- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is a work that I'm in the process of making a Twine based text adventure out of. I'll be putting in this what could be one route taken in the game after I figure out how to code it properly.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This will mainly be lore and an introduction to some characters before the real juicy shit starts.

Richard stretched his sore muscles gingerly as he rolled out of his bed. The last few days had been hard on him as his sister had been training him to finally be able to go back to school. He had had the unfortunate predicament placed upon him of catching the horrid shrinking virus that had been decimating the population. He caught it three years ago during his freshmen year and had barely made it home at the time. His parents, stricken with worry about their now one inch tall son, had taken him out of his school and given him the sequestered education they deemed appropriate for him. Richard hadn't taken too kindly to the years under sharp guidance from his parents and wanted a break, a return to what was a bit of normalcy. He had only just managed to convince his parents of the idea of letting him go back since his previous high school had opened a new coeducational program for victims of the virus to maintain a healthy level of socialization amongst people their own age. A promise of safety and something other than the walls of his house had been too tempting an offer for Richard to miss.

He walked lazily through the halls of the dollhouse he had called home for some time now and stepped out its front door to see his sister, Heather getting ready for their first day. He propped up against a column of plastic on his front porch, yawning into a clenched fist as the droll of sleepiness still gnawed at his mind and body. Heather was just managing to get her bra cinched and adjusted comfortably when she looked on top of her dresser.

"Morning Bro, getting some sightseeing in before your big day?" She asked with a large grin as she leaned into the dresser, putting her head even with Richard.

"No more than usual," the words languidly fell out of his mouth as he stifled another yawn, "figured I'd be more pumped, but I'm still sore from yesterday."

"You were the one that said 'Oh, please dear sister, I don't want to end my life squished beneath some vixen's sole... Please help me be ready for what I have set mine eyes upon!'" Heather's grin hit comical levels as she clapped her hands in a mock prayer of what Richard had asked.

"Very funny, Heather," he tried to force out in his most deadpan voice against his little sister's antics, "you gonna get finished getting dressed, or do you plan on going to school with your ass shining for everyone to see?"

"Oh, hush you," Heather mumbled out as she grabbed the rest of her garb and set into getting dressed. After donning her pants and shirt she reached out onto the dresser for Richard to hop on, "Breakfast time, Bro," she chimed happily as Richard clambered into her hand. The shaky ride downstairs was overshadowed by the smell of bacon and syrup beginning to waft through the air

"Good morning, my little sun shines," their mother, Layla, beamed happiness as her two children came into the kitchen, "Heather, your plate is on the table, and I figured Rick could get his nibbles in on yours' as well. The two looked over at the pile of bacon and pancakes their mother had produced for them as drool edged out both their mouths.

As the two were finishing up their breakfast, their mom was dead set on giving her last minute pointers to her son. Watch out around you, pay attention to your surroundings, don't take any wooden nickels, etcetera, the normal mom routine but harsher due to his stature.

"Mom, I'll be fine. I'm in the same class I went for many other years. I'll know the majority of them and will just be reuniting with some old classmates. There's nothing for you to worry about," he said with a slight bit of doubt. He hadn't seen any of his classmates in two years and wasn't sure how they would react to his new size. There was only one way to find that out.

The two children bid their mother farewell and began the walk to their first day back in high school.

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think and some possible things that could possibly happen further down the line.