- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And so we arrive at a critical point in the story. Took some time to get here. A real long time...
But here we are regardless. The conclusion to part 1 of the story. 
Did....did I ever mention there were parts? I feel like that woulda been important to note...huh...well damn

“I don’t like this plan…” Six complained. He sulked as he was held in Lyza’s palm, the designer waiting patiently for Roxanne to get ready.

 

“I know, Six.” She assured. “But please bear with me. This is the only thing I can think of on such short notice. Besides, Roxanne is smart. She’ll keep you safe.”

 

Six grimaced at the idea of being in her care. She was one of the reasons why he was stuck as he was. Being half an inch tall, covered in unbreakable bandages, was in part her fault. “I refuse to believe that you see nothing wrong with this.”

 

Lyza smiled softly and made no attempt to disagree with the beta. She wholeheartedly agreed with him. That said, she saw this as the only path forward. With the information that was revealed to her and the threat they might find themselves in because of it, she felt this was the only option.

 

“It could be worse. Maya could be the one taking care of you.”

 

A low groan opposite of Lyza showed that her murderous lover didn’t much care for their comment. Yet they did nothing to rebuke what was said. Instead, they remained underneath a blanket trying their hardest to shut out the world around her. It would be better for her to ignore what was happening. The worst part of this all was how she felt that Lyza was in the right for saying that.

 

Being forced to hear Six’s feelings put Maya’s own into perspective. She had hurt Six. And for her own amusement no less. Though Roxanne had a hand in his suffering she was the only choice present in looking after him.

 

“Sorry dear…” Lyza apologized. “But you know as well as I do that you and Six aren’t on the best of terms right now.”

 

“That’s priceless coming from the woman who ‘owns’ me.” Six sat with his arms crossed, none too pleased with those being Lyza’s own thoughts.

 

The designer sank into her seat, a look of guilt clear. She had cause to say that. That facts were she provided much of what he and Maya used. Mostly Maya, were she to give it more thought, but that often extended to Six as well as he had a roof over his head per Lyza’s aid. She won’t fool herself and say she didn’t believe the contrary, though she certainly could have worded it better.

 

“Yes, well, you should blame yourself for mouthing off so much.”

 

“Excuse me!?”

 

Lyza felt a chill run down her spine as she looked down at her palm. Six was looking up at her, arms crossed and not at all pleased over what she said.

 

“Wait…that came out wrong.”

 

Rather than argue again Six instead sat back down, the prospect of another fight, not something he wished to go through again.

 

He was tired. As it was there were few people, if any, on his side. Right now all he wanted was some peace and quiet. At the very least Maya gave him that. Lyza on the other hand was nervous over what the future may hold and thus tried sparking up conversations. She kept a calm face, Six will give her that. But it was the motions in her hands that gave her away. Those small movements someone only as small as him could notice. The most minor of twitches. An increase in body temperature. Telltale signs of anxiety. And they only grew more prominent the longer Roxanne took to get ready.

 

“What is taking her so long?”

 

“You gave her Antilirin.” Maya reminded as she sat up while still hidden beneath her blanket. Slowly, it fell from her head revealing reddened eyes. A sign that she had been silently sobbing. “She’s been shrunk since the start of the epidemic. Odds are she’s still getting used to being…” she wanted to say normal but one look at Six stopped her dead in her tracks. “big…”

 

The only indicator that Roxanne was still in there was the sound of the shower. The beta, through years of neglect, no doubt desired a proper cleansing more than anything. She needed to look presentable.

 

Just a single step into Lyza’s plan. Six may have been the one offered to work for her sister he would still need a caretaker. And Six Lynette knew Maya it only made sense for Roxanne to step up. The beta knew of Lyza’s sister, though the reverse may not have been true. Lynette never cared to meet those she considered hired help. A trait she picked up from their mother. Odds are, Lynette was informed of Josephine Minvera but not of those who worked under her.

 

That left her vulnerable, were it true. It was a gamble sure, but one that needed to be risked.

 

“How long does it take someone to get ready?” Six questioned. “She’s been in the restroom for hours.”

 

“Never underestimate the time a woman needs to look presentable.” Lyza chuckled. “We can’t all just slap a shirt and shorts on and say we’re good to go. It takes time to look good.”

 

Six was quick to point out the dark circles around Lyza’s eyes, an effect of her constant work. She rarely gave herself time off. These past few days were some of the exceptions she’s allowed herself in a long time.

