- Text Size +

 

"You're not just doing it for him...you like being big, powerful, and in control." -Violet Parr



James dropped the newspaper onto Violet's lap

 

It was the morning after the incident with the truck and James went straight to see Violet afterschool.

 

"Check out page 3, the Sheriff's Report."  Violet found what James wanted her to see.

 

"...Mark Nettle: 26, Colton Jefferies: 23, Donovan Rogers: 23, Michael Mcgough: 24, DUI and reckless endangerment. County Rd. 17 3:50am..."

 

"My dad knows the sheriff's deputy who found them." James leaned in, his voice almost a conspiratorial whisper.  "He told my dad that those guys were picked up walking on the side of the road, their pants soaked with piss.  They practically ran towards the deputy's cruiser begging for help.  Four miles further down the road the deputy found what was left Mark's truck; upside-down, mangled, about 30 feet off the road hanging in a tree."  Violet, sitting cross-legged on her bed, looked down at her left foot.  She remembered the flattened remains of the truck falling off the sole of her shoe as they walked home.  James continued "The deputy had no idea how they had survived such a crash, he told my dad that miracles happen to horrible people all the time.  Mark and his crew were hysterical, convinced a giant monster was after them.  The report claims Mark was drunk and crashed his truck.  The deputy took the gang to the county jail but even after they had time to sober up those guys were still half-crazed screaming about how the monster was going to crush the jail and would kill everyone inside.   The Sheriff will be sending them to the state hospital in Marionville."  "That's where they send the crazy people" James added.

 

Violet looked up at that last statement, her eyes meeting his.  "They were going to kill you...I just wanted to scare them so they'd leave us alone."  She looked back down at her foot and frowned.  "I'm not a monster..."  The room was silent, James didn't know what to say.  Violet broke the silence.  "Let's go have some fun, away from the hospital.  I don't want to think about last night or those men anymore."  She waited for James's response but he was still quiet.

 

"Can you swim?"  He spoke and his question caught Violet off guard.  James continued, "there is a quarry a couple miles outside of town."  "It's a great swimming hole, there is even a cliff you can dive from!"  

 

"I don't have a bathing suit." 

 

"The boutique on the corner should have something." "Come on! You wanted to have fun, you can't back out now!"  James's enthusiasm was infectious.  

 

Sneaking out of the hospital was not an issue.  Using her invisibility was more for her own piece of mind; the hospital staff long ago stopped pretending to do tests or even to check up on her.   She was seen but unseen in their eyes, being unnoticed had been her whole life.  15 minutes later they were leaving the boutique, new swimwear in hand.

 

She enjoyed their walk to the quarry, the afternoon was pleasant and they talked like they did before things became complicated.  It was on this walk that they made their relationship offical: they would now be boyfriend and girlfriend.  She was happy, she thought of walks other love-struck teens may be having in other small towns that very day.  It all felt so normal and she cherished every moment.

 

Arriving at the quarry they found it deserted.  Violet found a secluded spot and changed.  Coming back out in the open in her new swimwear she saw James, stripped down to his boxers, standing knee deep in the water a few feet from shore.  She stood on the stony beach feeling awkward and self conscious, she could feel her back and shoulders clinch almost involuntarily as he looked at her.

 

"You look great!"  She smiled at his compliment and felt her shoulders drop as she relaxed.  That voice, her voice, spoke in her mind.  

 

"You're nothing special to him right now, just another ordinary girl...you know what makes you better than all the others, you know what he likes."  

 

"I'll be right back, I forgot something." Violet hurriedly excused herself, disappearing into the tree line and leaving James puzzled.  He fell backwards into the water allowing himself to float on his back and closed his eyes in relaxation.  He lay motionless in the water allowing himself to drift, eyes still closed.  He was suddenly swamped by a huge wave completely out of place at this normally placid manmade lake.  He quickly righted himself and shook the water from his face.  The wave that had hit him was now crashing all along the shoreline of the flooded quarry.  Violet had entered in the water.

 

James was treading water looking up at her. She was standing over him, the 30ft deep water only coming up halfway to her knees.  Once again on his back, James began swimming series of lazy circles around her legs.  He had not been conscious during the truck incident the previous night but the description Violet gave afterward had actually turned him on.  It excited him that his new girlfriend could wield such power.  He was at her mercy being so small in comparison but he knew he had nothing to fear.  Above him her hands were now resting on her hips and her legs apart as if posing as one of the seven wonders of the world.  He watched as her eyes followed him as his circuit took him around her left leg.  A colossus for a girlfriend, he allowed his mind to wonder and fantasize about the possibilities...

 

Violet's feelings were mixed as she watched James slowly circle her legs.  She could see that he looked at her differently when she was a giantess; his attention was totally on her, he was enthralled.  The voice was right, as a normal sized girl, James was attentive and affectionate but not completely hers as he was now.  She needed him to want her more than anyone else and this; she looked past James to her own enormous reflection on the water's surface, he wants this.

 

"You're not just doing it for him...you like being big, powerful, and in control."  The voice again spoke truthfully.  Before, her power of invisibility seemed tailored for her because she was a nobody. She went unnoticed at school and at home, nothing she did seemed to matter.  Now everything had changed.  She had watched as her, small, normally inconsequential movements in the water had created crashing waves on the shore.  The metaphor wasn't lost on Violet.  Watching the waves she made a decision.  She wasn't going to be that voiceless, passive, girl who reacted to events anymore.  She was now the verb, she would make things happen and everyone else would have to react to her!

 

Violet brought her attention back to James, that tiny toy-like figure swimming at her feet.  She thought to herself: "If he wants a giant girlfriend I can be that for him, but he needs to know that he is now my 'little boyfriend' and I came here to have some fun."  Without warning she bent over James, reaching down and scooping both James and the water around him into her cupped hands.  She lifted her tiny boyfriend to her face.  Violet could see her actions had scared him, that made her excited.

 

 

"Jacuzzi for one?" She asked with a mischievous smile.  James, recovered from the initial shock, nodded excitedly and reclined against her fingers as if at a spa.  His relaxation was short-lived.  He watched with growing anxiety as Violet brought her mouth down into her cupped hands.  Her mouth was now almost fully submerged and directly on top of him!  He flattened himself against her palm as he felt Violet's soft lips press against his legs.  Violet paused, her eyes, close enough for James to touch, locked onto him.  He searched desperately but the eyes refused to betray her intentions.  A voice in James's head told him what was about to happen but he refused to believe it.  He felt suction beginning to pull at him as Violet began to suck water into her mouth. She was going to drink the water cupped in her hands and him along with it!  A scream was building and about to escape James's throat when suddenly the suction reversed.  Violet started blowing bubbles into the water with her mouth!  The bubbling water quickly overflowed from her hands as she could no longer hold back her laughter.  

 

"I told you a Jacuzzi for one, you cant have a Jacuzzi without bubbles!  She continued laughing at her little trick.  James wasn't laughing.  She didn't notice.