- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

First, let me just say that classes have been a doozy. Really kicking my ass sometimes. Still hasn't stopped me from writing, just forcing me to write slower. But won't stop until I finish this second part, you can count on that!

Quick warning, Maya does a killing in this chap

Another restless night, another test run done. And by far the best results Roxanne had seen so far. Overlooking a shoe box filled with what at first glance seemed to be betas, on further inspection one would be chilled to see the horrible reality. People shrunken down to simple inches, as common as anywhere else in the world now, but lacking the defining traits that really categorized someone as a beta. All those in the box lacked the trademark white hair and red spectrum eyes. The skin of all present was not pale or porcelain, appearing just as it did prior to being shrunken down. Really, the only thing that had changed was their size, which was now no different than that of rodents and insects. Oh yes, this was a fine batch Roxanne had to herself. It had taken time to acquire, and even longer to finally reach this point, but she had done it. 


Improved on the same formula originally used to shrink a vast number of the globe's population. The very same that had been dubbed an epidemic. The very event which had changed the course of human civilization, affecting the planet on such a scale that even future generations will be picking up the pieces of their predecessors. A formula created by Josephine Minerva, a woman hailed as a saint, alongside a number of exceptional minds; Roxanne among those numbers. 


It was believed to have been the late Josephine's magnum opus. The very edge she needed to dominate the world. Yet here Roxanne was, spitting on that grand design. 


Among the numbers Roxanne possessed there were those who had once been Alphas, people meant to be resistant to the shrinking formula. Overcoming the apparently indomitable immunity, taking away what made an entire categorization of people special, was no easy task. There were minor successes prior, but all the work required had cost Roxanne many a sleepless night. Through aid of her own, outside Lyza's, Maya's and even Lynette's knowledge, she had done it. 


"Choke on that, Minerva." One upping the 'Martyr of the New World' had been a long time goal for the scientist and now she had promptly given the middle finger to a woman who had been dead for years. Spite was a powerful motivator. Especially when the so-called 'saint' was in actuality a maniacal, backstabbing megalomaniac. Roxanne had been promised so much, and one way or another she was going to see those promises through. 


Even if it meant she had to rewrite the social structure of the world a second time.


Taking away that which made Alpha's immune was a remarkable feat requiring so many hours of effort, yet that hardly compared to the wonders Roxanne had managed to grant herself. When the shrunken people within the box looked up towards the smiling giantess they didn't see red eyes, bleached hair, or even the pale skin of a true beta. Instead, they were now looking at a towering blonde goddess. The closest Roxanne could get to being back to her old self. She's even managed to restore her old height, shooting past what Antilirin normally gave her; an imposing 6 foot 5. A towering model of beauty that, even though restless and clothed in only a probably dirty gray bathrobe, was still a sight to behold. For the miniscule captives the mad scientist held at her disposal, all they could focus on were her eyes.


A brilliant magenta, Roxanne couldn't restore everything about her old appearance, just the vast majority. What once was sky blue had been altered into a dazzling purple, likely from the shade of color having intermingled with the previous red. Nothing too worrisome. In fact, Roxanne rather liked the change. She found it appealing. 


This was the culmination of Roxanne's work. Not only concocting a means of shrinking Alphas, but also finding a means of restoring Betas to a state nearly true to their original size. A serum that could work in either gaseous or liquid form. It wasn't difficult to tweak which way she wanted someone to change; Whether they'd grow or shrink. Nor was it difficult to make now, so long as she had the right equipment. Something this simple, yet terrifyingly powerful, was capable of changing the world again. 


Roxanne could hardly contain her excitement. She found it incredible to think that she could still impress herself in such a way. It was a wonderful reminder of her own incredible intellect. 


She lowered her head closer to the box, her smile seemingly radiating white as the small gathering of shrunken folk scrambled away from their captor. They knew what was coming, even since they got here. 


"Now which one of you wants to help me with a little test~?"


