- Text Size +

-11-


 


Jan tossed Cynthia in an old busted birdcage. Jan was feeling nice at that moment, so she took off her panties and tossed them inside the cage as bedding for Cynthia. Jan then placed the birdcage next to the fireplace and didn’t bother starting up a fire.


“I’m not going to waste any wood keeping you warm tonight missy.” Jan explained to Cynthia who was still catatonic. Jan hummed a melody and left Cynthia in the dark kitchen with no food or water.


 


-12-


 


Cynthia curled up in the middle of her stepmother’s worn panties. She stared into space and tried to sleep. Her mind was relentless and kept playing back flashbacks of her home on fire. Her mother’s last words. Her childhood home. Her father’s mistake.


The waterworks started again. Cynthia didn’t hold back this time. She let her tears shoot out of her eyes. She made pitiful sounds as she resumed her crying hiccups and uneven breathing.


The Lilliputians living in the fireplace came out of their little villages and trekked over to Cynthia. They climbed the base of the birdcage and streamed between the large brass wires. Their 440-foot tall giantess was nude, beaten, and crying uncontrollably.


“What happened, Cynthia?” Many Lilliputians asked.


“It was terrible,” Cynthia said through her tears. She went on to explain the events of the day, not holding back any details.


The Lilliputians looked at each other in horror. How could someone be so bad? They talked amongst each other and wanted to get back at the stepsisters and stepmother, but what could they do against three six-mile tall giantesses?


The coldness in the kitchen started to creep in. The Lilliputians scurried back to their homes and returned to Cynthia with their blankets and knapsacks. Hundreds of Lilliputians climbed over Jan’s panties and then on top of Cynthia. Many of the boys and men set up camp on top of Cynthia’s feet. The smaller ones wedged themselves between her toes in a desperate attempt to keep her warm. Mothers with their children lodged themselves between Cynthia’s thighs as that was the warmest part of the giantess’ body. Little sleeping bags and blankets littered her long legs and shielded her exposed skin from the cold. The older teen girls set their camp on Cynthia’s long torso and breasts.


Cynthia stopped crying and marveled at the determination of her friends. She felt hundreds of pairs of hands and feet throughout her body. Already she could feel her toes and feet warming up. Tiny little hands rubbed each of her toes together as if they were starting kindling. She thought she even felt little lips kiss the various parts of her body.


Cynthia smiled.


“Thank you all.” She said sweetly. “You all make life worth living.”


“We’re only alive because of you Cynthia,” a Lilliputian said followed by a chorus of agreements.


“I think…I think there was more I could have done.” Cynthia thought back. “I could have saved so many more Lilliputians, but I was too afraid of getting caught.”


“Don’t beat yourself about that Cynthia,” another Lilliputian said. “You didn’t have to help any of us, but you did. You also treat us with respect and take care of us when you don’t have to.”


“I feel so guilty though.” Cynthia said. “From now on, I’m going to do more to help the Lilliputians.”


It was an absurd proposition to the Lilliputians. Even after everything Cynthia had gone through, she was still thinking about the little specks known as Lilliputians. What made her determination to help them more a bit weirder was, in comparison, the Lilliputians under Cynthia’s care had a better life than Cynthia herself. And now she wanted to do more for their kind.


Cynthia’s stomach started to rumble. The Lilliputians on her torso nearly jumped up when they felt the ground underneath them vibrate and growl. Cynthia ignored her stomach and so did the Lilliputians. That is, until her stomach growled louder.


“We don’t have enough food to feed you, Cynthia.” A Lilliputian said in shame.


“Don’t worry about it,” she said with a slight giggle, “I’m not asking for food. All I ask is that you get a good night’s sleep.” Her stomach had the last word as it gurgled and blended on emptiness. In fact, her stomach felt painful as it pleaded for food.


Cynthia closed her eyes and tried to force her favorite dream upon herself. The emptiness in her stomach kept gnawing at her and pulling her back from her sleep. Some of the women on Cynthia’s torso were also having problems sleeping. Not so much because of the noise, but because of Cynthia’s discomfort. All they wanted was for Cynthia to be well taken care of especially after the day’s events. Knowing Cynthia was going to bed hungry devastated them.


“Cynthia?” A female Lilliputian whispered into the hungry giantess’ ear. “Cynthia, would you like to eat something?”


Cynthia moved her head towards the source of the meek voice. It was a Candice, a small Lilliputian with wide hips and large breasts. She was three years Cynthia’s senior and nowhere nearly as attractive. She never had a boyfriend or much of a social life, not because of her looks but because of her painful shyness.


