- Text Size +

It had been a week since the director of the Jones Stress Suite broke into Jesse and Ashley's apartment. The tiny clones had been getting taken care of with delicacy from Ashley, although now she was beginning to lose purpose, what was she mean't to do with them now? They were her only trump card but instead she had to use them to save everybody, now she had no leverage. She was hoping for a miracle.

 

Clone Jesse back at the facility had spent the last week or so saving hundreds and hundreds of people from destruction zones, some people did rescue missions and gathered resources, some crossed corridors to enter rooms and do recon, they attempted to map the entire building without entering all the areas. Their army wore entirely grey or black clothes in order to blend into the floor. They were unsure of their next plan of attack but Jesse had yet another theory about this facility and intended to prove it through recon, little did he know it would be sooner rather than later.

Jesse lay with his back to the wall of the corridor, the facility had closed for tonight, the eerie silence of no stomping in the corridors was extremely jarring, it felt unreal. He lay back trying to get shut eye, same as his fellow clones from different zones. He was awoken into darkness by shouting in the distance, he could see a kid running towards him, he must be part of the recon squad.

"Leader Curran, over here, sir!" he shouted, he was rushing and shouting, awakening everyone in a 20 foot radius.

"What is it, son? What's so important you had to wake everyone up?" he scoulded the boy who didn't seem guilty about his actions, he believed them to be worth it.

"I'm Michael Henderson, I'm with the Director Suzanne recon squad, we've been stuck in her office for 3 days, we've just returned, the remaining two members are still coming back."

"You lost three people? Spit it out, Henderson. What happened?" Jesse demanded, hoping for something useful here.

"It was about 6pm, the facility was starting to empty, all the customers had left at this point. A lady with long blonde hair came in, she was in her 30s or so. The director, sir, she addressed her as ma'am. I believed we were looking at someone even higher up in the company. We stayed later than intended in order to hear all the details, she was sitting at the directors desk for some amount of time, lots of small talk. She came across very authorative. Suzanne called her Mrs Boyer, the lady responded saying "Please, Suzie, call me Vivian."."

"The real board at the top came in? why were they here? Interesting." Jesse thought hard before Michael interrupted his train of though.

"They talked more, sir. Vivian asked her if the project in the basement had been erradicated yet. She said it was supposed to be finished by now and it is a great danger to their operation. Suzanne responded by saying it wasn't dealt with yet, but she'd get right on it tomorrow." Michael explained whilst frantically waving his hands around, unable to stay calm.

"We've got to get right on that, good job, Michael. What happened to the others, who did you lose?" Jesse asked

"Mike, Gary & Damien." He looked at the ground in sorrow and grief. Mike aka Michael 2 was an identical clone of the Michael Henderson in front of Jesse at this moment, Michael 2 originated from Chamber 8 where he and his parents were saved by the rebellion, bringing them here. Michael 1, who was speaking to Jesse was saved from Chamber 7 next door the day before, his parents were not as fortunate and were unable to escape the hands of Ray, an energetic 40 year old man, who slammed them under his hands in front of Michael 1.

"Mike heard this news that I delivered to you and said we must pass it on right away, I said it was wise to remain on the edges until the facility was clear, he said it was too important. That was the last thing Vivian wanted to tell the director, he tried to cross the corridor as she left, she stepped on him after leaving the room. Gary fell into a gap in the door frame and suffocated. Damien was rolled over by a cart in the corridor after leaving for our recon." Michael explained all these details with a heavy heart as Jesse took his head, bringing him closer. Giving him the warm feeling that it was all okay now, and it was, it was definitely okay now. They had a lead, no matter what it was, they had to check it out. No matter the sacrifices they had to make.

"We'll set out now whilst it's empty. We've got a lot of ground to cover as it could be anywhere in the basement. Suit up, people." He shouted at the crowd, who instantly began moving with no pause.

 

Their operation began an hour later at approximately 6am, over 800 people traversing the wall on the side of the corridor, clad in grey outfits to camoflauge into the ground. Jesse leading at the front in order to control the direction of the group. They travelled for three hours and had reached quite far back into the facility building, still no sign of the basement door. They began to hear rumblings.

"Morgan, time." Jesse demanded.

"9:03am" she responded.

"Pass back the line that we will be taking a safer approach going forward from here on out, the facility is populating."

"Understood" Morgan said as she turned around repeating the words and requesting it to be passed on, through 800 people to the back of the line.

