- Text Size +


Chapter 1

“Can I refill your water, Miss?” Morgan took one more glance at the door of the cafe and nodded without looking up. 

“Yes, thank you.” She looked at her watch again and sighed. She thought about how reliable her friend’s unreliability was & shook her head. Her old friend Allison was never on time for their weekly lunches together and it was always for the same reason: her shitty boyfriend had forced her again her to run his own stupid errands for him without any warning and she inexplicably felt she had to do it. Morgan had been best friends with Allison since High School and knew how hard it was for Allison to say no when a boyfriend asks her to do favors for them no matter how inconvenient it is for her. When boys learn they can boss her around so easily they always end up taking advantage of her. Morgan nodded to herself, resolved that her plan to put a stop to that shit once and for all was the right thing to do, even if it made Allison angry at first. Fifteen minutes & and one Bloody Mary later Morgan heard high heels clicking towards her from behind. Before she could turn around Allison whooshed up & plopped briskly down. She exhaled loudly like she was exhausted as she straightened a wrinkle from her sleek designer dress.

“Morgan I’m so, so, so, so, so sorry I’m late.!” Morgan made a line-mouth. “It’s...fine. Is everything ok?”

“Oh yeah, totally!” Allison chirped.  “Everything’s great! Fantastic even! I was only late because my gorgeous, sexy boyfriend called & had me pick up his dry cleaning. I just can’t say no to that wonderful man. But it took longer than I thought, that’s all. Sorry!”

“Oh Allison. What the fuck. He couldn’t do it himself? You don’t think he’s being kind of a dick asking you to do it? You couldn’t just tell him you couldn’t because you had a lunch date?”

“Oh Jesus. Morgan, if you knew him  you’d know how ridiculous that sounds. “

“Well I can’t exactly know him if I never even meet him now, can I?”  I’ve actually been meaning to ask you about that--You’ve been dating this Jim guy for almost a year and you’ve never introduced me. Are you hiding him from me?”

“Hiding him? No no no…….um. …. Look. I know I should’ve talked to you about this before but I knew you’d get mad. The thing is Morgan...please don’t be mad…...it’s actually the other way around.”

“What do you...wait. You don't want him to meet ME?” Morgan wasn’t really upset though. She even seemed a little bit amused. 

“Don’t be mad M, it’s just… I just really really love this one, ok? Jim has got all the things---all my things---the things I want in a boyfriend. Morgan, he's not like ANY of my shitty exes. He’s funny…. and smart and holy crap is he sexy. And yet he worships me!”

Morgan smirked. “Oh and he’s so confident and sure of himself-- It doesn’t hurt that he’s so tall, either. Oh and he’s not unemployed anymore--he has a new tech job and he’s been working really hard. It’s fun having a man who has real drive for a change!” 

“Drive?”

“I mean...I just mean...well yeah that’s what I’d call it. He’s on business trips a lot. Long ones too. In fact he’s on one of them now--He’s in Oklahoma of all places --and he has to stay there for 6 weeks! The poor boy, can you imagine? I mean, I don’t mind being apart for so long because I know how much he loves me and I know I can trust him 100% but he still must get bored, all alone in a bad motel. Look Morgan, I’m being serious--Jim is different. I never want to break up with him--ever. I’m sorry I’ve been keeping you from meeting. I should have you over for dinner sometime, just not yet. Worst case, I promise I’ll invite you to our wedding….when we have it.”

“Um… so…”

“SO, I don’t want you to fuck this up and I’m afraid if you meet him you’ll hate him and find a way to fuck it up. I mean you’ve literally done it before, more than once--remember Michael? “Morgan looked away and took a drag from her cigarette.

Allison wanted a new topic. Her expression suddenly brightened and she said, “Aaaaanyway…. Don’t keep me in suspense Morgan, your text was so cryptic. What’s going on? “

“Well, actually what I need to tell isn’t easy. And believe it or not it concerns this “perfect boyfriend” of yours.”

Allison rolled her eyes. 

“God damn it M, what did I just say? ”

 “Allison I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t be a friend if I didn’t tell you something. There’s just no easy way to say this so I’ll just say it. I accidentally learned that Jim is not attracted to you at all--in fact he never was. The truth is...I know he doesn’t act this way around you but...Al, he actually thinks you are disgusting. He can barely stand to look at you--I heard him say so himself.” Allison chuckled & waved her hand like she was shoeing away a fly. 

