- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just two more to go after this. Bit more of a psychological chapter than a sizey one, but the next one will more than makeup for it. Hope you enjoy!

-------------

 

The days had begun to bleed together. Given time even the extraordinary simply became a new ordinary, and that was precisely what had become of Evie’s life. Her days were a cycle of waking up, doing whatever her mistress bid of her, and then going to sleep to repeat the process. Some days were more eventful than others, but it soon grew difficult to track how much time had passed. Had it been weeks now? Months? Perhaps even a year? She didn’t know and, much to her own vague surprise, she didn’t much care.

Without that inner fire always spurning her into self-destruction, Evie’s life had become...nice. She found Miss Tina to be a surprisingly pleasant master when given the opportunity. The giantess very much still relished in the fun games she would play with her pet, but they erred more on the side of playful than cruel these days. She never ventured anywhere near some of the lines that were crossed before - so long as Evie obeyed. A part of the shrunken woman bristled at how cowed she had become. More than once she felt the urge to snap at her looming overlord, but each time the inclination was quashed outright. A little nagging voice in Evie’s mind and nothing more. 

In a bittersweet irony, it actually led to Evie’s days growing increasingly dull. Whenever she wasn’t playing with Miss Tina she was free to do as she pleased within her limited world. Once, she would have killed for such an opportunity. A chance for her to formulate plans or search for escape possibilities. Now not so much; and without that there was just so much idle time. In a way it made Evie almost yearn for the crushing vice of Miss Tina’s fingers. Or to be smothered in the hearth of her bosom. Or to scramble along the floors and weave between the footfalls of titans in desperation. At least that was something she could put her attention towards. As it was, all she often had was the vague splendor of a gigantic world - and that had lost its awe factor some time ago. 

Fortunately, it seemed her mistress had realized this as well.

The work week was nearing its end once again with Miss Tina busy at work at her desk, eyes glued to her monitor while Evie lounged around. During some days the monotony was broken up by something or other, but on busier ones like this one there was nothing that awaited Evie but silence. Her owner’s gaze never left her screen and her fingers typed away at a mile a minute. Much as she would have welcomed the chance to serve as Miss Tina’s fidget toy or stress doll, Evie could only watch and wait. She had all but resigned herself to this dull fate only to snap to attention once Miss Tina suddenly pressed her glasses to her nose and regarded her pet. 

“It must be pretty boring down there during stuff like this, huh?” She offered with a sympathetic smile.

Evie couldn’t exactly deny that. To a non-person, life was either constant excitement or nothing at all. There was no middle ground. She shook her head and offered as much as a reply. 

“I’d play with you a bit, but I kinda gotta focus on this proposal…” She made a show of trying to think, averting her eyes briefly. It took several long, silent moments, but a possibility seemed to dawn on her. Miss Tina’s eyes swept back onto Evie, the giantess reaching forward with a finger to stroke her plaything’s torso. “I might have an idea. Amy had some questions she wanted me to fill out for her, but if you promise to behave you can do it. Does that sound good?”

Ah yes, Miss Amy. It had been some time since Evie last saw her. Her schedule made getting a private moment with either her or her mistress quite difficult. A case of the will being there, but reality standing in the way. The fiery-haired giant remained frightening, though if she could provide a solution to Evie’s terminal boredom then the black-haired bugwoman was more than happy to oblige. There was but one problem.

“How should I? I mean…” Evie gestured to her shrunken self.

Miss Tina quirked her lips to the side and hummed in thought. “Hmm...It might be a bit big for you, but there’s a tablet in my drawer you could use. Since writing at your size is a bit...yeah.” She giggled into her fingertips. “Think you can handle that?”

What she had meant was “Can I trust you not to try anything?”. That much remained obvious even to Evie. Rather ironic, considering the woman took a moment to recall what a tablet even was. Come to think of it, she hadn’t used any technology since her reduction, had she? “I can if that’s what you want.” Came her eventual reply, sounding rather like a child saying what her parent wanted to hear.

That appeared to satisfy Miss Tina, who leaned back in her seat to stretch. “Okie dokie. Just make sure to tell Amy all about what an amazing owner I am!” An awkward pause followed, broken up by the giantess clearing her throat. “T-That was a joke.”

Evie’s subsequent laugh was at least genuine, albeit at her awkward owner’s expense. “That’s a given.” She said. 

