- Text Size +

4 weeks later.

 

Ashley and Jessie are laying on the couch watching TV, not really paying attention but just talking to each other.

"Hey Jessie, have you ever thought about how I went to a Stress Suite and ended up being more stressed." Ashley joked whilst laughing.

"That's pretty ironic isn't it? They are kinda terrible at their jobs."

"Yeah, well they've been shut down temporarily, hopefully forever. All because of your badass tiny clone." Ashley joked whilst punching his shoulder. - "How did you even do that?"

"It- it wasn't me." He said confused

"Oh, yeah, right." She realized

"He started as my clone, but he has truly changed. He isn't me at all anymore. He's something different." Jessie explained. Ashley looked over at Jessies face and back at the TV. Her phone went off in her pocket, she pulled it out, reading: "Text from Detective Clarke: I have managed to get you full access to the crime scene, so please cooperate, it would be very helpful. You will need to testify with the tinies you snuck out, they've been resized and are at the police station.". Ashley stood up from the couch.

"I'm going to go to the crime scene later tonight." She explained

"Why would you go back there?" Jessie responded

"Because I want to help, I've got things to take care of."

 

Clone Jessie stood outside on the pavement, looking out ahead, his mind reminding him that this was there the SOS sign was setup, his eyes looked to the left remembering the giant sock and Gus' mental breakdown that got him killed. This was the exact spot. 

"Hello, Jesse Curran."

He turned to meet a woman dressed in formal clothing, a white blouse with a blazer, baggy slacks and black shiny pumps. He looked at her confused as he'd never seen her before in his life. She extended her hand.

"Detective Clarke. Nice to finally meet you." she said smiling.

"Yeah..." he shook her hand.

"I have a proposition for you. I'd like for you to join my investigative team."

"You've got the wrong guy. The real Jessie lives on Cedar Street, apartment 7." he explained whilst turning away

"Why would I want him?" She said raising an eyebrow, he turned back to face her with a curious look.

"If you don't want him then you don't want me. We're the same guy remember."

"On the contrary, Jessie. You were his clone for five seconds before you were exposed to radical changes in your life, personality shifting changes. You've developed incredible leadership abilities that other Jessie never could, you've risen through an apocalypse with an army and battled against an organisation that were 600x bigger than you, figuratively and literally."

"You seem to know a lot about me." said Jessie

"It's my job to know everything about a case when I'm dealing with it. I'm on the Stress Suite case on behalf of the FBI, I deal with cases of misuse of science & technology. Ten years ago when they developed shrinking technology, it was my job to inspect them, make sure everything went smoothly. This tech has been the worst one in recent times and I'm dealing with something new every 8 months. I need a partner, Jessie. You have extreme tenacity and experience, that's what I need. Are you my guy?"

"We take down companies who misuse technology?"

"Correct."

"I'm in. My first request is that you give Ashley Palmer full access to the Stress Suite crime scene, she's the reason I'm alive."

"Consider it done, I'll be in touch. Agent Curran." She said whilst smirking at Jessie.

 

Later that day...

 

Agent Curran was seated at a cafe outside, sipping his coffee whilst reading the newspaper about the story of the Stress Suite. The story detailed nothing about what the cloning process and just mentions the destructive cities, stating that people disagreed with the ethics of destroying a city. Jessie was angered by this misinformed bias, what else can you expect from a big company with even bigger pockets?

Suddenly he felt something, very lightly... but it was there. He leaned in, lowering his newspaper. Struggling to hear it again, he looked at his coffee then saw it ripple randomly, squinting his eyes and leaning closer to it. It rippled again, this time slightly more. Then he started to feel it himself, as his phone rang. He quickly picked it up, standing up and walking down the sidewalk looking down streets.

"Hey Curran, can you come down to the Stress Suite crime scene?"

"Right now?" He asked, frustrated.

"Yeah, I have lots of questions, you're the perfect guy. Can you get here now?" Clarke requested.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Jessie hung up his phone, then froze and focussed. This time it hit way harder, shaking his body. He quicky ran out into the middle of the street, many cars having to swerve past him and honk at him due to his idiocy. He looked up the street, deep into the distance. Jessie spotted colossal black pumps stomping down the street at extreme speed. Jessies expression shifted to absolute horror.

