- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Since I can actually remember the year that this takes place in I don't have to rely less on internet searches to make sure I don't have any anachronisms.
Wednesday, September 16th, 2009

I slowly wake up, barely remembering last night, the light from near the living room shines into the house, I think the last words I said were, "This, this can't be good" before I passed out after seemingly shrinking. I start to notice my surroundings, I passed out last night right near the end of the couch, I look up and everything's ginormous to me, my lamp seeming as high as a highway light pole, I look in front of me and see my TV stand, my own TV seeming more like a drive in movie-theater screen to me, and the Playstation and the cable box looking more like the size of a smallish building to me, compared to just the simple item I'm used to. I'm more confused than scared on how I shrunk, at this size. It's honestly weirding me out more how I'm like, only a couple of inches tall in my own home.

I walk closer up the couch, and I'm completely stopped in my own tracks.

I see Molly, she's seemingly still laying down sleeping on my couch after passing out last night, though I think she did wake up shortly afterwards, but probably wasn't thinking about this current situation we're in for whatever reason, since after all, no-one passes out that long anyways, at least only in movies and shit like that. She's still in her red dress, showing off her curves pretty well, her chest seeming slowly moving up and down, from her breathing, her facial expression seemingly relaxed, her blonde hair laying down on the arm of the couch, I walk out a little bit more, she snores a little bit, but not that loud that it's taking away from my train of thought. Her hands seemingly resting on her stomach. I mean we both were pretty full from last night so I guess it must of been a pretty good sleep aid, neither of us bringing back leftovers.

I actually take a look at the time and it shocks me to my core when I take a look at my cable box, it's 9:35am.

"Ah FUCK, guess I'll have to call in sick" I say out loud to myself, Molly still sleeping, I hear a slight mumble out of her mouth, she apparently drools when she sleeps, I notice a small stream of water droplets forming near the right side of of her mouth, her teeth seemingly a little stained from last night, not as white as I remember them being from when I picked her up yesterday evening. Her lips still as red from yesterday though, the lipstick making it the color pop out at me.


I look back at the cable box and pull my phone out my pocket, sliding the phone up and pulling out the number keyboard, I got this phone about a year ago this month actually. I think about who to call, either my boss, or Danny who'll probably cover for me, I just start dialing Danny after I put down my area code.

He takes about about thirty seconds to pick up, for a brief second I'm surprised my phone works at this size, apparently being shrunk down also with me along with my clothes.

"Dude, WHAT?" He says, he sounds super groggy in his voice, as if I just woken him up from a deep slumber, and I probably did since he had only a couple of more hours to sleep before I he had to get ready for work.

"I'm sick today, I think I'll be sick for uh, maybe a week or so, if anyone asks just tell them I'm going to take off for a bit, I should have enough PTO for it" I say.

"I'm not you dude, and I can't just magically go up and tell Steve that you're off either, but I'll try. I think he mentioned something about you barely taking any off days besides the weekends he gives to you, so you'll have a good chance if you ask him yourself. What are you sick with anyways?" He says, sounding like he's getting out of bed judging by the ruffling of the sheets in the background.

"Strep Throat" I say, lying on the spot.

"Reallly huh. Whatever dude, see you whenever you come into work" he says, hanging up afterwards.

I dial Steve's number, he's our boss. The guy barely shows up though to work, seemingly a regional manager for the banks around here, he visits on Thursdays and Sundays, and every other Monday. I notice Molly in the background is shifting around, showing signs that she's starting to wake up, her snoring seemingly dying done.

"Hello, this is Steven. I'm not available to the phone at this time, please leave a message after the tone" and as soon as I hear the last word of that message I just hang-up.

"What the hell?" Molly says behind me, seemingly fully awake now. I look behind me and I see her pretty shocked face, her eyes seeming concentrating on me, a little bit of her southern accent comes out when she says this. Her irises are brown, I actually noticed, looking pretty much black whenever when I was at full size.

