- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another week, another chapter. Enjoy!

[Size changing, Medical, Object, Foot]

-----------

 

The break oh so graciously allotted Eva was hardly a pleasant one. It was nice in that she had half an hour to collect herself and prepare for whatever came next. What rather dampened it however was the fact she spent the entire time still taped down onto a microscope slide like some kind of pitiful lab sample. The adhesive proved much too strong for her to free herself, and try as she might, Amy wasn’t particularly keen on helping her either.

For most of that time the fiery-haired giant simply towered in the distance, her full attention focused on her work. Dedicated solely studying the microbial sample of blood she procured from Eva and on documenting the results of their ancillary little tests. She was nothing if not a professional; even if her frank personality grated on Eva’s nerves.

Until such time as she was to be let free, the smaller woman had little to occupy herself aside from her thoughts. Thoughts that invariably all led back to her current situation. Just what did that looming redhead see in her little tests? Were the results meaningful? Was there...anything unexpected? As ever, a lack of information haunted Eva. Something that had worn its welcome out long ago. 

She groaned a few times and asked that the tape at least be removed, but Amy didn’t appear to have heard her. She was lost to a world beyond the likes of Eva and even Tina. Estranged in a sea of clinical data and notes that she was attempting to make sense of. Compared to Tina who rarely left her alone, being outright ignored was an alien thing. Not that it lasted. It never did. 

“Alright, about ready for more?” Amy eventually asked. 

“Done staring at my blood then?” Eva replied glibly. Being taped in the same position for the better part of an hour did wonders for one’s mood believe it or not. 

Amy shrugged as a reply. “As much as I can find. Looks like we might need a stronger microscope for you, but some interesting stuff in there. Looks like your cells are stable which is good. Since this was all theoretical with humans there was a chance that...Well, let’s not really talk about that.” If it was bad enough that even this boyish scientist didn’t want to say then Eva was more than content not to ask. With some renewed effort she squirmed against the tape holding her down, the restraints sticky and pushing back without loosening their hold. 

“Now would you mind doing something about this stupid tape?!” 

Amy blinked as though the predicament was a surprise. “Oh right. I just...kinda assumed you would get out. Good to know it can hold you down I guess.”

Eva didn’t dignify that with a response.

She braced herself as the giant’s fingers closed in over her: tan digits each as thick as a truck and considerably longer. They grasped the edge of the slide and then...lingered there, hesitation briefly crossing Amy’s blue eyes. It was not a look Eva cared for at this moment.

“Actually...This might be a good chance to test something else real quick.” She remarked before hurriedly stepping away. Not just from her desk, but her office entirely.

“Suppose I’ll just sit here then.” Eva groused.

She hadn’t needed to wait long at least. Within minutes Amy returned, a familiar white device in hand. Though it appeared identical to countless others, somehow Eva knew. This was the machine that had shrunken her - the Prototype Reducer. She didn’t dare wonder why Amy brought it, or what she was doing fiddling with its settings.

“Don’t suppose you’re going to grow me back?” 

“In a sense.”

It was spoken in jest, but the answer seemed anything but. Eva paused, studying Amy’s visage for any signs of deceit. There was none. Once satisfied with her customizations the giant aimed the device square at her shrunken specimen. A light then filled Eva’s chest as the Reducer was activated, and for once she was more than happy to accept it. The pleasant warmth came accompanied by a familiar dizzying sensation, countered in part by Eva hurriedly shutting her eyes. Even so, she could feel her size changing. She could feel the constrictions of her adhesive prison tightening. Was the slide being shrunken? No...She was growing! She was honest to god growing!

Eva’s ears rang with the angelic choir of the tape screaming trying to contain her expanding form, the tape steadily peeling as it gave way to the inexorable march of her growth. She was no longer helpless against it. She was now strong, and she couldn’t help but force her eyes open once more. Her stomach lurched in protest as the world spun rapidly around her, but the view she got in return was more than worth it. This glass slide that served as her prison, once twice her size, was now barely able to fit her body and dwindled fast. From high above Amy, her boyish features framed by wavy locks of red hair, seemed considerably smaller. A giantess yes, but a far more...manageable one. A sentiment that also applied to the world around them. Very much still a world for titans, but with each moment it seemingly shrank around her. 

