The Love of all Things Small by Final7Darkness
Summary: One day after going home from work, Joe takes a detour down by the seafront, there he got caught up in a bizarre storm and struck by its lightning. At first nothing happened but a month later sighs of change started to show as the world around him is slowly getting bigger. 
Categories: Teenager (13-19), Young Adult 20-29, Adult 30-39, Gentle, Growing/Shrinking out of clothes, Slow Size Change Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Minikin (3 in. to 1 in.)
Size Roles: None
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5504 Read: 38960 Published: April 02 2010 Updated: August 17 2010

1. Chapter 1 by Final7Darkness

2. Chapter 2 by Final7Darkness

3. Chapter 3 by Final7Darkness

4. Chapter 4 by Final7Darkness

Chapter 1 by Final7Darkness

Hi my name is Joe Enron, you may have heard of me but I was one of many people that have fallen victim to an event that the media have call the 'Emerald Storm'. If you don't even know what the Emerald Storm is then what rock have you living under and think of yourself lucky that you didn't get caught up in it.

Well before you go on the internet to look up the effects of what the storm have done but please; read my story as scientists fear that another Emerald Storm might come. I might as well begin a year ago, back when I was...human.

Twelve months ago,

Joe stood out of his car and looked at his new house he have just bought. Joe has been given a promotion from his job and has been told that he is to move in a new department and that the company would pay him extra just to buy a house that was close to it. “Wow...what a nice house” said Amanda, his newly wedded wife. Amanda stood 5'8, has long black hair and blue eyes. The two of them stood next to each other, together and looked upon the house.

“Why don't you go in and take a look around” said Joe as he handed his wife the spare key to the house. Amanda smiled at Joe as she kissed him the cheek and took the key from him. Amanda went to the front door and opened it, Joe went to the boot of the car and took out two suitcases. Joe slowly walked towards the front door until he heard the sound of a young woman's voice, “Hi, welcome to the neighbourhood”

Joe stopped walking and saw a young woman leaning over the fence. Joe saw that she has short brown hair and has brown eyes. “Thanks, I'm Joe Enron Jones” said Joe as he put the suitcases down and walked over to the fence. “Pauline Green” said the woman as she took her hand out which Joe shook.

“So Pauline, is it nice living here?” asked Joe as he smiled at her. “Oh you're going to love it here, why don't you and your wife come round tonight as a welcome party” answered Pauline. “Thanks, I think we will. What time should we come round?” asked Joe as he picked the suitcases up and heading towards his house. “Come round by seven, I let you two met the rest of the neighbours” answered Pauline.

With that Joe went inside his new house, told Amanda about the welcoming party and then picked out what clothes he should wear and before he knew it, the clock said it was ten to seven. He got dressed and with his wife, the two of them went over to Pauline's house.

“So what was this Pauline like?” asked Amanda as she held Joe's arm. “Don't know, just spoke a few words with her and she invited us over” answered Joe as the two of them was walking towards the front door. The two of them stood there getting them selves ready, once they're ready they rang the door bell. Opened the door went and there stood Pauline whom smiled at the two of them. “Hello, Joe and...” said Pauline as she smiled at Joe and slowly looked at Amanda. “Hi I'm Amanda” said Amanda as she shook Pauline's hand. “Welcome you two, please come on in” said Pauline as she allowed the two to enter.

She led the two of them in the living where it held four people; all of which were women. “Why hello welcome to the neighbourhood” spoke the woman that was closest to them. Joe looked at the woman that spoke and saw that she was a 5'7 long blond hair. “Thank you” said Amanda as she shook her hand. “The name's Rinslet” spoke the woman as she took her hand back.

“Right then, allow me to welcome everyone,you already met Rinslet” said Pauline as she smiled at her. She then looked at an Asian woman whom stood 5'6 and said, “This here is Violette, Joe and Amanda, this here is Violette” “Its nice to meet you” said Violette as she shook Joe's hand. “This here is Naomi” said Pauline as she walked over to the shortest woman in the room whom is 5'4. “Hello” said Naomi as she smiled at Joe and Amanda. “And finally this here is Jessica” said Pauline as she walked towards the tallest woman, almost as tall as Joe. “Why hello Joe” said Jessica whom stands 5'11.