Of course there'd be no volunteers. There was even less here now than there was yesterday. And by the end of tonight there'd be less still. They all knew they were living on borrowed time, and not one of them would get out of any idea Roxanne had alive. But that was hardly an issue now, she had done what she had set out to do. Reversing the beta virus to such a momentous extent. Beyond the newly colored eyes, and many dead betas, the culmination of all her tests had been an unfathomable success. And now, as a self deserved reward, she wanted something more basic. 


A manicure perhaps, or maybe even a pedicure. A new coat of teal to doll herself up. Roxanne might even let them crawl on her body, massage her more… intimate areas. Some relaxation after nearly a full year of hard work was in order and she was adamant on having some much deserved fun. Much of her advancements were thanks to Aiden, his unique status as the first successful Beta allowing for much in the way of Roxanne's progress. She'd thank him if she could, but he was out of her way at the moment. Still, there was a crowd of little subjects which Roxanne could attend to. 


"Come on, don't be rude~." Roxanne lifted her hand over the box, fingers poised to pick someone out. "You might even enjoy what I have planned~."


Roxanne was just about ready to select someone when, by her side, her phone buzzed. A minor distraction that was easily avoided with a quick mute ignore. At least until it buzzed again.


And again.


And again…


It was on the fifth buzz that Roxanne finally looked to see who was trying to message her. Annoyance quickly turned to curiosity when she saw it was Maya who had been trying to text her. Immediately, Roxanne's thoughts went to Aiden. Likely, Maya had already managed to retrieve the beta from Lynette's home and was looking to inform her. In truth, they were quicker than expected. In some ways this was fortunate. 


It meant they could take the fight to Lynette quicker than expected. With Aiden back, and with hopefully worthwhile information, they'd have some good leverage over them. Roxanne knew much. Far more than she usually led on. But if Aiden knew anything she already didn't it'd be worthwhile. Besides… she was starting to miss her little roommate. He truly did give the best foot rubs. 


But when she read Maya's text, worry began to settle in. What was expected to be an update on a successful retrieval was instead a rather vague yet troublesome message. 


Don't call me. Don't text. In trouble, need help. 


The same message sent over what was likely a dozen messages by now. They just kept coming and coming on repeat, not stopping as if Maya had set it up that way. The test subjects in the shoe box were completely forgotten. Though Roxanne's intellect was unmatched it didn't take a genius to know something was terribly wrong. 


"Shit…"


Her mind raced, trying to piece together what could have happened. Yet no matter what Roxanne thought of nothing came to mind. Maya shouldn't be in danger. Hell, normally she was the danger. But the frequency of the message, along with what it said…


"Fuck…" The last place Maya had gone would have to be Lynette's home. At least, that's what Roxanne assumed. They could have just as easily went back home with their one and only in hand. But then, why the daunting message?


No, something terrible has happened. That was a gut feeling Roxanne wasn't going to ignore. 


And just when she was in such a good mood too…


Roxanne shot upright, standing up as she searched through her contacts. She prayed Lyza would be awake, and hopefully conscious enough to not question what was happening. As the scientist called, she changed the phone's window to a map, keeping a tab on Maya's location. She had made their cellphones after all, both Maya's and Lyza's. Of course she'd leave nothing to chance, installing trackers in both. 


From the looks of it Maya had been in the park, but was now quickly moving away. Towards what seemed to be the outskirts of Los Demonios. Roxanne's gut feeling only grew worse as she watched the map. The only thing that managed to break her concentration was the sudden answering of her call and the groggy voice of Lyza asking for a reason as to why she was called this late at night. 


Rather than give a reason, Roxanne gave an order. One that rang with urgency. 


"I'm coming to pick you up. Make sure you're dressed because we need to move NOW!"