 

“I’d be inclined to believe you, if I didn’t know those are probably never going to go away.”

 

Lyza chuckled. “At least I make these work.”

 

The shower stopped and immediately their attention was drawn to it. Lyza waited with bated breath as Roxanne finished getting herself clean. She was curious as to how they’d come out. She set aside spare clothes for her, hoping they’d be appropriate for the appearance of a caretaker.

 

When the door opened any worries Lyza might have had left.

 

Roxanne, for lack of a better word, looked remarkable. Her skin was not quite as pale as other betas, even lacking the trademark lines that appeared on their bodies after shrinking. Her white hair was split off into twin locks that crossed over her head and fell over her, rather ample, chest. With a golden headband, it was kept in place, steady, and free of the risk of coming undone.

 

Roxanne’s eyes were her most drawing feature, her shade of crimson being even brighter than most other betas. A red or red-like tinge was to be expected, but their eyes in particular were especially harrowing.

 

Roxanne seemed to be in a state of confusion. She was uncomfortable, it seemed, to be in actual clothing again. A red long-sleeved shirt with a knee-length dark green office skirt and black heels. As professional as Lyza could make someone appear when they we’re off from the streets. Still, she couldn’t deny the results.

 

“Well look at you. You clean up nicely.”

 

Lyza was impressed. She had expected something far messier. Instead, Roxanne surprised her with how she looked.

 

“You don’t think it’s too much do you?” Roxanne wondered. “It has been some time since I’ve worn clothing quite like this. I wonder if it contrasts with my skin and hair. I never could figure out why a change in appearance was a side effect…”

 

“No no, you look good.” Lyza assured. Lynette will certainly believe you’re Six’s provider. That is, if she doesn’t recognize you.”

 

“She won’t. Your sister and I never interacted. I was only placed in this city because of your mother, who also didn’t care to remember me. When she died it made sense that your sister wouldn’t keep tabs on me. Let me die to the danger of the worlds and all that…”

 

Lyza rose from her seat with Six in hand. She took in every detail she could of Roxanne, determining if she was ready.

 

“So what you’re saying is, when I had you in my mouth, you lied about knowing my sister?”

 

A bead of sweat formed on Roxanne’s forehead. Even if she was restored to something comparable to an average height, only a few inches below Lyza’s height of six one, she still found herself fearing for her life.

 

“It’s not like that, I swear. I knew OF your sister. I knew the connections she had.  It stood to reason that you’d be interested in what I had to say. Nothing more.”

 

Lyza examined Roxanne for a few moments more before chuckling. “Relax Roxy, I’m only messing around. Even if it was to save your skin, you did well. And I’m certain you’ll do better in taking care of Six.” As a show of trust Lyza extended her hand forward, offering the beta that sat on it. Roxanne was reluctant to take him into her care. The look on his face showed that he did not approve of this. Still, what choice did they have?

 

Gently she took him, though before she could completely Lyza grabbed Roxanne by her wrist and pulled her in so that she may hear her whisper.

 

“It goes without saying, but if you fuck this up I’m giving you to Maya. Understood?”

 

Roxanne nodded in fear. The appropriate and desired response, as the moment she did Lyza released her.

 

“Wonderful. Now off with you two. You have a bitch to meet with. I’ll order you an uber or something but do please hurry. We wouldn’t want to keep my sister waiting now would we?”

 

Roxanne needed no further push. After making sure she had everything she needed, a purse, some notes in case she was asked a few questions, and most importantly Six, she was off.

 

Lyza waited for the two to leave before calling them a cab. A simple text to a company that was close by was all she needed. When that was settled she turned her attention towards Maya, who already seemed fit to cry.

 

Even if they had nothing to stop it, Maya still hoped that Six wouldn’t go through with all that was happening. And with Roxanne of all people. Someone who she felt was as guilty as her in making his life hell. She couldn’t fathom, couldn’t grasp, why he would go along with her. It was foreign to her mind.

 

She couldn’t even say she was jealous. Far from it. She felt broken. As though her misdeeds were coming to finally face her. Not her murders but her misdeeds to Six. Her supposed one and only. She didn’t want him to go. She wouldn’t let him go.

 

Maya quickly stood up to stop Roxanne and Six before it was too late but was stopped by Lyza, the designer placing a knowing hand on her shoulder. Though she wasn’t privy to Maya’s thoughts she understood their intentions.