There were few customers at this time in the facility, but it would slowly ramp up. They had to take strategicly timed approaches to crossing door frames to avoid fatalities, it was mostly employees making sure destruction chambers were pulverized for new customers they were expecting. For the most part their squad would do very well with their coordination with doorway passings, using hand signals to let them know when to pass 10 people.

The mid-section of the squad attempted to cross chamber 18, this was the 50x50ft one that generally was acquired by rich people who came to the facility, one of the squad leaders lifted his hands allowing 10 people to start progressing they began their 20 second duration sprint to reach the other side, the leader on the other side waving them over signaling to them that they were to keep coming and that it was safe to do so. Suddenly an employee they had come to know through recon as Audrey, she was a customer assistant. Her black flats came stomping in stopping in front of the wall next to the door, she was inspecting the metal panel, employees used these to reset rooms, generally the other dials weren't used. However the squad believed one of the dials was used to reset the zone to its state before someone entered it, not pulverizing the session but just resetting it. Approximately 40 people along the walls were 8 metres away from the giant shoes, looking up they could see up her black skirt and see her arms inspecting the panel, she pressed the red button pulverizing anything that was remaining inside. The people kept their cool, watching the huge feet very closely for any potential it would get closer to the wall. The group of 10 that were currently crossing the doorway were still being signaled this time faster, the leader was looking upwards, the crossers looked behind them whilst running noticing her, causing them to panic. Unfortunately for them Audrey wnated to make sure the zone was properly pulverized and approached the door, grabbing the handle. The two men closest to the leader looked up seeing the giant hard sole of the flat land on top of them crushing them, the coordinators on the other side hearing loud squelching noises as the colossal foot pressed the weight of the girl onto them below, the others behind them instantly stopped moving to avoid the same fate. The three people at the back didn't realize the left foot incoming as it came flying, one of them getting kicked full force and sent flying past the door frame spluttering into a million pieces and red liquid into the destruction chamber ahead, two getting crayoned underneath against the floor by the sole as it grazed the floor scraping their bodies into flatness like chalk. The rest of the door crossers were inbetween her legs, they waited for her to pass into the room and quickly finished their traversal, Audrey finished her check-up and left the room. The rest of the door crossers had to passover blood & gore below them to get to the other side as the squad continued their mission.

These unfortunate incidents occurred often as mistakes were unavoidable in such a large group, everyone knew the sacrifices that had to be made for their kind.

 

At approximately 1pm they had reached what they believed to be the basement door having lost 300 people in the journey leaving them with 500, they had to do regular corridor crossing in order to reach the basement door, they passed under it coming to some metal stairs. Jesse prepared their rope equipment and had other members set it up below so everyone behind them would be able to traverse the metal staircase to reach the basement. Every 16th person slipped and fell or didn't use their equipment properly, resulting in a lost of 31 people just on the stairs. They avoided many foot steps on the stairs simply by sticking to the wall.

 

They reached the basement floor, much to their disappointment it wasn't a corridor but rather very open, if they hug the walls it will take them an extremely long time to reach the room and they didn't even know what room it was they were looking for, many of these looked like storage rooms. They continued their mission for quite some time, they reached what appeared to be a room for important document storage, there was a woman inside searching through boxes for something in particular, on the corner of the door frame was another woman, she was leaning on the door frame with her right leg crossed over her left with her arms crossed. They appeared to be gossiping, the front of the squadron stopped 30 meters out from the feet of the woman on the corner, they began listening to their conversation in order to gather information.

 

"Why do you think they want to get rid of the project?"

"I don't know, Emily. Are you gonna help me find the documents or what?"

"What documents?"

"The ones for Project ICQ, we're shredding them apparently."

"Dammmn, Ann. That's super suspicious. Since the project is canned does that mean inspectors can't shrink anymore?"

"Probably not, unless it's a clone of us. The device is being removed as well, probably destroyed."

Emily wasn't wearing a labcoat like most of the other employees here, she was wearing a white blouse, and based on her large amount of questions she seemed like she wasn't involved much in the science related business of this facility.

"Unfortunate that they are removing it before I even got a chance to use it, I felt a promotion coming soon then I'd be wearing labcoats like you fancies at the front end." said Emily

"Trust me it's not that fun, we only shrink for quality inspections of the cities, it's just like walking out in public up there. Nothing special really." Ann explained

"I suppose." Emily said in agreement.

 

This was what they had been waiting for, the ultimate breakthrough. They do posess the shrinking technology in this exact facility, they use it to shrink employees to inspect the conversion process to improve the quality of the shrinking and the clones. This exact employee, Ann has used it before apparently and she's normal sized therefore there is growth version of the same tech, it must be here.

