- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And so begins part two of Forcefully Together! And things certainly changed! Though whether or not they're for the better remains to be seen. 

“7:30 in the morning is way too damn early…” Roxanne huffed.

 

She was tired, the previous night had not been kind to her. A result of late work that she had imposed upon herself. Oh, what she wouldn’t give for a coffee right now. A cinnamon dolce latte with 5 pumps of cinnamon syrup, topped with sprinkles and whipped cream. The very idea of it was mouth-watering. So much so that she wondered if she was scaring the beta that walked at her feet. Earlier in the morning, she swore she saw a few trembling ones. Five inches, seven inches, three inches, and two inches. Betas of all sizes, walking and working around buildings owned by Rosen accessories. Lynette Vermont’s company. Workers all, like little ants. At least in Roxanne’s eyes.

 

It was funny in a way. Early in the morning, she must have seemed a starving, drooling beast to these well-dressed worker drones. They must have been terrified when she looked down at them, the moment she realized what was happening. Her crimson eyes shone down like some pair of bloody red moons. Her gigantic black heels, a wall that they couldn’t think to climb.

 

Even her jacket must have seemed like a cloak with how low it hung on her body. A peach-colored cloak with kitten etched onto the back, but a cloak nonetheless.

 

Roxanne was amazed they could wear such small clothing in such cold weather. She wondered how many of them came from off the street. Offered by Rosen Accessories, as well as any other corporation with ties to it, for a chance at a better life. If it was a great deal of them then that’d explain why. She could understand that.

 

After all, it wasn’t even a full year ago that she was in their shoes. But that was then, and this is now.

 

Now she was large enough that a great many of them could get seriously harmed if she didn’t watch for where she stepped. And she loved it. It felt as though the world she was promised was finally at her feet. Of course, this was an illusion. A farce of the truth. There was still a great many hurdles she’d have to deal with if that dream were to become a reality. And as of this moment, her greatest hurdle was a lack of sleep.

 

“At least Six gets to sleep in…” Roxanne groaned.  “In his comfy bed, in his warm house, with his cup of joe, and heated breakfast…”

 

She realized at that moment that she hadn’t had any breakfast either. It was no wonder the lesser betas around her were terrified. She must have seen ready to snatch them up and toss them into her mouth. Swallow them whole or grind their bodies between her teeth.

 

Roxanne shuddered at the thought. Unlike some people, she wasn’t fond of doing that. Indeed, the idea of even eating a beta was so far absolutely absurd to her. To have them kicking and screaming as they travel down the esophagus before they land in your stomach doing much the same thing. Trying to keep their head above the rising bile and acid. It was a horrible image. One that she was afraid of as, at one point in her life, she feared she’d be in that very position.

 

But, again, times were different. She was different. Now, she had a home. A life filled with purpose again, and, usually, frequent meals. Plus, her little roommate wasn’t as unforgiving as she had thought. He was compliant. Kind even when he needed to be, able to negotiate rather expertly over better living conditions, not just for him but for Roxanne as well. Thanks to him she’s been offered a fair amount of luxuries that she couldn’t even afford under the employ of Saint Minerva, the woman who once tried to reshape the world.

 

Roxanne wondered if she should get Six anything after her meeting. His most recent surgery was a success, thanks in part to her delicate hands and great skills. He was almost unrecognizable now thanks to her efforts. No doubt, that’s why he was so kind to her. She held through with her promise. To help “fix” him.

 

She wondered if it was true kindness he showed her, or just a bargain he felt he should uphold. His attitude certainly improved, a development she was pleased about. Had everything gone poorly with him then Roxanne may not be here now to reminisce about it.  

 

She shook off such thoughts. She reasoned that, at the very least, Six appreciated what she had done for him. It certainly wasn’t easy. Much of her restless nights were because of him after all. Yet she worked diligently, with little rest other than the occasional nap.

 

This certainly wasn’t healthy behavior, and she chuckled at the thought.

 

 “Someone’s in good spirits.” A hand falls on Roxanne’s shoulders. Firm and strong, but not to the point of unbearable. The only thing that was insufferable was the person the hand belonged to. As tall as she was, with lime green eyes and pink hair that fell behind their black business suit. A beauty in the eyes of the world but with a personality more befitting a devil.

 

Los Demonios believe Lynette to be some sort of saint, like Minvera. Roxanne knew better, as did Six. She was anything but, and her deeper connections to greater forces at play proved it. But she was still their boss, and her smile showed that she was waiting for good news.