 

“Give Six time. If you try and stop him now by force things will only get more difficult. Not just for you and him, but for all of us.”

 

“But he’s mine!” Maya argued. “He’s been mine since college. I’m the one who found him. Who kept him…safe! I gave him so much!”

 

“Yes…but you DID kinda kill him” Lyza reminded. The look Maya gave her, one where she actually felt like she was in danger, was enough to make the designer retract her statement.  “Though I guess you had your reasons?”

 

Maya fell silent, reflecting on just how long she had known Six. All that she’s done to him. All that she’s taken from him. It was all coming back to her now. And she didn’t like it.

 

“No…no real reason. Just…another one of the ways I hurt him…”

 

Maya sulked into the couch, a feeling of defeat washing over. “I’ve known Six for nearly a decade. I knew him before he changed. He was…kind. Funny. He had his demons, but they were overshadowed by his better qualities. And I loved him for it.” Maya still remembers the day she took his life. Even now she still doesn’t know why she did it. “Then I took it all away from him. I gutted him, like some fish. God…I really did ruin his life.”

 

She was shaking. Maya’s breath was quickening. Luckily for her Lyza knew how best to comfort her. Even if this was the most vulnerable the designer had ever seen her lover she knew what to do.

 

“Maya dear, how long have we been dating?”

 

Maya tried to remember. “Over a year?”

 

“Yes, and do you want to know what I’ve learned in that time? About you and Six?”

 

Maya looked on, hopeful that Lyza had some divine solution to the pain she felt.

 

“You two are a package deal. You may not always be together, but eventually, you both find each other. It’s how you found him again, despite having lost him. Even at half an inch, he couldn’t hide from you. Now, whether the next time you two see each other is on good terms is entirely up to you. You can go outside, take Six from Lyza and keep him with you for as long as you’re able…”

 

Maya was already out of her seat ready to follow through with her desire until Lyza gripped her wrist.

 

“Or you can let him go for now. Let him leave on his own terms. Knowing my sister she’ll provide him and Roxanne with a place to stay. He’ll have his tiny house and she’ll keep a close eye on him. You can keep a tab on him through her.”

 

“But…” Maya would much rather look after him herself. “I wouldn’t be able to see him.”

 

“Lyza nodded softly. “No, you wouldn’t.”

 

The psychopath bit her thumb in frustration. Right now she wanted nothing more than to run outside and snatch what she believed to be was hers by right. She’s known him longest. She’s been with him the longest. Knowing that he wouldn’t be at home after a long day was wounding. And it hurt, even more, knowing that’s what he wanted. But his outbursts before hurt too. They cut deeper than any knife she’s ever used. To the point where she didn’t want to go through it again.

 

“How long will I have to wait before I can see him again?”

 

Lyza couldn’t give her a clear answer. The world was silent as Maya waited for her answer. Silent enough that the two could hear the arrival of a car.

 

Lyza was amazed one got here as quickly as it did. Five-star worthy. Didn’t help her situation though.

 

“I can’t be sure…” An operation like this wouldn’t yield results overnight. Six was coming from under her “employ”. Under a different name no less. As small and as vulnerable as he is he’d still need time to gain Lynette’s trust. “A few months at a minimum. A year at most. It’ll take some time, Maya.”

 

There was hesitance in what she wanted to say. Maya already knew she was too late to stop Roxanne from leaving with Six. And odds are it would be some time before she saw him again. The only way she would were this who thing to blow up, but she wouldn’t want to burden Lyza in such away. So she conceded.

 

“Then…I’ll wait. I’ll give him the space he craves.”

 

Lyza relaxed, pulling her lover into a much-needed hug. They sank into her embrace, melting away as they needed the comfort more than anything right now. 

 

“Oh, I know it hurts baby. But just you wait. Time flies faster than you might expect.”

Maya hoped it would. She really did. The prospect of not having her Six nearby, when she knew where was this time, for a whole year was painful to think about.

 

“Now, let’s just hope they manage to convince my sister.” Lyza was certain they would. But knowing her sister, convincing her wouldn’t be as simple a matter as she hoped.

 

 

“Maxy, I was hoping to see you again! I really was!” Lynette was ecstatic it seemed to have Six come through on her offer. Ever since giving him the choice of choosing to work for her she’s waited patiently for his inevitable decision. “I, of course, knew you’d make the smart decision. I took the liberty of preparing a few things for you here and there, I hope you don’t mind.”

