- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This took some time to get done. Classes have started up again so chapters for Alpha-Beta may be a bit more sparse than they were during the summer. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop writing though. If anything, the determination to continue is even stronger than before. 

Well, til next time y'all hope you enjoy 

Also WARNING
THE CHAPTER AHEAD HAS VIOLENCE AND GORE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Maya has been many things in her life. Cruel and kind. Obsessed and caring. Mad. Even madder than a hatter. But all that she’s seen through her 27 years of life has been viewed through which only ever saw cracked glass.

Fractures in her mind that have plagued her for much of her life. Now, for the first time in... well ever, she thought clearer than she ever has before. So when she felt the squirm of her latest victim beneath her barefoot she knew exactly what she was doing. By their side, the crushed remains of only a few of their companions, all overshadowed by the corpse of some poor woman who had tried to prevent Maya from committing her cruel deeds.

A beautiful individual with a kind soul, judging by the fact that they had taken it upon themselves to provide shelter to the beta’s present. Six, at least. Maya liked to consider that as her lucky number. The woman’s kindness, unfortunately, would not get her far in this world. A world that allows the cruel to flourish. Were it a just existence everyone lived then someone like Maya would have paid for a lifetime of sins by now.

 

Though, perhaps she already was. After all, her current reason for being here was so that she can work towards bettering herself. As strange as it may seem, these poor souls she bloodied and butchered were working towards a higher purpose.

 

Desensitization. To turn her away from the blood and gore she had grown to crave. The carnage that came from cutting someone open or splitting them in half. To watch heads roll or pop off like some cork. Viewing their mangled bodies as the light of their life left their eyes one final time had always been so…euphoric. Rapturous in a way. One of the only methods Maya could rely on that would keep her mind from breaking.

 

But if she wished to see her beloved once more then she needed to learn the one thing that had always alluded her.

 

Restraint.

 

In a life that’s only ever known bloody murder, Maya found it paramount that she learn to cull her grievous desires. She loved to run her fingers through the mangled hair of her victims, to twist their limbs until their form was more suited to her liking. It was a delight to feel the warmth of their innards spill out from their carcasses. Better than any bonfire she could think of. Truly the best way to spend a chilly night. But if she wished to see her beloved again then she’d need to do away with all those vices. If it meant she had a chance to get him back, to have him a constant in her life once more, then she would do anything needed to meet such goals. It was the thing she could think of that would allow her the capabilities to face him again. Her one and only. And if that meant she needed to find some way to turn herself off of the massacres she enjoyed then so be it.

 

But, the truth was that even as she ground the life out of the beta questioning just what he had done to deserve this, Maya still held her doubts. Even if her thoughts were clearer than they ever had been before she still worried over if this would be enough. If all her efforts were in vain or if she had a chance at winning her beloved’s heart once more. The week was almost over. She was expected to take him from Lynette’s home soon. She was running out of time.

 

Maya lifted her foot over the beta beneath it. He was struggling to move, barely alive but still very much intact. That’s far more than could be said of his friends. Or some of them anyway. Thus far Maya’s only killed two. Including the regular-sized wannabe hero who tried to stop her, which should make seven her. And of that seven only 4 remained.

 

“That would make…25 I think?” Maya mused. She curled her now crimson hair in between two fingers, thinking about all she had killed this week. So many deaths, all in an attempt to sate her bloodlust. If anything it’s had the opposite result on her. Once, she believed that because of her mental state she couldn’t stop herself from committing such crimes. Now? Well, she knows better now.

 

With her head, clear Maya had come to the understanding that this was just who she was. A murderer and a monster obsessed with someone so much smaller than herself. It was honestly liberating and maybe even a bit worrying. If this was who she was naturally then just maybe she was beyond salvaging anything she might have had with…

 

“No” She shook those thoughts clear from her head. “No, no, no that’s going to happen.” She reminded herself. “I’m not going to lose him again. I’m going to fix this. I’m going to fix us. Everything. Everything will be fine.”