 

“So, how’s my favorite beta doing on his day off”

 

Roxanne forced herself to chuckle. She’d much rather be in bed too, forgetting about this entire meeting. But it was her job, to give updates on Six’s health. Not just to Lynette but to her other employer as well. At the very least she didn’t have to worry about them today.

 

“He’s doing better,” Roxanne explained. “He’ll need a few days rest, but aside from that, the operation shouldn’t have left him in too poor a state. Just one in which he can’t do anything too taxing.”

 

A lie Roxanne wasn’t sure was bought. She’d been lying for nearly a year now, to someone who could end her life with just a phone call. The fact that she was alive now meant that, hopefully, Lynette believed it. That or they were just waiting for the right time to be rid of her. A joke Roxanne liked to tell herself. To calm her nerves.

 

…Mostly.  

 

“Poor little guy…” Lynette pouted. “Well, you just tell him he can take all the time he needs. This month’s bound to be slow anyway. Few products need to be tested so you just tell Maxey to take all the time he needs.”

 

Six’s false name, Maxwell. Another lie for someone who could end them both.

 

“He’s changed quite a bit,” Roxanne explained. “His recovery is rather extraordinary, if not lengthy. I suppose I have you to thank for that, recommending who I should talk to if it meant helping him.”

 

“Of course!’ Lynette exclaimed. “I look after my employees, unlike my sister.” And here came the badmouthing. “The poor thing was covered in bandages when I first met him, you know? She never even offered a helping hand. Some people, I swear…”

 

The smile returned as Lynette turned on her heel, making her way to her office with Roxanne practically being towed by her shoulder.

 

“But enough talking here, Roxy!  We’re taking up too much room as is.” True words as, upon looking to the floor of the lobby, Roxanne found a great number of betas were walking around the two titans. It was captivating, how they had to adapt to those hundreds of times their scale. Fascinating, even to this day.

 

“I have a few things that Max might be up to test out,” Lynette explained. “Nothing too taxing, I promise. A few attempts at a miniature automobile that I doubt will even work. Still, doesn’t hurt to try.”

 

Though her employer was talking Roxanne’s mind was elsewhere. Her eyes were back to the betas scurrying about, going along with their tasks. So many of them could have come from the street. And were that the case then there’s likely more still lost.

 

She wasn’t in any way sympathetic. No. Rather, she was curious. Because if betas on the street didn’t find work now, odds are they’d find themselves someplace less…desirable.

 

Roxanne chuckled at the idea. She wondered how her other employer was doing. Today was her anniversary after all. Odds are she was celebrating in her own way.

 

Oh, the hell others of Roxanne’s kind must be going through currently. If there was one thing she was grateful for, it was to be free of that terror.

 

 

Terror, of those who crave it, holds a special kind of flavor. The skin sweats yet a chill is felt in those afraid. Their body shivers but is in flames. A desire to escape the one thing on anyone’s mind when all they were faced with was horror. Unfortunately, as was the case now, escape wasn’t always a possibility. Sometimes, hope was lost.

 

And when hope was lost those who were terrified no longer screamed. Not even a little squeak. And in Lyza’s opinion that just took away from the fun of toying with the betas upon her bed. There were twelve of them before she and Maya had begun their celebration. Two years now they dated, and so they needed something special. Treats that kicked and shouted when she tossed them into her mouth. They struggled all the way down her throat, even continuing within her stomach as though that would aid their efforts.

 

It was fun at first. Maya had outdone herself this time. All of their victims were young, the early to mid-twenties from the looks of it. Full of vigor and stamina. But, a flaw of being so young, they were too easily broken. Not their bodies but their minds. They caved too early, just when things were getting good. Over half of them sat in silence, waiting to die. It didn’t matter where Lyza placed them they remained lifeless, void of hope.

 

Just like the one she held in between her fingers. Four inches, female, and a boy that would drive most men crazy. It was clear by her reaction when she arrived that she was a recently shrunk. Her pleas for mercy were a clear indicator of that. The type that could only come from someone who hadn’t yet realized their old life was gone.

 

” You can’t do this I’m human!” 

 

“This is immoral please stop!”

 

All cries both women had heard before. After a few among her numbers died though she quickly shut up, the weight of the situation finally sinking in. And of all the possible results that was the most boring of them.

