- Text Size +

"This is the only plan I can think of that makes logical sense." Jesse explained to the group.

 

The group of twenty all looked at each other with doubt & worried glares. A girl speaks up from the back-

 

"There are literally loads of other ideas you could've come up with."

 

Jesse with his interest peaked- "okay miss..?"

 

"Jodie." 

 

"Jodie. I'm open to suggestions.

 

"Escaping? Making a hole in the wall? How about literally just surviving here, like- we could make an underground base of some kind. But trying to communicate with the crazy giant alien lady? Yeah, no thanks.." She rolled her eyes.

 

"That crazy alien lady is my girlfriend & she's not crazy, she's thoughtful and-"

 

"Yeah well she literally just stomped her thoughtfulness into that building there-"

 

"Listen to me." Jesse interjected

 

"Whatever."

 

"I'm assuming there's a door a few KMs in any direction, this facility made this ridiculous technology, okay so it's safe to assume that they know people could escape under the door, I believe it's a waste of our valuable time to even attempt to look at that theory. The walls are probably incredibly hard and we are very fragile, we don't have any of the specialized tools that the rest of the world has. The town is isolated and as for surviving and simply existing?"

 

"Okay I get it, jeez."

 

"Ashley wouldn't stand for this if she knew of our existence, I know that if we can demonstrate our intelligence she could figure it out, no doubt we must look pretty realistic from up there. The thought has got to be there in her head somewhere, deep down."

 

"Yeah and what happens when she discovers us, huh? What's the next part of yur' plan?" Gus asked

 

"The facility, it knows how to shrink things. They certainly can reverse the process, we can get big and take this to court, prove the moral issues with this tech."

 

"Alright. How do we prove that we're intelligent?"

 

"It's simple."

 

-------------------

 

"Tiny people and vehicles? They never told me this, hell they never even advertised this at all."

 

Ashley walked towards the stress suite door, slammed her boots into various streets & buildings along the way as she headed through the green belt of the town. She reached the step before the door, stepping out of the town zone and onto the platform, she reaches for the door and opens it.

 

"Excuse me? anyone, I'd like to speak to someone."

 

The same man who gave her an introductory to the stress suite approached.

 

"I'm sorry ma'am but you can't leave the stress suite door open, please step outside then I'd be happy to assist you."

 

"Oh. Okay?"

 

She shuts the door behind her and begins to explain the problem.

 

"I've just seen tiny people and- and- and cars! They were moving around the floor, you guys never mentioned this to me."

 

"Don't worry ma'am, they simply are not realistic enough for us to advertise, they are not a feature in themselves, so we don't share this, it's just not that important? they are simply details. The destructive environment is the main attraction."

 

"Oh I see. They seemed so real." Ashley said quieter, calmer after she heard the explanation.

 

The man smiled with reassurance "No need to worry, ma'am. I can say unequivocally & with certainty that the details are immersion factors and are not real in any way. If you have any other questions then let me know, I'd be happy to answer. But other than that, please go and enjoy the rest of the Stress Suite session." the man spoke with a big grin on his face before walking away down the corridor.

 

He opens a room door in the corridor before turning back to Ashley still smiling, nodding, going in and closing the door behind him.

 

Ashley re-enters the room and makes sure to shut the door behind her. She steps off the platform onto a green field with a tree in it, the tree getting pulverized beneath the ankle boot sole. Ashley took a closer look at the outer town area below.

 

"Damn this is so real, I thought they only had the town layout and materials. I was just thinking about how nuts it was that they had miniature versions of materials but they have small vehicles and people? It must be robotics, it's so advanced these days."

 

She strode in a different direction, slamming her boots through the farms and even crushing a barn underfoot as she looked for somewhere else to explore, she treads back into the city, looking at the crumb-like cars below, all of varying colours, the cars closest to her shoe were turning around and driving away. 

 

"Just like a Roomba." she smirked.

 

Ashley squats towards the ground and picks up the tiny car closest to her driving away, as soon as she goes to lift it off the ground it instantly crumbles flat between her finger tips.

 

"Oops!" Ashley begins laughing. "Let's try this again."

 

She attempts to grab a second car resulting in another flattened car, it gets flicked away like an annoying crumb. After some attempts she manages to get one and bring it all the way up to her eye, staring deep into it.

 

"Woooww, the work here is so good. They are so delicate, it's like tiny tinfoil." Ashley thought to herself.

 

The car still slowly buckling from the sides even with Ashley fundamentally touching it and not even squeezing it, the car simply couldn't support even 1% of the muscle power of a finger. Ashley's fingers suddenly use 100% and compress the car, instantly destroying it as it gets pinged away by Ashley, turning her interest to the other objects below. 

 

"Well there's no way I'm gonna be able to inspect a person if I can barely pick up a car." Ashley thought to herself, surveying the wonders of the facility.

 

Ashley turns towards the digital timer on the wall. "Since I've got.. two and a half hours left, it's time to stop worrying and it's time to start enjoying it. This place is my chill zone, the place where I relax. So you know what, it's time to relax." She bends over, leaning down towards her right boot and begins lowering the zip on the ankle boot. She lifts her leg revealing a white cotton sock covered foot, placing it behind the shoe, she presses it down crushing an entire block, this time feeling it pressing into her sole.

 

"Oh my god." She said shocked, as if receiving a massage.