 

Half-baked attempts to put herself at ease. What she needed most right now, though, wasn’t a reminder of her goal but rather what she needed was a distraction. Something to pull her away from her rising worries. It was there that she remembered the still broken beta.

 

She peered down, watching as the poor mini man struggled to crawl away. So close to death, so near that fine line between consciousness and oblivion and still he fought on. It was endearing, maybe even a little inspiring, but ultimately it was pointless. In the state he was in the man could offer no resistance as Maya gripped his head in between her toes. She worked her way down until they rested comfortably atop his shoulder, his size allowing her to tighten her hold around his neck.

 

“You’re certainly larger than your friends. I bet you thought you were veeeery lucky when you only shrunk to…what? Six inches? Guess you weren’t as lucky as you thought.” Maya smiled softly as the man uselessly beat his fist against her black painted nails. To anyone else, that type of smile might seem fitting for a seemingly sweet woman. To the poor beta, it was the single most terrifying grin he’d ever seen.

 

His efforts doubled but were just as useless as before. The towering woman who held him effortlessly chuckled. It was always adorable to see how some continued to thrash about. It certainly helped that this beta in particular was quite the looker. Well kept, fit, and quite bold when he tried to save his friends by sacrificing himself. Someone’s been watching too many movies. All he did was buy them a few minutes more as well as earned himself a front-row seat to two deaths that he tried to prevent.

 

Now here they were, Maya’s bloodied toes wringing his little neck. Life was so deliciously unpredictable that way.

 

It was then that a thought occurred to Maya. Maybe a means to ease her bloodlust.

 

“Your name. What is it?” a simple question, one that should have been answered right away. Instead, the beta could barely muster out a single word as Maya’s hold on his neck grew tighter and tighter. All the while, her grin just grew wider. To almost cartoonish proportions. She slowly forced his body down, his knees trying with all their might to push against the weight of the world. As he did, however, the beta steadily lost oxygen and his vision slowly began to grow dark.

 

“What’s the matter? Don’t know your own name?” Maya snickered at the man’s weakening struggles. He was losing this battle quickly. Far too quickly for her liking. She spread her toes apart just enough that the man could comfortably breathe. When life seemed to return to his body once more though, she slammed them back shut around his neck. His struggles resumed now, far greater than before now that he saw a chance to escape.

 

“He’s just like a rat. Give him a little bit of hope and he’ll keep on fighting.”

 

She recalled fond childhood memories when her sister would show her how mice would struggle when placed in a container of water. At first, they would give up, some barely lasting ten minutes before drowning. But save a few a place them back in the water after and they’ll struggle for hours. Hope was a powerful force as well as a useful tool.

 

So it was that now that the beta had found themselves with the smallest glimmer of hope did their efforts to be free intensify. They fought harder than before. So hard that they freely allowed tears to fall from their reddened eyes now that they saw the hopelessness of their situation sink in. Even then, they continued to beat against her toes. At the very least they managed to tickle her, if only slightly.

 

“Not even gonna tell me your name?” It wasn’t like he could. Maya wasn’t giving him any chance to speak. Her eyes narrowed, their blue hue shining as Maya licked her lips. “That’s fine. It wasn’t like I was going to care to remember it~.”

 

She raised her foot and with it the beta. She lifted it high up until it seemed the man was several stories high. He tried to plead. He begged. But whatever words may have left his quivering lips fell on deaf ears. Maya brought her foot down upon the ground hard and his body gave away near instantly. First came the pops. The satisfying crunches that followed bones breaking; all being reduced to a fine powder. Next came that oh so delightful squelch she enjoyed. The warm sensation of gore rising to escape whatever orifice was readily available on a body under pressure. Soon that very gore rose to flood in between her toes and stained much of Maya’s foot.

 

It matched her hair, now returned to its natural color for just such an occasion. If she was to begin again with her one and only then she’d need to look her absolute best.