 

Upon Lynette Vermont’s desk was the home she had offered Six. A generable dollhouse when compared to her, but it was practically an estate for him. At least two stories tall yet still small enough to fit on her large desk. Made for those of a stature clearly smaller than regular betas. At least those of an inch. Which meant this was beyond huge still even for him.

 

“Now, I know it’s a little large. But we can work around that I’m sure. A little bit of remodeling here, a touch up there, and you can have yourself an actual decent living space! I’m sure your…caretaker could lend a hand…”

 

Roxanne had been silent for much of the conversation. As she had hoped most of the talking was between Six and Lynette. She felt as though were she to breath wrong they’d be found out, and often at times even forgot to altogether. It was the few times she was addressed that she dreaded, hoping that she would be overlooked. Of course, being seen as Six’s caretaker, she expected a question to be asked every so often.

 

“I’m still getting used to the fact that you need someone to look after you, Max. Back when I saw you that certainly didn’t seem the case. Even had my sister look out for you. Why didn’t I see…I’m sorry, what was your name?”

 

A cold sweat ran down Roxanne’s neck. “Susan, ma’am. And I’ve known Max for some time now.”

 

“Right…well, mind explaining why my sister had to do your job for you?”

 

There was venom in Lynette’s voice. A clear sign that she didn’t expect, nor want, Roxanne here. She was only allowed to stay thanks to Six’s insistence.

 

“I…was assured that, under your sister’s employ, Max would be cared for. And as I’m sure you know; he was a rather valuable employee. Enough that your sister was able to see to him personally at times.”

 

 Roxanne felt as though she were in some sort of interrogation. Her one saving grace here was Six, who she hoped would not rat her out as a result of whatever grudge he may hold towards her. Luckily, when Lynette looked his way for any sort of affirmation over what Roxanne said, he assured her that she was telling the truth.

 

He was keeping true to Lyza’s plan. And it seemed to be enough so far to pull the wool over Lynette’s eyes.

 

“Well, whatever your reasons then you’re here now. That means I expect you to keep looking after your charge, along with providing him with what he needs. And seeing as you’re…” Lynette motioned towards Roxanne’s hair and eyes, her status as a beta. “Like him, I’d imagine the two of you don’t have the best of living spaces. I can remedy that for you. A nice little motel room for you and him to stay at, per my request of course. You’ll come to learn that I take care of my employees.”

 

Lynette leaned forward, petting the side of Six’s head with her index finger. “Especially the cute ones.”

 

Inappropriate behavior aside, Roxanne was surprised. This seemed almost too easy. Before she could voice any questions she might have had, Six spoke up.

 

“I’d like to thank you, Lynette, for this opportunity. I hope to live up to your expectations.”

 

“Oh, well aren’t we a sweet little thing?” Lynette cooed. “Trust me, I have a feeling that you will. But for now, I actually need to get back to my work. It never ends for a Vermont you know.”

 

Lynette waited in silence for Roxanne to take Six back, as any caretaker would. It wasn’t until they had to remind her did the formerly shrunk beta finally act. Not only did she have to look after Six, but she had to carry his home. No easy task as it proved rather heavy. Luckily, from having spent years on the streets, she knew how best to endure the weight.

 

“Do you need help with that?” Lynette asked with a smile.

 

Roxanne waved off the possible aid. “No no, I’m fine. I got this.” She wanted to leave as quickly as possible.

 

“At the very least let me call you a cab. I can hardly imagine you driving here.”

 

Roxanne could at the very least take that deal. That way she and Six could head out to wherever it was Lynette had in mind for them to stay. She simply hoped they wouldn’t end up in a ditch somewhere, though judging by how they’ve managed so far she’d say that they were still within the green.

 

At the very least Six made it easy for Roxanne, deciding the best course of action was to allow her to carry the house and not worry about him. To that end, he thought it wise to actually be within the structure, an idea that proved to be very nauseating as at times the giant beta would rock the building back and forth in her effort to keep standing.

 

Even when the two had left Lynette’s office Roxanne’s struggles didn’t end until she finally found herself someplace to sit. A simple seat beside a window that overlooked the whole of Los Demonios. A view Roxanne hadn’t seen before due to her time being shrunk. On any other day, she’d appreciate the sight. Right now though, she found herself exhausted due to her lifting the small mansion. So when she was finally able to set it down on the floor she collapsed.

 

An impact that shook Six down to his core. Clearly, Roxanne still needed time to get used to her new height. A fact made more apparent when her heels came crashing down right in front of the miniature building’s front door, effectively trapping Six inside.

