Dynamax Anomalies by idunnow
Summary:

A series of anomalies with Dynamax energy cause women of the Galar region to grow spontaneously.


Categories: Gentle, Teenager (13-19), Adventure, Feet Characters: None
Growth: Mega (501 ft. to 5279 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/f, F/m
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 4888 Read: 13501 Published: May 16 2021 Updated: June 01 2021

1. Gloria by idunnow

2. Nessa by idunnow

3. Sonia by idunnow

Gloria by idunnow

The Galar region has long been known as the place where giant pokemon roam the land. Over hundreds of years, the people of Galar came to adapt to life with the giant creatures, even learning to harness the ability to grow their own pokemon giant. Ever since Eternatus was reawakened, however, the dynamaxing energy had begun acting up in events which had come to be called Dynamax Anomalies, in which not only pokemon, but also some humans, grew to sizes that surpassed the limits of normal dynamaxing, albeit for only a few hours at a time.

The anomalies apparently happened at random, and no one could predict when or where the next one would occur, or who would be the one to grow. In the weeks since the first such anomaly, they had been the subject of worried conversations all over Galar.

But for the young pokemon trainer Gloria, nothing could be further from her mind. On this day, she cared for nothing save enjoying the bright, beautiful day in Lake Axewell's placid waters, splashing around in her swimsuit. She had been in there for half an hour when she noticed some energy running over the earth and through the water before surging into her body. All of a sudden she shot upwards at an alarming speed, growing to over five hundred feet in mere seconds.

Gloria looked out over the land, seeing the tall trees and great plains of the Wild Area reduced to sizes so quaint it made this look like a model landscape. In the distance, she saw a dynamaxed pikachu in the middle of a battle with some trainers. She ventured closer to it, her approach drawing the attention of big pikachu and the trainers who fought it. The dynamaxed pokemon, having forgotten all about its battle, looked up at her perplexed at finding someone bigger than itself. Amusingly, it stood about the same size compared to her as a pikachu normally would.

Giggling, Gloria picked it up and hugged it before setting it on the ground behind her and shooing it on. The pikachu left with a dazed expression on its face.

Gloria then turned her attention to the little trainers by her feet, along with their little pokemon. Feeling playful, she held her hands out and went, “Boo!” spooking them all away. She followed after them, walking slowly so her feet always settled down not far behind them. A minute into her chase, she stomped her foot down, shaking the earth enough to make them stumble and fall. They looked up, and as they saw her giant foot swing over them, all felt certain they were about to be crushed under it. Instead, it swung past them before coming down. Gloria waved them goodbye, then kept on walking, leaving them all behind.

Her steps carried her right towards a small town, which appeared to be empty. The only person there was a single, frightened kid, about the same age as her, who waited at the town entrance. It looked like he was trying to stand firm, but he was trembling so badly it was a wonder he managed to stand at all. When she stopped before him, leaning over and smiling, he swooned and fell down.

Gloria scooped the boy up and brought him to her face, blowing on him to wake him up. He soon came to, and when he opened his eyes and saw her face, he sat up and began scooting back along her hand, stopping only once his back bumped against her curled fingers. If it weren't for them, he probably would have kept going until he fell right off.

She gave him a friendly greeting, which he nervously returned. After introducing herself, she asked who he was, and why he was the only person around. He told her his name was Victor, and that he was a pokemon trainer who had stopped at this town for supplies. He had tried buying some, but the townsfolk said they refused to sell anything to outsiders. Then when they saw that she was coming toward their town, they had all hidden in their homes or shops, and wouldn't let him inside with them. They said they might possibly sell him what he wanted if he went out and stopped her from wrecking their town.

After hearing his story, Gloria was outraged. She spoke to the townsfolk, chastising them for their cowardice and their lack of hospitality. Raising her foot over the town, she threatened to crush their buildings underfoot. After hearing this, Victor begged her not to destroy their town for his sake. Gloria grinned at him and winked, letting him know she wouldn't do anything of the sort.

After hearing her threat, the townsfolk hurried outside, begging her to have mercy. She said she would spare them, as long as they handed over the supplies that they'd refused Victor.

They hurried into their shops to grab the supplies in question, soon returning with much more than Victor had tried buying from them. Gloria lowered her hand to the ground, telling them all to give her the supplies. Once they'd finished, then she stood up again and gave it all to Victor. “Is this enough?” she asked. Victor looked at the pile and nodded, stunned to have received so much.