“Oh bullshit. What’s the gag Morgan? You’re just fucking with me aren’t you. Know how I know you’re lying? Because I know he’s totally into me!. I mean like I said, there’s more to our relationship than just sex but trust me Jim worships my body. If anything he likes sex too much--I mean, it’s so easy for me to make him...you know. I barely have to touch it and blam! It’s funny actually.” Allison looked up and smiled while she pictured it.

“Allison: Tell me, when’s the last time you two have had sex?” Allison looked up and thought for a minute. 

“Well it’s been a while lately, because like I said he’s been travelling a lot for business. He’s barely had much time at home and he’s usually exhausted between trips. He’s such a trooper though. He thinks it’ll get better in a few months and we’ll be back to humping like bunnies again. 

“Allison, where did Jim ‘go’ on his last trip? Do you know?”

“Some little town in Ohio I think? They never send him to any glamorous place.”

“Sorry Al, Jim didn’t go to bumfuck Ohio, he went to Manhattan.” Allison rolled her eyes again, bigger this time.

 “You sound like you might believe your own nonsense this time. Ok I’ll bite: What made you so wrongly think Jim went to Manhattan, pray tell.”

“Because I  was in Manhattan too and I saw him there. He was at a Sushi restaurant and I’m sorry Allison, but he was on a date with a gorgeous tall woman--looked like a model. This was in SoHo so she probably is. 

“Pfff. Jesus Morgan-- Ok I believe you think you saw him, but you didn’t. Know how I know? Because I know I can trust him. Whoever it was you saw Morgan,  I guarantee it  wasn’t Jim. Anyway how would you even recognize him?--I’ve never even shown you a pic?”  

“Uh, did you forget about all those pictures you texted me when you started dating? Remember how I said he looked like a weasel?” Allison still wasn’t having it. 

“Whatever, you’re still wrong. Wai a minute….you say you ‘accidentally’ were in NY, you ‘accidentally’ ran into Jim at some random sushi place, and he was doting on some model? God damn it Morgan, you are making this all up aren’t you> Oh my god! You’re just trying to sabotage another one of my relationships, aren’t you Morgan? Oh….fuu...Morgan I’m really getting sick of that shit.”

Morgan ignored her, took another bite of her eggs benedict and continued with the bite still in her mouth. 

“There’s more, I’m afraid. Al, I know how important your sex life is and how you think he worships & lusts after you. But I was sitting in the booth right behind them. I overheard their whole conversation and when she asked if he was married, he reassured her that he wasn’t. He said he technically had a girlfriend but in name only. He reassured her it was all a scheme to grift money from you, that he’d done it with other women too. He told her how you turned out to be an even better mark than he thought you’d be--besides all the generous gifts you’ve showered on him, besides providing him a gorgeous house to stay in and fancy cars to drive, he said the best part was how he can order you around--that you’ll do whatever he asks you to”. Allison closed her eyes and shook her head vigorously. 

“It’s true I’m afraid. Then he told her how much he hates you. He had a long list of complaints but the one that jumped out most was when he said you disgusted him sexually--that he has to pretend to enjoy it when he can’t avoid it but that he’s gotten pretty good at avoiding it altogether.”

Allison continued shaking her head as she took a long sip of her mimosa. 

“Please stop Morgan. You’re not funny. Can we just talk about something else now? Did you hear about the David Byrne sculpture in the park? 

“Al, I’m not kidding, and I think I can prove it in a way that’ll even convince a delusional love-sick lady like yourself. All you have to do is invite me over the next time Jim’s home--before his next ‘business trip’ which I’m sure will be coming right up. 

“Well. If I let you try it, do you promise to drop this campaign, and leave us both the fuck alone?” 

“Yep. I do. Witches honor.” Allison rolls her eyes as she takes a bite of her salad. 

“I have to say, sometimes I really wish you hadn’t been born a witch. It would've saved me so much grief over the years. But fine. If you swear you’ll fuck off about this, fine. He’s home tomorrow, actually. Why don’t you come over for dinner and do your little….whatever it is. Just...don’t do anything that will hurt him, ok? I still haven’t quite forgiven you for what you did to John. He was a dick but you took it way too far. And look what happened to his life? Did you know he lost his job? He’s literally a freak at a circus now!” Morgan chuckled so hard she almost did a literal spit-take. She hadn’t heard that but thought it was hilarious. 

“Ok I know I haven’t been a saint sometimes. But Al, did you forget already that I just said ‘Witches honor?’ I really won’t...hurt him. All I want is to show you who he really is, and that’s all I’ll do. Unless you want me to do more. ”

“You are so strange.” With that agreed, Allison was able to finally steer the conversation over to art and the latest gossip about her colleagues at her design studio. 