"No, no, no, no, no" he mumbled frantically as he ran towards his car, speeding down the road breaking all speed laws, calling Detective Clarke. No answer. He cursed loudly whilst throwing his phone on the seat next to him, driving in the direction of the Stress Suite, also the direction of the massive shoes.

Ahead Jessie could see the black heels crushing buildings and stomping through streets, kicking things. He intended to speed straight under the legs and get to the Stress Suite. As he approached closer the black pumps slammed in front of him causing him to crash into the thick leather front of the shoe. He kicked his door open, bleeding everywhere and stumbling to his knees. He lay on his back upwards at the colossal being above.

"Fuck me." was all that he could utter as the being looked down at him, unveiling them to be Detective Clarke. She then lifted her shoe out the ground into the sky, creating an extremely intense rumbling, only for her to launch it straight back into the ground, the sole encompassing Jessies entire view, crushing him alive.

The door opens behind Clarke as she is walking through the clone city, stepping on buildings and cars.

"Excuse me ma'am. Curran is here."

"Thanks Jean, send him in." She said without breaking focus from her feet below.

Agent Curran enters the room "Detective, what do you need me for- what- what the hell are you doing?"

 

"I'm investigating the cities. I want to see if it's an instant cloning process or not."

 

"But, there are people down there."

 

"It's nearly impossible to not hurt any of them. I've got to do what I can to understand system. It will be the last cloning this site ever performs."

 

Later that night all the crime scene investigators had left the crime scene and went home, Ashley headed in the front of the building to do some investigating of her own. She wandered through the reception area. There were lots of blood stains still over the walls, as well as tiny ones up the corridor in various places. However these red stains were 2cm wide, not miniscule. How bizarre, thought Ashley.

She headed down to the basement, she had never been here before. Noticing all the storage rooms, opening the first door was met with dusty furniture, the second room filled with lots of boxes of documents. The third door however led to a computer room of some kind, logging onto the PC she was able to scroll through the data storage there, they had backups of everything, the town from last year, exact times and dates. Reading into yesterdays snapshot of the town she was able to use the custom software the company had to isolate individual data sets.

She wandered into the resizing room, looking into the computer there also, there custom software showcased very specific settings, you could shrink people to exact sizes, you however can't grow them higher than 100% of their current height. Ashley looked at the machine and then back in the direction of the storage room, a smirk forming.

 

Suzanne awoke on a carpeted floor in complete darkness, fumbling around she began to panic, she realized quickly after trying to move that she was stuck to the floor, something holding her down.

"HELLO?" She shouted, hearing rustling in the darkness, near her.

"Who are you? Why did you kidnap me?" The director demanded answers of her captor. The silence filled her ears as if it were music blasting out of speakers, the unbearable lack of clarity in this situation was killing her, she had no control over what was happening. Before she could ask further questions she heard a zip zipping, like someone taking off a jacket, followed by the rustling of some kind of material rubbing against something. She felt booming, easing closer to her. Her breaths quickened, she began to panic. Suddenly before she would pass out from fear, the lights flicked on.

Above Suzanne, a colossal Ashley stood. Suzannes eyes lowered to the floor to see ankle boots lying on their side as well as socks hanging out of them. Ashley had an evil look in her eyes and smile. The director concluded that she must have been approximately 2cm tall, nowhere near as small as the tiny clones and that she was taped to the floor. She began shaking furiously.

"What in gods name do you think you are doing?? Release me immediately!" Suzanne cried out.

"Today was very stressful, I'm looking for some relief..." Ashley whispered as she stepped closer, slowly. Her soft feet pressing delicately into the floor, she continously stepped closer and closer until her toes were a breath away from the directors feet, pressing her toes downwards so that her nails were facing forward. Suzanne looked forward at her reflection in the black glossy nails, seeing herself taped to the floor.

"I'm not your stress relief, girlie! You seriously think you can shrink me and kill me? do you have any idea what people will do to you? they will rip out your eyeballs and burn you alive, not to mention your family." she frantically spasmed from side to side attempting to get loose.

