- Text Size +

The intense winds roaring from greatly-sized windows above were a strong enough deterrent on their own. When you added Miss Yukari's bursts of temper to the mix, the idea of climbing her leg became even more unappealing. And if this driver had another distraction? You didn't even want to think about that.

As ugly as the situation was, the safest place in this steel landscape of blinding speed was underneath the soft cushioning of Yukari's foot.

Swallowing your pride (and a large drop of sweat), you kept your hands wrapped around her middle toe, trying to focus on other things. Like Mr. Kimura's lecture on - SLAM. Your driver applied a quick burst of pressure to the pedal, tightly compressing your torso.

Maybe it would help if you thought about that exhibit with the plush animals - THWOOM. Another relatively gentle movement from this woman forced you back into reality. With the pressure coming from the skies, and the motor rumbling below, it was hard to tell whether you should push back against the pad or keep gripping it for support. Either action was difficult with the thin layer of moisture coating her skin - though not very noticeable to a normal person, it was a definite obstacle. You aching arms had a harder and harder time holding on with each - SLAM.

You tried to dodge another face-full of her fluids by twisting your head to the side. It gave you a clear, scenic view of the barren landscape leading to the break pedal. The ankle above it flexed slightly - before the smooth skyscraper of her lower leg lifted up and came crashing down. The forces of gravity took a quick snack break as her car screeched to a sudden halt; if it hasn't been for her sole scrunching slightly, you would've gone flying again.

Still-muffled, Yukari commented from above: "Sheesh. They really need to trim around that stop sign."

On the bright side, you weren't near the break pedal. Otherwise, your spinal cord might've lost its classification as a solid.

Once more, the vehicle launched forward. There was a long, sharp curve in the road; your left arm was unable to keep in place, leaving you clutching to her toe by a single, sore hand. The feeling of dampness built under each of your digits, trembling to stay within the holds that her skin's criss-crossing pattern provided. Her sandal's position forced you to twist your minuscule body around...

Finally, it ended. You braced for the pressure of her digits again - but it was far softer than before. Your back was no longer stationed in her toe's indent; it spread horizontally across the sandal. Like not too long earlier. You could relax your limbs once again; your left arm cushioned by the tips of her toes, with the right nudged by the ball of her foot. Above, the middle segments of the pillars pressed you gently, like a protective dome.

Even with the pressure absent, the smell was far stronger here. As was the heat; in every direction, there was some surface of Yukari's sandal or skin letting its warmth waft over you. The liquid built up more intensely, too. But, at last, you weren't being totally squashed. She ran over another speed bump, flexing her toes idly - once again lathering you in another layer of toasty moisture. You could barely manage to see her tired face from between the digits, contracting and stretching.

The relative security from crushing gave you time to collect your thoughts. Was this really the safest space? There might have been some compartment or space you could squeeze into instead, if you wanted to secure yourself from the speed. And even if you couldn't - would it really be strong enough to hurt you? At the same time, this place felt safe. Getting out there was dangerous. It felt like you'd be fine, as long as you could stay here long enough. The gross forces around you might remedy themselves eventually.

...If someone told you this morning that you'd be developing Stockholm Syndrome towards Miss Yukari, you would probably have looked at them weird.

From the crevices between two walls of skin, you can make out her eyes peeking down. Right at your spot on her footwear. All of a sudden, you feel as if the entire mass of her body's crashing down on you again. Her hand descends from the skies, index and thumb stretched out - like someone about to pull out a tree-sized splinter. A honk outside stops her hand - she immediately brings it back to the wheel, swerving quickly.

That was close. But it wasn't time to catch your breath just yet - the teacher seemed to have noticed you. Or, at the very least, noticed something chaffing against her sole. The flesh above fidgeted and twitched in annoyance, lathering you harshly. The ball of the foot took hold of you, reeling you in like a minnow. And pushing back. You're being rolled back and forth against the sandal's smelly indent and the mountainous Yukari Tanizaki above...

By the time the car motor below came to a halt, time wasn't the only thing you've lost track of. The smell of fresh air as the door opens seemed like a completely novel experience. Being able to hold still without feeling the world rushing around - it made you feel heavy and exhausted. A now too-familiar voice booms out from the skies:

"Huh, could've sworn I put my seatbelt on. Oh, well - it was pretty gentle ride."

So THAT's why Chiyo's eyes always got all cold and lifeless when someone brought Yukari's driving up in class.

Another boom sounded out from the side. You found your environment lifting up again, and tried your best to prepare for impact. It didn't do much help; pain shot through your sweat-soaked body as Tanizaki's sole landed again. And then, her toes moved again; the harsh fidgeting kneeding you back and forth into the platform below. Your head rested under the middle one, which brushed your face painfully into the smelly indent.

"Urgh, what IS that, anyway?"

The motion stopped. The pressure lifted. You were lying flat, very nearly broken, drenched, dizzy, and warm from the insane ride. Yukari's foot no longer rested on you. Now, her eyes took charge of the sky above - dark, intense, and... Hard to read. They narrowed. Was she angry? Just trying for a closer look? Her mouth below rested open in a small shape, denoting a hint of hesitation. And it all came closer as she kneels down to take a look at you, her chest swaying slightly in reaction to the descent.

How do you react?

Chapter End Notes:

Choices from here were

1. Run for it!*

2. Try to communicate.

3. Focus on healing...*

(We're using Choice 2)