***


At some point time had begun to lose meaning to Maya, drifting in and out of consciousness while the passing images of the world became a blur. At times where it seemed sight would be granted to her again everything would fall dark as pain shot throughout her whole body. A kick to the gut. A punch across her cheek. Through a broken rib and blackened eye, Maya felt it all each time consciousness came back to her, yet at no point did she ever worry about her own wellbeing. Instead, she worried for Aiden's safety, each time she came back to was immediately followed by her frantically looking around for her beloved. 


A faint yet lively tickle near her chest was the one reminder she needed of the Beta's safety and continued to put her mind at ease regardless of the state of her body. In fact, at one point Maya was even certain that she was smiling. Though her lips were likely bloodied they still curled upward into a warm smile. She was glad so long as her Aiden was safe. 


When next she came to, Maya found herself on the floor, still dressed in the same clothes she had left her home in. Only now they were covered in drops of her own blood. She could taste nothing but iron on her tongue, and half of her sight was saddened. Were Maya to look in a mirror she doubted that she'd like what she'd see. Her motions were sluggish, each one of her limbs moving at the pace of a snail. Whether it was the work of some narcotic her captors had worked into her system or was a result of her apparent beatings wasn't important. At least not when compared to everything else. 


What was important was figuring out where she was. Maya looked around, taking in as much of her surroundings as her faulty vision allowed. An old restroom, years into disrepair with stains that covered walls and stalls alike. The sort of place she'd take someone to die if she were to be honest. Los Demonios was home to several old and rundown establishments, so Maya assumed she was at one such ruin. An old mall perhaps. That'd be different. She hadn't buried someone in one of Los Demonios old malls before. 


Listening carefully, Maya takes in whatever she can. Voices on the other side of the bathroom walls, too far to make out clearly yet audible enough to know that she wasn't alone. Odds are if she was still alive now than it was for a good reason. If the thugs that kidnapped her really do work under Lynette that may just be it. They probably wanted their older sister to suffer, and what better way to do that then by hurting someone they love? 


Not to mention Lynette probably didn't take Maya's threat all too lightly. Not her brightest move in hindsight, but damn did it feel good. 


But now such bravado had cost Maya it would seem. Shame too, as things had just seemed to be looking up for her. Moving her arms, however, Maya found that her hands were surprisingly slack. They were found, yes, but not nearly as tightly as she would have thought. Looking down towards her hands she saw, through one unspoken eye, Aiden. Exhausted and with his hands upon his knees, suit and bandages soaked with sweat despite the cold that surrounded him. If she didn't know any better Maya would have assumed Aiden was trying to free her. 


An impossible task given his 3 inch size. The rope which bound her wrists must have been firmly tightened beforehand. Yet here he was, apparently having exhausted himself in such an endeavor. Maya smirked before laying down on her side in front of the Beta, her head just a few dozen feet away from his whole body. 


"Look at you, Aiden-." Maya cooed through bloody lips. "Got a strong little man right here." 


Even now she found some means of joking; not at all taking the situation as seriously as she should. 


The Beta huffed. "Yeah… well don't give me too much credit… you gotta untie the rest yourself." Aiden sat down and laid on his back, having exhausted himself to a point where his already ailing body was screaming. After all Maya had done to wound him before it was remarkable he had even made it this far. 


"So rude, Aiden… but I should be grateful." Maya admitted. "You could have easily run away. Since you're still alive it's safe to say they don't know you're here too. Could have just left me."


"And not… be able to hold this over your head?" Aiden asked, knowing that his efforts had given Maya a chance at escape, albeit a slim one. "As if… besides, you'll need some help to get out of here. There's a lot more thugs here than at the park."


Odds are Lynette paid off some local gang to do her dirty work rather than expend her own resources. The people who abducted her didn't seem like professionals. Thug was as appropriate a classification as Aiden could give. And if he was right then there's far more than the few who kidnapped her. 


Maya's smile dropped and her expression grew serious. 


"Aiden, you need to go. Now. While you still have a chance. If you stay with me…"


"I could die, right?" 