 

She picks up the shoe and throws it across the town, landing somewhere close to the back. She removes her other shoe and tosses it to the right, thrown with more force and less height causing it to wipe out a long stretch of town. She looks down at her feet below, seeing all the robotic AI cars turning away, following code to evade obstructions, as well as the robotic people programmed to run away from destruction events.

 

"Don't run away, Ashley is here to relieve some stress." She said, playing the part and enjoying her roleplay.

 

 

------------------

 

 

"Hey, Jack how we looking up there?" said Jesse

 

"Radical my man, I can read it real good, there's no way she won't see that." Jack spoke into his radio back to Jesse down below.

 

Jack was riding in his chopper, they had one or two in the entire town and he always wanted an excuse to use it, not to mention this plan that Gus mentioned to him. He'd been flying around at the moment the incident happen, he was the most convinced besides Jesse about what was happening, he'd had the best view of the giant lady striding around their town killing thousands. He wasn't going to let this be their end, clones or not.

 

"SOS" Jack read it outloud to himself. "Save our souls, god knows they exist."

 

What he has been watching below is a carefully orchestrated communication plan, using all cars of the same colour green, they have constructed the letters "SOS" in a car park nearby. The green on grey combination should make their message clear as day. Now was time to get her attention.

 

"Alrighty Jack, we've gotta bait Ashley in. Whatever it takes." said Jesse

 

"Don't worry my man, Jacky is on it. I'll keep you posted." Jack finished his sentence and began pulling his chopper out and headed backwards in search of the massive woman.

 

Down below Gus approaches Jesse, out of breath from leading the coordination of the mission.

 

"Listen Jesse, I trust you, yur' plan is good. But- whatta we gone do if it fails? it's readable, sure. But there's always a chance." Gus explained to Jesse honestly.

 

"If it comes to that Gus, our backup is Jack in the skies, he'll transport us to the door, we'll wait for her to open it and we'll escape into the big world." Jesse put his hands on Gus' shoulder in a firm but friendly grasp.

 

 

The radio sparks up. "I've got eyes on the prize, people."

 

"What do you see?"

 

"I see her shins in the distance, she's a few thousand feet out. But she's smashing the place up. Definitely getting her money's worth on this place."

 

"To be expected, she doesn't know yet. Get in position for distraction."

 

"Oh no can do buster, I'm getting serious winds out here from those stomps and I ain't anywhere near the woman yet."

 

"How high can you get?"

 

"Uhhh.. pretty high."

 

"If you can get to waist level you can avoid the winds traversing the town below and be more visible." Jesse explained.

 

Jack responds loudly "You're asking me to basically sacrifice my life, y'know that, son?"

 

"Look at all those people down there Jack, they are everything we know and have. We have to. We don't have a choice."

 

Jack sighs "You don't gotta lecture me, son." He starts rising his helicopter into the air. "I know my duties."

 

 

---------------

 

 

Down below entire blocks of neighbourhoods, favourite restaurants, graveyards, memories & lives are being stomped out of existence by the monolithic feet of Ashley Palmer, everytime her feet slam into the floor shock waves of rubble & dirt can be seen spreading a miles radius outwards from the stomp, when it lifts everything underneath becomes a ghost town. A grey flattened wasteland in the shape of a foot print. Buildings once filled with people, appliances & animals. Streets filled with kids, cars & street lamps, all compressed into the same flat plane, no matter their strength or density, they stood no chance at the powerful force that was Ashley.

 

To the single survivor entering the stomped street, it looks like an apocalyptic wasteland of rubble & red stains littered randomly over the pavements, but no sign of bodies. The distant sound of thumping lifting their entire body off the ground. Before realizing the booming was increasing not distancing itself, a shadow appeared over him, it had never crossed his mind that the creature would enter another area she'd already removed from existence. He looked up seeing the gigantic foot shaped object entering his view and dropping, his brain connected dots as it did it's last calculations realizing he was being crushed by a human foot. A sudden last epiphany was made in his mind that this is where the stains came from before the bottom of the sock sunk it's weight so hard into him that his body was forced through it, instantly being sliced into hundreds of pieces by the sock stands. Most of his body meat stuck somewhere between the outside of the sock and the inside, leaving nothing but another red stain on the outside.

 

Above Ashley was discovering just how fun this Stress Suite was and why they were so successful, she was finding new ways to destroy the buildings and robots beneath, sometimes she would crush a building in her hand and throw its dust through the air like fairy dust, sometimes she would kick a building into the wall across the room. But most of the time she would simply lift her foot and crush downwards, obliterating anything underneath. 

 

She lifted her leg behind her, grabbing her ankle and looking backwards to survey the bottom of her socks. Noticing that they were becoming more grey with every street she destroyed, however she did not notice the thousands of crumb sized stains litered all over the sole, from her view it just looked more grey/white than anything.

 

She took a deep breath saying- "Time for a rest!" before dropping her behind towards the floor.

 

Her ass collided with the floor like a meteor, all of the weight of her body condensing on the town and creating rubble beneath her. She put her hands to her side on the ground to support herself whilst she leaned back a bit and looked at the ceiling, catching her breath. But before she could even relax she noticed a black object, "a fly?" she thought. No, this isn't a fly, it's too slow and quiet. It's a helicopter.

 

"They've got helicopters too? This is really really impressive." Ashley shouted ecstatically whilst rising to her feet.

 

Jack's chopper instantly pulls a 180 knowing that their target is heading in his general direction.

 

"I'm bringing the party to y'all." Jack shouted into his radio as the chase began.

Chapter End Notes:

-------

 

Hope you enjoyed that lovely chapter. More to come, hopefully.