“There’s no food.” Cynthia said softly. “It’s okay, I’ll survive,” her smile warmed Candice. Cynthia didn’t move an inch of her body since there was something like a hundred Lilliputians covering her whole body. However, she was free to move her head left and right. Cynthia’s stomach would not quiet and rumbled like distant thunder. Candice looked on with concern. “It’s okay.” The Gulliverian said.


“It’s not fair that they starve you.” Candice whined. “I know what you did to Jason this morning. Please don’t look sad, I think it was awesome, honest I do! Please Cynthia, eat me, and feed yourself!”


Cynthia shook her head, “no, I can’t. I don’t see Lilliputians as food like my stepsisters and stepmother do. I want to change Candice. I want to rescue Lilliputians, not eat them. I almost regret—“


“Don’t you regret what you did this morning,” Candice shot back. “They wanted to sacrifice themselves to you and you served their final wish. To regret it now would be a mockery to their sacrifice. Cynthia, listen to me, you’ve only eaten those who want to their bodies to sustain yours. Their choice was a hundred percent their choice. Your stepsisters and stepmother don’t give their Lilliputians a choice. They indiscriminately kill for no reason. Think about it, we are so tiny to them; our bodies couldn’t possibly provide anything of sustenance to them. But to you…to you, we can provide what your body needs.”


“But you’ll die.”


“No I won’t…I’ll be a part of you.”


Cynthia sniffled. “Candice, I’m really okay, I can skip a meal. I don’t have to eat you.”


Some Lilliputians overheard the conversation. A few even got up from Cynthia and walked over to behind Candice. They looked up at Cynthia who looked down apologetically, trying hard to smile but having a frown form on her lips.


Candice shook her head. “Thousands of Lilliputians die every day as food unwillingly. We’re dealt this crappy hand in life. I used to have nightmares of being chewed up by an uncaring Brobdingnagian. Now all I want in life is to serve you as food, Cynthia.”


Cynthia’s stomach felt hollow and growled for food. “I can’t”


Candice took off her clothes in front of Cynthia and the others. “Shhh, don’t think about it. Close your eyes and open your mouth.”


Cynthia sniffed again. She couldn’t believe how devoted her little friends were. The thought would not cease from her mind. Her friends loved her so much; they were willing to end their lives so she wouldn’t go to bed hungry. Her stomach felt an impending meal coming. It roared like a lion, ready to feast upon its prey. Cynthia closed her teary eyes and opened her mouth slightly.


Candice smiled in satisfaction. She could see saliva pooling inside Cynthia’s mouth. Though the giantess claimed she didn’t want to eat Candice, it didn’t stop her mouth from watering at the tasty treat before it. Candice pressed herself against Cynthia’s soft lips and passed through a web of sticky saliva that clung to the insides of the mouth. She felt the saliva cling to her nude body and even warm her skin. Because Cynthia had her head turned to the side, Candice slipped and landed on the inside of the giant cheek.


Cynthia closed her mouth and started tasting her prey. The Lilliputian gathered outside her mouth looked and watched her powerful jaw move up and down while she played with the three-quarters of an inch tall Candice. Her lips and mouth changed shapes as she used her tongue to swipe across Candice’s nude body. Cynthia involuntarily opened her lips and used the tip of her tongue to wipe the saliva that gathered in the back of her lips. For that brief moment that her lips were open, the Lilliputians outside could hear Candice giggling and laughing from the ticklish pink tongue. Cynthia closed her mouth again and continued to taste Candice until the flavor dissipated like gum. Still with her eyes closed, she turned her head back and opened her mouth one last time.


Candice looked out and could see the dark blue light that casted across the kitchen. She then saw the tip of Cynthia’s tongue whip in front of her, sending a wave down the tongue that tossed her body to the back of Cynthia’s throat. In one fluid motion, her tiny body was gripped by Cynthia’s esophagus and guided down to her waiting belly. Candice’s cheerfulness ended as she saw nothing but black and felt her body being tightly squeezed from every direction. The smells got worse and so did the heat. It was like breathing water. The slide she was on kept grabbing and tugging her body downwards. The saliva that coated her body made everything so slick and smooth. At the end of the tunnel, Candice fell into a cavern filled with bile.


“Oh my god,” Candice said frightened. “Oh my god, what the hell did I do? Cynthia? Cynthia!” She started to panic. “Cynthia, I changed my mind. Can you get me out of here?” The stomach walls oozed digestive liquid that burned Candice’s exposed skin. “Cynthia, can you hear me? Cynthia please!”