“Wait reall- I mean of course you will. I’m the best!” Bravado wasn’t a look Miss Tina could pull off, though it was adorable when she tried. She had grown more assured and confident as of late, but cocky? Far from it. The demeanor suited her like an ill-fit glove. After a bit more banter in that vein, mostly consisting of the giant talking herself up with uncharacteristic arrogance, she did eventually open a drawer at her side and procure a slim tablet. One that, to Evie’s eyes, towered as high as a theatre movie screen. 

Upon powering it on, Miss Tina set the device atop a foldable mount and lowered it towards a discreet nook in the corner of her desk. Where both it and Evie could be safely hidden by a wooden overhang in the event someone barged in. The machine sparked to life and beckoned Evie closer. As she approached, bathed in the darkness of the desk’s overhang, it was akin to entering a separate room. Evie’s own ‘office’ in a sense; and just behind she could turn and see Miss Tina towering in all her immense glory. She encouraged her pet with a supportive smile.

To call the device oversized would’ve been a hilarious understatement. It was, by Evie’s approximation, about the length of a city bus and stood about twice as high. A smaller model of machine that was no doubt well at home in Miss Tina’s slight hands, but for one at Evie’s size it was gargantuan and unwieldy. With slow, cautious steps she approached the lit screen and pressed her palm to its surface, noting a circle pulse out right where she touched it. Setting aside the difficulty of scale, it appeared she could indeed use it. A means of accessing the wider world was at last at her fingertips.

“The file should be saved on the desktop. Under Amy’s name.” Miss Tina explained. 

At the insistence Evie studied the screen for a moment. It featured a cartoon background much to her utter lack of surprise, but the actual icons were threadbare and organized. True to her owner’s word, right along the left hand side was the image of a sheet of paper with a stylized W. Right beneath it of course was Amy’s name. Evie’s hand lingered over it hesitantly, unsure if she was actively being watched.

You could open an email right now. She’d never know.

The Voice. It had been some time since she’d last heard it. Though it was there. Always watching. Waiting. Calculating its next move. Her fingers hovered mere inches from the tablet as doubt seized her, and was summarily suppressed. Evie opened the document file. 

No, she would know. Miss Tina knows everything.

The Voice snorted in her ear. She’s an overpaid brat too busy editing proposals to pay any attention to us. You could send a message. Get us back to normal!

No. She had her chance. Such thoughts only ever ended in failure. She couldn’t risk going back to the void. She wouldn’t.

Evie crushed the errant thoughts and instead focused on the word file that now filled the theater-sized screen. As it loaded a virtual keyboard of sorts appeared along the bottom of it each individual key about a foot tall relative to the shrunken woman. It made numbers and such along the top row annoying to reach, but it could be done. She could work with this. Especially since the document itself wasn’t anything fancy to behold. Simply a series of text questions. No annoying tables or formatting to deal with. High above the first question beckoned her, the words unfamiliar in the surprising time it took for Evie to recall how to read.

 

How is the Subject’s condition? Is she healthy? Stable? No irregularities?

 

The Subject. Evie smiled bitterly as she read the word. Such a distant, clinical term for her. Miss Amy seemed a woman of two sides, and this was very much written by her professional one. The question itself was vaguely familiar, and that was when it hit her. This was the same question Evie had been asked whenever Miss Amy interviewed her. This appeared to be a progress check in of sorts. She couldn’t be here physically, but through the wonders of technology Miss Amy could still get the data she sought.

Evie paused, weighing out a proper response before pressing her palms to the on-screen keyboard. It was much like working an old, worn muscle. Her mind had gone neglected for so long that it was initially alien, but it swiftly came back to her. 

“Evie is in good condition. She doesnt need to eat a lot but drinks plenty of water. She hasnt been sick or upset. Lately shes been a good girl. Ever since her last punishment shes learned her lesson. Now she has a good life and is happy.”

Evie’s hand caught over the keys, the final word surprising her. Happy. She...was happy? It had simply appeared there and now looking at it was almost silly. A part of her, indeed the very same part that whispered defiance in her ear, regarded the word with disgust. 

What the fuck are you doing acting like you’re her pet? You aren’t some child trying to get her approval. Are you so far gone you can’t type like an adult? Tell the truth!

“I am her pet.” Evie remarked to no one but herself. She glanced over her shoulder and there she was. Her beautiful, towering owner already back at work. The Voice was right about one thing - Miss Tina was much too busy to constantly watch her. Having that trust was...new. It warmed Evie’s chest as she turned to focus on the next question, slowly adjusting to this cumbersome way of typing. Reading the words back, her grammar was shoddy and her sentences were surprisingly simplistic. Had she really regressed so much without noticing it? She considered it for a moment, but then again Evie didn’t really care.