 

“I like it better when they scream…” Lyza stated as she gave the beta a squeeze. Still, she elicited no response. “But looks like this one’s just about done.”

 

She’d have thrown them clear over her bed, the impact onto the floor likely being fatal, had Maya not grabbed her hand. The blue-haired psychopath was already two betas in, both likely still alive as they were only eaten recently. That said, she was clearly looking for a third.

 

“If you’re not going to eat her then can I?” Maya asked. “I know how I can make her scream.”

 

Without even a word of approval, Maya guided Lyza’s fingers in between her lips, sucking the beta off of them while also savoring the taste of her girlfriend. The act elicited a soft coo from Lyza, the designer clearly intrigued over what her lover had planned.

 

The coo quickly turned into a moan when Maya forced Lyza into an embrace. As it would turn out, the kiss the two shared was just the push the beta needed for her fear to return. She had accepted her death up until that point. Now, forced to endure the passion of two titans, she was placed within a new hell. One that twisted and turned like the tongues she laid upon.

 

Lyza was gentle, in a way. She bit lightly into the beta’s flesh, making sure not to pierce the skin so as not to fill her mouth with the taste of iron. If anything, the time in her mouth was slow going. Smooth, almost gentle. The complete opposite of Maya who cared little for foul tastes of metal. Whereas Lyza bit into the beta upper half Maya held no restraint in tearing up the lower. To the point where eventually, and inevitably, Lyza began to taste blood and felt the urge to stop. She wouldn’t be able to back away however as Maya quickly grabbed her hair and pulled her in even closer.

 

The designer regretted slightly having let her hair grow out some in the past year. Maya had kept hers relatively the same at that time, but Lyza had to “try something new”. Now she’s lost count of the times it’s been pulled at.

 

Maya would not let up. The renewed struggles of the beta were just what she needed. A reminder that today wasn’t just a special day for her and her lover. It was a reminder of the fact that her one and only wasn’t here, enjoying this sensation in place of the bleeding little woman in between their lips. She wondered if he’d enjoy the sight of two barely dressed, beautiful women. Or would he be spiteful, just as he was that day the psychopath couldn’t forget?

 

She could have finished them off so easily. A simple bite would be all it took to end it. But she held herself back. A trait Maya was honing more and more these days. She was learning restraint to the best of her abilities, though some days proved more difficult than others. Today she was in control of her actions, so when she forced the beta fully into Lyza’s mouth her eyes clearly showed what it was she wanted to see. Not glazed over, a common trait of when she snapped, but lascivious.

 

Lyza gagged as the beta was thrust into her mouth, an act that only sent them deeper in intensifying the now overwhelming taste of iron. It was horrid, the reason being why she didn’t chew betas up being she abhorred their taste. The sensation of them struggling was better. But she refused to spit them out onto her bed. Not for the sake of Maya, the giddy killer waiting in anticipation. No, to spit out the beta right now would mean blood on her bedsheets. Seamless silk, the sheets on her pillows alone cost seven grand. The one on her bed was several times that. No, she’d rather not ruin them.

 

She forced herself to swallow, a task made difficult due to the betas size and her reluctance. Even with their wounds, they fought against what was natural for Lyza’s body. They pushed against the back of the designer’s throat, forcing themselves to stay above the looming threat that would damn them to a slow death. A fighter for sure, but one who terribly underestimated the power of body hundreds of times their size. One shift of Lyza’s tongue was all that was needed for the beta’s leg to slip into her throat. And where one went the rest of the body followed soon after.

 

The angle in which they were pulled in was odd, to say the least, and stopped their descent after only a few moments. They became stuck, Lyza’s sudden coughing a clear sign that something went wrong. Any lust Maya had before was lost upon seeing her lover choke. Now there was only concern as they drastically looked for a water bottle. They had set several aside just in case things went too far. Clear to say they most certainly have. But, in her panic Maya failed to see the blush upon Lyza’s cheeks. A shade of pink on their pale skin that would have been hard to ignore had they been paying attention.

 

Nothing their significant other was no longer paying attention the designer now pulled at their hair, minor revenge for having theirs tugged at, and made them watch as she forcefully pulled the beta the rest of the way down her esophagus. The tiny girl’s awkward position forced a visible bulge alongside Lyza’s throat. A bulge Maya traced as she watched it fall under their collar bone. 

