- Text Size +

All of Leah's memories were completely gone. She had no recollection of who she was (aside from her name), where she came from, or even where the hell she currently was. 

Everything was dark. It was impossible for her to make out a single thing around her. What she could tell by feeling her way around, was that she was trapped in some kind of glass room or something. 

Honestly, Leah knew she should be completely freaking out. However, with her lack of memories, she had no way of knowing whether or not this kind of situation was cause for alarm. 

Meanwhile, Eric was just getting home from work. He took a glance at his watch to see that it was only 3:49, meaning it wasn't quite time for dinner yet. He frowned. Having taken an early lunch at 11 am, he was beginning to feel quite peckish. "I guess I'll have a snack," he muttered to himself as he hung up his jacket and kicked off his shoes. 

Leah's eyebrows shot up as she took note of the strange loud noises she was hearing, but couldn't see the cause of. She became even more perplexed when she heard a voice, a man's voice. 

Then there came a loud thudding sound that increased in volume as it seemed to get nearer and nearer. Leah stood frozen in place as suddenly a blast of light struck her. She was temporarily blinded by the unexpected brightness, and was forced to blink away the spots in her vision. 

Before he had opened up the pantry door, Eric had been wondering if he even had any suitable snacks. He hadn't been grocery shopping in a while, so it was possible his stores were totally depleted in the snack department. 

Eric let out a low sigh as he sifted through the various boxes, bags, and cans contained on the shelves of the pantry. He had just nudged a box of rice to the side when he caught sight of something he'd forgotten he still had. 

A pleased smile spread across his face as he looked at the minature woman confined within a small jar. He instantly knew exactly what he'd be having for his snack. 

When Leah's vision finally cleared up, the first sight she was greeted with was one she couldn't believe. A giant hand was effortlessly shoving a massive box to the side, and the giant hand belonged to...Leah gulped. 

She might not have had any memories, but Leah was pretty sure gigantic people were not the norm! The giant appeared to be a young man, and a fairly handsome one at that. He had warm beige skin, a head of curly brown hair, and a set of hazel eyes that were focused directly on Leah. 

Before Leah could even consider what she should do, the giant's hand was reaching towards her. She flinched, stumbling backwards till her back collided with glass. She could only watch as fingers longer than her entire body wrapped around the container she was stuck in. 

Eric gave a small chuckle at the tiny person floundering around in the jar before he picked it up and took it out of the pantry. Without sparing the jar, or the person inside it, a second look, he carried it at his side as he made his way over to the sofa in the living room. 

With a sigh of relief, Eric plopped down onto the comfortable piece of furniture. He kept the jar held in front of his body while he reached to the other side of the couch for the remote. 

Once he was situated with an episode of his favorite show playing on Netflix, Eric unscrewed the lid of the jar without looking down. 

Leah could not believe what she was seeing. This giant man wasn't the only giant thing, he lived in a whole massive house! Leah had to wonder whether the rest of the world was like this. Maybe she had been shrunk? Or transported to a world of giants? She could only guess. 

This giant man, whoever he was, didn't seem the least bit phased by the situation. In fact, he seemed to be treating the whole thing like it was the most normal thing in the world. The guy had hardly even acknowledged Leah's existence. He was just going about his day like she wasn't even there.

As soon as thing blocking the opening of her prison was removed, Leah had been expecting the giant to set her free. Instead, the man continued watching television while he held the container she was housed in on his lap. 

"Um, hey?" Leah tried. Judging by what she'd overheard from the giant earlier, the two of them seemed to speak the same language thankfully. 

She stared up through the opening of the jar, met with only the underside of the man's cleanshaven jaw. He gave no response. Maybe he hadn't heard her over the volume of the TV? 

"Hey!" Leah tried again, a bit louder this time. 

When Eric heard the little woman speak, a frown formed on his face. He perferred his snacks to stay quiet, especially when he was trying to watch something. Rather than give the tiny thing the attention it wanted, Eric lightly jostled the jar and issued a hush, without looking away from the TV.

The reaction Leah got from the giant had not been what she had expected at all. The sudden movement of her prison had sent her stumbling to keep her balance, and the man's dismissive quieting sound had been more than a little demeaning. 

Leah wanted to try to talk to the giant again, but as she stared up at his towering form, she was reminded of the potential consequences pissing him off could have. "Maybe if I wait until his show is done?" she wondered to herself uncertainly. 

When a minute passed with no further distractions from the woman, Eric was satisfied that his message had gotten across. He relaxed even further into the couch and kicked up his feet onto the coffee table. 

A little while passed, and Leah was reluctantly waiting for the giant's show to finish so she could try talking to him again. She stood at the back of the glass container, her arms folded over her chest as she leaned against the wall. She had taken to watching the TV. It seemed to be displaying some sort of comedic doctor show. She didn't find it all that funny, but it was interesting to learn more about the world even through a ficticious television program. 

So distracted Leah had become, that she didn't even notice the enormous hand hovering over her until it had dropped down and taken a hold of her. Two huge digits pinched her at her sides. She struggled against the grip but gained absolutely zero headway before the hand was lifting up and carrying her with it. 

Eric didn't bother to look away from the TV as he fished for the tiny person in the jar. When she began squirming he just tightened his hold on her. Once she was out of the jar, he discared the thing on a nearby side table. 

With his right hand now free, Eric dropped the woman into it. He spared her a quick glance to see what position she was in before clamping his thumb over her middle so she couldn't move around too much. 

Leah let out a grunt as she was uncerimoniously dumped into the palm of one of the giant's hands. She only had the chance to flop over onto her back before she was pinned down by a massive thumb. It pressed into her like a seatbelt almost, effectively keeping her restrained. 

She had had enough of this manhandling. Whether the show was finished or not, Leah was going to speak up. "What are you doin--" Before she could finish her sentence, the giant's other hand was coming at her. 

While his mom had always told him not to play with his food, Eric had a hard time containing himself when it came to the little people. They were just so fun to mess with, and the way they squeaked and squealed just made him all the more excited to eat them. 

The tiny woman currently in his hands was being especially fun. Her desperate squirms and indignant sputtering were endlessly amusing. It was almost enough to make him look away from his show, but not quite. Instead, Eric rolled the woman around and poked at her absentmindedly while he kept his attention on the TV. 

Leah could not believe what she was being subjected to. This man was fiddling with her and playing around with her like she was some kind of toy! She didn't need to have her memories to know this shit was not normal

And every attempt Leah made at shouting out to the giant was swiftly muffled into the skin of one of the giant's fingers or his palm. There was absolutely nothing she could do but endure the degrading treatment. 

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, but was probably no more than a few minutes, the giant's fiddling finally came to a stop. Leah lay flat on the man's palm, feeling completely exhausted from the less than gentle handling she'd just been subjected to. 

Of course, she didn't even get the chance to catch her breath before she was being plucked up once again.

Chapter End Notes:

The good stuff will pick up in the next chapter.