While not exactly the way Maya was going to explain it, yes that's more or less what she had meant to say. There was no way to sugar coat things. Aiden's presence here, while comforting, only served as a liability. Maya didn't believe herself capable of keeping the Beta safe. If anything, the longer he stayed here the more likely he'd die. 


"You need to leave, Aiden. Find someplace to hide, you just need to run."


Aiden shot upward into a sitting position, his eyes locking with Maya's. "Because running has always been the answer for me, right?" 


That's what he's done so far right? Run away? Maybe not physically due to his size, but Aiden had found means to distance himself from issues. Issues that continued to rear their heads no matter how hard he tried to ignore them. No matter how much he complied or how intensely he obeyed, running has never served Aiden any other purpose besides placing him knee deep in shit. 


"I didn't wait 2 hours in your fucking shirt pocket, hearing random thugs wail on you, just to run away again. Knowing my luck I'd probably end up running into someone who'd mistake me for a bug or rat. So, I ain't leaving. You'll just have to deal with that."


Maya was silent for some time, digesting what Aiden said before rolling her eyes and clicking her tongue. "Really? You wanna put on a brave face now? You know there are better times and places for bravado. This, right here and now, ain't one of them."


"Like I said, you'll just have to deal with it." Aiden replied. 


Of all the stubborn, thick skulled things a Beta like Aiden could decide on. He wasn't unbreakable any more, yet he carried the sort of confidence one might expect from an immortal. Yet, as Maya looked closer at Aiden, she saw in his most minor of movements that he was shaking. He was scared, but still chose to stay by her side. 


He really was trying to give Maya the benefit of the doubt. Begin again, as he had put it before. And what better way to do that then by placing his trust in her in this grave situation. It was so incredibly stupid, and yet Maya couldn't help but smile at it. 


"Well, looks like there's no convincing you otherwise…" Maya chuckled softly, the soft breeze of her breath briefly washing over Aiden. Though it smelled of iron it could have been worse. "Have it your way then. But don't cry to me when things start getting too… intense. And please, try not to get in my way too much. You know I love you, and I'd hate to hurt you by accident."


"Yeah, I know." Aiden stated with a wave of his hand. "Just try to remember I'm near b-"


Before Aiden could finish speaking the door to the restroom opened. Maya acted fast, rolling herself over Aiden, just enough to where her body was able to conceal him. Aiden found himself concealed just in front of Maya's chest, a slight opening into her bosom being the one place he could hide if need be. It was clear that Maya was making sure not to put too much weight on Aiden, and only just needed to keep him hidden. 


Maya remained still; completely silent as footsteps grew closer. Thankfully the rope which kept her hands tied, while loosened thanks to Aiden, still seemed tight enough to not cause any suspicion. 


"Looks like somebody didn't rest too well." A new voice, a woman, taunted. Maya turns her head slightly, eyes barely open to see a red headed woman standing over her. Just as Aiden said, another thug from the street. "You awake, princess? Or does someone need another kick in the stomach?"


Softly, Maya spoke in a tone that mirrored her voice after a restless sleep. There had been plenty of nights where Lyza prevented a full 8 hours of rest thanks to her 'games'. It was no real issue then, and thanks to them Maya had come up with her own 'tired tone'. 


"Five more minutes… then I'll get up."


Maya's snarky reply earned her a swift kick to the gut. It took a large amount of effort to remain in place and keep Aiden hidden, though likely he felt the vibration of the strong kick in his little bones. 


The thug sneered. "Freaking smartass." Kneeling down, the woman grabbed a handful of Maya's hair, pulling her head upwards slightly to get a good look at them. "You don't look too impressive. I can't imagine why anyone might be scared of you. Stupid too, seeing as you pissed off the wrong people. Really, how dumb can someone be?"