 

Has the Subject’s behavior undergone any notable shifts since her reduction?

 

...Oh. Evie felt a twang of embarrassment as parts of her first answer seemed more apt here. Oh well. Going back to fix it was a bit too much work at her scale, so the woman just had to make due. Her hands met with the virtual keys once again, thoughts being put to page. The words came surprisingly naturally.

“Yes. I...Eva Rhodes was not a good person. She was a self centered bitch who used people and who hated Miss Tina. She treated Miss Tina like dirt and got punished for it and even after being shrunken she still fought against her. Now shes evie and evie is a good girl. Evie just wants to make Miss Tina happy because Miss Tina takes care of her.”

Perhaps not the answer Miss Amy wanted, but one Evie felt more than answered her question. It was odd writing about herself in such a way. As though she were speaking of a stranger and not herself; though it was also fitting. This person, this Eva wasn’t who she was. Not anymore. Memories of being anything larger than what she was were another life. The Voice did not seem to like that, but Evie ignored it. Next question. 

 

Do you feel like you can safely care for the Subject? That she won’t escape or endanger herself? Or us?

 

A most surprising question, all told. Reading it, Evie couldn’t help but suspect she wasn’t supposed to see it. It was masked by professional prose, but one could feel the concern the fiery-haired researcher had for her friend. There was a conspiratorial quality to the words. Even exercising the cautions they could, covering all their tracks and eliminating any paper trails, there was always that lingering doubt. There likely always would be. They were playing with fire and it could always catch up with them. In the question even Evie saw the true words meant: Could Miss Tina handle that? Could they continue to keep Evie in line? Or should they quit while they were ahead?

See?! They’re afraid! We can bide our time and-

Evie envisioned the Voice as a ball in hand and clenched her fist, silencing its pesky interruptions yet again. Yes, her owners had their fears. Thus, it was in her interest to assuage them. 

“Dont worry evie won’t try to run away from Miss Tina anymore. Being away from her is scary. The void is out there. Scary people are out there. Miss Tina keeps me safe. Miss Tina makes me feel loved. Miss Tina showed me what a bad person eva was.”

Evie paused, some of her words surprising even herself. She’d never put them to pen in such a way. They felt extreme and yet natural. Was this indeed how she felt? Should she delete them? Her palm hovered over the delete key and yet...she didn’t want to. Uncertainty gripped her, but the more her eyes read it over the more the woman couldn’t find herself particularly disagreeing with any of it. Instead, she typed on.

“Eva Rhodes was a mistake. She deserved to be shrunken and punished and Miss Tina did it. Eva hated her for it but thats why she’ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss”

Her hand remained frozen on the S as Evie realized where her other hand now hovered: just over the letter D. What...was she about to type there?

Look at this dribble. You’re so scared of her that you’re writing like a stupid child! You’re better than this!

Was she? Was she really? Evie frowned. It didn’t feel like fear was guiding her hand. If anything, it was fear stopping it. Fear of admitting thoughts that she had spent so long denying. This wasn’t a line she was about to cross, it was crossed the moment Eva Rhodes had been shrunken down. This was merely admitting something she had been trying to deny from the beginning. Because despite what the Voice tried to say otherwise, it was wrong.  Steeling herself, Evie deleted her excessive letters and finished her thought.

“Eva hated her for it but thats why shes dead.”

It did little to pacify the turmoil from within, but there was something bluntly honest about the words on screen. Something liberating. As Evie continued to type in her own slow and awkward way, the words began to flow more freely. The old muscles in her mind started to click, if only a little bit. Something filled her words with renewed purpose. 

“She died when she was reduced, and it was Miss Tina who gave her a new life. She did what needed to be done, even if Eva didn’t know it. She gave her a new purpose, a better purpose. As her pet. To make up for all the wrong things she did. 

She could never acknowledge what an amazing person Miss Tina was. Miss Tina is smart. She’s kind. She’s awkward, but she tries her best. And she’s always trying to improve. What makes her amazing is she isn’t Eva Rhodes. She’s better. She always was, and now the sizes just prove it. She’s beautiful, strong, nice, pretty, smart, tough, incredible, and most importantly...She saved me. 

Eva was such a horrible person she deserved to be crushed like a roach and left to die, but Miss Tina didn’t do that. She took her in and gave her a home. She treated her like she deserved to be treated, and did Eva thank her? No. She kept lying to herself. Kept saying she was a person. That someone would come and save her. Save her from what? Miss Tina did nothing wrong. Eva Rhodes was a bad person who deserved to be shrunken down, and Miss Tina deserves to be big.

