- Text Size +

 

Chapter 9: Bliss

 

Yun didn’t hold back.

 

She quickly outgrew that star system several times over. The dark-haired woman didn’t bothering warping to other occupied star systems, even as their activity became more and more clear. She could spy on worlds millions of light years away, but she knew if she just kept growing, she’d get to them in time.


She was right.

 

If one could view the Milky Way galaxy top down, they would have see the gigantic fair-skinned woman growing right out of one of its spiral arms. The beautiful colors of purple, blue, and white starry lights disappeared on contact with her body.

 

Even though there was so much empty space, she had reached the point where her aura of absorption was so strong and expansive that even the spacetime fabric enveloping her body flew into her at immense speeds. In between the nebulae, stars, planets, dyson-spheres and artificial worlds, it was that very fundamental underpinning of the universe that fed her and kept her growth going. The very dimensions of reality went from a light snack to one of her main staples as she grew bigger than any one self had the right to be.

 

The more of the universe Yun absorbed, the more her powers and body grew. Despite the raw ecstasy offered by all that matter, and all those minds dissolving within her, she still managed to hold some degree of focus. Nothing escaped her awareness. By the time any of the various system-spanning empires of the Milky Way entered her body to be dissolved, she had already learned what each member of their species looked like and their thoughts. She could ‘see’ in her own way each delicious planet’s details down to the very last atom. She didn’t *care* about any of that, but she knew it. Even if the sapient minds could comprehend that, it likely wouldn’t have been any consolation when she dissolved their minds near-instantly.

 

In a matter of seconds Yun’s body poked out of the center of the Milky Way galaxy. Little she encountered could even comprehend her, let alone stand up to her. The brightest, hottest stars couldn’t even be considered tickles, and it was black holes that couldn’t escape *her* tug, not the other way around.

 

The spirals of humanity’s home galaxy folded in on the former business woman like the long petals of a flower. It was fully and entirely hers. To Yun, it always was, it just wasn’t actually in her form yet. The 20-year old woman quickly consumed the galaxy down to the last star, and she had never once felt more fulfilled, nor more pleased. Her absorption of that galaxy was to the melody of more than a few moans.

 

Yun now stood several times larger than any galaxy had ever been. There was still so much to do, though, and she quickly got back to work sucking up all of the universe around her.

 

Far away mere millions of light years from the edge of the universe, one civilization began to detect vast disturbances in the underpinnings of the cosmos. A great wound in the universe was getting worse billions of light years away. Spacetime along with all other quantum fields were subject to a gradually growing displacement: tears in the fabric. Not literally, though, as whatever anomaly was taking place wasn’t just ripping the fields apart. That would be fixable in theory. No, it was removing them. Eating them.

 

The civilization went to investigate, and warped to a point just a few million light years away from the disturbance.

 

Yun had paused when the metallic triangular construct appeared before her. Roughly the size of a galaxy overall, it seemed a pillow in scale to her. She gleamed the object’s nature fast enough. There was the energy of an entire galaxy within that construct, as well as countless minds within the comparatively thin thing.

 

The advanced civilization wasn’t the first intelligent species in the universe to exist, but they were the fist that was still around. When Earth’s Sun was but blip, their kind had long since harnessed all the power of the twin stars of their home system. Well before humans walked the Earth, they had wrapped their entire dying galaxy into a great super structure to harness every bit of energy it offered.

 

There was a small concavity at the top triangle wherein shined a large glowing disc of light. It shimmered and pulsed as the civilization communicated in unison. All with all their acts, the thoughts of all their kind were tallied, collated and considered in order to reach the collective decision transmitted.

 

“For the good of the universe, you must be destroyed.”, was the message sent.

 

Yun simply smirked in response.

 

The triangle pivoted to face its glowing top towards Yun. In contrast to the Milky Way’s “barred spiral” nature, the shape of the civilization’s harnessed galaxy was lenticular. That is, if one could see it before their technology took hold, it’d look something like a lens. The civilization took that property into consideration with their construct’s design.

 

With a resonating hum, the glowing disc of the triangle shined with the luminescence of billions of stars. Moments later, the immense construct fired a broad blazing beam with the energy of a galaxy behind it. As the ineffably hot beam hit Yun square in her middle, dimples formed on the triangular structure’s sleek surface. From the divots came cylindrical blasts of hard-light, which were mere stars in width by comparison.