Gloria said she wouldn't crush the town and warning the people not to treat an outsider like that ever again, or else she'd come back to punish them. She departed after the townsfolk assured her that they would be welcoming to any future travelers who passed by.

Once they were back out in the Wild Area, Victor thanked her, saying that he didn't think he could ever repay her kindness. Gloria assured him that she didn't need any sort of payment; she had done it because she was moved by his story, not because she expected something from him. Then she asked him where he'd been going.

He told her he was going to Motostoke city to challenge its gym leader. Gloria said she would be glad to take him there, and so she set of walking towards the distant city. She reached its southern wall in no time at all, stepping over it and into the city proper, then walking through its streets as the people scrambled to hide in their buildings. Upon reaching the stadium, the giant trainer set Victor down at the entrance, telling him that she'd be watching and cheering for him during his battle. He thanked her and went inside while she waited for his battle to start.

She had been waiting for ten minutes, and was starting to grow impatient, when she saw him and the local gym leader, Kabu, walk out into the arena. Because of her presence, there were no crowds gathered to watch their battle, This time there were no crowds to cheer them on, and no opening ceremony. The only person watching them was Gloria herself, who was shouting encouragement for Victor. Kabu, clearly anxious over the conditions in which they were battling, had a poor performance, even forgetting to dynamax his pokemon.

The battle was over quickly, and then Victor received the fire badge from Kabu, the only fanfare accompanying his victory being the giant girl's cheers. Even so, he was proud to have beaten the gym. As he left the stadium, he was picked up by Gloria again. Patting him on the head, she congratulated him on his victory and headed back out of the city.

Out in the Wild Area again, Gloria went back to spot by the lake where she'd left her stuff before going for a swim, and sat down at the lakeshore, splashing her legs in the water. She set Victor down next to her stuff and told him he could use it to cook if he wanted to. He did just that, soon having dinner ready for both of them, and their pokemon. Curiously, even though what Gloria ate was no more than a grain of rice compared to her, she still found it filling.

Come nighttime, with the stars shining in the sky above and the last embers of the campfire glowing on the ground below, she grabbed him and lay him down on her belly, where he fell asleep.

Next morning, Gloria opened her eyes to see she was back at her normal size, with Victor still lying on top of her. She pushed him off , giving him a rude awakening, then got up and put her usual clothes on again. Seeing her at her normal size for the first time, Victor was at a loss for words on. After getting used to her as a giant, it seemed surreal to find himself a couple inches taller than her. He supposed she looked like a normal girl now, but he couldn't see her that way no matter how hard he tried. To him she was still always be the girl that had held him in her hands like a  tiny bug and carried him across the whole wild area in mere minutes on a casual stroll. Maybe that's what she would always be.

As she was getting dressed, Gloria reflected on yesterday's adventures. She imagined her face would be printed on every newspaper and broadcast onto every television screen. Everyone who saw her in their towns would recognize as that one girl who grew giant and caused havoc in Motostoke city. They'd all be looking at her funny until other anomalies pushed the memory of hers out of the public consciousness, probably a couple weeks from now.

It would be a pain to deal with now that she wasn't dozens of stories tall, and she definitely wasn't looking forward to it. Still, as she glanced over her shoulder at Victor, she thought there was at least one good thing to have come of it all, and decided she wouldn't have acted any other way.

Nessa by idunnow

It had been two weeks since a dynamax anomaly caused Gloria to grow huge. She had enjoyed her time as a giant, but what came next almost made her regret it. For a week after the incident, everyone looked at her like a ticking time bomb. Shew wasn't allowed into any building for fear she might spontaneously grow and demolish it. They wouldn't even let her buy supplies. It was only thanks to Victor she could even get food from them.

Having met during her brief stint as a giantess, the two had soon become fast friends. As Gloria had helped him out with a similar problem, Victor felt indebted to her, so he gladly went into town and bought her whatever she needed while she waited outside.

Thankfully, after the first week, most people forgot all about her. By then, another anomaly had popped up elsewhere in Galar, taking all the attention off of her. She still got some wary looks from time to time, but at least she could go indoors again.

By the end of the second week, the two finally arrived at Hulbury, where Gloria meant to challenge the local gym leader. Come the appointed hour for their battle, she went into the stadium lobby, waiting to be called into the battlefield. Soon someone came for her and led her out into the arena, instructing her to keep going until she reached the center.