"Trust me, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS HAPPENED EITHER" I say, making my voice louder for she can hear me better, she towers over me completely at this size, it's kinda sexy to me a little bit.

"Do you need to go to the doctor or anything" She says as she stands up, I walk back a little bit, under the living room table I have, giving her space.

"Fuck no, I'm not trying to get tested on. I might be another Jack Cooper if I get found out but I really rather not go through all that pain like he did, plus, I like my life private anyways" I say.

"Well, what do you wanna do then, I'm mostly confused how this happened, you just randomly shrunk out of nowhere, did you take the same Irish pill he took" she says, smoothing out the wrinkles in her dress with her hands, I look up back at her as she talked.

"I have no fucking clue either, but it's bound to wear off eventually" I say, with some hope in my voice. I notice Molly starts to wonder off towards the kitchen, the click clack of her high heels echoing through the living room.

"Are you off today? Didn't you say you worked as a massage therapist last night?" I say, walking and noticing how she's opening the fridge and looking through it, if she was hungry I was hoping she would ask before just looking through it.

"Yep, I have a pretty flexible schedule. I rotate days a lot, I don't really have set days off" she says, she closes the refrigerator door.

I walk out from the living room to the kitchen, looking back up at Molly, this blonde haired girl in a red dress and black high heels, she's got a nice ass, and the dress shows it off pretty well, a somewhat above average face, and a somewhat average pair of tits, judging by the bra. This is only the second girl I've ever dated, never really dating through all my high school years due to personal reasons, focusing on grades and shit like that, and the first I've dated in Buffalo, taking a break from relationships for a year, my ex-girlfriend and I breaking up about two months before I left for Buffalo. I'm doing pretty well for myself, I guess.


"Admiring what you see" she says, giving me a sly smiling while looking down at me.

"Heh, I guess so. Do you wanna head back home or whatever, change into whatever makes you comfortable" I say, walking back a bit.

"Yeah, I'll do that at some point" She says, my ringtone soon goes off, just a generic sounding ringtone, nothing really custom or whatever, just a phone automated ringtone that has trumpets or whatever in it.

"Hello" I say.

"Yeah, so Brandon. Why'd you call me earlier" Steve says, his voice is pretty husky, he's a pretty muscular black guy about twenty years my senior, you'd think he'd be bodybuilding for a living, but it's really just a hobby, guy's pretty smart too, majored in Finance, Valedictorian of the class of 1995 at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as he practically always mentions to everyone he meets when working with them for the first time

"Oh, yeah, sir. I'm requesting sometime off from today to uh, let's say about the next two weeks. I know it comes off on such short notice, but strep throat is kicking my ass so I'd thought I'd just tell you. I haven't really took a vacation since the day I joined last year, so uh, yeah" I say, sounding kinda immature I've noticed at that last bit.

"Y'know what, fine. I'll swing by there today and go through the system today and give you your PTO. Do this shit again though, and your ass is mine, got me?" He says, sounding quite stern.

"Yes sir" I say.

"Okay, your ass better be back at work by the thirtieth. Get well soon" He says, before hanging up the phone.

"That sounded rough" Molly says, as she opens up my fridge again and opens up a box of Toaster Strudels, the cream cheese and strawberry kind I bought the other day, seemingly, grabbing my red toaster along with it, plugging it up on the counter.

"He's not that bad, trust me, I've worked with the guy before in person, he's comes off as a tough guy but he's really a softie in person, it's all just a act. And why are you just raiding my fridge, if you're hungry, you can just ask" I say, giggling a little bit at this, she laugh at this too as she opens the packet and tunes the toaster and places the confection in the toaster, pushing down the lever.

"Yeah it's a bad habit that I gotta learn to stop doing, I used to do it all the time when I was with Matt and I was visiting his dorm at UCLA, he wasn't too bothered but it" She says, mentioning Matt again, I was annoyed at first about this Matt guy, but I'm slowly starting to get generally interested in his back story.