Back outside, there was a group of young women that had camped right over Cynthia’s stomach. They were annoyed by the gurgling earlier, but were now disturbed by the pleas coming from Candice.


“Should we tell Cynthia?” One of them asked the other.


“Nah, she’s hungry and Candice wanted to be eaten. Tough on her if she changed her mind. What did she expect anyway?”


Three Lilliputian males and two Lilliputian females took off their clothes by Cynthia’s head. Cynthia turned her head, somewhat satisfied by her meal, only to be startled at what she saw. Five tiny Lilliputians of all ages were queued at the base of her mouth, waiting their turn to be eaten.


“Are—“


“You won’t convince us otherwise,” the male in the front of the line said. “We know exactly what we are doing and are willing to sacrifice ourselves for you.” As soon as the Lilliputian said that, he bolted across the ground and leapt towards Cynthia’s mouth. The giantess wasn’t expecting so much enthusiasm, but reacted fast enough and opened her mouth just in time to catch the Lilliputian.


Cynthia sure was hungry, and her mouth quickly replenished the saliva used up by Candice. The male tasted a little dirtier than Candice did and wasn’t as satisfying. Cynthia swallowed him shortly after tasting him.


As soon as she opened her mouth again, another prey jumped right in. Cynthia smiled at her meal’s eagerness. She let her tongue wonder around the Lilliputian’s body and discovered it was a woman. They tasted extra good to Cynthia. She played with the Lilliputian’s legs using her slimy tongue. Again, she waited until the Lilliputian’s flavor wore off before swallowing. Cynthia loved the feeling of her throat expanding and contracting as it feasted upon Lilliputians. She could feel the lump travel all the way down until it splashed and filled her stomach. The effects were quick and already the terrible hunger pangs ebbed.


She let her head rest on its side and opened her mouth again. Another male climbed into her mouth. She sucked on him like a piece of chocolate and then swallowed. As the lump travelled down her throat, Cynthia had her mouth open and ready. She felt another Lilliputian male grab hold of her top teeth as he climbed inside her mouth. “I love you Cynthia,” he said as she promptly shut her mouth. Cynthia’s earlier assessment on Lilliputian taste was confirmed, she didn’t really care for the taste of the male Lilliputians. As soon as he was coated with her spit, she swallowed.


That left one tiny morsel left. It was another tasty female Lilliputian. Cynthia gazed down at her with hungry eyes. In anticipation of the rich Lilliputian flavors, Cynthia’s mouth watered.


The Lilliputian woman shivered as she stood before Cynthia’s mouth. The giantess spread her lips and kept her mouth open for her last prey. The Lilliputian squeaked when she thought she heard the echoes of the other Lilliputians resonating from Cynthia’s stomach. Serious doubts ran through her head.


Cynthia let her mouth close when she didn’t feel her impending meal. She looked down at the scared Lilliputian woman before her. “It’s okay. I don’t have to eat you if you changed your mind.” She smiled.


The Lilliputian looked on with trepid eyes. Cynthia’s beauty overtook her. She’d never been so close to the giantess before. There was not one blemish or imperfection, even magnified at her scale. Cynthia had a reassuring smile that eased the mind of the Lilliputian.


The Lilliputian woman took a few steps forward and reached out to touch Cynthia’s lips. She was awestruck at the detail she was witnessing. She took a step closer and pressed her lips against Cynthia’s top lip. Just as she did that, Cynthia opened her mouth. An invisible wall of hot humidity blanketed across the nude woman. She let a light whimper as she looked inside the terrifyingly scary mouth. She could see some ropes of saliva shimmering in the little light that was in the kitchen.


She wanted to step back. To change her mind and beg Cynthia – who was she kidding, Cynthia didn’t demand forgiveness or her flesh. Cynthia didn’t want her to be eaten. Or did she? It was a noble thing to do, however. To sacrifice herself to the greatest friend a Lilliputian could ever have.


The Lilliputian woman stuck her bare feet into Cynthia’s inside cheek. She nearly slipped on the wet surface. Cynthia stuck out her tongue and then hooked it behind the Lilliputian, guiding her quicker into her mouth. With the Lilliputian inside, Cynthia proceeded to close her mouth and taste the hesitant woman. She tasted phenomenal. Her legs were exquisite and her crotch had a little tangy taste to it. Cynthia also played with her breast using her tongue. Cynthia finally brought her head back upright and swallowed the little thing hard. She sighed as the feeling of the Lilliputian receded to the depths of her stomach.