After these past two weeks, Gloria had grown sensitive to peoples' looks, and right then, walking through the stadium, she felt the oppressive weight of hundreds of stares bearing down on her. She searched the stands for Victor  and saw him cheering for her from one of the front-row seats. His presence gave her confidence, lifting some of the weight she felt.

She and Nessa met at the center, sizing each other up. Gloria had seen Nessa before, both on TV and on the covers of fashion magazines, but she found the media didn't do her real-life presence justice. The gym leader and professional model was beautiful beyond compare, so much so that Gloria almost felt envious of her.

“Sorry to ask,” Nessa said, “but are you that giant girl who caused a commotion at Motostoke a couple weeks ago?” Gloria winced, then nodded. “I thought so. You must have given Kabu quite a scare. What I wouldn't give to have seen the look on his face!” she said, laughing. “Well, here's to a good match.”Gloria was surprised to get such a positive response. That made Nessa the only person other than Victor to recognize her from the incident and still treat her like a normal person. She returned the sentiment with a smile, then each of them went to their respective side of the arena, ready for their battle to start.

No sooner had the announcer called for them to begin, however, than Nessa saw a surge of energy running through the stadium and over the arena. It went right towards her, shooting up into her body. She then exploded upward, looking down in horror as she surpassed five hundred feet in height. As soon as she grew, panic took over the crowd. Everyone started getting up and fleeing, the only ones who stayed being Victor and Gloria.

Gloria stood before Nessa, looking up at the new giantess. She made for such an impressive sight at this size, towering over everything. Gloria felt weak and helpless by comparison, but also awed at her immensity. Had others felt the same way around her when she was giant?

As she pondered this, she sensed a resonance between herself and Nessa, and then she found herself growing to match her size, her sudden growth catching both of them off-guard.

Seeing Nessa joined by another giantess, people grew even more panicked, their screams and yells reaching all the way to Gloria's ears. She sighed, knowing this meant she was in for yet another week of being seen as a danger. At least she'd still have Victor. She crouched and picked him up, cradling him in her hands.

“Wait, don't go!” Nessa said to the crowds. She had to find a way to make them stop being scared, or else her careers would be over. But what could she do?

Just then, the giant gym leader noticed a flash of light coming front the streets outside the stadium. She looked down and saw a bunch of news photographers taking pictures of her. Inspiration struck her like a lightning bolt, sparking an idea within her. “Don't be scared folks,” she said. “It's all part of the show! You have nothing to worry about.”Once she had everyone's attention, Nessa started striking poses for her onlookers. Gloria and Victor were surprised to see that only a few people were still fleeing, everyone else having stopped to admire the professional model. Nessa shot Gloria a look and motioned for her to join in. After leaving Victor on her shoulder, Gloria started striking poses. She knew she couldn't hope to match the other woman's style and grace, but she could at least try to look cute for people.

Once Nessa saw that everyone had stopped fleeing, she ordered them to clear the road, so they could parade through town. They quickly obeyed her, freeing up a street for her and Gloria to pass through, then Nessa stepped out of the stadium, motioning for Gloria to follow along. The two began walking carefully through the town, waving at everyone as they passed. Gloria was glad to see that people were cheering for them, not running and screaming as they had when she visited Motostoke.

When they arrived town's western border, Nessa turned around, blowing a kiss to the gathered crowd, then left, with Gloria following suit behind her. They soon found a wide open field with no people around and took a seat to relax and wait for the anomaly to wear off.

With a sigh, Gloria grabbed Victor off her shoulder and held him in her lap. “Are you two friends?” Nessa asked her. She nodded. “You're very lucky to have a someone who can be there for you through all this. May I... hold him for a moment?” Gloria and Victor exchanged glances. He nodded at her, then she handed him over to Nessa, carefully dropping him into her cupped hands.

Nessa brought the tiny trainer up to her face to get a better look at him. What a wonder it was to be holding a real living person in the palm of her hand. How delicate he seemed, like a newly-formed leaf. Something small and adorable, to be protected and cared for; that's how she saw him right then. “You're cute,” she whispered, then brought him up to her face, her lips brushing against his face. She saw him and Gloria blush, and chuckling handed him back to his friend.

“You know, I'm still surprised my plan worked. Thank you for playing along with it; you did a good job.” Gloria thanked her. “Was the last time you grew anything like this?” The young trainer lay down with her, cupping Victor against her chest, then began relating what had happened the last time she grew giant, and how others had reacted to her afterwards.