 

He was used to looking up at her, but this was a new sensation. Seeing a beta that was capable of sharing his perspective. Now, she was just another giant who he had to be careful of. Someone else who got the chance to be normal, while he was stuck looking at the soles of gods.

 

Roxanne noticed where the placement of her foot was and quickly pulled it away. The act alone was fast enough that the gust of wind that came from it was yet another indicator that she didn’t know how to properly act around those smaller than her. The crash that came from her planting her foot down once again told him that things weren’t gonna be as easy for her as Lyza had hoped.

 

Roxanne scanned the area, making sure nobody was nearby. Aside from the occasional employee, she was certain she was safe. Resting her hand in front of Six she allowed the beta upon her palm, raising it up with far more speed than needed. He was forced flat against her skin by the sudden acceleration, a state that made Roxanne panic.

 

“Shit! Sorry Six, I’m still getting used to this.” Roxanne extended a finger to help the smaller beta up, only to be caught off guard when he pushed it away.

 

“I’m fine. I’ll manage. There isn’t much you can apologize for anyway.”

 

Roxanne immediately knew what he was referring to. Her hand in ruining him and his life.

 

“Six, I know what I did to you can’t be forgiven. But, for now, anyway, we’re in this together. So at the very least can we try and get along?”

 

Six laughed. “And how do you propose we do that, hmm? Unless there’s some way for you to fix me then I think it’s best we both just stay out of each other’s way. I get a vacation away from Maya and you get to be normal again. How’s that?”

 

Roxanne fell silent until a smile etched across her lips. For a moment it’s like Six forgot who she was. Yes, she was one of the people who put him in this situation after all. And of those people, she considered herself one of the brightest, one of the best.

 

“I mean, if you ask me nicely, I could.”

 

Six looked back at her in confusion. “Could what?”

 

Roxanne’s smile grew wider. “Fix you of course. While I wouldn’t be able to grow you back to your original height, maybe only a few inches, I’d be able to get rid of those bandages of yours.”

 

Six scoffed at the idea. The idea of him even being fixed was one he’d done away with a long time ago. He learned the hard way that as far as betas went he was the only one who couldn’t be fixed. He couldn’t die, he couldn’t be crushed or eaten, or anything else that could happen to one so small. He could only live, in the worst state he could imagine.

 

“I’m telling the truth here,” Roxanne assured. “I won’t sugar coat it and say it’ll be easy. Far from it in fact. But, I did say I was a one in a billion mind, didn’t I? If there’s anyone in the world that could give a sense of life back to you it’d be me.”

 

“And why would I believe you?” Six asked with a rising tone of anger. “When, again, you’re one of the reasons I’m like this.”

 

Roxanne’s smile didn’t fade. In fact, it grew wider as she leaned in closer. Six had to force himself not to look at her lips, old fears bubbling to the surface and whittling away whatever bravado he may have had left. It was astonishingly low right now, thanks to his many outbursts prior. He was still tired and was relieved things were going smoothly. He was almost afraid he pushed Roxanne too far in talking against her now that she was in this state.

 

Thankfully she meant him no ill will. Rather, she only wished to impart some of her knowledge. “Did you know, Six, that you’re not actually invincible? That those bandages on your body actually have weak points? And a limit to how much punishment you can take? Both in case Minerva needed you back in your original state.”

 

Six was taken aback by this. “So, you can actually Fix me?”

 

“It’s like I said, Six. I can’t fix you. Not in the way you hope. But I can at the very least make you seem more human. To the point where you don’t look like a mummy.”

 

The smaller beta didn’t know what to say. It seemed so far off what he expected, and yet so many things did as of late. He was willing to believe this, if only to give himself a faint glimmer of hope that things could finally get better for him now that he was away from Maya. Now, if what Roxanne said was possible, he could actually maybe live a life worth living. He sat down in silence, his mind heavily considering Roxanne’s offer. It seemed too good to be true. It very well could have been actually. And yet, he was willing to give it a chance.

 

As the alternative was continuing in what was pretty much only a brief respite from his previous life.

 

His silence was the only answer Roxanne needed. She wouldn’t force this on him but she felt she already knew what his answer would be.