 

During the night, the two of them got to know a little bit more about them and what it is that they do. They learnt that Rinslet works in the same workplace as Joe but as a secretary. Violette works as a policewoman. Naomi, works at the local library. Jessica, is the local doctor and Pauline is a single house mum as she has two daughters.

Now I know what you all might be thinking, when does the storm come in right? The storm came two days after me and my wife arrived at our new place. I was doing well at my new work place. Huh, what is it that I do? Well lets just say that the company I once worked in doesn't want me to reveal their name or what it was I do. But I guess I can give you all a hint; it involves me using computers along with dealing with money.

On the day of the storm, I finished work and walked out to the car park. I put my things in my car, got in and began to drive my way home. As I was driving, I felt like taking a detour home so I took the long way by along the seafront. As I was driving, I noticed that it was getting really dark as night was beginning to fall. I also noticed that there was hardly anyone else driving along the road; I looked out at the sea and began to see something...strange.

As Joe was driving, he felt like taking a detour home so he took the long way by along the seafront. As he was driving, Joe noticed that it was getting really dark as night was beginning to fall. He also noticed that there was hardly anyone else driving along the road; Joe looked out at the sea and began to see something strange.

Out in the far distance, something was shining throughout the darkness and it was growing bigger and bigger.

Joe stopped the car, got out and tried to get a better look the object that he could see. The shiny object was getting even bigger and was beginning to give off a colour which he could make it out as an emerald dark green. Joe was beginning to panic as the green object slowly turned into what he could tell was a thunder storm as Joe could see lightning piecing through the dark sky. But he noticed that each time the lightning struck it was coloured green.

Joe could see that the storm was heading towards him as he saw that lightning was striking down upon the earth and was heading towards him in a straight line. Joe was covered in fear as he never saw anything like it; before Joe had the chance to react, he got struck but the lightning. He went flying backwards, with the feeling of his body numb; Joe crash landed onto the hard ground. The last Joe saw before he closed his eyes was that it was beginning to rain and all signs of the green lightning vanished.

I couldn’t tell what happened next as I found it very hard to breathe then moments later everything went black. I don’t know how long it’s been; it could have been hours or days but I heard something,

“Excuse me, Joe?” said a female voice. Joe woke up with his eyes still closed. “Huh? Wha…where am I?” Joe asked as he slowly opened his eyes and found himself back in his car at the seafront. “Joe? You’re at the seafront. Is everything okay?” said the woman again.

He looked at the woman and noticed that she’s a policewoman, Joe looked at her again and saw that it was Violette. “Oh thanks for waking me Violette…everything fine; what time is it?” Joe asked as he looked up at her. Violette looked at her watch and answered, “Its just five minutes past seven” “Oh thanks, I better get home then” Joe said as he started the car up and began to drive off. Violette looked at his car when driving and thought that of something strange

“What the heck was that thing last night?” Joe thought as he was driving up to his drive through. Joe got out and entered my house. As he was wandering around the place, trying work out what he just been through, Joe noticed something strange about the house, it was like something was out of place. Joe just shrugged it off as he went upstairs to take a shower and changed into a pair of clean clothes.

From that moment I had a hard time with Amanda as she just questioned me about what I did the night before. I mean...how could I have told her about being struck by green lightning and lived to tell the tell. The thing is, even though I was struck...there wasn't even signs of me being struck. So at that time I just believed that it was just some strange dream. In the end I ended up telling Amanda a white lie about staying over at a friend's house.

But boy...you should have seen my face when me and Amanda was watching the news on the television. It spoke about the strange storm,

“If someone were to have asked you what colour lightning is what would you say?” spoke the newsman that was on the television. “I don't know Bob but I would say lightning to be white” spoke the newswoman that was sitting next to the man. “Well that what people will say if they haven't seen the storm last night Lisa” spoke Bob as he looked at the woman. Lisa smiled at Bob and said, “Why what colour was the storm? “The storm is what people best describe as being an emerald green” answered Bob.