With a final peeling noise from the side, the tape had fully come loose and she smirked, yanking it from her body with little issue. Eva savored the bliss as she rose to her feet at triple her pitiful size and still growing. She stood in the azure glow of the Reducer’s light, basking in every ounce of size returned to her. 

It was a light that eventually dimmed, but when it did Eva felt titanic. The slide she was trapped on now resembled little more than a bathroom scale. It may’ve been a difference of half an inch to several, but she didn’t care. To her it was a significant leap forward. Marred only by the fact there was someone considerably larger than her watching from on high, lips set into a satisfied smirk. 

“Looks like further size alterations still work as well. Good.” Amy nodded, her voice far less imposing than it had been mere moments ago. God, Eva had almost forgotten what it was like to hear someone whose voice didn’t have reverb. Amy set the Reducer down on a separate shelf behind her and sat down, leaning back as she grabbed a notepad. “Everything feel alright? No organs too small or too big or anything right?”

If that was a joke it was in exceptionally poor taste. If not...Eva grimaced just picturing it. Closing her eyes, she focused herself and tried to sense if aught was amiss. Aside from a vague queasiness in the pit of her stomach nothing was obviously wrong. Though she did wander to the corner of the giant’s keyboard to use it as a seat until her gut settled. It was almost sad how happy she was to see keys only the size of dinner plates. Though she had to remember where she was and who was with her. Her joy and relief threatened to boil over, but Eva kept them as restrained as she could. Something this nice had to come with a catch, she was just waiting for it.

“A little dizzy I suppose, but nothing I can’t handle.” Came her eventual answer. “Now what? Going to make me run a maze for some cheese? ”

“No, just some questions.” Amy said.

“Oh.” This woman really did have a way of keeping Eva on her backfoot, didn’t she?

Amy sighed and parted some thick tufts of hair behind her ear. “Believe it or not, I don’t wanna push you too hard. You’re a valuable specimen there Evie, and-”

“Don’t call me that.”

“- I can’t risk losing out on a chance like this.” Amy went on, uninterrupted.  “Besides, you’re Tina’s anyway.” She added with a slight grin. “So just some questions and you’ll be free to go for the day. Easy right?”

Easy indeed, which immediately put Eva on guard. She knew Tina and could reasonably predict her. She did not know this person. She did not trust this person. Was this a chance to perhaps try and gain some leverage? Or would the attempt simply bring the redhead’s ire down upon her? “And then what...back to Mi-....Tina?” She asked.

“Yeup.” 

Well, she was honest at least. With a sigh the woman resigned herself.  “Alright, fine go ahead.” 

“Righto. So…” The giant’s eyes scanned her notepad. “Have you noticed any adverse side effects or reactions since you were reduced? I imagine Tina could’ve missed the subtle stuff since you’re so small.”

Ignoring that unnecessary last comment, Eva pondered for a moment. “A lack of appetite I suppose. It’s a bit hard to say considering Tina tortured me.” 

“Oh don’t be so dramatic.” Amy waved a pen in the air dismissively. “If you still have it in you to snark like that then you got off lucky. You don’t wanna know what some of the people in this company would do if they found you like this.” Still, she made notes based on Eva’s answer. “Next question then, how about psychologically? Have you felt...uh different?” 

Eva arched her brow. “Now you’re supposed to be a-”

THU-NK! THU-NK!

One after another Amy’s feet propped themselves at the edges of the desk. The soles of two worn loafers dug into the fine surface as the redhead made herself comfortable, eyes never once leaving her notepad. 

“-...psychologist…?” Eva, meanwhile, struggled to look away.

“Not really.” Amy admitted. “But not like I can bring you to a real one anyway, so just answer the question.” 

She could feel the giant’s gaze on her, watching as Eva struggled to look away from the looming shoes nearby.  Even now they could easily swoop down and crush her, her instincts said. That perhaps qualified as a psychological difference. Though, who wouldn’t be frightened after what she had been through? It was more a question of how honest she could be. Amy was, after all, a friend of Tina’s. Anything one knew she could count on the other finding out.

“It’s…” She bit her lip.