“Sounds like you should have been more mindful of people. Well, you can't go back and fix it now, but maybe after today they'll stop thinking of you as that girl who rampaged around Motostoke. I think you've given people something more positive to remember you by.”Gloria smiled. She really hoped Nessa was right about that.

After lying still for a while, Nessa noticed some sounds around her head. She sat up and saw that many of pokemon had gathered around her and Gloria. The tiny things didn't seem to be the least bit fazed by their size, happily letting her scoop them up and nuzzle them against her cheek. They all played with the pokemon until night came, then fell asleep surrounded by them. When they awoke next morning, they were at their normal size again.

After a short walk, they arrived back at Hulbury, where the townsfolk gave them a warm welcome. Later that day, Gloria was finally able to battle Nessa, beating her and earning the water badge while the crowd cheered for her, not minding that she'd grown giant again yesterday. At last, it seemed things were looking up for her again.

Sonia by idunnow

Following the first two dynamax anomalies, and at the behest of Professor Magnolia, Sonia had begun an investigation into the strange phenomenon, hoping she could do something about it anyone got hurt. She assembled a team to aid in her efforts and started gathering data on the various anomalies. Over time, some patterns became clear:The new phenomenon was affecting humans more often than pokemon. The humans affected had all been wearing dynamax bands, and had thus far been predominantly female. New cases occurred roughly every seven days, always at places known to be hot spots for regular dynamax energy.

Even so, the most recent one at Hulbury showed they still had much to figure out. That had been the first case of an anomaly which resulted in multiple individuals growing giant, as well as the first case of a person being affected by an anomaly on two separate occasions. Sonia and her team had been puzzling over this new data, but hadn't been able to spare it much thought as they were busy exploring a different line of inquiry, one which would hopefully bear fruit today.

Now, seven days after the Hulbury anomaly, Sonia stood in the Wild Area at the foot of a huge, metal spire that her team had built based on her specifications. The structure, which stood on top of a known power spot, implemented a similar technology to the one that allowed the dynamax band to harness dynamax energies. If all went as she hoped, it would act like a lightning rod, drawing the energies of the next anomaly into itself so they wouldn't cause anyone to grow today.

She gazed over the surrounding area, her eyes drifting over a large camp that sat a safe distance away. Even from here, she could see it was abuzz with activity. The camp was her team's, and nearly a hundred people populated it—investigators, technicians, their assistants, and more. All of them were busy preparing for the surge of dynamax energy they expected to arrive at any moment. As a safety precaution, none of them wore any dynamax bands, nor were any allowed in the camp.

Suddenly, a siren wail arose from the camp. The expected surge of energy appeared over the horizon, slithering towards her like an ekans. Immediately she started down the hill, hoping to make it far away before it reached the spire. She had made it halfway to the camp when the energy passed her by. It shot up into the large metal structure crackling electrically, and then all was still.

It seemed the structure had done its job. Sonia rejoiced. After they inspected it more thoroughly, a celebration would be in order.

However, just as Sonia was headed back to camp, there was a loud CRACK behind her. She turned to see a big fissure running up the structure. The energy poured out of it and struck out towards her. Less than a second after it reached her, she exploded in size, becoming hundreds of feet tall.

Looking down, Sonia saw the camp sprawling out at her feet, so small that it looked like a bunch of toys. The effect that was only heightened by everyone down there standing paralyzed as they stared in shock If they hadn't been prepared for this possibility, they'd have been running and screaming already. They still might do it, if she made any threatening moves.

Holding in a sigh, Sonia went next to the camp and lay down, telling her team to follow the plan they had agreed on. She saw them come shuffling out towards her, fast as a herd of slowbros. Once they made it to her, they began taking various measurements and readings of her body, as well as taking samples from her and her clothes, snipping off some threads from her shirt and the tip of one of her hairs. Then one of them asked her, stuttering, to open her mouth so they could take a sample of her saliva. She did so, then waited as one of them came forward, trembling as he stared at her teeth, before sliding an instrument inside to collect some of her spit.

At first Sonia didn't spare a thought for them, being too absorbed in brooding over the spire's failure—not only had it failed at preventing another anomaly, it had also allowed her to grow even though she wasn't wearing a dynamax band—but as she came to terms with that, she found her attention drifting to these tiny people. How small and frail they looked, and how scared of her. They scurried around her body like a swarm of insects, tensing up whenever her gaze swept over them, and hurrying away after they finished their tasks.

