- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's the intro chapter.

"Alright, the drinks are set up and I'm taking the jalepeno poppers out of the oven soon," said Hannah.  The middle-aged blonde bombshell of a wife was having what was turning out to be a very stressful day for her.  She was throwing the annual block party, and there were currently almost thierty people scheduled to show up.  Married to a handsome and rich CEO, Hannah's house was naturally the largest on the street.  This meant that every year, she personally volunteered to show it off.

 

"Looks great, honey," Chris said.  He knew how big of a day this was for his wife.  He and his wife loved flaunting their home, their wealth and even their kids.  Chris and Hannah had three children, ages eighteen, sixteen and thirteen.  They were all athletic and extremely popular.  Even Hannah's mom, Delores, who lived with them, looked like she could've been an older actress.  "By the way Hannah, I invited the Nelson family from down at the end of the block."

 

Hannah's head snapped up in alarm!  What!  Why did you invite those losers," she said in a very annoyed tone.  Image mattered more than pretty much anything to Hannah.  Her life wasn't perfect, but she wanted all of her neighbors to think that it was.  What she really didn't need was that strange family coming.  

 

In reality, it wsan't even the family that nanoyed her, it was just the father.  Mark Nelson was a strange man.  Hannah knew that Mark was a scientist, and for some reason he gave off a geeky vibe similar to Wayne Szalinski from those Honey I Shrunk the Kids movies.  His wife and kids were actually pretty normal.

 

Chris was the much more accepting of the two.  While he wasn't thrilled to be inviting the Nelson family, it seemed like the right thing to do.  Plus, the last thing he thought they needed was for the nrighbors to find out they purposely excluded people.  "Hannah, you know we should," he said with a raised eyebrow.

 

Hannah gave a defeated look.  "Fine, I guess they'll just make us look better," she giggled.  Chris laughed at this too.  "Now can you and the kids go outside and finish setting up?" she asked.  "The catering will be here soon and the guests will start showing up any minute now!"

 

Leaning in for a kiss, Chris grabbed a handful of Hannah's ass, covered by a think, black sundress.  He winked and started to walk outside.  "Kids, come down and help!"

 

--

 

Meanwhile, at the houes at the end of the block, everything was relatively quiet.  The Nelson family mainly kept to themselves, and tended not to socialize with their neighbors very much.  The patriarch of the family was Mark Nelson, a PHD in molecular physics.  The genius was working on a piece of technology to reduce the mass of an object.  To the common person, it could even be referred to as a shrink ray.

 

Mark had been trying to perfect this technology for years.  It should've been done sooner, but the responsibilities of being a loving father and husband had slowed him down.  He lived with his lovely, brunette nurse of a wife, Judie and their three kids:  Cassidy, Edgar and Victoria.  Cassidy was a brunette who had just turned twenty-one and was going to be a senior in college, and was loving spending this summer hanging out and drinking with her friends.  Edgar was an eighteen-year-old who just graduated from high school and was preparing for college.  He looked a lot like his dad, especially in the face with the glasses, though he was a bit more athletic and worked out a little more.  Victoria was a fourteen-year-old who was going to be a freshman in high school.  She had a bit of a crush on one of her neighbors named Nate, who was also going to be a guest at the party.

 

Also staying with the family was Judie's older sister, Sylvia.  Sylvia had a short, blonde, middle-aged woman's haircut, and was recently divorced.  She was looking forward to this block party and hoping to relax and have some fun, maybe even meeting a cute younger guy.

 

As Mark continued to tinker with the device, the door to the attic swung open.  "Mark are you ready?" a feminine voice called out.  It was Judie.  She had startled Mark and caused him to hump nearly a foot.  Mark turned to see his wife, and somehow both of them completely missed witnessing a strange green beam firing out of the window down the street.  More specifically, the beam went directly towards Hannah's house.

 

"Sweetie, what're you doing up here?" Judie asked curiously.

 

"Oh hi, I was just, working on the matter reduction experiments," Mark said in an embarrassed tone.  He knew his wife often faked interest in his physics experiments.  He knew time had gotten away from him.  "I'll be right down," he said, starting to walk out of the room.  The machine wasn't going anywhere.  He oculd always work on it later.

 

--

 

Back at Chris and Hannah's house, they were having a wonderful time showing off and being the "perfect" party hosts.  Chris and Hannah were talking by the gate as guests walked by, making sure to exchange pleasantries.  They made sure to wait around with their kids:  Chelsesa, who was eighteen, Vanessa who was sixteen and Craig who was thirteen.  Delores was also loitering around and joking with Hannah.

 

Glancing around the yard, Hannah was very proud of the party she had put together.  There was a picnic table full of food, a bar area where guests were helping themselves to alcoholic beverages, an in-ground pool area where people could swim or tan, and a grassy area where yard games like baggo were set up.

 

Everything seemed perfect.  Which is why everyone was shocked when there was a bright, blinding, green light.  It lasted for almost five full seconds.  When it cleared, all thirty-five people in the backyard appeared to vanish.  In reality, if anyone wanted to find them, they would've either needed a magnifying glass or to get very close to the ground.

 

As it turned out, Mark Nelson's matter reduction machine had made every single person in Chris and Hannah's backyard the size of ants.

 

Hannah, Chris, Delores and the three kids were all in a panic as they rushed around the enttrance to the backyard.  Suddenly the ground started to shake.  The "picture-perfect" family looked up and all screamed.  Six massive bodies approached the gate, and started to intrude upon the now empty backyard.

 

"WHERE IS EVERYONE?" Cassidy said in annoyance.  She wanted to socialize and enjoy herself.  Lowering her foot, she pulverized the thirteen-yard-old Craig under her foot.

 

"My baby!" screamed Hannah.  Before she could react, another shadow overtook her body.  It was the bare foot of Edgar.  His foot came down hard, reducing Hannah's blonde body into a bloody stain.

 

Panicked screams erupted from the remainder of the shrunken family.  "Everyone, run!" screamed Chris.  He looked over and saw the shadow of another descending foot.  This belonged to the giantess that was Sylvia, and it snuffed out the life of his sixteen-year-old daughter, Vanessa.

 

"Oh god!  No!" the man screamed.  He had no time to react, however.  The sweaty, bare foot of Mark came down, destroying the body of his last remaining child, his oldest daughter Chelsea.

 

"Help me!" Chris heard a voice scream.  He turned his head and saw his mother-in-law had fallen down and was starting to back away from the massive foot coming down mercilessly upon her body.  It was the large foot of Judie Nelson, and it caused the body of the tiny woman to implode on impact.

 

In a state of shock, as his family had just been obliterated in front of his eyes.  Then he saw the foot that was meant for him.  It was the foot of the fourteen-year-old Victoria.  She scrunched her toes in the air.  Chris closed his eyes as the foot came down on top of him.

 

"Dad, where is everyone," Victoria said in confusion.

 

"Yeah, this party is dead," Cassidy said with an annoyed scowl.

 

"Let's just hang out a bit," Mark said, as his family started to disperse throughout the backyard.

Chapter End Notes:

There's more to come....