 

Maya raised her felt, giggling once she felt the strands of viscera that connected her sole and her most recent victim snap. Her cheeks ran red as she moaned gently. She flexed her toes slightly, enjoying the last few pops of whatever internal organs remained intact.

 

“God, how could I ever do away with this?” she almost found herself regretting the fact that she was trying to turn herself away from such wonderful vices. This was who she was. A devil on earth. Now, she was trying to bury that portion of her being, all so that she could have someone she cared so much for back in her life. For the briefest of seconds, she wondered how they would feel squirming underneath her bloodied foot. She bit her lower lip, the mental image of her special someone trying to break free almost enough to make her force her hand in between her legs.

 

Almost, but not quite. She still had witnesses to take care of and while Maya did enjoy an audience every now and then she was on something of a time frame today.

 

Maya looked to her side and met the terrified gazes of the last three survivors. All female and all at different points in their lives. One was middle-aged with clear signs that they were past their prime. Another couldn’t have been much older than Maya. Maybe only a few years older. The last was the youngest of all. Barely out of their teens. Perhaps just at the point.  

 

Already, the titan before them could feel herself salivating. They all looked positively delicious. Maya’s eyes lit up as a possible solution to her problem presented itself. Without consideration as to whom she was picking up, her fingers wrapped around the first beta they could close themselves around. The young teen, so terrified and helpless that Maya wasn’t sure they’d remain conscious of what was about to happen next.

 

She couldn’t have been more than 3 inches. With their bleached hair tied up into a bun, and their red eyes flooding with tears, Maya couldn’t help but admit that this little girl was quite the cutey. Far too young for her liking but certain she must be quite popular in school. Or rather she was.

 

“So, you gonna tell me your name? Or am I going to have to force it out of you?”

 

“Elizabeth!” the young beta didn’t miss a beat in answering her captor’s question. She’d do anything to survive. That was good. It meant Maya could have a little bit of fun with this one beforehand.

“Elizabeth? Elizabeth~. Lizbeth.” Maya chuckled as she thought of different variants of the name. “Lizzy. I like it. Do you mind if I call you Lizzy? Or Liz?”

 

There was no argument from the beta. “Absolutely not! Call me whatever you want!” They’d agree to anything in their current state, as though it would save them in the end. Who knows though? Maybe Maya would let her go at the end of all this. She certainly felt like she could, depending on her mood anyway.

 

“Well, Lizzy, I take it you’re wondering just what it is I’m going to do with you?” their silence was satisfaction as was the terror on their face. Maya looked down to see that same expression on the survivors. They were too scared to run. They saw what happened to those who ran and weren’t intent on joining them.

 

“I’m going to be entirely honest. I’m not exactly sure myself.”

 

Elizabeth looked on in horrified confusion. She was scared to even speak out of turn. Gentle urging from Maya’s fingers was enough to force a few questions from the beta.

 

“Why us? We never did anything to you. Why are you doing this?”

 

Though they likely thought of it to be a difficult question for Maya to answer it actually wasn’t. In no way did Maya need to think about her actions. In no way did these people earn her ire. No, the reason why she was even here was much simpler than most would like to believe. And perhaps that made things all the more terrifying.

 

“Honestly, I kind of just chose your home out of a handful of others.” Bloodstains aside, the owner clearly took care of their house, but it wasn’t like Maya was here to steal anything.

 

They were just victims of circumstance. “I don’t have anything against you. Really, I don’t. hell, I don’t even know you. But you’re kinda the ones I chose so sorry… I guess? I actually probably won’t even remember any of you after today.”

 

Before she could process what was said to her Elizabeth felt herself rise into the air. She was launched upward, a gentle toss from Maya amounting to a liftoff which sent her careening towards the last place she’d want to end up. Strands of saliva connected Maya’s upper and lower jaw, giving the beta a clear view of what awaited her. There was nothing Elizabeth could do to stop her descent.

