- Text Size +

           New Jersey was the newest of several shipgirls to join the Azur Lane in their ever-ongoing fight against the Sirens. Unlike the rest of the new batch of shipgirls, something had gone awry in her wisdom cube's manifestation of her body, for she stood several tens of meters tall and was devoid of the ship rigging typical of other shipgirls. Being somewhere in the region of 50 to 60 meters tall, her creation inadvertently destroyed the building she initially stood in and prompted a several days long scramble, both to repair the damage she had caused to the port of Azur Lane and to build a pen sufficiently large enough to shelter her. Even her clothes seemed to have not formed properly, for all she wore was half of a white dress that started below her chest and ended just barely past her ass. Under that, a black body stocking made of thick nylon that covered her legs, belly, chest and hooked around her neck. Arm length white gloves, a headpiece that looked suspiciously like that of bunny ears, a pair of metallic silver high heels adorning her feet and a range of small accessories that might have been connection points for her rigging had it formed with her. Despite her highly unusual entrance, New Jersey was a friendly and playful shipgirl, eager to make a good impression on the Commander if her immense body had not already.

 

A couple days after her pen had been completed and she had been settled in, New Jersey received her first tasking. She, along with several of the young Fletcher sisters in escort, would intercept a small Siren fleet that had been sighted off the coasts of the Solomon Islands, marauding shipping in the area. She and the Fletchers took to the seas for a few days to hunt this Siren fleet down. On eventually spotting the fleet, New Jersey took off at immense speed to intercept, leaving the Fletchers in her wake. At her size, she closed the gap in no time at all, the Siren fleet still slowly bringing their guns to bear on the titanic shipgirl. Jersey identified four of a small but similar class of Siren ship and two of a larger class as she playfully skimmed circles around them, no doubt to the frustrations of the Siren fleet would they have had the intelligence to do anything but forever trail their guns behind her. After a minute or two of play, however, she noticed something else in the battlegroup. A type of lesser Siren, riding atop a rig shaped like a nautilus. Jersey darts in between the pair of cruisers flanking the Siren and bends down to simply pluck them from their rig, much to the Siren's horror.

 

The nautilus rig smoothly comes to a halt in the water and powers down, the menacing yellow glow from its carapace fading whilst its multitude of tendril-like guns nestled into its hull. A moment later, the rig is sent to the depths as the titanic New Jersey matter-of-factly crushes it beneath one of her glistening, silver heels, so small as to be covered completely by the sole of her shoe as she brings her foot down and compresses it against the water below, with the rig slipping away from her shoe and sinking into the deep blue sea almost immediately after. Having never seen one before, the tiny Siren now in the palm of Jersey's hand is curiously poked and prodded, gently flicked and turned over for a minute or so before being interrupted and reminded that she stood in the middle of a Siren fleet after one of the two cruisers had finally brought its guns to bear and fired, to little effect. Carefully closing her hand on the Siren, Jersey offers her response to the cruiser by moving to stand just in front of it and to its port side, lifting her left foot as the ship begins to sail under her and lowers her foot down. The heel of her shoe, backed by the unfathomable weight of the shipgirl above, readily pierces the deck of the cruiser in front of its foremost turret, its own momentum driving the ship forward to partly crush the turret against Jersey's heel. She rocks her foot back, angling the heel of her shoe deeper into the decks of the cruiser and through the turret barbette. As she lifts her foot again, her shoe tears the turret from its fittings and casts it overboard, all amidst the tormented screech of metal grinding on metal.

 

Returning her heel to the gaping hole to open air made by the missing turret, Jersey finished the job on the cruiser by simply kicking. The multitude of decks her heel ploughed through offered almost no resistance as she gouged a path through the ship in an instant, to exit amidships on the starboard side with a gash that reached from the top deck almost to the belly of the cruiser. She left the stricken ship to its fate as it began to capsize, stepping over to the other cruiser that had not yet caused her any offence. Alongside it, again on the cruiser's port side, she faced its direction of travel this time and lifted her right foot to plant the sole of her shoe atop the angled superstructure then began to slowly press down. It was a satisfying collection of sounds all the way down, coupled with momentary pockets of resistance as things buckled underneath her. The mischievous shipgirl giggled as an explosion from under her foot sprayed seawater over her feet and legs, with cool seawater flashing as she drowned the ship's boilers. The four Siren destroyers received much less care and attention, their hulls so slender that Jersey simply came alongside each one and ended it with a light step upon its bridge and a sharp twist to sever the bow from the rest of the hull. Turning her attention back on the lesser Siren in her hand, she asks playfully asks them what she should do with them. The Siren doesn't answer, instead only glowering back at New Jersey. Jersey thinks aloud with a "hmm" and coos as an idea sparks in her mind. She gently pinches the Siren's ankles between finger and thumb with her other hand, raises them into the air and tilts her head back as she opens her mouth. Whatever fate the Siren had accepted, this was clearly not it as she briefly flails in panic before being released, landing with a wet splat on Jersey's tongue and sliding to the back of her throat, to be sent down with a soft 'glck' from Jersey and a satisfied sigh.

 

Jersey returns to the Fletcher sisters, explaining that she has completed the mission herself though she glosses over her unorthodox fashion in dealing with the Siren flotilla leader, returning to port with the Fletchers somewhat disappointed at having missed out. On the way back, Jersey's body churned away that of the lesser Siren's to no noticeable effect, but her wisdom cube partly incorporated the Siren's own before it was destroyed. In doing so, it sparked a subtle change in Jersey's rather newly formed core. With the report of success to the Commander, Jersey soon found herself venturing solo to deal with Siren fleets, the capability afforded by her prestigious size more than enough to handle such fleets. What started as simply an experimental and novel way to deal with Sirens themselves became her addicting and preferred method of dispatching them. Once or twice, she dealt with them in the cold manner in which she had dealt with her first Siren's ship rigging but it never felt particularly gratifying. Even toying with them before crushing them never offered much satisfaction as the simpler intelligence of the lesser Sirens just didn't have any appropriate recourse against her. With each she swallowed up, the deeper the Siren influence ran inside her, spurring her to eagerly devour more of them. By the fourth or fifth Siren, she was picking them up and making a game of expertly using her tongue and a little suction to part them from their rigging if she wasn't simply placing them wholesale in her mouth to fold and compact their rigging and gulp them down in their entirety. By the eleventh or twelfth, the Siren corruption was causing her eyes to dimly glow in the night and along with that, she found her mouthwatering when she saw or talked to the other shipgirls back at port. Jersey soon requested she be left alone come the evening, with the maintenance workers of her pen clearing out before dark to avoid looking upon them in the same way.