Morgan turned up at Allison’sand immediately saw that Jim was indeed home when he was the one who answered the doorbell. 

“Hello! Morgan, I presume! Please come in! Allison’s told me a lot about  you. I can’t believe you two have known each other since you were kids.” Morgan just smiled weakly back at him in response. He was tall, muscular and looked like a Ken doll.

“I hope she hasn’t told you everything about me..!” Morgan joked as she walked past him into the living room and Jim followed her. 

“Want a drink, witchiepoo?”  Allison asked as she handed Morgan a black russian, her favorite, while she took her coat.

“Thanks, doll!”

“Jim. Morgan. I’m afraid dinner isn’t quite ready yet. Let's all just relax in the living room for a bit ok? Morgan said she has…. something she wants to show us, Jim. Is that right Morgan? Why don’t you just show us now, whatever it is?”




Morgan looked at Allison with a “You sure?” expression. When Allison nodded back Morgan wasted no time and got right to it. She waved her hand abruptly, drawing a flat circle in the air. Jim’s arms were instantly paralyzed and pinned to his sides. Then she looked at the notes in her hand, mumbled something quietly and then casually lit up a cigarette. 

Jim found out about his new arm problem when he tried to grab his whisky. “What the fuck! I can’t move my arms! WHAT THE FUCK?? What is going on?”

Allison sighs & turns to Morgan. 

“This better not take long, He’s already mad and I’m getting hungry.” Jim was scrambling to process what the hell was happening. 

“WHAT better not take long? What the fuck is going on, Allison?!” he was becoming simultaneously scared & angry. 

“Relax, Jim. It’s a long story, and I’m sorry you’re only hearing about it now. I should've trusted you with it sooner. Now I know you won’t believe this right away, but I want to be honest with you now--The fact is, when I call Morgan ‘witch’ and “witchiepoo” those aren’t just nicknames. She’s literally a witch. Jim looked incredulous.

“Allison if you…”

“Shhh. There’s more. She’s also somehow got the ridiculous idea that you don’t love me or find me sexy anymore.”

Jim’s fear & anger morph into extreme confusion. 

“Oh. This is some kind of prank. I know you both have  some kind of weird ‘witch’ fixation so what’s the gag here? 

Morgan said nothing and took another slow drag on her cigarette. 

Allison walked up to Jim and looked up into his eyes. She stroked his cheek with her thumb and said, 

“I’m sorry about all this baby, I really am. But  if you play along with her tonight, we won’t ever have to put up with any shit like this from her ever again.” Jim was more confused than ever.

“So what are you saying? I don’t get what is going on?” 

“I’d like to know too, Morgan, stop being so vague-- tell us what this is.”

Morgan’s eyes remained closed as she mumbles a few last inaudible words and then they flew open and she suddenly sprang back to life again. 

“Ok!... Guys, here’s the deal.” She noticed they both looked a little worried as they listened. “Honestly you can relax! Jim I promise, I’m not going to hurt you. Ok? Ok. Now. We’re all going to play a kind of….game. Hm, I guess it’s also kind of a bet. A kind of game-bet. “

Allison looked at Morgan like she had lost her mind. Morgan ignored her stare and started explaining the simple rules of her weird magic game-bet. 

“This is going to be...odd, but it’s not complicated, and it’ll go by fast--it’ll all be sorted out before dinner’s ready.” Allison mouthed “sorry” to Jim who was still trying and failing to move his arms. Morgan looked  down at the latin words she’d scribbled down and read them aloud. She keeps her head down for a few more seconds, then looks straight up at Jim and asks, 

“Ok, I think it’s on. Jim do you…. Does anything about your body feel strange?”

“Besides the fact that I can’t move my arms?! I’m also feeling pretty fucking pissed at both of you, but nothing strange about that.”

“Jim, please just relax! She promised not to do anything to hurt you.” Allison took a step toward Morgan and asked, “So….what exactly….I mean what did you…”

“I cast a very slow shrinking spell on him, it’s one I made myself because I hate the ones that shrink somebody constantly. Mine shrinks in little spurts on a timer. Like I can have something or someone shrink a foot every hour, or like a half-inch every day.” Allison and Jim looked at each other. “The spell’s kind of on pause right now, but when I unpause it again, a magic 5 minute timer will start up. Once it does, Jim is going to l start losing one inch from his height every 5 minutes.” Allison looked at Jim and then pointed angrily at Morgan.