I changed the channel. I just couldn't believe that the storm really did happen and I was more surprised that there wasn't any news about people being struck by it. At that time it gave me the idea that I was the only one.

Well lets just say that nothing really happen for a whole month before I noticed the changes in me.

Chapter 2 by Final7Darkness

Eleven months ago,

Joe woke up that day and felt that something different and he noticed when changed his clothes was that they appered to be baggy than he remembered them to be. He looked around the bedroom and saw that things seem to stand out of place. He looked at the clock and that it was time for him to get to work, so he rushed down stairs made himself a piece of toast. Once he finished eating it, he made his way to put his shoes on.

He noticed that the shoes was somewhat loose, Joe tried to shrug it off but deep down he had a feeling that something was odd. He made his way towards his car, got in and noticed that he needed to adjust the seat. This has finally made him worry. “What's going on?” said Joe to himself as he started the car.

I drove to work and tried to keep my mind away from the strangeness that happened to me that day by keeping myself busy. People at the workplace, I noticed was somewhat taller than I remembered them to me. Heck they even took note on how loose my clothes looked on me but they pretty much believed that I was losing weight.

But...

after a few days later, I noticed something strange

After seeing how his clothes was even more baggier, Joe felt that he should go and see his doctor Jessica Reeds. He got in his car and saw that he had to adjust everything again. With that he knew that something was wrong. After a hour of waiting, Joe was allowed to go in and see Jessica. As he entered the office, Jessica spoke out “Ah Mr Enron, what seems to be the problem?”

Jessica turned round and looked at him and gave him a funny look. Joe then explained everything about his worries. Jessica just looked at him for a moment and slowly a smile crossed her face. “Doc...why are you looking at me like that?” asked Joe as he felt uneasy. “What...oh nothing Mr Enron...nothing” answered Jessica.

Jessica then began to walk around Joe and said, “But I have to say...you do look shorter the last time we met” “I saw you last week about that health check for the company” said Joe as he looked at Jessica walked back and fourth. Joe then looked at Jessica a bit more closely and saw that she was right, he was in deed shorter than her.

“Any idea on what caused you start shrinking?” asked Jessica as she walked over to her desk and took out a clipboard and pen. Joe began to think back at anything and the only that pop up in his head what the strange storm. “I...I was struck but a green lightning a few days back” Joe answered. Jessica looked at him with a confused look.

“If you got struck by lightning then why are walking around as if you haven't?” asked Jessica as she walked towards him. “Perhaps you didn't hear me...I said that I was struck by GREEN lightning” said Joe. “Green Lightning? Sounds like something you hear from a television show. Hmm...a few days ago that wouldn't be when the Emerald Storm happened?” said Jessica as she began to write something down.

“Is that what they call it” said Joe. “Hmm...oh yes. And you say you were struck by lightning from that storm?” asked Jessica. “Erm...yes” answered Joe. “Interesting...” said Jessica as she wrote it down. “Why...what's so interesting?” asked Joe. Jessica looked at Joe and tapped the pen on the clipboard and answered, “It is really, your the first at the moment to claim that you have been struck by green lightning”

“Wha?” was all Joe could say. Jessica went to the draws and took out a folder of Joe's last medical check and said, “Lets see how tall you were before and now” Joe was lead to a wall with a height measurement. Jessica told Joe to take his shoes off and up with his back against the wall. Once Jessica saw how tall he is, she wrote it down and then looked at his medical check.

“Hmm...you're now 5'9, the last check up reads that...that you once were 6'1” said Jessica as Joe put his shoes on. Joe looked up at his doctor's face with a worried look. “I'm sorry...its just funny seeing you shorter than me. Granted that I'm tall and that most men I meet are shorter but still, you once stood taller than by two inches and I now stand taller by four inches” said Jessica as she couldn't hide her smile.

“Oh gee, you shall now how to make the sick feel better now don't you” said Joe as he was heading towards the door. “Hay calm, calm down. Just don't worry, I will find a cure. Mark my words. But in the mean time, best just go and live life like normal. Best come back for a check up in a month got it” said Jessica. “Okay...thank you” said Joe. With that Joe left the office and headed on home, not knowing that Amanda was having a strange dream.