Despite the condition she was in, Maya still managed a half hearted chuckle. "Fair point, I'm kind of an idiot. But I still think I'm smarter than you." She looked over the thug's appearance, noting everything from a tattoo on their neck to their mismatched attire. "Everything about you just screams high school dropout. What, couldn't blow your teachers for an A?" 


Once more, for her comment, Maya was rewarded by having her head slammed against the floor hard. For a split second she blacked out again, nearly dropping completely onto Aiden. Maya bit down hard on her tongue the last second before she did thankfully, keeping herself from going under again. Crushing Aiden underneath her body, as tantalizing an idea that was, was a scenario best left avoided.


Aiden wondered why Maya was egging this woman on. She was in no position to defend herself, and her talking was just making the solution worse for the both of them. Worst of all, he could do nothing but remain hidden just as he was instructed. Aiden had done what he could in loosening Maya's binding, but what good would that do for either of them if she got herself killed? 


The thuggish brute of a woman loomed over Maya, watching as the bound woman picked herself up while blood leaked from her nose. It was most definitely broken as a red stream fell from Maya's chin and onto the floor in front of Aiden. 


"Wow, you REALLY like to talk shit huh?" The thug asked as she pinched Maya's earlobe in between her knuckles. Maya did her best to endure the pain just as she had before, clenching her teeth as she was forced to look at her tormentor. "You know, you're really lucky I can't kill you. Lady who's paying us doesn't want you dead, just broken. Wants to leave you for your girlfriend. Keep talking shit though and I might forget how much you're worth, got it?"


Maya's ears were ringing. Anything audible was barely heard through white noise and static. Still, she had picked up on enough. "I'm… sorry. What I said was crass and out of line…"


The woman smiled. "See? Now was that so hard?" 


A toothy grin stretched across Maya's lips. "You were probably too tired from giving head to your step dad to focus on your teachers."


The woman closed her eyes and inhaled deeply before striking Maya across the side of their head so hard that, for a moment, Aiden was certain she had killed her. 


Maya had been knocked back with such force that she was practically thrown off of Aiden, leaving him out in the open as the thuggish woman stood upright. It became clear that she was nearly a full head taller than Maya. Reaching into her coat pocket she pulled out what looked to be a rather poorly maintained pocket knife. 


"I'm going to carve you like a fucking pumpkin, Princess. Maybe then you'll know when to shut…" The woman's gaze feel downward as her focus fell on Aiden, who was currently cast in her all-encompassing shadow. "The fuck?" 


A Look of disgust fell over the woman's race as she ever so casually raised her boot over Aiden. Upon the sole the Beta could see dozens of dried bloodstains, a clear sign that he was not the first beta she would have crushed. "Disgusting bugs…" 


Aiden closed his eyes, knowing what was coming only for a rush of wind akin to a hurricane wash over him, followed by an ear deafening crash that made him believe the earth would split in two because of it. Taking the chance to peek, Aiden saw that Maya had recovered just as the larger woman was ready to crush him. She wasted no time, undoing her bindings and tackling her assailant to the ground, using the element of surprise to quickly gain the upper hand. It was like watching two titans battle, with one struggling on the floor while the other kept them pinned. 


Though Maya was clearly weaker it became evident that this wasn't her first struggle with larger prey. She already knew what she needed, grabbing the woman by her wrists as she firmly forced her knee into their stomach. The sudden blow was enough to force the air from the thuggish woman's lungs, preventing her from screaming for help as well as loosening her grip on her knife. 


Maya wasted no time, snatching the knife from their hand. The woman caught on and panicked. "W-wait! I didn't meant to-" 


That was all she managed to say; her last words before Maya plunged the knife into the woman's throat. But she didn't just stop there, instead choosing to continue by dragging the knife down the woman's throat, carving it all the way until she reached the collar bone. The woman struggled to breathe and speak, but the brutal tearing of her esophagus prevented both. She was forced to watch with what remained of her life as Maya continued to rip apart their throat. Blood pooled around and coat Maya's hands and shirt, yet still she didn't stop. Not until she was satisfied that this woman was well beyond the point of being dead. To raise a foot over her Aiden, with the intent of crushing him? How dare she? Maya wanted their body mutilated, their image besmirched. It was only after several minutes had passed did she finally calm down, the neck and face of her latest victim now hardly resembling a human. 