 

When the deed was done Lyza gasped for air. The taste was still fresh, even after swallowing the source of it, and she wanted so desperately to spit it out. Instead, much to Maya’s surprise and delight, she swallowed whatever remained within, blood mixing with saliva working to dilute the flavor but only slightly. No doubt it would work to terrify the beta even more, a mixture of her own life fluids mixing with the bile of her stomach, working their way into the wounds Maya had made and digesting her from the inside out. The thought alone was enough to send chills down Lyza’s spine.

 

Even if she hated the taste she enjoyed the assertion Maya demonstrated. More knowing the fact that Maya’s domineering skills had only grown over the year. There was a certain attraction to it that the designer enjoyed.

 

Lyza smiled. “Fuuuuuuuck that was hot~” She couldn’t do away with the smile on her face. “I think the poor thing is still writhing~. I wish I could see it…”

 

Maya was hopeful that she hadn’t ruined their anniversary. The light in Lyza’s eyes, along with the red on her cheeks, was a good sign that she hadn’t.

 

“Really? You’re not mad?”

 

“No no, I’m not don’t worry,” Lyza assured. “If anything, you did manage to make her squirm again. Made me work for my last snack. How many is that now by the way? We started off with twelve, right?”

 

“That’s two for me, four now for you. You sure are a glutton today.”

 

Lyza chuckled at the comment. Admittedly, she may have been overdoing it. But being up so early in the morning, after a week of work, was enough to leave her with vices unkempt. “Let’s just think of this as my breakfast. So early in the morning that it may as well be.”

 

Lyza laid into her bed deeply, enjoying how she practically sank into it. Maya followed suit, lying beside her lover, and taking delight in the idea that all around them scurried the remaining betas. They were either broken in mind or too scared to run away. One even found themselves underneath Lyza’s rear when she had gotten comfortable. Maya gave them five minutes before they suffocated. Maybe less if their body broke.

 

The two held each other close, taking in the warmth of their bodies as all either of them desired to do was spend the day in bed. But, even on this special day of theirs, Lyza had to work. Not with her company luckily, but she had been informed that Roxanne would be meeting with her sister today. Possibly to discuss any changes in Six. An opportunity to learn what Lynette knew of the beta that the designer simply could not ignore.

 

Maya knew this and was hopeful that this time she could come along. The look on her face said it all. There was longing, a desire to see her one and only. To see Six. A voiceless request that Lyza would have to deny once more.

 

“Don’t even think about asking.” She warned.

 

“But Lyza!”

 

“No. You already know why you can’t.” Per Six’s request, he wanted nothing to do with Maya. For as long as he was under Lynette’s employ he wanted as few interactions with the serial killer as possible. “Six made himself clear that as far as being around you went he wanted nothing of the sort.”

 

“But it’s almost been a year!” Maya argued. “He forgave Roxanne, why can’t he forgive me!?!”

 

Maya was desperate. This was painfully obvious to Lyza. Even then, she wouldn’t budge. “He hasn’t forgiven her.” She corrected. “Six’s looking past it. He’s not forgetting what she’s done, nor is he forgiving it. But he also knows that it was Minerva that gave the orders to change him. Roxy was just one of the many hands that had to do the dirty work. What you did…it wasn’t the same thing.”

 

It hurt to hear that. Especially from someone she loved so much. But she understood where Lyza was coming from.

 

“I’m the one who chose to hold the knife…” Maya remembered. “And the one who chose to tear out his throat…” Even then she was still hopeful. “But maybe just this once?”

 

“No”

 

“Just for today, please? I won’t even touch him I swear.”

 

“Maya…”

 

It hurt to see her like this. Lyza didn’t know how to comfort such an obsession. Maya needed to see Six, that much she knew. But the issue lay in the beta that acted as the object of such fixation. She was so wishful that one of them would cave like they used to. But neither did. Neither Six nor Lyza gave in to this desire.

 

The look of weariness upon Lyza was all the answer Maya needed. The designer didn’t want to discuss this further, not today of all days. Today was meant to be a happy day, and neither of them wished to ruin that.

 

“I just…miss him…”

 

“But he doesn’t miss you,” Lyza wished to say. She held her tongue though, as that would only serve to wound Maya even more.

 

“Maya dear, please understand that what you did is not going to be something he forgives anytime soon. Roxanne is guilty too, yes, but they had a blank slate to work with. You? You knew him before he shrank. Before he was a beta. You broke his trust in the worst possible way. That’s not something you’ll be able to remedy easily, if at all. For now, all you can do is give him the space he wants.”