The teen Lilliputians that were trying to sleep on top of Cynthia’s stomach, held each other tightly as they continued to hear the anguishing screams from within. Candice had already stopped screaming and was most likely unconscious.


The men howled in pain and the women screeched as they felt their skin burning. The screams were terrible and scared the teens on top of the belly. They would rather hear Cynthia’s gurgling stomach than the sounds of six Lilliputians being digested alive.


The screams crescendoed at the same time there was a bubbly, boiling sound. The teens took their hands off each other and brought them to their ears, hoping to stop hearing the painful screams. The bubbling sound travelled away from them. A few seconds later, Cynthia opened her mouth and let out a ladylike burp that sounded more like her exhaling air. Cynthia then sighed in satisfaction and went to sleep. The screams from within the stomach subsided until there was silence. The teens removed their hands from their ears and held each other as they too went to sleep. All that was left was a pleasant rumbling sound followed by a weak vibration, as the beautiful giantess digested the bodies of six Lilliputians.


 


-13-


 


The next morning came and went. The birdcage prison prevented Cynthia from serving breakfast, as was her normal routine. The unseen benefit in the situation was her ability to sleep in. The hundred or so Lilliputians spread on her body did keep her warm throughout the night. She did toss and turn lightly, spilling the Lilliputians off her 440-foot long body. She loved the ticklish sensation of having their little hands grip her nude body and climb back on her – trying to find cold bare skin and then covering themselves on top in order to warm her.


“Why do I have to get out of my bedroom just to eat?” Hayley whined. Her mother followed her into the kitchen.


“Because Cynthia is being punished.” Jan said stoically. “A few days in a cage like a mouse ought to do.”


“Do we have to feed her?” Hayley asked.


“Heavens no.” Jan tapped the cage with her foot, eliciting a startled shriek from Cynthia. “Vile vermin.” She said in disgust.


Katy eventually joined the other two in the kitchen and asked why Cynthia hadn’t served her in her bed. Everything was explained and settled. It was decided Cynthia would go for a few days without food and water because of her insubordination. If they felt compassionate and empathetic after a few days, then they would let Cynthia resume her servitude to the Brobdingnagian bitches.


 


-14-


 


Cynthia went a whole day without any further interaction from her Brobdingnagian family. They gave her no food or water.


The Lilliputians on the other hand served her everything they had, including themselves as substance for Cynthia.


No matter how much Cynthia refused, there were always Lilliputians readily available to give up their lives for her. Cynthia broke down and held a lottery. The three individuals who closely guessed the number she was thinking in her mind, would be given the opportunity to become her meal. Out of 20 participants, two females and a male where lucky to guess the number Cynthia was thinking.


That number being 91.


She took her time and consumed the three lucky Lilliputians throughout the day. She still felt guilty for eating them, but she also felt guilty when she saw their disappointed faces when she said she didn’t want to eat them. It was a classic quagmire.


 


-15-


 


One day the Brobdingnagian bitches were lounging around the living room whilst Cynthia remained in the birdcage, in the dark cold kitchen.


A loud rapping came from the front door. Jan answered the door and asked, “what is it?” in her trademark bitch voice.


“From order from the King,” said a portly man, dressed in royal colours. “The King wishes all unwed maidens to attend a ball. A ball in which the Prince of Brobdingnag will preside. A ball of magnificent proportions and extravagance. Etcetera, etcetera.”


“Is the Prince seeking a wife?” Jan asked.


“I am not at liberty to say.” The portly fellow said. “But yea, the Prince is totally looking for a hot wife to be his Princess.”


“A ball,” Jan asked, “when does it take place.”


“Tonight!” The portly man said. “We would have sent invitations earlier, but the internet doesn’t exist yet.”


“That it doesn’t.”


“Here’s an official invitation to the ball. Only unwed maidens and their direct blood relatives are permitted to attend. Look your best and maybe you, can become a Princess™.”


“Even me?” Jan asked.


“No, not you. You’re too old.”


Jan scowled at the man.


“Soooooo yea, I’ll be off. Be sure to read over the invitation card. It contains directions to the castle.”


“We will be there with bells on!” Jan said.


“Don’t bring bells.”


“Why, does the Prince despise bells?”


“No, but I do.” The portly man did an about face and walked back to his horse.


Jan smirked in annoyance, closed the front door, and turned back to her daughters. “I got good news sweeties,” she said to her daughters, “we have been invited to a ball.”