"Not really how you'd carve a pumpkin…" Maya noted as she spun the pocket knife in between her fingers. "But I suppose it'll do…"


Maya exhales a long-held breath, winded and hurt; working off whatever strength she had managed to muster. Such extensive movement, after being beaten so painfully, was not the smartest of ideas. Even now, sitting on the corpse of this random thug, she only felt herself growing more and more tired. But Maya couldn't rest: not yet. She needed to get Aiden to safety. Right now that was all that mattered to her. 


Maya stood up, uncaring of the crimson red that now soaked her body. Looking down she found that Aiden had fallen onto his back, though whether it was in fear or awe she couldn't say. Maybe a bit of both. Seeing his small form now, after having just killed, was enough to elicit a small chuckle. A sign of steadily rising mania. Maya caught herself before things grew out of hand, suppressing any devilish desires which may rise. There was a time and place for everything, and now was not the time to fall into insanity. She knelt down before the beta, extending her bloodied hand forward for them to stand upon. 


Aiden was understandably hesitant. On top of the blood which caked Maya's hands, what Aiden had just witnessed was… well, he couldn't even think of a word to best explain it. He had seen her kill before, betas more often than not these days. And he was aware of the normal sized bodies she's buried. But still, to see it first hand for himself, how she had let loose to make sure the end was as painful as possible for the thuggish woman. 


While he believed Maya truly did wish to begin again just as he had offered, there was one undeniable fact that neither of them would be allowed to forget. 


Maya was still Maya, and death was a frequent accomplice of hers. 


Warily, he stepped onto Maya's waiting palm before holding on tightly to one of her fingers despite the blood which soaked them. If he was going to make it out of this alive then he'd need to trust her. It was time to put his mouth where his words were and actually offer this murderous giantess that level of faith. A terrifying task to accomplish given her appearance. 


Maya stood up, making sure Aiden was holding on tightly. He was scared, and rightly so. Were she in his shoes that she'd be terrified as well. But fear would only hold them back right now. They needed to move in spite of its suffocating hold. Grabbing the corpse of the woman by their jacket collar, Maya moved them to the side with her free hand. She looked for anything that may help give them an edge here. All she could find, however, was a gun hidden away in the back pocket that the woman never got the chance to use to defend herself. 


Maya pulled the collar of her shirt and jacket open slightly before raising her hand over and sliding Aiden in between her cleavage. The beta managed only a brief surprised yelp before he fell into the warmth and darkness of Maya's embrace. She adjusted her chest slightly, cupping her hands underneath them to make sure her little passenger wouldn't fall too far in. It helped that she was adequately endowed, giving Aiden ample cushion. 


"Don't get the wrong idea. I just need my hands free, that's all." There was no ulterior motive here, Maya really did need both hands. She's never really used a gun prior, preferring to end people's lives up close. She'd need both hands to properly use one. And just cause Aiden had some cushion didn't mean he was completely safe. We're Maya too careless then he'd get crushed in between mounds of tit flesh. Another tantalizing thought that was best avoided. 


There were no sugar coating things here, the situation was bad and Maya didn’t have a single idea of what to do. She had no idea as to how long the absence of this woman would go unnoticed, nor did she know how many people were around in this abandoned mall. All she had was a gun she didn’t know how to use, a pocket knife that needed a makeover, and a 3-inch passenger who she was hellbent on protecting. She was pushed into a corner, and there were few ways where she could actually make it out of this alive. 