 

As much as Maya wanted to though, it hurt. She felt this way before. Back when she first lost her Six. After she had killed him and learned of his survival. She searched and searched, coming across only the smallest of information for the longest time. She had almost given up, believing he had finally left her. The relief and joy she felt when she had found him, even in a changed state, was without comparison. She didn’t want to go through that again.

 

“Are you going to leave me?” Maya finally asked. She felt as though history was repeating. “Just like Six did? Will you want me gone as well?”

 

Lyza smiled softly before pulling Maya in closely. She kissed her lover’s forehead as tenderly as she could. She could hardly believe that someone so dangerous, so cold and cruel to the lives of others, could shiver so violently when faced with such a thought.

 

“Not even if our lives depended on it.”

 

Lyza held Maya for as long as she needed, only getting up from the bed when she knew the danger had passed for now. As much as she wished to say, now more than before, she needed to see Roxanne quickly. When the window of opportunity presented itself. It was dangerous interacting with either her or Six when they worked for her sister. It put them all at risk.

 

She had debated on simply calling the former scientist but decided against it. With her sister’s connection that was arguably even more dangerous than seeing them in person.

 

And besides, she had a gift she wished to give personally to her favorite beta.

 

It took Lyza no time at all to get ready, having already planned out what she’d wear. A black sweater along with jeans and boots. Nothing special besides a red jacket she designed herself.

 

“Winter’s getting closer you know?” Lyza stated. “It would probably be smart to dress warmly, Maya.” The killer was unfortunately not listening, her state of sadness leaving her to only toy at the betas still on the bed. Not having received an answer Lyza took drastic measures. With word of warning, she stormed up towards Maya before pulling them into yet another kiss, deeper than the ones before and long enough that there was a severe lack of air. But it worked to pull Maya’s mind away from her depression, and when all that separated the two was a fine line of spittle Lyza whispered into the killer’s ear.

 

“Keep a few of the betas alive okay? I’ll make us dinner tonight, just for you and me. I know you love live ingredients.”

 

The blush on Maya’s cheeks was all the designer needed to see to know that she had pulled them back from the brink. A victory she’d have to take in her short time frame.

 

“I can’t be late though. You mind picking up some of the mess we made?”

 

“Not at all, so long as I get to help you cook.”

 

“It’s a deal and a date then.”

 

One final quick kiss and Lyza was off. She already knew what to get for Roxanne on the way to seeing her. Likely the early morning wouldn’t do them any good.

 

Once Lyza had left Maya’s demeanor fell again. She gripped at her arm painfully, her nails digging into her skin so fiercely that she drew blood. Her eyes fell upon the betas that were left behind, all so small and weak yet all privy to what had transpired between her and her lover. They saw her weak, and that was cause enough to earn her ire. She smiled cruelly, knowing whatever Lyza had planned wouldn’t compare to what she was going to do with them.

After all, her only rule now was to make sure they survive in time for dinner.

 

 

Roxanne sighed as she entered the apartment she and Six shared. The meeting with Lynette was longer than she had hoped and offered little information she could use. She was growing more comfortable around them though, and soon enough her loose lips would spill something of importance. Still, with it being 10:30 now it was far too late to sleep. She’d have to find something to do now, seeing as her schedule was relatively free.

 

Maybe clean the apartment? The place certainly needed it. It was large. More than enough for three people. To share the space with a beta meant that she had more than enough room to work on any side projects she wished to explore. It’s allowed for much progress over the year, in fields that have had trouble for decades. That was the kind of mind she was. Always thinking, always tinkering. But even then she wouldn’t deny that her favored success was found in Six and his alterations.

 

She removed her heels and jacket, glad to finally be out of both and in something more breathable and crashed into her sofa before getting comfortable. She just wanted to fall asleep. Roxanne didn’t even need a blanket, the green pullover she wore was all she needed now to keep warm. All around her home were scraps of machinery she had built. Made to make her life easier, along with Six’s. As she pressed into the sole of her nylon-covered foot she regretted the fact that she had yet to make something that’ll make heels more tolerable. Store-bought insoles be damned, they did little to alleviate the pain. Flexing her toes she wondered if Six would be willing to offer her a massage.

 

He provided some of the best.