Once they were done, Sonia thanked them and sat up, seeing them going back into camp. Not all of them had left, though; a small group, all of them her age or younger, stood gathered in front of her. She asked them if they had anything to work on right then, and they all answered in the negative.

Sonia took to thinking. With how the spire had failed to contain the dynamax energy, she had to consider the possibility that there might not be any stopping the anomalies. If so, then the only course of action left for the people of Galar was to simply adapt, as they'd adapted to regular dynamaxing. That meant giant and normal-sized people would have to learn to live with each other. If that was the case, then why not get started now, with this group?

Sonia leaned forward, resting her hand on the ground next to them, moving her hair out of the way to get a better look. As her shadow fell over the group, they started fidgeting around, looking at her uncertainly. She gave them a smile, which seemed to calm them down, then explained that she was going to go on a short walk around the Wild Area, inviting them all to come along with her.

A few shied away, going back into camp, but most agreed to come along. She told them to stay still, carefully scooping them up into her hands, easily holding all twelve of them with room to spare. Telling them to sit tight, she stood and looked around their surroundings, taking them in from her new bird's-eye view. It all looked so small she might have taken it for a tiny model of the Wild Area if the movement of tiny pokemon and the swaying of foliage in the breeze hadn't assured her it was real.

She took a step, feeling the earth deform under her weight. She didn't know where exactly she was going, only that she wanted to be somewhere more private. She walked on, over hills and streams, past trainers engaged in battle and herds of wild pokemon, until she reached a wide-open clearing where they would be alone.

Taking a seat on the ground, Sonia deposited her little friends next to her. She took off her boots and socks and her jacket, dropping them at her side, then sat back, stretching her legs out, all the while her little friends gazed on in awe. She beckoned them closer, and once they approached, she told them to climb onto her leg. They shared confused glances, then came forward and climbed up her pants until they stood on her lap, looking at her uncertainly.

Sonia instructed them to explore whatever part of her body they liked and, taking her up on her offer, they started walking around on her. A couple of them ambled towards her foot, walking over her thigh and then down her shin until they reached her bare ankle. Others were content to remain on her lap. Most, however, went up onto her torso, walking around on her exposed midriff or going went further up, stopping only once they stood before her chest. Seeing that, Sonia lay down, letting them come further as they obviously wanted to.

Though most of them stayed around her chest, a few ventured further still, walking upon her neck and even climbing onto her face. They walked around on her chin, her cheeks, her forehead, some even coming to peer into her eyes or nose.

Sighing, Sonia closed her eyes and folded her hands over her belly, giggling as she felt a couple people she'd thereby trapped squirm out from under them. Totally relaxed, she focused on the sensations of these tiny people walking all over her body, coming to explore every last inch they could reach. Then, one by one, the all lay down in various places and stopped moving, possibly falling asleep.

As she lay in silence, Sonia's thoughts began to wander. She reflected on the irony of her current situation, having grown giant thanks to the structure meant to stop that from happening to anyone. Even more ironic, it turned out she really liked being huge. Being this size felt natural to her, as though she had always been meant to be giant. It was a shame she'd have shrunk back down by tomorrow morning.

Then she remembered that girl who had grown giant twice now: Gloria.

At Hulbury, the focus of the dynamax energy had been Nessa, not Gloria, which meant that Gloria's growth had been caused by something else. Could anyone who had been affected by the anomaly retained the potential to grow at any future time? She would need to have her shrinking observed and run some tests afterwards to see if that was the case. If so, there might even be a way to trigger her growth at will.

That possibility filled her with excitement and she found she couldn't stay still anymore. She woke everyone up and told them to climb down from her. Once they were all off, she sat up and put her coat and boots back on, then scooped them up and went back to camp, where she instructed her team to run some more tests on her.

After a restless night, Sonia woke up the next morning back at her usual size. She went into camp, where her team examined her thoroughly. They were shocked to find that readings of her dynamax energy were exactly the same as yesterday. Going by those measurements, though she stood at her usual size, she should still have been hundreds of feet tall.

Everyone looked at her warily, as though she would grow at any second—and, for all anyone knew, she really might—but Sonia only smiled as that reading confirmed her hopes. She didn't mind their wariness—she simply took it as them showing her the respect due to a giantess. She didn't think of this as her normal size anymore; the dynamax energy resting within her confirmed she was a giant by nature now. She only had to find a way to reawaken it.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=10515