“What the fuck Morgan. You’re shrinking him? What’s that going to prove?  How is making him shorter going to do anything but piss both of us off?” Jim’s eyes darted back and forth between them as they argued as he tried to process everything that was happening. 

“You didn’t let me finish…..Ahem….. As I was saying, ...there’s a twist. A twist I think you’ll both like. Once I unpause the spell and start your shrinking-every-five-minutes adventure you yourself have the power to stop the spell-- to stop your shrinking--whenever you want.  See, you two are going to play the world's easiest game: Masturbation! That’s all you have to do, stud. Jerk off and win! When you finish, so will the spell! If it takes less than 5 minutes, you won’t even lose an inch. Allison was honestly caught off guard by how easy this really did sound. Something smelled funny.

“Morgan...what are you leaving out? What’s the catch?”

“No catch! In fact I’m going to help--Jim, I’m afraid your arms are gonna have to stay all statue-y for this but as I said your gorgeous sexy girlfriend is about to give you the blowjob of your life.” Allison shot Morgan a puzzled, mistrusting look.

“So...you’re saying all he has to do is orgasm. And you’re even going to let me give him a blowjob?

“Bowjob, handjob, it’s up to you. All that matters is that you are going to do it for him. Does that sound like a catch to you? Hell if you use your mouth I doubt you even need one minute much less five? Isn’t that what you said? Ok then. Jim, I’m going to do you a solid. I feel like I’ve already been too generous but what the hell. I’ll even spot you one more buff to help get you through it fast. Now, I know how hot you are for Allison, and I imagine you could probably use a little help focusing on the task at hand, what with the threat of shrinking hanging over you and all that. So how about I cast a little gaze spell so you won’t be able to look at anything but your gorgeous girlfriend’s face. That way you can’t get distracted from anything that’s not super sexy. See Al? I told you I can be generous when I want to...” Morgan snapped her fingers which made Jim try to turn to her but was shocked to find she wasn’t kidding about that. His neck felt like his arms now. Whenever he tried to turn away from Allison, he found himself staring even more deeply into her face, which he really did find gross. The truth was Allison was quite cute, there was just something about her mouth and nose that turned Jim off....Morgan was right, on paper this was the easiest game in the world. But Between his increasingly paralized body and being forced to stare at the woman he despises, he wasn’t so sure it’d be the instant slam-dunk it would normally be.  But Allison, though she was annoyed by her friend’s game-bet thing, she was still absolutely 100% confident. So much so, a question occurred to her

“Ok, so if it’s as easy as you say, how is this even a bet then? How could you win?”

“How could I win? I want you to decide that too. What would you say is the absolute longest this will take? How many minutes before you admit something is wrong...that you must have been wrong about how he feels about you? 10 minutes? 15”

“15?? There’s no way it’ll take that long.”

“Ok then. I win if we get to 15 minutes and his dick is still dry.” Morgan takes a step back and addresses them both. “Ok everybody clear on this? 

“Crystal. I give Jim the world's fastest blowjob, he stays at his full height, I punch you in the nose and then we all have a quiet dinner together --steak for us, crow for you.”

“Ok enough talking then. Ready, Al? Ready Jim?” Allison could tell Jim was looking properly worried & she gave him an apologetic look. Morgan forced Jim’s legs to stand him up. He looked like a marine private standing so rigid with his arms stiff and straight beside him. As Allison sighed and started undoing Jim’s belt, he decided maybe a little pre-emptive damage control was in order. He whispered to her “You know, I’m pretty tired Allison, I might be a little slower than usual. Don’t worry if it takes me longer it’s just cause I’m tired--not you babe. ”  Allison was kneeling with her face at his crotch looking up at him while she freed his penis. 

“Oh babe, don’t worry--and hey I mean….what’s the worst possible case? So you get an inch or two shorter for a little bit. It’s the weekend, who cares?” She turns & glares at Morgan. 

“It won’t be permanent. Right Morgan??”

“No! Of course not!” she replies, feigning shock. But then she smirks & says “Unless…. That is, unless I’m right of course. After all, you won’t care if it’s permanent if I’m right...right? So yeah, I forgot to mention that bit. Whatever height he ends up in, if it takes longer than 15 minutes, that’s the height he’ll be for the rest of his life. Oh and just because 15 minutes is the end of your chance to win doesn’t mean it’s the end of Jim’s shrinking--the spell’s almost open ended. Even after the 15 minute point of no return he’ll still need you to finish him off. So if it gets that far, it’ll really be up to you how permanently short he ends up.”

Jim gulped loudly and Morgan giggled.