“A ball? Where?” Katy asked.


“At the castle, of course.”


Katy and Hayley’s jaws dropped. A little glimmer shone in their eyes as they pictured themselves dressed in elegant gowns while in the presence of royalty.


“The Prince is looking for his future wife at the ball,” Jan said. “One of you will become a Princess!”


The girls lost it. They screeched, jumped up, and paraded around the sitting room. The girls then asked their mother about purchasing new dresses. Jan informed them money was tight and that it was imperative for one of them to wed the Prince in order to bring new wealth to the family. The girls were shocked by that bit of news. They had no idea they were in any type of financial instability.


“But, you’ll still buy me a dress?” Hayley asked.


“Did you not hear what I just said?” Jan asked. “You already forgot that we don’t have enough money to buy you both new dresses?”


“What about just one dress?” Katy asked. “And since I’m the oldest, I get to buy a new dress.”


“You might be the oldest,” Hayley said, “but I’m the prettiest.”


“Bullshit!” Katy shouted.


“Enough,” Jan shrieked. “Now both of you have a wardrobe full of dresses, so there’s no need to purchase new ones. The ball is tonight and I suggest you two start getting ready right now.”


“Fine,” Katy said, “but can I have Cynthia when I get ready. I could use her trimming my toenails.”


“Gross,” Hayley said, “I need Cynthia too. But my butthole could use some cleaning. Do you think the Prince does anal on the first night?”


“Hayley!” Jan shouted.


“Sorry, he’d probably like doing anal on the third night since he’s royalty.”


“That’s right,” Jan said. “I can’t believe you would suggest the Prince does anal on the first night.”


“But I still want Cynthia to clean my ass.”


“We’ll make Cynthia clean all our asses!” Jan said with a smile. “Say…I just got an idea.”


“What’s that?” Katy asked.


“Follow my lead.”


 


-16-


 


Cynthia was alone in her cage minus a Lilliputian couple. They kept Cynthia company while the rest went about their day-to-day lives. Come nightfall, the Lilliputians agreed to come back and keep Cynthia warm.


“I had my favorite dream again.” Cynthia told Sam and Amy. “The one with the Prince. I was in the castle and not with my stepsisters or stepmother. I was so happy in my dreams.” Cynthia ran her fingers through the ends of her blonde hair as she daydreamed. She was seated on the floor with her legs pulled to her chest. Sam and Amy stood at her toes.


“It’ll come true,” Amy said, “as long as you believe hard enough.”


Cynthia’s stomach rumbled.


“If anyone deserves to be a princess, it’s you Cynthia.” Sam said. “Oh, and you Amy.”


“Nice save.” Cynthia giggled. Her stomach growled again as if it were waking up. She patted her stomach and looked down at the loving couple. “Say, Sam and Amy, this is going to sound weird, but have you ever thought of…” She trailed away to shame to finish.


“Thought of what?” Amy asked with a smile.


“I’m too shy to ask.” Cynthia cheeks went flush.


“Come on, you can ask us.”


“Have you ever considered me eating you?”


The smile and color vanished from Amy.


“I do!” Sam answered proudly.


“What?” Amy turned to her fiancé. “Sam, what are you saying?”


“Come on Amy, you never thought about it?” Sam asked. “All the brave people are doing it. And who wouldn’t want to be a part of Cynthia?” He jumped back and landed between the cracks of Cynthia’s big toe and second toe. He then patted the toes on either side of him while looking up at his stunned fiancée.


“No I never thought of it! Being eaten means death!”


“No it doesn’t! Haven’t you heard the talk around town? Being eaten by Cynthia means immortality. We get to live through her.”


Amy shook her head. “You’re not making any sense.”


Cynthia was unsure what to think about the rumors. Did the Lilliputians really think they were immortalized after she digested their tiny body? Cynthia reasoned in her head that it was somewhat true. The Lilliputian’s bodies would be broken down and digested by her bigger body. Their fat and protein would be absorbed by the various parts of her body. So maybe they were immortalized in a sense. One thing was for true; her mouth was watering after hearing Sam’s willingness.


“I am making sense.” Sam said. “And my mind’s made up. Cynthia, you can eat me if you want.”


“What?” Amy cried out. “Sam, we were supposed to get married. Ahh!”


Cynthia flicked Sam off her toes and then repositioned herself so that she was on her belly with her pretty face before the Lilliputian couple.


“Are you sure you want this?” Cynthia hoped he would say yes. “Because Amy is right. You two have a future ahead of you.”