She deserves everything she wants. Eva didn’t wanna give it to her so she took it, but I’m not like that. I’ll do anything Miss Tina says. Because she saved me from the void. She gave me a home and lets me be her toy. I’m so lucky she chose me. It took me so long to realize it, but she’s amazing. She’s everything and”

What the FUCK are you writing?!

The woman blinked as if snapped out of a trance, barely recalling what she had typed not even seconds prior. The words before her were a stream of consciousness laid bare. Were these her thoughts? They resembled the ravings of a stranger, and yet they were hers. Even Evie was taken aback by them.

“I just wanted to thank Miss Tina...”

She KIDNAPPED you and TORTURED you! And now you’re saying thank you?!

“She’s Miss Tina, she can do what she wants…!”

No she can’t! Because you’re not some kind of pet! You’re a person!

“No I’m not!”

Yes you fucking are!

Evie clutched her head as a sharp pain pierced the thicket of her skull. Her other hand pressed against the tablet for support, typing an endlessly repeating V that began to span the rest of the document. That was the last straw for the Voice it seemed. This time it refused to be quelled, making its fury known as it shrieked in Evie’s mind. The woman backed away from the tablet, chest throbbing and a cold sweat across her body.

Who do you think you are?! You’re Eva!

There was an immediate and visceral denial on the tip of Evie’s tongue. The voice was so loud though. It refused to budge an inch! She had to...Had to…

“Evie?”

Like a blade cutting through the haze, Miss Tina’s voice rumbled from on high. At some point she had stopped her work it seemed, and in the wake of her voice was blissful silence. The Voice was gone, fleeing the moment the titaness announced herself. Looking back, Evie saw the familiar set of round-rimmed glasses staring back at her. Miss Tina’s brow was creased with concern. Perhaps Evie was causing more of a stir than she realized. 

“Is everything okay?” The giantess asked.

After a moment to catch her breath, Evie looked around. As though expecting another to be standing beside her. “Yes...Everything’s okay.”

Miss Tina studied her dubiously. “Maybe you should rest a bit.” She boomed, gigantic fingers reaching for Evie first. Then for the tablet. It was an embrace Evie welcomed, snuggling into the comfort of Miss Tina’s soft digits as they stroked along her body. Her presence kept the Voice at bay. As Miss Tina glanced over the words on the tablet, Evie lost herself in the warmth of her mistress. 

The words typed were her shame laid bare. She didn’t dare look. She didn’t know where they had come from. They were a disorganized mess of thoughts and feelings. Unstructured and so simple a child could’ve written it, but it had to come from somewhere. Evie couldn’t run away from that; and now it couldn’t escape Miss Tina’s gaze either. She read, her expression subtly shifting to joy to awe to even hints of arousal. Then finally, concern. Long, thoughtful concern.

After several moments she set the tablet down and looked to the naked, raven-haired woman coiled around her fingers.

“Evie...Is this how you feel?”

“Yes.” She could say that much without hesitation. That document, messy as it was, was a perfect reflection of how she felt. “I don’t know what to think sometimes, but what I do know is you’re my owner Miss Tina. And I want to make you happy.”

A surprise attack. One that slipped past all of Miss Tina’s defenses and had the woman stunned. A low gasp escaped her lips as a flush rushed to her cheeks. “Y-You already do Evie.” The giant looked away awkwardly.

“You know what I mean Miss Tina. I-”

“You really mean it…” 

Evie blinked. “Of course I do.”

Her certainty led the brown-haired giant to bite her lip. She seemed at a loss, eyes shifting from joy to concern to uncertainty and so much more. She studied the ravings on the tablet and then the sincerity in Evie’s visage. Soon she seemed to settle on something.

“Then…” Miss Tina sighed, her breath washing over Evie as she donned a slight smile. “Well...there is one thing I’ve wanted to try for a while, but are you sure you’re okay? I...I don’t wanna force you…”

It had been so long since Evie had seen such a demure side to her Mistress. It suited her far more than faux bravado ever did. “If it will make you happy then it’ll make me happy! Please Miss Tina…” She pressed her lips against the side of her owner’s hand. “Let me make you happy.” It was unthinkable that the words could ever parse her lips, but they were how Evie truly felt. Whatever she was once, this was who she was now. Once, she would’ve dreaded that. Now she wished to embrace it with open arms. 

Miss Tina stared long and hard, deep in thought before she finally nodded. “Okay, but only if you promise you’ll behave.”

It didn’t matter what it was. Evie could not nod fast enough. “I promise!”