 

The construct hummed and vibrated as the civilization put almost everything they had into the attack. So much energy was used, the attacks so bright and incandescent, that even their advanced sensors were clouded. They couldn’t make out how this threat was reacting, but they could hear a great and powerful sound of hers rocking the makeup of the construct.

 

Her moans.

 

When they used all the energy they could spare, and the beams died down, they at last had a visual again. Her porcelain skin didn’t have a single mark on it, and she almost doubled in size from their attack.

 

Yun’s brown eyes focused on the triangle before her. She spoke aloud and into their collective minds.

 

“You were trying to hurt me weren’t you? You expected me to just split open? Well, I can help with that last bit~”

 

Giggling, Yun opened a vertical maw down the length of her abdomen: from below-breast to her waist. Hundreds of tentacles as long and thick as galactic arms slipped out from the moist fang-lined cavity. They were supported by millions of smaller tendrils ranging in thickness from stars to moons. All the moist appendages wiggled in anticipation before shooting out in clumps to ensnare the treat before her.

 

The civilization was under attack. They tried to warp out, but Yun’s powers held them in place. They couldn’t comprehend how, even. Her power was unknowable to their minds. For the first time in billions of years, the civilization seemed outmatched.

 

The advanced civilization did not progress far as they had by being stubborn. Quintillions of minds debated among one another in pure thought to decide their next move. The decision reached was unprecedented.

 

“Please, stop.” said the civilization. As before, the voice was not one person, but a representation of a sort of consensus. An emergent consciousness, in a sense. It spoke in ways it figured only Yun could here.

 

“We apologize. We acknowledge you as reality’s ruler. Please cease your destruction of the universe. We will worship you. We will slave for you and give you anything you desire that we can produce.”

 

Yun erupted in laughter. She responded.

 

“What simple minded things to say. Don’t you realize, there’s nothing you could offer me more valuable than becoming a part of my being? I’m not destroying the universe, I’m simply taking what’s mine: everything.”

 

All Yun’s tentacles surged out. The construct was overwhelmed. The enlightened woman’s appendages easily pierced its galaxy-spanning hull. Every nook and cranny was infested with constantly fracturing and branching tentacles. The appendages were in a wide variety of thicknesses now. They spread fleshy films which grew like moss, only countless times faster.

 

The civilization felt the closest thing to despair they could. They wondered if things would have been different if perhaps if they had noticed the anomaly sooner. Perhaps if she had consumed spacetime in earnest while in a weaker state, they might had gotten to her in time. Was there ever a time they could’ve stopped her? These were all questions they knew they’d never get the answers to.

 

The beings which made up the civilization had long since ditched their original bodies for something more resilient and less tangible, but she could take even that. Tentacles the thickness of atoms wormed their way into the minute etchings from which the consciousnesses manifested. Nothing would escape Yun. All was hers. She just had to take it, engulf it back into her being. Her beauty. Her self.

 

Already partially digested, Yun tugged the triangular construct into the galaxy-swallowing maw. The orifice sealed, and gnashing teeth worked with vicious fluids to finish digesting the super structure. Yun shuddered as oodles of mass and energy filled her form. Ecstasy spiked to yet another new height, enough to make even her divine form shiver in reflex.


That was before she even dissolved the most complex minds yet.

 

Within Yun’s body, all those quintillions of advanced beings found themselves separated from their mental links. It was entirely unfamiliar, and they floundered in a unique mix of confusion and desire that Yun found particularly delectable.

 

She dissolved them all at once, them her bliss-spasmed body surged up past the size of galactic super-clusters.


She kept going.


‘Now is the time!’, Yun thought.

 

‘The time to absorb everything! To be everything in every sense of the word!’

 

The universe sunk faster and faster into Yun’s body as though it were a hole in reality. She wasted no more time. There was no more exploration or teasing of the lesser selves scattered among the cosmos. Minds were absorbed soon as they entered her aura. She didn’t even bother trying to touch them first, as Yun’s body was but a vessel for her true divine mind.

 

That advanced civilization she finished off was the best and most progressed the universe had to offer. No other form of life could even remotely comprehend her as she slurped up the entire cosmos. They couldn’t even figure out what was happening to them. One of the most advanced sensed only an endless, fair-skinned plane of flesh countless light years away for less than a single *second* before they were gone. Engulfed. Absorbed.

