- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Welcome to my first ever hopefully long-term story, I have absolutely no idea how long it will be but I can't imagine it'd be more than 10 chapters based on what I have planned.

Tags will be added as they occur in the story, I also refuse to add a new chapter unless it has GTS content within it, if a chapter is entirely story then I'll wait for the next chapter to be done and submit them as a pair as I know that can be annoying for some. :]

 

I really hope you enjoy my take on this concept, I've tried to really do it justice. Please leave a review if you enjoyed because I'd honestly love to read them. c6;

Jesse lay across the couch attempting to enjoy his week off from work, he stared at the ceiling with great boredom-

"what is a week holiday without anything to actually do?" he muttered trying to find fun in staring at the ceiling patterns which consisted of white fancy squares that looked awfully random and abstract.

He sighed looking around the room, thinking to himself, debating whether to work on a personal project.

The door handled dropped making a clunk noise as Jesse sat up quickly, trying to get interested in literally anything else that wasn't staring at the ceiling. Into the corridor enters a young woman-

"You're back already? jeez how long have I been sitting here doing nothing?"

 

"Must be nice, I may get the pleasure of sitting however I don't get the pleasure of doing nothing, typing isnt the issue, its constantly using my brain and staring at numbers." the woman leaned in to kiss him.

 

"how was your day then?"

 

"If I pretended it was any different from yesterday I would be lying. I'm sorry I couldn't take the week off with you, they just never approve any of my time off. I don't even think I'll get through the week without collapsing from stress. But luckily I got tomorrow off."

 

She sighed loudly whilst pouring a glass of water, she was wearing her formal work clothes.

 

"Stressed huh? Surely that should be a good enough reason to get a week of time off."

 

"Apparently not, it turns out that corporations don't really care about their lowest paid workers, who knew?"

 

"I'm shocked.." Jesse said sarcastically as she sat down on the couch next to him.

 

"I'll start my own business, where I allow anyone to take any time off they want."

 

"Including you? but you're the boss. That wouldn't solve your problem."

 

"Pfft I wouldn't care, as long as other people like me get to take the time off they need then I'm willing to make that sacrifice."

 

"Wow how sweet.." Jesse said as he cuddled up to her.

 

They stared at the quiet TV together just enjoying the moment.

 

"They'd be calling you Ashley the Angel." Jesse muttered before snickering.

 

"You could be the nicest boss on planet Earth but you'll still never be viewed positively." she retorted

 

"What, why?" Jesse said confused "Isn't that the whole reason people hate their bosses, because of their bad attitude?"

 

"No, people hate their bosses because they tell them what to do, people don't like being told what to do. Bosses being mean is just a terrible bonus."

 

They both turned away from each other to proceed looking at the TV but not really listening to it.

 

"...Ashley the asshole." Jesse said quietly.

 

"Correct" she laughed.

 

"Hey- you wanna turn that up?" Jesse asked whilst pointing at the screen.

 

"Am I boring you?" Ashley said with a smirk crossing her face, looking down at her boyfriends face. "Is your wonderful girlfriend less interesting than a TV?"

 

"Absolutely not, just- wanna hear it a bit more inbetween our very interesting conversations." Jesse said again in a sarcastic manner, making a stupid face whilst saying 'interesting' in a bizarre formal accent.

 

Ashley smirked again and grabbed the remote from next to her seat, turning up the volume.

 

"-aredevil Stunt Show, we've got cannons, KAPOW! We've got big trucks, KNEEEUUW. and best of all, we've got explosions. BOOM! It's all you could ever ask for, come on down to Malvina Pine tomorrow at 3pm, you'll feel like you're destroying stuff yourself, we'll destroy your away! Don't miss my special event where I'll be lighting myself on fire, it's crazy!"

 

Jesse turned his head to look at her after hearing the word stress. She did a double take from him to the TV and back.

"You are joking right?" she said confused and amused at the same time.

 

"The man said stress, I didn't. Plus you're off tomorrow." he said as he tilted both of his hands as if to shrug.

 

"That ain't happening, the loud noises will probably make it worse. That's false advertising." she pointed at the TV, acting angry for effect.

 

"Quite a good point, you never were one for destruction it seems. I thought it was cool."

 

"Not at all, I just don't see how watching destruction is any good, if I could smash a bunch of our plates with my own hands then I definitely would." she said with excitement

 

"Let me know when that's going down because I'd join you, most fun I'd have all year." 

 

The TV continued to another advertisement talking about stress.

 

"It's almost as if they know how ridiculously stressed everyone in this town is..."

 

"Maybe that's part of the plan?" Jesse said as he used his hands to form a 'mindblown' expression in front of his forehead.

 

"Down here at the Jones Stress Suite we've got multiple facilities for reliving stress, maybe it's the quiet way with an expert approved perfect massage, maybe you need to destroy something? whatever it is, we've got you covered. Come down to Jones Court and gander at our fantastic science-based facilities. It might be what gets you back to your old self!"

 

They both stared at the black screen, Jesse looked in interest at what show was coming on next, as a "MUTE" appeared on the bottom right, he turned to look at Ashley who was holding the remote forward with a blank look on her face. She turned slowly to see Jesse staring at her.

 

"Come on... really? there?" bellowed Jesse in disbelief.

 

"I want to go, you heard them, we were literally just talking about this. It could be amazing for us!" she shouted excitedly

 

"For you. At least the Johnny's daredevil stunt show whatever-the-fuck was something we could both enjoy." 

 

"You don't need to be stressed to get a massage." Ashley retorted with disappointment, she crossed her arms with a pouty puppy facial expression.

 

"Fine! But I'm NOT getting a massage, I'm gonna go get a cheeseburger or something." He said turning away from her to stare at the wall.

 

"Yeaaah! Don't worry, if it sucks we can go do something else, I just want to have a look."

 

"Whether you stay or not doesn't matter, cause I won't be there for longer than 30 seconds in both scenarios." he continued in his disappointed tone of voice.

 

"I know where it is, it's that ugly white building you can see from Mayert Estate, my co-workers and I have walked past it before."

 

"Great..." Jesse said rolling his eyes.

 

Ashley smirked, if this facility was as great as they advertised, then she was going to have a blast and relieve all of her stress in one fell swoop.