 

But just as she was certain that she’d be swallowed alive, Elizabeth was caught midway, in between Maya’s plush lips.

 

Aught…ou…izz…” Maya tried to speak but found it difficult to do so with someone halfway into her mouth. Still, she was sure Lizzy had heard her. Well, it didn’t matter either way. She was right where she needed to be.

 

Within, Elizabeth found herself subject to a cave of flesh and bone. Occasionally saliva would dribble down from the roof of Maya’s mouth and onto the beta’s head, but for the most part, everything was still. The only sound that could be heard was the undulating flesh of the leviathan-like tongue before her. Elizabeth reached out her hand, placing it upon the muscle. It was terrifying to think that THIS was but a small part of a much larger entity.

 

She was shaking. Her entire body was wracked with fear. By this point, Elizabeth couldn’t even cry anymore, all she could manage were dry pathetic hiccups. Soon enough, that fear would turn to panic as Maya brought her incisors down upon the beta’s midsection. She didn’t even give them time to wonder what was happening. Before she knew what hit her Elizabeth found the jaws moving from left to right, the incisors cutting into her makeshift clothes first.

 

They tore them away easily enough. Simple cotton that, when met against such overpowering force, could do little to protect anyone. There was some humor that could be found here. Maya likened the activity to eating candy with its wrapper intact. She just had to peel it away before getting to the sweet treat it covered.

 

But when finally she did manage to break skin Maya found herself assaulted by a horrid iron taste. Now that she was fully in control of her faculties, with no mental break to keep her going, she found the taste of blood to be incredibly off-putting.

 

“Just like I thought. This is horrible. How did I enjoy this before?”

 

It was her hope that the taste would be what she needed to turn away from her cravings. It certainly was far from being one of her favorite snacks now, and she wasn’t certain she’d be able to eat betas much in the same way as she used to. That said, she could once more feel her face flushing red. Though the taste was horrid the constant struggles and cries from her victim were more than making up for it.

 

She was smiling as Elizabeth beat her fists against her tongue, as though that would help. Just like before any sort of effort made against her would only end in death. But Maya did wonder just how much their body could take.

 

Within the maw, Elizabeth writhed in agony as her blood mixed with the pooling saliva. Constantly, she found herself forced to swallow excessive amounts of the mixture before it was released back into the gargantuan mouth as what little remained of her stomach could not possibly hold it in.

 

She was being sawed in half. Slowly, painfully, and calculated just enough that she didn’t die right away. There would be no sort of recovery for her. Though she was young Elizabeth knew not to be hopeful in this type of situation. That is why she’s ceased fighting. She resigned herself to her fate.

 

It wasn’t until she felt her legs being pulled did she resume her panic. She could accept anything. Anything else other than that.

 

Maya pulled at Elizabeth’s lower limbs even as they tried to kick themselves free. Her attempts to fight back were just so cute. Even cuter than her previous kill. Though that’s probably on account of her being so young. She has a full life ahead of her filled with possibilities.

 

Well… she HAD a life anyway.

 

She tugged at Elizabeth’s lower half pulling it free of what remained within. Maya dangled the leg over the remaining two victims, more than eager to see what they thought of this manner of execution. Poor Lizzy wasn’t fighting back anymore. Dead, or maybe just drifted off into peaceful bliss. Either way, they’d soon be little more than a minute amount of energy that would amount to nothing. Maya swallowed, still regretting the iron favor which flooded her senses but enjoying the feeling of even half of the beta’s body trailing down past her collarbone.

 

She hoped they were still alive. She really did. The thought of her stomach acids entering the gaping hole that was once Lizzy’s lower half, dissolving her from within, was just so tantalizing. How Maya wished she could see it for herself. She’d want nothing more than to watch the pained look on their face melt away along with everything else.

 

Maya sighed, content with the light snack.