Sam’s erection in his pants started to hurt as he looked up at Cynthia’s devastatingly beautiful face. “Amy, we should do this together. That way the three of us could be together!”


“Noooo.” Amy whined. “Please Sam, don’t do this.”


“If you change your mind Amy, you’ll know where I’ll be.” He then looked back at Cynthia and gave her a nod.


Amy shrieked as she watched Cynthia lower her mouth where her fiancé stood. She pleaded with Cynthia to stop, but she continued to consume Sam. Cynthia lifted her head back up with Sam’s feet sticking out from her lips. Cynthia then flicked her head back and swallowed Sam in one sweeping motion. Amy whimpered as she saw a small bulge form in Cynthia slender neck.


Cynthia moaned. “I’m sorry Amy, but it’s what Sam wanted.” She then brought a finger behind Amy and started massaging her back.


“I can’t believe he’s gone.” Amy said in disbelief.


“He’s not gone yet.” Cynthia swallowed excess saliva. “You can still join him if you want.”


Amy raised a brow and shook her head no. “No. Are you crazy? I don’t want to die.”


“That’s okay Amy. I don’t want you to do anything you don’t want to do.”


The kitchen door burst open, and in came Katy followed by her mother and sister. Katy’s chest looked exceptionally large in her tight clothes. “Good news little runt.” Katy tapped the birdcage with her flats. She bent down on her knees and sprung open the cage door.


Cynthia did get on her feet as soon as she saw Katy. Amy on the other hand stood still as she craned her neck back in order to see the 6 mile tall Brobdingnagian. Katy’s fingers hovered above Cynthia’s body and came down awkwardly enough to knock her off her feet. Cynthia’s arms went wild as she tried to hang onto Katy’s fingers, but failed to latch on. Instead, she fell on her ass and felt Amy’s body pop under her left butt cheek. Cynthia didn’t have time to think of Amy’s demise before Katy’s fingers returned and plucked her up by the waist.


“Can I tell her mom?” Katy asked without taking her eyes off Cynthia as she stood up straight.


“I will tell her.” Jan said; she then turned towards the one-inch woman and said: “we have good news for you.” Cynthia couldn’t help but tremble as her evil stepmother spoke to her. “The Prince of Brobdingnag is holding a ball tonight. He is looking for a wife and has invited all unwed women in the kingdom; to include Gulliverians such as you, my dear.”


“Wait,” Hayley interrupted, “Gulliverians are invited too?”


“Yes,” Jan said through her teeth. “I hear the Prince has a thing for women who are tiny. I thought it was a weird, deplorable, messed up, misogynistic, fucked up fetish, but if the Prince is in to it, then who am I to judge?” Her smile revealed her crooked teeth.


Cynthia felt like it was her turn to talk. “You really mean it?”


“Yes dear.” Jan tried her smoothest tone.


Katy wanted to play along and said: “Can you believe it Cynthia? You can become a Princess™!” Katy held back a laugh.


“Now of course Cynthia,” Jan started, “there is strict dress code at the castle. You can’t expect to make it through the front gates in the flesh. You must have a dress. I’m afraid if you don’t have a dress by tonight, then you’re not coming.” Jan loved how that came out. “Now, we must all get ready for a ball at the castle!”


The girls cheered. Cynthia didn’t say a word, but she grinned. Then she smiled. Then she almost cried in joy. The freakin’ castle! A ball! The goddamn Prince! Her dream was actually coming true.


Katy went to place Cynthia back on the ground when she had a second thought. “Before I let you go Cynthia, mind if you help me out with something?”


Cynthia was too elated to say anything other than “sure!” It’s not as if she could say no to her family otherwise.


“Just this one thing, and then I’ll take you back to your bed.” Katy shuffled to her room, leaving her mother and sister behind in the kitchen.


As soon as they were out of earshot, Hayley said: “I don’t get it, why are you and Katy being so nice to Cynthia?”


Jan smacked Hayley in the back of her head with an open hand. “Hayley you fool. Can’t you pick up anything? We are getting Cynthia’s hopes high. She thinks she’s going to the ball tonight, but she won’t. We will keep making her do stuff so she can’t possibly have time to get ready herself. And then when we are leaving, we will blame it all on her for not being able to come.”


“Oh.”


“What’s wrong?”


“Can’t we just kill her already?”


Jan gave the back of Hayley’s head another smack. “Giving her death outright would be a luxury to her. I’d rather see her suffer for a long time.”


“Oww. You didn’t have to hit me so hard.”