 

"I still want to be a labcoater so that I can get free sessions at the end of the day, I've never actually used our service before, how crazy is that? I'll feel like a real scientist lady as well when I get a labcoat." Emily grinned

"Nearly all of us aren't even qualified in any field of science, it's basically a McDonalds uniform. Labcoats make people trust science-based things more, it's why doctors wear them when you go for a checkup." Ann explained whilst searching for the documents.

"Ah, found them. James should be able to start decommissioning everything after these are shredded. I'll be back in a second." She asked.

"Cool."

 

Down below the squad at the front waited for Emily to finally move so they could cross the doorway but she wasn't moving. She was kicking her white flats off, exposing her bare soles and flexing her toes. Emily was simply relaxing in the doorway. We didn't have time for this, once those documents were shredded they could destroy the machine and we're done for.

 

"We are going around, we don't have a choice!" Jesse commanded whilst marching forwards.

Emily was distracted by her phone whilst playing with her shoes. The squad approached her shoe heel, with her bare heel hanging out and dangling above. They then turned and went around, mere meters away for them from these ruthless killers they've become accustomed to everywhere. 80 members of the squad managed to get through successfully then she lifted her foot causing the flat to fall off it landed on the floor below her missing the remaining squad behind her and those going around her. Rather than use her foot to collect the lost footwear she went with the flow and placed her barefoot on the floor right of the shoe, landing right on top of about 30 people, crushing all of them at once. The noises the people behind them heard were gruesome, something they would never hear anything like ever again, the screaming as the foot came down and the crunching as the foot turned them into nothing. Emily placed all of her weight onto that foot, lifting her other leg and crossing it over that one. Their path was now blocked and they were paralyzed by what they had seen, nobody would move first.

"Leader Curran, the squad behind have stopped progressing, their was a movement and we lost 30 at once, they are blocked off and won't move it seems." one of Jesses right hand men explained.

"We will proceed, they will move forward when they can." Jesse pointed forward and they continued to move as a group of 80 leaving the remaining nearly 300 or so.

The 30 miniscule bodies under Emily were so small that she never felt anything and kept her weight on them for 10 minutes whilst she waited for Ann to return, staring at her phone. They behind squad sat and stared at the foot, watching the pink polished toes bouncing occassionally out of boredom, knowing that their close friends were crushed to death under them. The foot lifted up and backwards giving the squad at the back an entire view of the sole, it was littered with red splats, impossible to spot anything other than red stains, everything else turned into dust. She slipped her foot into the white flat then placed the foot back where it was before, still blocking their path. The people in the back deciding that whatever was ahead was not worth this much suffering, they decided to turn back, heading back towards the stairs.

The lead squad at the front continued the mission, surveying the giants who wandered between rooms, trying to identify which one was the one they needed. They noticed multiple employees moving between two rooms in particular, they tried their luck with the right door closest to them. They crossed the corridor safely as a group without fatalities, slipping under the door they saw multiple employees surrounding a table, the room itself was nearly pitch black however the table had multiple lamps facing it. One of the men there was speaking into his walkie talkie.

"Alright, Harry. I've got most of the issues you've listed here. I think we should be able to grow you now, let's conclude the very last inspection."

"Sure thing. I'm entering the transport cube now, James."

James pinched a small white stained glass cube between his fingers and began moving towards the door, leaving the room and going right, implying he was going to the other room. This must be the resizing room based on what he just said.

"Everyone, quickly to the other room. Move quickly!" Jesse commanded to the 80 people behind him. He quickly moved his lead squad through the line creating a new lead at the other end.

The made it to the room and headed under the door, James was standing behind a metal table, it had three monitors setup and a large computer, he was tweaking some settings.

"Mmmhmm, 2, which is... uh.. 1.70. 100%. Alright-" he picked up the radio from his waist- "Harry I'm ready for you, initiating the very last growth this machine will EVER perform."

"Am I cool now?" asked Harry jokingly.

"You wouldn't be cool if you were the first man on Mars, sorry Harry." James responded and laughed.

Jesse surveyed that they were on the back right side of the door frame, Harry was on the far left in the middle of the room. They wouldn't have time to go safely around the entire room.

"Everyone charge the white cube!" Jesse commanded as loud as he possible could, his army immediately following him as they charged. Harry stood up looking towards the door, seeing strange movements, then seeing them clearer as they entered the lights.

"James, James. Come in. Holy f- what the fuck is that. Who are yo-" the radio cracked out, Jesse grabbed Harry by his labcoat and threw him off the platform behind him, landing on the crowd who held him in place.