 

“Well, that was fun.” Maya licked her lips, spitting out a wad of blood and saliva mixture. It landed between the two remaining survivors. She wiped away any remaining blood that with her sleeve, apparent disgust forcing her to be rid of any lingering mess. “Super gross though. Never realized just how gross until now. I will NOT be trying that again so consider you two lucky.”

 

Though compared to others she’s killed in the past, the death Maya brought onto Elizabeth was quicker than some. Sure she suffered but it wasn’t dragged out. If anything, they were done a favor by being ripped in half. No one would want to be conscious when taking a dive into acid.

 

Maybe not as lucky as I thought then~.

 

Maya lowered herself down to the remaining beta’s eye level. “Oh, whatever am I going to do with yooooou~?

 

The two beta’s pushed against one another, trying to get as far away from Maya as physically possible while using their former companion as some sort of human shield. This was Maya’s favorite part. Where even close bonds can be shattered when faced with the possibility of the kind of death she could deliver. She wouldn’t ask them their name. She didn’t care.

 

She had hoped that through learning their name she’d at least be more hesitant to kill them. As she saw, that wasn’t likely to happen though. Maya let them struggle for a few minutes more. At some point, their attention went from to each other, both yelling obscenities and blaming the other for their current position. Because that totally held a factor? No, that’s just how people are. They’ll fight and blame if only ever to ease their own stress, but in the process burn down whatever bridges are left.  

 

Maya even blamed someone too, for having her first love taken away from her. Now, as she thought back to that moment of rage and madness, she couldn’t help but laugh at her own ridiculousness. If only was to blame for her situation then it’d be herself. She knew that now. She’d own that. But she could change. She could do better. These little betas, still fighting among themselves even as she loomed overhead, couldn’t. They’d fight, they’d cry, and they’d blame everyone but themselves for their unfortunate circumstances.

 

It was pitiable. To a point where Maya had actually found their bickering to grow tiresome. They didn’t appear that much bigger than Elizabeth. The beta she had crushed underfoot was clearly the largest of the lot. One hand would be more than enough.

 

She reached out, grabbing a hold of both women before they even knew what was happening. Their anger towards one another quickly turned to panic. They quickly devolved into pleading and crying. Maya could have killed them then and there. Very easy too, it’d have just taken a quick squeeze. But she already seemed a mess. There was blood on her foot, chin, and shirt. She could tell that the effort to hide the mess she had made would take up much of the remainder of her day. Maya often found herself thanking Los Demonios’ lack of an efficient police force. It WAS called the city of demons for a reason. People like her thrived here.


“Convince me.” Maya requested. She gripped the two women tighter to show the power she held over them. They were at her complete mercy, no longer in the care of someone Maya had already dispatched. “Convince me to spare one of you. The one who wins gets to live another day. The one who doesn’t…”

 

Maya’s eyes trailed off as her lips pursed into a small smile. The index finger of her free hand came to rest at the corner of her mouth. She seemed genuinely cute in that moment, despite the blood that littered her body.

 

“Let’s just say that the one who doesn’t win won’t enjoy their prize.”

 

This was who she was. Deep down, no matter how well she buried it, there was no denying that this was Maya in her purest form. Free of the shackles that plagued her mind. Cold in her executions and loving every second of it. It saddened her that she was looking to do away with all that, but it was necessary. There was no such thing as progress without sacrifice. If this was what she needed to do before burying this part of herself away then so be it.

 

This is what she deserved, after all, for ruining the life of the one person she actually regretted killing. Her one and only, her first love, and the sixth person in her life that ever made her second guess her existence.

 

“Aiden. Everything I do here I do for you. These crimes I’ll gladly commit in your name. Not some number given to you as some marker. Everything I’ve done I will pay back in full.”

 

Maya was so lost in thought that she had nearly forgotten the two pleading betas in her grasp. Once again they had resumed arguing with one another despite their location. Clearly, there were some underlying issues between these two that Maya wasn’t going to dive into. It didn’t matter. She had already made her decision well before giving them the task of convincing her.