It's quiet between us for a bit, Molly walks over and turns the TV on, it now being around 9:55 in the morning, as the pastry cooks in the toaster she flicks channels, most of the local channels like ABC or NBC airing something like Live! With Regis and Kelly or some kinda after the Today Show or Good Morning America talk show, once you got towards the cable channels things started to get interesting, stuff I'd sometimes watch, like 1000 Ways to Die on Spike TV or a re-run of Tamed and Uncut on Animal Planet. She stops it on The Travel Channel, playing some show about some guy who goes around the country trying to beat food challenges.

The toaster dings and the strudel pops up, Molly gets off the couch and walks back to the kitchen, where I'm still standing.

"You hungry?" She says, looking down at me as she walks by.

"Nah, I'm still full from last night" I say.

Molly stops and bends down and picks me, her hands feel so cold honestly, I can feel the air rushing as she brings me up from the floor, and onto my own kitchen counter, I get a way better view of my own apartment from here, seeing the show cutting to a commercial break, the first commercial for HP laptops, showing some guys in a factory singing Lollypop in some doo-wop 50's type way, imitating the real song I guess while making the laptops. I stop paying attention to what's on the TV after this.

I watch Molly as she gets a plate out of one of my cupboards, slowly placing the toaster strudel on the plate and opening up the package with the creme in it, spreading it on there by squeezing it all over. She makes a remark on how it burned her hand taking it out that way.

For the next hour or so is pretty boring, she just she writes her number down for me to put in my phone contacts. She gets called to work by her boss around 12pm or so, saying that it's a little bit more busier than usually it. As soon as she finishes the toaster strudel, washing it down with some milk from the fridge.

"Well, did your keys also shrink down with you, I'm not walking back to my apartment to get dressed y'know, it's already a literal pain enough walking around the apartment in these high heels" She asks me.

"Are you really going to take my SUV to get back to your place?" I say, realizing my keys have also shrunk down with me, I try to hide my expression of nervousness realizing that, I look back up at Molly's face, she's kinda hot when she seems a little bit upset, I'll admit.

"I mean, YEAH, I'm not walking like twenty minutes back to my place, in a red dress like this, I don't want perverts staring at me" She says, looking down on me, I'm still standing on the counter after all this time.

"Uh, well, you're going to have to figure something out" I say, pulling my car keys out my pocket.

"Are you serious? You don't have a spare key or anything like that at all?" She says, I can smell the milk on her breath from earlier, a couple of crumbs the size of small rocks too I notice around the sides of her mouth to me.

"Uhhh, wait. Check my room, there should be a key for the car, in my nightstand drawer near my bed" I say, and as soon as she says that she rushes off to room, I hear the click clack of the high heels, the door opening with a wooden creek, and the sound of my night stand opening, sounding pretty frantic when opening it with out fast it came out. I hear a jingling sound and a faster click clack, sounding like she's border-line running.

"Yeah I remember Howard bought my two keys just incase I lost them or whatever, I guess it really did come in handy this time" I say, referencing my stepdad to her.

"Yeah, that's a really great thing he did that. I'll probably be back by six to check up on you when I get off work this evening, love you" She says, as she unlocks my apartment door, taking down the locks and and whatever, and opening the door, closing it but not locking it. Probably for she could get back inside at 6pm tonight. I don't really care anyways since security does pretty well at this complex, plus, who robs an Apartment?

After she leaves I basically try to make my way down to the living room just to park on the couch for the next hours until she comes back, and sleep. I just use the knobs of the dresser drawers as something the climb back down onto the floor.

It's not really a long walk to the Living Room from the kitchen, one thing I guess I'll have to get used to by being shrunk, even though I'm still wondering how, maybe it was something I ate or someone I came in contact with. There's some type of swine flu virus going on worldwide from what I've heard on the news this past year, maybe this is a side affect and I've had it without even knowing it?