"Who are you people?? what the fuck is going on??" Harry screamed looking side to side at all these people, they were dirty, greasy haired and muscular, they were wielding pipes, guns & knives. They looked like a crazy gang you'd find in a zombie apocalypse.

Gus approached the man. "Welcome to the Rebellion, Harry." he said with an evil smirk, Harry freaking out and trying to shake free.

"Resizing in 3, 2, 1. Boom." James read. Looking up at a medium build man who was filthy with stuble, where was Harry he thought?

"Who the hell are you?" James said, just as he finished his sentence Jesse lunged forward grabbing the man by the throat with his left hand and using his right hand to slam his head into the concrete wall. James screamed as Jesse kept slamming his head into the wall whilst roaring.

"What... the fuck- are youu!!?" James groaned whilst slightly unconcious from the violent impacts.

"WE are what you leave behind, motherfucker." Jesse said quietly into his ear.

Down below the crowd were pushing Harry back through the crowd, everyone punching him and attacking him. He was confused as to what was going on. Shouting at everyone in confusion, asking them to stop.

The resizing room door opens, Emily enters with a messed up look on her face and a security guard with her.

"What the hell is going on in here? Who the hell are you? Oh my god! James!" she shrieked looked at the bloodied mans face, then up to Jessies crazied dirty face.

"Em..ily- the tiny clones.. are going... to the resizer..." James muttered with blood exiting his mouth, the security guard leaps forward grabbing Jessie by his neck and tackling him to the ground, slamming a button on the desk of the computer on the way to the ground, the security guard starts beating into him, trying to knock him out.

Emily's eyes widened as she looked down floor and then up to the resizer, she leans foward, noticing extremely miniscule grey dots moving through the room. 

"Not on my watch!" she shouted as she lifted her foot, down below the crowd looked up and screamed including Harry who screeched-

"Emily, It's me, NOOO-" the white flat splat straight into the floor in an extremely powerful stomp that crushed 25 people at once, including Harry, butchering everyone underneath. She twisted her foot creating a gruesome bone crushing noise to the people below who dodged the first stomp, a smile creeping across her face at what she has been missing out on as she erased 25 lives from existence.

"NOOOO, HARRY!" James shouted with his hand reaching out, looking at the floor below Emily's foot. She looked at James realizing that the crazy man resized because he took Harry's place. Shock filling her face.

"Oh shit..." she said before continuing her next stomp, lifting her right foot again, littered with red splodges all over it.

Down below Jodie was sprinting for the resizer, heading under it the matter detection went off, shooting her instantly resizing her to normal, her eyes darted to her right seeing Emily with her foot lifted, leaping forward and kicking her straight in the diaphragm sending her hurtling backwards. She quickly darts around the computer to see Jessie being strangled by a massive burly security guard who turns his attention to her standing up to take her down instead.

"The- button." Jessie utters, Jodie looks to her left noticing it and slapping it with her hand.

Gus emerges from the depths below as the next leader to touch the platform. Leaping over the table and tackling the security guard, both of them fighting. Jodie helps up Jessie.

"We have to go. Like literally right now." she says whilst carrying him with his arm over her shoulder.

"The others..." he mutters

"I'll put it on a like- auto-mode." She selects auto mode in the custom software, many people start emerging from the resizer. They all gang up on the security guard beating him to a pulp, then heading outside and beating Emily into nothing with their metal poles. Jessie starts walking on his own again, Jodie next to him. Ann emerges down the stairs walking right into the view of Jessie and Jodie, freezing on the spot. In the blink of an eye, she drops the papers she was holding and starts sprinting up the basement stairs, three of the clones chase her into the corridor upstairs.

Ann bursts into the directors office.

"Suzanne!" She screams, the director nearly jumping out of her seat looking upwards at Ann as a knife is driven straight through the back of her neck causing her to fall forward into a bloody mess. Three filthy men wearing all grey emerge holding various weapons, anger forms on her face, she throws open her bottom-most drawer on her office desk as they approach her, she pulls out a bizarre blue gun, blasting the man closest to her who vanished instantly, blasting the man behind her and pointing to the man out front. He dropped his weapons and held his hands up.

"Who in the fuck are you filthy people? and why have you killed my employee?" the man began explaining himself whilst walking backwards out the office door into the corridor, screaming could be heard from the employees in the building.

"We're... clones." he spoke quietly.

"What?" Suzanne said whilst turning her head in confusion?

"We came from-" Suzanne blasting him before he could finish, looking at the floor in the corridor seeing the tiny 1cm tall man turn to his left and lift his arms before Audrey came sprinting past running from the crazy invaders, her flat landing straight on top of him crushing him instantly, her following steps further mashing his body into paste on her way to reception.

