internal clock was all but broken at this point. “Get enough sleep, Snow White? Or did you want to sleep the whole rest of the day away?”


Maya’s mind was a fog. She was still attempting to wake up. Her head was constantly bobbing up and down, fighting between consciousness and the sweet embrace of slumber. For her, it could go either way really, with neither option providing much in the way of consequences. “Depends… feels like I could’ve slept for longer…”


In all likelihood, she probably could have. 


Maya wouldn’t have the chance though, as Lyza’s fingers massaged her back and neck lovingly; providing them with a sense of peace that, while relaxing, served to keep the little Killer awake. Maya smiled, turning her head up towards her goddess-like Girlfriend. 


“We can’t let that happen, I'm afraid.” Lyza explained. “Roxy and Matthew are on their way back from the city, and apparently they need Maya awake for something they’ve got planned.” 


“Do they now?” Aiden turned away from the Designer, already having heard all he needed to hear. They could proceed without him, he already had other things he wanted to take care of. “Well, guess you all should get to it then?” 


Aiden’s already told them what he could. Of Lynette’s intentions, of her connections with higher up officials. He’s given the girls the bedrock with which they can form their plans. In short, he played his part, and in doing so found himself with plenty of opportunities to just… be left alone. Free to do as he wished. He’d help when the time was right, and if he possessed the ability to do so, but as of now all he wished to do was heal his aching body. 


In silent peace if that was an option. 


That apparently was not enough for Lyza, however. “You know… we’d all appreciate it if you chose to join this time. I know Maya here definitely would.”


A moment, that was all the serial killer needed for her to hear Lyza’s words. Her eyes immediately lit up as a result, any lingering drowsiness disappearing as the prospect of Aiden joining them became evident. “Oh absolutely!” she looked down at the smaller beta, hopeful. “It gets so boring when you’re the shortest one in the room, Aiden! It’d be much better if you were in there with me, keeping me some company! And besides… I'm sure Roxy would appreciate it if you wanted to get clued in.”


Just that name was enough to turn Aiden away from the possibility, unfortunately. They all knew this, and yet remained hopeful that the Beta would at least give the scientist the benefit of the doubt. 


He would not. 


“Hard pass.” He was unmoving in his decision. He always was. As long as Roxanne was in the same room as him, the odds of Aiden hearing anything out was abysmal. An effort made that was next to pointless. “All this planning just isn't really my kind of thing. I’m sort of just the guy that gives you the info needed. I’ll leave the big stuff to you all.”


That was an excuse. Lyza knew it to be one, just as every other refusal to take part in these meetings was yet another excuse. And all so that he could avoid Roxanne. 


She didn’t blame him. He had a great many reasons to be upset with the scientist. Just as Maya had ruined his former life, Roxanne as well played an instrumental role in taking away a considerable portion of the Beta’s humanity. 


But the odd thing was that he could forgive that. 


He could look past it, same as he looked past Maya having nearly killed him so many years ago. Because of Her, as strange as it may sound, he had access to luxuries many people wouldn’t even dream of having. Living through experiences other’s could only ever imagine. He took the good with the overwhelmingly bad, and as such was able to move forward with people who were once his tormentors. 


But with Roxanne, it felt different. He felt used. 


Aiden was placed in a situation that could have easily been avoided, left to fend for himself in the proverbial lion’s den that was Lynette’s home. Had Roxanne chosen to come clean early on, fully reveal everything she knew, then things might not have turned out as bad as they did for the small Beta. That said, had she never said done those things, then he wouldn’t have come across information that worked as the signal edge they had against those who wished them dead. 


Again, taking the good with the bad. 


Their relationship has been tested all the same, just as it was with Maya. And like with the doll-sized psychopath, if trust was to be built back up again then it needed to be done so overtime. Roxanne would have to earn Aiden’s friendship again; his approval. 


And he wasn’t going to let that come easily. 


Lyza knew it would be pointless to argue. She’s had this conversation before, over the various months they’ve all been confined in the same space. Though Aiden was the absolute smallest of the group he was steadfast in his actions. More stubborn than his size let on. He wouldn’t be swayed even should death stare him down. Maya instilled that much in him, through her constant threats on his life. A sense of bravery of sorts that was only recently allowed to rise. Something this small, trying to argue towards his cooperation, was nothing in comparison to what he’s endured. 


The Designer gave up before she could even begin. “Alright… if that’s what you want, we’ll leave you to whatever you have planned then.” 


Nothing else would be said. It wasn’t needed. Not even Maya thought it to be her place to say a word as Aiden’s mind was already made up. She knew better than to speak out, and so would just watch him walk away as Lyza placed the roof back onto the portable house. He’d come around eventually. She had to believe that. Until then though, he was free to do as pleased without anyone getting in his way. 


Aiden would help when he felt like it. Just as he had before, back when he had things to prove. Until then, there was just no point in forcing his hand. 


As for Maya though, the situation was far less complicated. 


“So, it won’t be for another hour or two until Roxy and Matt get back,” Lyza explained as she continued to massage the back of Maya’s neck. She was quick to change the subject, knowing it best to not linger on sensitive matters. At least not when they didn’t pertain to present issues. “That gives US time to ourselves, Dear. So what’ll it be first, breakfast or a bath?”


As if Maya needed time to ponder that sort of question. Despite their timeframe, they could no doubt get a lot done in an hour. Enough to… say, leave the both of them satisfied. 


“How about… both?”


The ideal answer that Lyza was hoping for. 


“Sure, we can do that~.” 


Despite this poor situation they all found themselves in, on the run and trying to steer clear of a spoiled brat’s temper tantrum, they worked to make the most of it. Despite complications here and there, and at times from one of their own, they made things work with what they had. That included the relationship between Lyza and Maya, no doubt stronger than it’s ever been because of the latter’s near death experience.


There was greater care now. Longing. A stronger bond born from numerous instances of frustration, caution, altruism, and rage. There was temperance.  


They both felt stronger for it, though both knew their journey in all this was far from over. Most evident was that seen in Maya’s height. 


Still, even when stuck at the size of a doll, the beta couple learned to make things work… in their own ways.


Such differences in sizes had its advantages.  


“Yeah… yeah, we can do both!”

A quick dip in the bath together before making breakfast was just one newly sprung perk that the two learned to make use of. Though, despite the prospect of breakfast being desirable, Lyza could not guarantee it might actually occur.

Or if they’ll even be out of the bath by the time Roxanne returns. 



Chapter End Notes:

And here we are again, starting a new part to this story that's been in the background for way too long. About.... HOLY MOLY, SIX MONTHS LONG!!! Yeah, that originally planned "short" hiatus went on much longer than I intended. For that... I apologize. 

....buuuuuuuut, now the wait is over (for those of you who did) and we can finally get back on track!
Maybe.... probably. I still attend classes so there's that, but rest assured that now Alpha-Beta's finally part is my major writing focus. There are however some things I may have planned in the future, so keep an eye out for notifs on that. 

Til the next chapter, as always, a rating and review are always appreciated!