I basically fall asleep after climbing up the, for the next couple of hours, waking up around five our so, not really paying attention to whatever's on TV, still on the Travel Channel.

I walk over to the remote, it's about as long as a sofa would be at my size, I press on the channel button with my hand, stopping on the Home and Shopping Network, I press it again, as hard as I can, it lands on AMC, seemingly playing a re-run of some newer show called Mad Men, it looks interesting so I watch a little bit of it, some sixties set show about a advertising agent or whatever, before I can really understand what the plot of the episode was about I fall asleep again.


"Wake up, Brendon" I hear Molly say, I open my eyes. Her hair's in a messy bun, she's wearing red scrubs with her name sewed on the left of her chest it in black cursive, she smells like hand sanitizer.

"Oh, oh you" I say, waking up, she's smiling at me.

"So uh, you want me to just stay over your apartment with you until go back to normal or what? It's your call" She says.

"I mean, yeah, if you want to" I say, standing up and smiling, I notice the TV seemingly turned off, either it turned off by it's self, or Molly did it.


Molly's phone rings, it being the background music to "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake. she takes it out of her pocket, apparently she has a Nokia, she slides the pad up and answers it.

"Hey, what's up" She says.

"It's been awhile so I thought I'd see you're doing" I hear a male voice say, I think I might be Jon, the guy on the phone sounds like he's in somewhere in his twenties, around our age. He sounds somewhat whiney.

"Oh, Jon, how are you?" Molly says, sounding a little happier now.

"Pretty good pretty good. Just thought I'd call, Matthew called me and said he's visiting Charlotte again next week with Nicole, do you wanna swing by maybe? I'll buy you a ticket, if you want. I'll be like as if we all got back together again, minus Richie, since he's still deployed in Germany, I read something on" he says.

"No, I have work. And plus, we really aren't on speaking terms anymore, Me and Matt, I'd thought you'd understand, Jon" She says, sounding annoyed about this.

"Alright, my bad, I'm sorry. Thought you'd be interested. See whenever you come back to town, I guess. It honestly sucks that no-one really lives here anymore, it's like, honestly just me and probably four other people from school, and even a lot of my skater friends from back in the day seemingly either left and went out to the west coast to try to make a career out of it, or just quit skating and stuff like that" He says, sounding disappointed, I can hear the beeping of a microwave in the background of wherever he is.

Molly sighs. "Look Jon, you gotta grow up. I'm not too sure why you said back in the day either, like it's been twenty years or something, it's only been like, five since we've all hung out together. I guess you're done with that whole Emo thing you were invested in and now you've ran out of whatever huge rock fad of the year seems to be and don't know what to do with yourself. We've all moved on since after graduating high school, it's about time you should too" she says, sounding like some seriousness going on in her voice, as if they've had this conversation before.


"Fine, whatever. Give me a call whenever you're headed down this way" he says.

It's kinda awkward between me and Molly, since that whole conversation was on speaker phone.

"Yeah, Jon's kind of in a spell where he doesn't know what to do with his life, he still lives with his parents and has a full-time job working at UPS as a Delivery Driver. A late bloomer mature wise" She says, sitting down on the couch, the wind from her sitting down knocks me back a bit, she doesn't seem to notice though.

"Uh, sucks for him I guess" I say, being unsure which choice of words I should use in this situation.

It's kinda quiet for me and her after this for the rest of the night, after me witnessing that awkward conversation. I watch some black and white movies, local TV stuff. Nothing that really caught my attention

She uses my shower and brushes her teeth, and sleeps in my bed, bringing her suitcase from the car to the house sometime around 8pm or so. saying she ate work when I offer her to use some of my money in my drawer to order a pizza or whatever.

I fall asleep around 11:30pm or so. I think a little bit about my own immaturity in many areas before I doze off.
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter will involve a little bit more action, just setting the story up.