 

The older of the two couldn’t really offer anything that Maya was looking for. They were past the prime of their youth and hadn’t made many decent life choices considering their state. Underweight and ill-tempered. Her whole story was written in her appearance and actions. Though the home’s owner tried to care for all the betas it was apparent that some didn’t take to being treated as pets.

 

The younger however was the exact opposite. Well maintained and the first to shut up when threats were thrown. Easily pushed around and could be molded into someone of use. Perfect for what Maya had planned.

 

Without a word, the titaness’s thumb came to rest underneath the older woman’s chin. She never even got the chance to beg for Maya to wait when their head was torn clean off of their body with little more than a flick. The other was quickly silenced when they saw the now lifeless, headless corpse of their fellow shrinkee.

 

“Guess it’s your lucky day…whatever your name is” the woman tried to speak out to give Maya an answer only to have their bloodied thumb placed over their mouth. “Aht aht aht, I wasn’t asking for your name silly. I don’t care. All I need from you is obedience~. Are we clear on that?”

 

Several spirited nods later and Maya had her answer.

 

“Good. Now I propose you get comfortable.” Opening her hand just enough allowed for the corpse of the older woman to fall out. Maya still had a firm hold on the younger beta before lifting them upward. Maya sat upright now that she had her prize in hand. Though she came here solely on a whim she would not leave empty-handed.

 

She opened the collar of her shirt just enough that it’d be a smooth transition for the beta. “Try not to squirm alright? I’m kind of ticklish there and I would just hate for you to get crushed. Especially when I decided to spare you.” Maya released her hold on the woman, letting gravity take them down to rest in between two mounds of flesh. While Maya never had the biggest chest it was still a considerable size. Certainly more than enough to keep her Aiden nice and secured when she chose to carry him around prior to their separation.

 

Maya gave her breasts a gentle squeeze, noting the sudden squirming from between. But just as fast as it had started it ceased. They had taken the warning given to them to heart.

 

“Nice and obedient, just the way I like them.” A few more squeezes only made Maya wonder just what they were going through. She was, in some minor ways, jealous. She’s read stories. She knows that some people out there would kill to be in such a position. Hell, she wouldn’t mine being nestled between Lyza’s breasts if she had the chance.

 

Though not as endowed as herself Maya would still jump at the opportunity.

 

“I do wonder what she’s up to…” They hadn’t seen one another since Maya’s trip to Roxanne’s if she recalled correctly. Maya had reached out a few times but was always met with the same response.

 

‘I’m going through some things; I’ll get back to you eventually.’

 

She had her company to take care of, true, but to not have seen Lyza for nearly a week. Suspicious at best, concerning at worst. Whatever they were going through Maya wished them the best. Lyza always seemed the strong one when comparing the two of them but even they had their limits.

 

For now, though, Maya had other matters to deal with. She was almost ready now, and once she was then Maya would have her one and only back in her arms. After which she’d help Roxanne place her girlfriend atop a throne that was currently occupied by her sister.

 

She could hardly wait for such changes to take place. It was all so incredible. So close. They were all so close to making history happen once again. And when they did it would be the four of them atop a pyramid that dictated the true structure of the world.

 

But before she could focus on that Maya needed to clean up. Looking at her body it was pretty obvious that even with Los Demonios’ laughable police force she’d still find herself on the run if discovered like this. And then there was the matter of the house to deal with. Looking all around was like looking at some unraveling crime scene. Though she supposed that’s exactly what this was.

 

She gave her chest a light tap before setting out to find some gloves, a mop, and a whole lot of cleaning equipment. “You best get ready to sweat cutey. Things are about to get busy.”

Maya had a whole house to clean. 

Chapter End Notes:

As always a rating and review are always appreciated! Also part of a series you may have seen on the site now called Eldritch Sweethearts! Give them stories a read if you like cosmic power girlfriends. All the writers there are incredible!