Amanda dressed in her nightgown walked out from the bedroom and noticed that Joe there. She walked downstairs and saw that he Joe was nowhere in sight. “Joe...Joe where are you?” asked Amanda to herself. Just then Amanda heard his voice echoed, “I'm down here!”

Amanda looked down and saw something that surprised her, there down by her bear feet was a three inch tall man that looked like her husband. “Oh my god...” said Amanda as she knelt down to get a better look at him; “Joe; your so small”

“Joe...what happened?” asked Amanda as she rested onto her kneels. “I, I, I, I have no idea really” answered Joe. Before Amanda could say anything, the sound of the front opening echoed throughout the house. Amanda looked at the door and saw that there was no one there. She looked back at where Joe was and saw that he was gone.

“Huh? Joe where did you go?” asked Amanda as she stood back up. Just then, Amanda's sight began to go all blurry and then she felt light headed.

When Amanda opened her eyes, she found herself back in bed. She sat up and then she just realized that all she had was a dream. She was a little sad about it all being a dream, she got out of bed and changed of clothes.

When I went home that morning and saw Amanda being sad. I asked what was wrong and she said to me that nothing was wrong. Amanda looked at me and saw that she was almost as tall as me and I knew that I couldn't hide it any longer; so I took a deep breath and told her about what was learnt from the doctor...about me shrinking.

But after I told her, I saw a smile crossed her face.

“So...are you shrinking everyday?” asked Amanda as she looked at Joe from head to toe. Joe just looked at his wife and found it strange that she wasn't worried. “I don't really know if I am shrinking everyday but I do know is that I am shrinking...slowly” Joe answered.

From that day onwards, I slowly began to shrink...making it harder to hide my height loss from the people that I know. There were days where I wouldn't shrink, there was times that I didn't shrink for weeks making me think I stopped shrinking.

On the days that I did shrink, I would have lost an inch or two and each time I gotten smaller I saw Amanda smiled a bit more than before. I still worked for the company but that didn't really last very long...well I might as well tell you all the day I was fired for just standing four foot tall.

Chapter 3 by Final7Darkness

Ten Months ago,

I just stood four feet tall, with the shoes I wore gave me a two inch boost. I became small enough that I cannot even drive my car anywhere. I mean if I did go off driving and get pulled over by the police I would be mistaken as a child. Amanda just loves me more being this size. Amanda and me went off to buy clothes that would fit me.

As we were shopping, people tend to look at us with confused look on their faces. It was as if they wondering what our relationship is. Are we husband and wife or mother and child, that kind of thing you know.

In case you were wondering, for work Rinslet drives me there as if you can remember is that she work at the same place as me. Anyway gotten side tracked, I might as well tell the day I was fired.

Joe tried to live out like normal as well as having a normal working life but that was very hard as everyone at the work place tend to make fun of his small size. Joe tend to ignore them but when people noticed that was getting smaller, he was called in to see his co worker Natasha Dickson.

Due to my tale, Natasha Dickson isn't her real name 

“Thank you for coming in Joe” said Natasha as she looked at Joe when he walked up to her. Natasha smiled down at Joe with her hands on her hips and learned on her left leg. “Is there something you want miss?” asked Joe as he looked up at Natasha, feeling a slight stiff in his neck.

“Yes there is something” said Natasha as she leaned onto her other left, “We need to talk about your role in the workplace” “What about it?” asked Joe as he looked up at her all confused; “Aren't I doing a good a job?”

“Yes true you are one of the best employees we have and I did went trough a hard time getting you this promotion; but with your current state” said Natasha as she stopped herself from talking. “My current state? I hope you're not talking about me shrinking?” said Joe as he sounded a bit annoyed.”I'm afraid that it is” said Natasha as her smile face turned serious.

“What!” said Joe as he felt himself wanting to shout. “Please take a seat” said Natasha as she pointed to a spear chair that was inside the office. Joe climbed onto the chair and looked up at his boss whom now look even more taller. “You can't fire me just because I'm getting smaller” said Joe as Natasha sat down.