 

As if on cue Roxanne heard the smallest of flushes, from a home only a few feet tall and bolted to the floor of the living room. It was of a larger scale than the previous version. Updated for Six’s new stature. The location wasn’t Roxanne’s first pick, but she could do little to dissuade it. Still, it made for a nice enough footrest, being so close to the couch. A fact she liked to remind her beta roommate constantly.

 

Roxanne scratched her heel against the roof of the structure, an act that shook the entire thing. It was enough to earn the attention of the smaller buildings’ sole resident. Rather than act in anger, there was instead laughter, and soon enough the structure’s front door opened.

 

“Someone’s up early on their day off. Special occasion, Six?”

 

To say the beta was changed would be a massive understatement. It was as though he were an entirely different being. The bandages that had covered all of his body save for his pink eyes had been peeled back in some places, revealing remarkably preserved skin. Much of his body still remained covered, namely around the torso and waist. But his arms, legs, and head were free. Free to view the world in a manner he had not experienced in what felt like an eternity. 

 

Years of being trapped beneath such wrappings though left their mark. Six now possessed a look of constant weariness, the bags under his eyes more related to stress over his former lifestyle. What’s more, his height, which was once only a meager half an inch, capped at only four. The fact didn’t seem to bother him though. On the contrary, the fact that he could even grow was more than enough for him. Antilirin was administered after much of his bandages were removed. It was always the wrappings that prevented any growth and forced his miniature state, as they were made by Josephine Minerva herself to test how far she could push the beta. The first true success of his kind. After he was freed of the trappings of his living hell Six was able to ingest liquids and solids as easily as any other tiny. From there everything else worked like clockwork. A true masterpiece.

 

But Roxanne didn’t see that. She saw someone who, despite what she had done, considered Six as a friend. Someone she could trust. It was her hope that those feelings were shared.

 

Six laughed. “Nothing as far as I know.” The beta was in good spirits. Better than any he’s been in for years. “Just some exercise I suppose. Wasn’t able to do them prior so, kind of just working them in when I can.”

 

He smiled, and Roxanne loved it. She was able to see his grin whereas before she could only picture it through wrappings. His first few weeks after surgery was difficult. Adjustment to his new appearance was needed, though it did not come as easily as she hoped. Being so long covered, Six often commented how his skin had felt as though it were missing or on fire. When he was cold the sound of his own chattering teeth terrified him. Even a sneeze, something he hadn’t experienced for years, was enough to spook him. He’s come a long way since then though, and Roxanne couldn’t have been prouder.

 

“Working out huh?” A smile stretched across Roxanne’s face as he placed her foot in front of the still high-spirited beta. “Think I know a workout that’ll really push you if you’re up for the challenge that is.” She flexed her toes for emphasis and Six quickly caught on.

 

We held his arms behind his back, as though he were deep in thought. “What’s in it for me?”

 

Roxanne chuckled. This was becoming a dynamic among them. A favor for a favor. She never minded though, feeling as though whatever he asked she owed it to him. It was the least she felt she could do, after having done so much to wrong him.

 

“I’ll make us some croquettes. Ham and cheese, nothing complicated. I’ve got the ingredients, might as well use them before they go bad. We can watch a movie while we eat. That sounds like a fair trade to you?”

 

The sudden pressure upon the center of Roxanne’s sole was her answer.

 

“Deal!” She heard Six shout. Slowly, the pain from before began to fade in both her foot and her body. Roxanne’s shoulders relaxed and she felt herself sink into the sofa. Of all the people she could think of, she’d believe Six to have been one of the last to jump at the chance of giving her a massage. Yet here he was, pressing his whole body into her sole to give her the best he could.

 

Careful observation showed that he held no such fetishes for his situation, and she’s had plenty of time to observe. He knew an attractive female when he saw one, a point he’s made clear when asked the question. Among that list, Roxanne was flattered to be counted among them, though that was beside the point. The fact was, Six had little to gain in his actions now other than food and a movie. Things Roxanne had already planned.

 

The only real explanation was that this was a show of gratitude. For having offered him a chance to be normal, at least in today’s terms. That alone was cause enough for Roxanne to believe the two were on great terms. He didn’t argue, he didn’t complain too often. He was compliant so long as Roxanne didn’t push her luck. He acted in a manner he was unable to for so long.

 

Six was finally becoming his own person again.

 

A realization that only forced Roxanne’s smile to grow wider.

 

“You really do give the best massages…”

Chapter End Notes:

As always, a rating and review are always appreciated! Til next time!