“Maybe… maybe someone here has a phone?” One of the first things these hired thugs did after catching her was breaking her own. Thankfully, Maya had managed to send out a string of messages to Roxanne in the hopes that the scientist was awake, but didn’t know if that had worked out well. But, if she could find a cell phone here… “I could tell Roxy where Aiden and I are.” 


It wasn’t a good plan. Hell, Maya wouldn’t even consider it as such. More of a shaky goal. Still, it was better than nothing. And if she wanted to find anything she needed to get out of this restroom. Going out the main door wasn’t an option, as there were likely people outside waiting for anything fishy to occur. And with the disappearance of their comrade it was only a matter of time before someone figured out something had gone wrong. Maya laughed softly, ready to just give up and find someplace for Aiden to hide while she took the heat off of him. What more could she even do in this situation, as hopeless as it seemed? She wanted to curse her poor luck, as just when things were starting to look up for her everything was coming crashing down around her. A pity really, she would have enjoyed starting over with Aiden again. 


She was even looking forward to it. 


“Dammit…” Maya truly did feel like she was hopeless, now more than any other time before. At the very least she could keep her one and only safe… “Fuck it, might as well get this over with.”

Maya was just about ready to give up on anything, already reaching in between her breasts to pluck out Aiden. That is, until she looked up on a mere chance. Her eyes locked onto a vent just above the stalls. It was small, but seemed just large enough for her to barely squeeze into. She’d have to hold her breath, and make certain to not crush Aiden. But at the very least it was something. A small glimmer of hope that she was more than willing to latch on to. Thankfully, the vent was above one of the more ‘intact’ toilets, though Maya wasn’t certain if something that old and out of order would even be able to support her weight long enough as she climbed. 


Were she to be honest with herself, there were still several things which could go wrong. Likely much more than just several actually. But it was something that offered at least a chance at survival. While not the best of ideas she’d just have to manage. 


“...fuck it, might as well give it a try.” 


Maya didn’t waste a single second, scrambling up the old toilet with what little strength she had. She was only able to move as much right now thanks to the copious amounts of endorphins her body was producing, but that wouldn’t last forever. She’d shut down in time. Before that happens however, she needs to move. As fast and as far as she could go. 


The toilet creaked, its old frame barely able to hold Maya up. Thankfully, the vent cover was just as old, needing only a quick punch to knock it off of its rusted bolts. Maya grabbed onto the vent’s edges just in time as, just as suddenly as she had stood on top of it, the toilet’s frame gave out. It crumbled, nearly splitting in half from the simple act of standing on it. But she had made it just in time. 


There was no telling just how bad the inside of these vents were, or how tight of a crawl it would be. But it was a step in the right direction. Pulling herself up was torturous, but Maya eventually managed. She even managed to pull her chest all the way through without crushing Aiden, though it was extremely likely that his own failing body was pushed closer to its limit thanks to the sudden increase in pressure. 


As things were, Aiden had no clue over what was happening. He only knew that Maya was in motion, pushing her body to move as much as it could. She was fighting, even against such odds she was still pushing forward. There was respect to be had in that; admiration. Whatever it was she had planned, Aiden hoped it would work out for her. He truly did want to see if she could really start over again. 


Maya did as well, wanting nothing more now than to share that dream. That offer. Going this far was dangerous. Life threatening even without all the hired thugs. But still, she couldn’t stop. She wouldn’t stop. Pulling herself up completely into the tight space of the vent she made herself a vow. 


If it meant losing everything she had built around herself her whole life. 


If it meant doing away with all her darker desires. 


She wanted to give credence to the one victim who has given her the benefit of the doubt; who had given her a second chance. 


And even if it meant losing her life...


She was going to see the light at the end of the dark tunnel that was her life.

Chapter End Notes:

Hoping to get Part 2 of Forcefully Together done in 3-5 more chapters. Depends on how much I can work into a single one. Anyway, I'll see you in the next one whenever that comes around. 

Let's do a lil fun here
What would you like to see happen in the future?