“Well due to how things stand, we cannot pay you fully” said Natasha. “What! Why!” asked Joe as he looked at her worried. “Because the higher ups heard about you being a victim of the Emerald Storm and fear about the cost of insurance it could cover. They fear that your shrinking body might cause them a lot of trouble with the danger you will put yourself in” answered Natasha.

Natasha took a deep breath before she carried on, “On top of that there have been complaints from other co workers” “Complaints...why? I haven't done anything” said Joe. “True you have done nothing wrong but...” said Natasha but was butted in by Joe. “Then what is that I could have done?” asked Joe. “They just complained about how you are getting even more money” answered Natasha as she crossed her left leg over her right.

Joe just looked at her shocked about what she has just said. “I tried my hardest to keep you working for us but the higher ups have agreed upon with two choices” said Natasha. “And those are?” asked Joe. “First that you willingly leave the workplace and that you will get full pay for doing so. Second is that you will have a demotion from the job you have right now and I will work hard into helping you getting another. With this you will be getting less pay” answered Natasha.

Joe looked at the floor not knowing at what to say. Slowly Joe looked up and said, “I'm sorry but you're telling me to either leave or get a less paid job” Natasha placed her right hand on Joe's left small leg. “Just to let you know...my old secretary left and the her spot is open. If you wish, you can become my secretary” said Natasha.

“I...I think about it” said Joe as Natasha let his leg go. “Of course, phone me in the morning about your choice” said Natasha as she stood and looked down at Joe with a smile. “Here let me help you” said Natasha as she leaned forward and helped Joe off the chair. “Thanks” said Joe. With that Natasha walked Joe out of the office.

Of course that when I left the office, I saw my co workers looking at me as if they knew what has just happened and they just loved it. The only person that spoke to me like normal was Rinslet but that soon changed when people started to make out that I was cheating on Amanda with Rinslet.

Now I know what you might be thinking, did I go with the secretary job? Well I did yes but it was so embarrassing to do so. I mean how would you feel if you were at the top of your game suddenly shrinking down in size which causes the way people see you which makes people complain and forces you to get a low paid job.

The people pretty much made my life there a living hell. So a week later I pretty much told Natasha that I quit. She was sad at first but she understood fully as she gave me full pay in doing so.

So what is it that I do afterwards, well let me tell you.

Chapter 4 by Final7Darkness
Nine Months later

Well truth be told...there was times when I wish I did go for the job but what's done is done I guess. But I didn't want the fact that I'm shrinking put me down from finding another job. Amanda was supported the whole way; I guess I would be lost without her.

Joe was in the living room, sitting on one of the sofas not knowing as to what to do with his life. Joe wished that he never took that detour home. Joe was board stiff as he was home alone waiting for his wife to return from work. Feeling sorry for himself due to be unable to carry on working at his old place.

Amanda came home and saw Joe sitting on the sofa. “Hay cheer up, its not the end of the world” said Amanda as she sat down next to him. “Not the end of the world? Well it is to me, it really feels that way to me” said Joe as he looked at his now towering wife. Amanda leaned towards Joe and kissed him on the forehead.

“Hay come on, I'm sure that there's a job for a short guys like yourself” said Amanda as she smiled down at him as she stood up straight. “Please don't call me short” laughed Joe as he stood up as well. “Okay, okay” said Amanda as she laughed along with him; “If you want, I can go with you to look for work”

“Thank you” said Joe as he smiled up at her as the two of the headed off to pick up their coats. With that the two of them headed off outside. Within the next couple of days, the two of them couldn't really find Joe a job. Joe was slightly smaller than the day they started looking. This pretty much made Joe feel useless, a waste of space that's slowly shrinking away.

Amanda entered the living room, after talking to big sister on the phone. “Just been talking to Sandra and I invited her for dinner with the girls tonight” said Amanda as she held the phone in hand. “That's nice...” Joe said back as he didn't look at her. “But...” she said as she slowly sat down next to Joe.

Joe looked up at his wife as she smiled down; “This means that you're going to babysitting Pauline's daughters” Amanda said. “Pardon...what did you say?” asked Joe as he thought he haven't heard her properly. “You heard me, Pauline needs someone to babysit her daughters as there are no else is able to” answered Amanda.