Suzanne moved away from her desk, seeing the man closest to her scurrying on the floor, lifting her foot angrily whilst walking drilling it straight into him, creating an awful crunching noise. The other man on the left side of the room saw this and started sprinting away instantly, the director stomped heavily in his direction kicking him with her shoe sending him flying towards the wall, splatting on it creating a blood splatter, his body then slowly sliding down the wall creating a disgusted look on her face.

Suzanne headed into the corridor, looking down one end seeing her employees running in her general direction, seeing Gary the labcoat man who introduced Ashley to the destruction zone having his neck sliced whilst he was running causing him to ragdoll across the floor. Tens of these crazy clones sprinting in her direction, she lifts her gun and starts blasting them before they can get to her, more and more of them coming around the corner. She must have shrunk all of them at this point. She began marching forward with the weapon still pointed down range blasting any that came out. Walking past the many on the floor that she had shrunk even stomping on some whilst still staring forward watching the corridor corner she was approaching. A girl came flying out the corner doing a wall jump on the corridor wall, the director took a shot and missed, the girl took this opportunity sprinting at her with a knife, Suzanne then kicked the destruction zone door on her left open, blocking the knife that came flying in, she lifted her heeled foot and drilled it straight into the girls knee, causing it to bend and break, she cried out. The director lifted her up by her leather jacket throwing her backwards into the destruction chamber, pulling the door back and holding it shut.

"Cindy, zap this bimbo." she shouted to the receptionist.

"Right away." she said opening the panel and slamming the red button. The familiar noise could be heard this time mixed with very loud screaming that became disturbingly strange then faded out, she kicked the door open seeing nothing in the room. 

 

"We're receiving reports that a gang has forced entry into the Jones Stress Suite and are killing many of the employees there. We are still unsure of their motive at this time." the TV glared into Jesse and Ashley's faces, they both looked at each other and then darted upwards sprinting out the door.

 

Behind her the employees began pushing forward with her. Realizing their boss truly was a badass and didn't just play the character of one. Walking past the shrinkees the employees accidentally stepped on the clones shrunk by the director, Cindy accidentally stomping on one on the right using her red high heels and not noticing and Audrey on the left with her black flats. The three proceeded forward looking at their fellow employees lying massacred on the floor by these savages. At the end of the corridor on the corner a hand appeared, waving at them.

"Show yourself!" The director demanded

"As long as we play nice." the figure replied.

"Let's talk." she agreed

The figure stepped out with their head down, slowly lifting it up unveiling Jesses face. 

"Who the hell are you?" she asked, Cindy and Audrey looking at each other shrugging, confused.

"I'm a product of your torturous practices, I am the result of your terrible experiment here. Proof that what goes around, comes around. And you're going to suffer for it." His evil eyes looking right at her down the corridor. Quickly getting fed up of his threats lifting her gun, Jesse dives to the right, her aim following him but not before Jodie appears from the left side holding a slender knife from its blade. Throwing it with perfect accuracy and force, the knife zips through the air clipping her wrist, causing her to drop the gun. Jodie begins sprinting towards the director, Suzanne picks up the gun in her other hand and runs out the front door. A black van pulls up out front, the left door sliding open to unveil a group of soliders wearing all black, pulling her in and slamming the door shut. The black van drives away. Jodie looked into the distance following the van as it sped off.

The police immediately storm the building arresting all the codenamed "crazies" wearing all grey with dirt on their faces, Ashley and her Jessie come through the door, an officer attempts to hold them back.

"This is an active crime scene you cannot come in here!" He shouted at them whilst trying to block their line of sight, the floors were littered with blood and bodies.

Emerging from the corner is a police officer and a handcuffed Jessie. 

"Jessie??" Ashley bewilderedly exclaims outloud. 

"How the fuck.." Ashley's Jessie emits from his mouth.

Handcuffed Jessie looks up at her. - "Ashley, you saved us. Thank you. All the others behind me, they originally died in your chamber, I brought them back..." Before the officer tells him to shut his mouth dragging him outside into the police car. Behind clone Jessie, emerges handcuffed Gus, Jack & Daniel. Ashley stares into their eyes.

"Oh my god. It's her." They look at her, expressionless.

She looks at her Jessie who is just as confused as she is. They were brought back from the dead, the people in her chamber who died existed in other chambers as they were reset. She knew this already but seeing it presented to her in full-size was bewildering to her. The officer pulls them both outside.