 

“As hard as it may be for you to believe, Six, I can sympathize with you. I was one of this world’s greatest minds. I could create technology that would blow away the minds of even the most decorated of scientists. That was taken from me, much like how your life was taken from you.” A flicker of life could be seen behind Roxanne’s eyes as the notion of being able to return to doing what she loved to do was a very real possibility. “Six, you and I have been shrunk longer than anyone else. Now, we actually have the luxury of possibilities again. I propose we share the luxury. Not as friends, I haven’t earned that. But as acquaintances for now. After all, we’re stuck with one another now, at least until we can find something worthy of notice here.”

 

Roxanne extended a finger once more, this time as a form of a handshake. “So…deal?”

 

Six didn’t have time to give his response however as, just like Lynette had said, she had called a cab for the two. When their ride had finally arrived, and their new boss had gone through with all she said she’d provide for the two, she pooped her head out from the doors of her office.

 

“You two are free to go you know? Everything’s in order now, so get some rest when you get home alright? Susan, make sure you bring Maxwell in by seven. If you can’t then try for no later than seven-thirty. He’s going to need to learn the ropes.”

 

Roxanne gave a forced, lamenting the fact that she’d have to carry Six’s house down to the building’s first floor. It was a building too tall for such an endeavor, being one of the larger structures in Los Demonios. There was an elevator, which unfortunately was broken. She showed no malice towards Six, however. She actually took great care to set him back on the floor and waited patiently for him to get situated within his home. When she was sure he was safe she cursed under her breath, lifting the miniature building with all the strength she could muster.

 

“Make sure you lift with your legs, Roxy!” Six informed.

 

Though it was a small bit of advice Roxanne was glad all the same that it came from Six. Even more so knowing that he used her name. It showed that regardless of his choice in the future, he appreciated the offer and the attempt. She wondered if the two could even become friends.

 

A thought for another day as right now her main focus was on the beta’s home.

 

“Goodness, they made this thing heavy…” she complained. Were it her who had made it then she was certain she could have improved on many aspects of the design. A project for the future perhaps. A gift for Six, as well as another peace offering.

 

Regardless of what may happen between the two of them she had high hopes for the future. Something she hasn’t had for quite some time.

 

 

“Yes, they just left” Lynette assured through her phone. “I’ll keep a close eye on the beta. Their caretaker’s pretty oblivious, so no real issue from them I’d imagine. Just keep your pretty lil pants on before you pop another blood vessel. You’ve been stressing over finding this particular beta for years, now you actually have time to cut back, relax, and let me handle the dirty work.”

 

The voice on the other end her phone sounded apprehensive before finally coming to terms with Lynette’s suggestion.  

 

“That’s better. Now, as we discussed, just give me a year to watch over him while you get everything settled on your end. When all is said and done you’ll have your dream and I’ll have mine. That sound good?”

 

Once more the voice was in agreement.

 

“Good boy. The world your aunt wanted will be yours by rights. As for me, I’ll finally be able to put my sister in her proper place.” Lynette envisioned her sister Lyza only a few inches tall. Along with her dear lover, Maya. “At the feet of their superiors. Like the insects they are.” The two of them were too small to stop Lynette as she raised her foot over their bodies, bound and broken from the unstoppable force that was their better. Helpless to prevent the crashing extremity from coming down on top of them, snuffing out two thorns in Lynette’s side that she’s had to deal with for far too long.

 

Or maybe she’d keep one of them. As a pet and a reminder. Maybe her own sister actually. Lynette could then make her watch as she snuffed the life out of her lover. Slowly and painfully beneath her heel.

 

Or perhaps she’d keep Maya for herself. Lyza’s better off dead anyway. As cruel as it may seem, as her sister, Lynette would want Lyza’s torment to last longer. For so long she has tried to get away from her mother’s shadow, and my extension Lynette. Oh, how fun it would be to see the look on their face when she realizes there really wasn’t any sort of escape for her. Lyza would always be the black sheep of the family, and like every problem Lynette and her mother had faced, they’d have to weed her out.

 

Lynette would keep Lyza for a few months. Force her to endure torment after torment. Maybe as her personal boot cleaner. Or her little stress ball. So many uses for one who used to be useless.

 

Whatever Lynette chose, she’d enjoy it greatly. It was all long overdue anyway.

 

For the sky was the limit, and nothing it seemed was able to stand in her way. She was done with this shithole of a city. She wanted more. More than the world could possibly provide for her.

 

So, instead, she'd take the world. 

Chapter End Notes:

As always, a review and rating are always appreciated. Thank you for reading up to this point. Part 2 is coming along.