“Erm...unless you've forgotten, right now I stand 3'8 ft and I'm still shrinking” said Joe. “I know...I know...But please do this” begged Amanda as she stroked his head. “You know that I hate that...” said Joe as he moved his head from her grip, “Fine...when do I start?”

“We're going out at six, so best get over to Pauline's place before then” answered Amanda as she kissed the top of his head.

Ever since that I shrunk down the 4 foot scale, Amanda...heck everyone I know done it, just rubbed me on the top of my head. Its almost as if I got a 'rub me' sigh stuck on my back.

Hours have passed since then.

The time on the clock reads half five. Pauline in front of the mirror, just finished putting on her lipstick on, looked back and saw that Joe was laying on bedroom bed. “Well then, best get that little butt of yours over to Pauline's place” said Amanda as she put on her earrings, looking at him from the mirror.

Amanda wore a long white dress with high heels of the same colour.

“I have to say...” said Joe as he sat up, “You look good” “I'm happy to hear that, but I'm afraid that this dress isn't for you little man” said Amanda as she rested onto her left leg and hands on her hips. Joe crawled off the bed and asked, “Perhaps I get you in a dress that's just for me?”

Amanda looked at Joe as he made his way towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She put her right hand on her chin to make that she was thinking pose. “Perhaps...if you've been a good boy” answered Amanda as she wrapped her arms around him. “Please, don't you know who I am?” said Joe as he laughed. “Well then, don't make me repeat” said Amanda as Joe let her Joe. “Yeah, yeah. See you tonight then” said Joe as he smiled up at her. With that Amanda kissed him on the right cheek.

I made my way over there, knocked on the front door and opened was an eight year old girl.

“Hello” said Joe as he looked up at the young girl. Joe worked out that she must be around 4'8 tall. “Hello...” said the girl back as she looked at him all confused. Joe knew that his shrinking was old news but he was surprised that the young girl was looking at him confused.

“Erm...there isn't something on my face is there?” asked Joe as he smiled at her. The girl poked him on his right cheek and just giggled. “Amy...who's at the door?” echoed Pauline's voice. “Its just the little man” answered the girl as she took her finger away from Joe's cheek.

“Just the little man...is that all I am to her, well I hope I some respect” thought Joe as Amy let him in.

Pauline was in the hallway, just finishing herself ready. Joe saw that she wore a red dress along with high heels of the same colour. She was also wearing a golden necklaces.

“Oh hi Joe, glad that you can babysit in such short...erm I mean” said Pauline as he just noticed the use of words she just used. “Its okay...I'm used to the short jokes” laughed Joe as he looked up at her.

“Say erm Joe...” said Pauline as she looked at him strangely, “You got something here” Pauline said this as she pointed towards her right cheek. “What?” asked Joe as he walked towards the hallway mirror. He tiptoed to see better and saw that he had lipstick where his wife kissed him.

“Oh dear” said Joe as he rubbed his cheek which pretty much made it wore as he now have a red cheek. “Right then Joe, I hope everything will be okay. Phone me if the girls are a bit more of a handful” said Pauline as she looked at him as she was making her way to the front door.

“Sure, trust me everything will be fine” Joe said as he waved her goodbye.

That was easy said than done, Amy was easy to handle. She was a good girl, she pretty much helped me out around the house. Sometimes it felt like it's her that babysitting me. Now onto the other girl...

“Alex will you please get off the phone!” ordered Joe as he stood there looking up at the ten year old girl. Alex holding the house phone, looked down and stuck her tong out at him. “What oh nothing...it was only my mum's shrinking friend” said Alex as she looked back up.

“What oh...I don't...hang on let me ask him” said Alex as she looked back down, “Joe how tall are you now?” Joe looked at her and slowly answered, “3'8”

Alex went back up and repeated what he said.

That was pretty much it that night, Alex pretty much talked on the phone to someone. Amy pretty much was well behaved. I stayed there till one o'clock when Pauline came back. With that I left, as I entered the house, Amanda told me that she has some news for me.

What's the news?

Well let me tell you.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=1607