- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please comment and let me know what youd like to see in the future and ill try to add it

Dave woke up the next morning and weighed himself on his bathroom scale. 


"Wow, a whole 10 lbs!" He said. He looked at himself shirtless in the mirror and couldn't really see a difference. But hey, numbers don't lie. 


He was about to go tell Sarah the good news, but after last night, he doubted she'd be happy with any news about the drug he injected himself with. 


He got ready for work and noticed his clothes were a bit looser. More evidence of his success in weight loss. 


When he got to work he immediately started on writing up the paperwork on his new drug to have it reviewed. 


Not long after sending it to his boss, he heard a knock on his lab door and Tiffany walked in. 


"Mr. Edwards asked me to review your work. Seems like he wants me to get used to being in charge around here." She said smugly. 


Sighing to himself, Dave turned around to look at her and was surprised by what he saw. The usually flat chested woman was sporting two respectable sized bumps on her chest. 


Tiffany must have noticed his staring. "Eyes up here perv. And yes, this is just more evidence of how successful my work is." 


"Oh uh, well…" he stammered, embarrassed for being caught staring. 


"Just hand over your report." She said sticking her hand out. 


"Oh, here you go. I assure you it works." He said proudly. 


"Well we will see about that." She said as she grabbed the papers. "By the way, you might want to get a bigger rat if you're testing out a fat shrinking drug. That thing is basically a mouse." 


With that she turned and left him alone. Dave was a bit confused by her remark and turned to look at his test rat. He hadn't thought to check on it when he came in this morning. 


His eyes grew wide. The thing was positively puny! It hadn't just lost weight, it had lost size! 


"What the hell is going on?" He said as he took it out of its cage to take measurements. It was clear that it had shrunk a significant amount. 


He began to grow concerned for himself and stood up. His loose clothing seemed a bit larger than they did this morning. He took out his measuring tape and checked his height. 


"Holy shit. I've shrunk a whole 6 inches." He gasped. 


In a panic, Dave collected his things and left work early to head home. He needed to collect his thoughts and figure out what was going on. 


When he got home he went to the bathroom to inspect himself. Sarah wasn't home from work yet so he had some time to come up with something to tell her. 


He took off his clothes and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked exactly as he did before his injection, but it seemed like everything else in the room was bigger. 


He took out a tape measure to remeasure himself. 


"7 inches?" Had he really shrunk another inch since he left work? Was it accelerating? Was it happening in bursts? 


He put on some loose pajamas and sat down at the kitchen table with a notepad and pen. He had to come up with a solution to stop this. He regretted not bringing the rat home with him to inspect. 


How long will it take before the effects end? Will he regrow when it's over? Will he need to develop a counter drug? 


He decided to hope for the best, but plan for the worst and went about writing some ideas for a counter drug for this. 


He still didn't know if he should tell anyone at work about this or not. He could kiss that promotion goodbye. 


The sound of the door opening brought him out of his thoughts and he looked up to see Sarah walking in. 


"Oh you're home early" she said seeing him there. 


"Yeah, I had some stuff to do here so I took a half day." He answered. 


"What did you have to do here?" She asked curiously. 


Knowing she was gonna find out eventually, he braces himself for her reaction and stood up. 


"Notice anything strange?" He asked. 


She looked over at him with a confused look on her face. She walked over to him and her eyes grew wide as she looked him directly in the face. 


"Oh my God! You're my height! What happened?" She asked. 


"Turns out that drug I was testing shrinks more than just fat." He said dejectedly. 


She slapped him on the shoulder. "I told you that was a stupid idea. And now look at you. Are you still shrinking? Or is this it?" 


"Well, I'm not sure, but I don't think it's over yet. I need to find a way to stop it. I tested it on a rat at work before myself, and he's shrunk more than I have. Odds are whatever happens to him, will happen to me." 


"You are the dumbest person with a PhD I have ever met." She said angrily. 


"I know baby. I'm sorry. I fucked up. But I'll fix it. I know I will. I just need to focus." 


The rest of his evening was spent with Sarah, trying to calm her down and reassure her that he would fix this. 

 

And reassure himself.

Chapter End Notes:



Thanks for reading. Please leave a review.