 

With spacetime itself funneling into her vast self, countless fluctuations affected the sapient beings who were close by. A warble in the fabric could mean a quick and painless absorption for some, but others watched for a period of centuries, millennia, or even eons as pale-skin dominated their horizon. They couldn’t even live their lives normally during this time, as the anomalies in space made distance unreliable to say the least. Buildings stretched and contorted. Lovers holding hands had their arms stretch then snap off as a meter became a mile before snapping back to a meter again.

 

The relativity of time became a curse. Of the few civilizations that achieved immortality, many quickly regretted it as they suffered in chaos till they got lucky enough for some incomprehensible malfunction of physics to kill them. They took the first chance they could to jump into a crack in the planet, or swim in the magma which seeped out from their disordered and dying worlds.

 

All these calamities happened in ranges that spanned millions, then hundreds of millions of light years from Yun’s body. Such was the reach of her immense power which caused such tortures without her even trying. The physics fields permeating the universe was like the body of the cosmos, and in a sense, like any body, it grew sicker the more Yun devoured it.

 

From another perspective, Yun’s, she was just becoming whole. The morality of it wasn’t a question she asked herself in the moment. The universe was hers. She felt the connection. It was just scattered. She’d bring the pieces together. She’d get it all; have it all.

 

Time was relative: dependent on the observer. To Yun, the only worthwhile observer--the only perspective worth any consideration--was hers. So while the process of an insignificant civilization’s absorption may have taken eons for them, for Yun it was less than a minute to ingest the entire universe.

 

Every single quark of every single star was hers. Every bit of dark energy and matter. Light itself? All Yun’s. There was only enough space for her body to move, and she constantly absorbed it as her body squirmed: feet kicking, toes curling.

 

She felt bliss untold. Ecstasy near unbound. But, she was still missing something. She still wasn’t whole. Yun realized it was time to ditch the vessel of the body. Although she absorbed spacetime outside herself, and the physics fields outside herself, she always kept those fabrics of reality within to have a standard feeling of her body.

 

Yun focused, and absorbed her own body, and the last bits of the old universe, into her divine self.

 

She had done it. If she needed eyes to see, the 20-year old would have cried with them. Yun was so happy; she finally felt whole.

 

Bliss permeated her. Her euphoria was unbounded. The power she experienced in this state was miles--no, light years--above what she had ever known.

 

Yun was finally everything. Her self was both infinitesimal and infinite. She felt she could do anything. She knew what omnipotence was; she possessed it. She could make galaxies within herself: universes, even. She proved it to herself by quickly manifesting a spiral of stars within her body. She populated it with random copies of the humans and aliens she absorbed earlier, then made a familiar humanoid body of her own to loom over it all.

 

As quickly as she made it, though, she reabsorbed it. It occurred to Yun she could easily create infinite universes to rule over as an omnipotent being, countless times over. She could be worshiped by perfect lifeforms of her creation for all eternity.

 

As nice as that sounded, Yun dismissed the idea. In order to do that, she’d have to expend the barest fraction of her energy. It was nothing she couldn’t reabsorb at any time. No matter how grand a queendom she made, she’d always have the ability to absorb it faster than any other conceivable lifeform could comprehend.

 

However, even just a *centillionth* of her power, a near infinitesimal amount, translated to a sense of wholeness and pleasure for the divine Yun. Yun had a constant feeling of euphoria humming in her being. Bliss beyond any other mind’s ability to understand. To lose even that small of a fraction of it meant losing a feeling of sublimity and pleasure equivalent to that of absorbing all of humanity many *centillions* of times over.

 

Yun could have created countless trillions of universes filled with lifeforms designed in both body and mind to attend to her every whim, push every button. They’d exist in a constant state of obsequious flattery and live in the juices of her never-ending ecstasies. Yet, with her ascendant mind she knew without even trying that it wouldn’t be worth it. Even that level of pleasure wouldn’t be worth a fraction of a fraction of the most minuscule, insignificant fraction of her energy.

 

So, Yun decided to stay whole. She could always change her mind if she wanted to. Meditation taught her about the importance of being willing to change, if need be.

 

But, as it turned out, there was simply no feeling better for Yun than being herself.

 

Fin