Don’t give them ammunition to use on you. Lie.

“...Terrifying.”

“I’d imagine so.” Amy responded clinically. “Everything so big. Your life turned upside down overnight...” She shifted a foot and observed as Eva’s eyes followed automatically, making a quiet note of that. 

“Are you scared of me?” 

The smaller woman blinked and broke her gaze to meet Amy’s directly. How could she not? This woman was one of the reasons why she shrank in the first place. She was a towering, uncaring giant who could crush her and the world would never know. Every fiber of Eva’s being trembled simply being in her presence. She felt so...vulnerable.

Don’t admit it!

“...Yes…” 

Amy nodded slowly, understanding shimmering in bright blue eyes. “Are you scared of Tina?”

Eva’s silence said more than she ever could.

Amy made a few more notes of that. “Well, I can’t blame you there. A lot of people hate you Evie, and if they found you like this well...I doubt I need to tell you what that could be like.” Oh, she most certainly didn’t. “But...For what it’s worth Tina’s a good gal.”

Indignation snapped Eva out of it as she turned her head. “She shrank me and has done everything she could to make my life hell!” 

“And how many horrible things have you said to her, hmm?” Amy countered. “You like to scream a lot of mean stuff for someone so little, you know that? I ain’t about to act like you’ve got it easy. But rather than sitting here feeling like everyone’s out to get you, maybe you could stand to play ball once in a while.”

“And accept this? Why in god’s name would I ever do that?!” Eva guffawed.

“Because if you don’t then you’re just gonna keep on being scared.” 

Eva fell rather silent after that. A damning counterblow from the scientist. “...Says the woman on her side.”

“Of course I’m on her side. I’m her friend. More than you can say.” Amy shrugged. “Just my two cents anyway. Not like I know what it’s like to be small, but I do know what it’s like for your mouth to get you into trouble.” Moments passed in silence before she sighed. “We’re getting off topic. Next question…”

From there Eva answered almost robotically. More to keep Amy from doing anything to her than a particular desire to play along. Her blissful high after being grown was soured by the conversation. Though try as she might, Amy’s suggestion couldn’t leave Eva’s thoughts. Nobody knew better than she did how easy it would be to just roll with the punches. To nod her head to whatever was said and when a big girl demanded something of her to just do it. To ‘play ball’ as it were. 

That was just not who she was. It...It couldn’t be.

Though as the questions went on and Amy maintained a professional coldness throughout, Eva’s gaze wandering as the questions grew increasingly clinical and dull. They soon settled on the propped fear nearby. It was...frighteningly easy to picture herself tending to them. Slaving herself to the soles of the gigantic woman as Amy moaned about the woes of her workday. In a sense it would’ve been preferable to this. She knew that the redhead was capable of being quite personable and friendly. At least that would be something she could understand, and that gave way to a dangerous line of thought.

Was being someone’s pet really so bad given the alternative? 

Eva quashed that idea as soon as she had it, but like a festering weed it refused to fully go away. Towards the end of the questions she barely registered what was being said to her, retreating inwards and observing the world as though it were someone else’s eyes she was seeing out of. Instead her mind toyed with treacherous thoughts of how warm her relationship to this giantess could be. Were she only to ‘play ball’.

She heard the door open after some time, Eva turning to see Tina’s towering, petite figure stepping in. Some part of her was happy to see the dweeby young woman again. Being alone with Amy was...dangerous. She encouraged thoughts Eva didn’t like. Not at all like Tina. Much like the joy being grown a few inches gave her before, Tina’s brand of hell was welcome after this one. It all boiled down to perspective. 

A fleeting feeling ultimately. It passed as the two giants addressed one another. Eva didn’t bother listening, already knowing what came next. Amy soon had the Prototype in hand once again and Eva knew it was time. As the beam hit her she didn’t bother fighting it, not today. Instead, she simply brazed herself as that familiar dizziness took hold. 

A large part of her bemoaned seeing Amy and Tina standing over her, both of them rising higher and higher as she was once again shrunken. It hated that Eva was once again dwindling to nothing. It loathed the fascination and perverse pleasure the pair had watching her shrink. Though there was another part of her that was...concerning.

One that said this felt right.