"Oh nobody will come looking for you, nobody will do anything to me or my family because you're not gonna die." Ashley said with her hands behind her back looking down at the director.

"I'm- I'm not?" she said with relief.

"Nope. But your clone is. Your clone is going to be my stress relief, because that's what they are for, they don't impact the real world, isn't that what you said?" Ashleys smirk was growing larger by the second.

"Where is my clone then? huh?" Suzanne said in confusion, looking around.

Ashley snickered, taking a deep breath afterwards from the laughing. "Aren't you mean't to be a scientist? Whatever. I'll show you where the clone is, they are right... here."

Ashley's gargantuan foot left the ground, lifting into the air above the director, it instantly connected in her head below as the foot slowly began lowering.

"NO, NO!! You cloned me?? you stupid bitch!!" Suzanne kept wriggling and shaking, anger building up deep within her. Looking up at the soft pale sole getting closer and closer.

"I figured I'd make you 2cm for this instead of 2mm, because 2mm was too fast, too easy. I want you to realize what it's like to be a clone who believes they are real. I'm starting to really see your side."

The sole now 1 metre for Suzanne from her face, frantically moving her head side to side. "AAAAHHHHH!!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Clones really are just great stress relief for real people, like me."

Suzannes screams became muffled as the flesh filled ball of Ashley's sole sunk straight into her face, the muffled screams getting quieter, the rest of the foot covering her body. Ashley's toes moved downwards getting closer to the ground as the hydraulic press that is Ashley Palmers bare foot kept advancing, out of nowhere the cracking could be heard, starting with a small snap, her muffled scream doubled in volume as her rib snapped, followed by her pelvis, then all the ribs in a row as the foot broke the chest barrier. Ashley smirk grew stronger.

"Crush for me, clone." Ashley unleashed her true weight pressing entirely forward, Suzannes body errupting into meaty crunch, hundreds of bones breaking at the same time, the body frantically twitching, the nerves unable to contain such a ridiculous level of damage and pain, Ashley deliberately left her head above the ball, under the toes just so she'd stay alive longer. The sole of her foot finally made contact with the floor underneath after forcing it's mass through the directors body. Ashley then rolled her foot completely down, lifting her other leg off the floor causing the fleshy ball of her foot to steamroll Suzannes skull, crushing it into a pancake-like form. Ashley held this weight on one foot for a bit, then put her other foot back down. Followed up by some twisting creating further crunching noises, she was surprised there were any bones left to break in this mangled body. Ashley was satisfied, keep her weight down looking up at the ceiling exhaling a massive breath.

"Wow, that felt way better than the city." she whispered with her eyes closed.

She decided the fun was over, she lifted her foot off the carpet unfortunately Suzannes mangled body wouldn't seperate and create meat-like strings between her foot and the carpet, not allowing her foot to rise. Ashley looked in disgust before planting her foot and scraping backwards, disconnecting the viscery from it. She looked down at the unidentifiable meat sack that was Suzanne Anderson. Her bones turned to dust and her organs destroyed. Ashley cleaned up the mess in the furniture storage room before looking at the computer once again. Incredibly satisfied with her service.

 

Meanwhile...

The black van sped through the countryside near another city, the soliders half asleep inside. Holding Suzanne and transporting her someplace, she assumed from their choice to sleep and them rescuing her from arrest that it was the board that saved her.

"Pull over the van right here." She shouted at the driver, her loud voice waking up a sleeping solider. The van did as told and pulled over to the side of a bridge with a raging river. They truly were in the middle of nowhere. She slid the vans door open, staring down at her blue weapon she had used to kill many people the government would now deem real due to their size. She threw the gun full force in the sky, it plopped into the water and began travelling downstream. She closed the door and the van continued driving.

 

The weapon travelled downstream for hours before getting caught on a rock, an indefinitely amount of time passed, at least a few seasons. A pair of feet show up, a pair of white trainers with some skinny ankles, a slender skinny female hand reaches down and grips the weapon lifting it up and inspecting it, she places it in her jacket before turning and walking away.

 

The End.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading if you did, if you read the whole thing I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm planning something bigger outside of this story alone. I must sleep now as I've been writing for 9 hours straight