Queendom by Final7Darkness
Summary: On one fateful encounter, Vern's life changed as he found himself slowly shrinking.
Categories: Growing/Shrinking out of clothes, Slow Size Change Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Minikin (3 in. to 1 in.)
Size Roles: None
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 6342 Read: 59761 Published: October 22 2009 Updated: February 08 2010
Story Notes:
Set within a fantasy world, a country known as Queendom, a kingdom where only women may rule and have jobs while the men are not allowed to do anything, only with permission they are allowed to go to the shops and along other things. Because of this, there are only a handful of men living in Queendom.

 

1. Chapter 1: One Fateful Encounter by Final7Darkness

2. Chapter 2: A Night that Changed Everything by Final7Darkness

3. Chapter 3: A Night Ride to the Castle by Final7Darkness

4. Chapter 4: An early Bird catches the early worm by Final7Darkness

5. Chapter 5: A Visit by the Doctor by Final7Darkness

6. Chapter 6: Here Comes the Queen by Final7Darkness

7. Chapter 7: Bump into the Strange Leigh by Final7Darkness

8. Chapter 8: Spinning Compass by Final7Darkness

Chapter 1: One Fateful Encounter by Final7Darkness

“Wake up Vern!” echoed Susie's voice. Vern wakes up with his eyes still shut, “Yeah what is it?” asked Vern. “Its my first day” answered Susie. Vern opened his eyes and saw that she was wearing a uniform that looked like it belong to a witch.

“Oh right...” said Vern as he sat up and got out of bed. “Well brother? Are you going to wish me luck?” asked Susie as she crossed her arms. “Of course sis, hope it goes well” answered Vern as he moved up and hugged her.

“Oh no...I better hurry, don't forget to do the shopping” said Susie as she broke free from Vern's hug and rushed out of the house. “Of course” said Vern as he got changed, took the money that was in the money pot and headed off towards the local shop.

As Vern was walking down the streets, he looked around the area and noticed that he might be the only man left inside the village as everywhere he look, there was women. Some of them looked at him as if he was some sort of outsider. Which if you think about it, he kinder is.

But this sort of this doesn't bother him as he entered the shop.

Once he bought the things he need, he left the shop and headed home. As he was walking home, he spotted a woman dressed highly as if she were rich. Thinking nothing of it, Vern carried on walking till he heard the scream from the rich looking woman.

He looked over and saw that a man with a knife in hand were trying to steal the bag that she were carrying. Vern dashed over to the man and whacked him on the head with the bag in Vern's hand. The thug looked at Vern as Vern kicked him in the stomach. The thug dropped onto his kneels along with the knife, and then at the woman before he ran off.

“Thank you” said the woman as she smiled at Vern. “Your welcome...are you okay?” asked Vern as he picked up his bag of shopping. Before the woman could answer, the sound of another woman shouted out, “What do you think your doing!”

Vern and the woman looked towards the direction that the voice came from and saw that it was a woman wearing a uniform wielding a sword in her right hand. As the woman got up to the rich looking woman, she aimed her sword at Vern.

Vern put his hands up and asked, “What's going on?” “Don't speak to me as if you got right” snapped the woman with the sword. “But he has got right” said the rich woman as she looked at her. “My highness?” asked the woman as she still looking at Vern.

“Highness?” asked Vern. Upon saying that the woman moved her sword towards his neck. “Lucinda please stop that, this man saved my life” said the woman as she tried to get her to lower her sword.

“Saved your life? I told you to stick by me” said Lucinda as she looked at her. “That's my bad but please can you lower the sword to my hero” said the woman. With that Lucinda lowered her sword and looked at Vern with angry eyes.

“May I speak?” asked Vern as he was kinder scared at the eyes that she was giving him. “Speak” ordered Lucinda. “May I go home please” answered Vern. “Flee worm” snapped Lucinda as she pointed down the street.

“Please don't be like that to him” said the woman as Vern walked towards his home. “Its best that we return to the castle princess” said Lucinda as she turned the other way. Vern stopped in his steps when he heard the word princess. “Princess...I saved Princess Josefina” said Vern as he looked back and saw the two woman walking off. He spotted Josefina looked back at him and waved, Vern took a moment before waving back.

From that moment, Vern's life changed forever as he carried on walking home.

 

Chapter 2: A Night that Changed Everything by Final7Darkness

That night at Vern's house,

“So what did you do today?” asked Susie as she sat down by the table and began eating dinner. “Oh nothing much, just went shopping with your permission of course, tidy the house and cooked dinner. How was your day?” answered Vern as he began eating.

“Oh I learnt many things about Runes. By the way, have you heard the news?” answered Susie. “What news that then?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “They say that Princess Josefina was almost a victim to a thug within the village” answered Susie.

“Really, what happened?” asked Vern as he knew what happened. “They say that she was saved by a man. I guess that there are still good men in Queendom...beside you of course” answered Susie as she smiled at him.

As the two of them were finishing off eating, there was a knock on the door. Vern went off and answered it, “Yes” said Vern before he knew who it was at the door.

Standing there was Lucinda along with Josefina. “Going to let us in maggot?” asked Lucinda as she looked at Vern with those angry eyes again. “Of course, how rude of me, please come on in” said Vern as he allowed the two of them in.

The two of them entered the house.

“Oh my god!” said Susie as she covered her mouth with her hands. “Greetings” said Josefina as she waved at her. “Why is the princess in our house?” asked Susie. “I like to ask the same thing too” said Lucinda as she looked at Vern.

“You weren't that easy to find hero” said Josefina as she smiled at Vern. “Hero...what does she mean by that?” asked Susie as she looked at Vern. “Vern is my hero” answered Josefina as she moved towards Vern and kissed him on the cheek.

“Oh my god...are you saying that Vern is the man that save the princess” said Susie. “Well that's the story...beside, why are we here princess?” asked Lucinda as she looked at her. “I like to give back the favour for my hero” answered Josefina.

“What kind of favour?” asked Vern. “I'm going to let you work at the castle” answered Josefina as she smiled at Vern. “What?” said all three of them. “What do you mean working at the castle?” asked Lucinda as she looked at her.

“It means what its means, I'm allowing my hero to serve under me” answered Josefina as she looked at Vern. “But...but...wasn't the law state that men aren't allowed to do anything, like a job” said Vern.

“Well you are going to work for me and if anyone else doesn't like it then, it doesn't matter. You are going to live at the castle with me” said Josefina. “Vern's going to live at the castle...may I as well” asked Susie. “Of course you can” answered Josefina. “Oh I'm not going to like this” said Lucinda as she shook her head.

“Don't be like that!” said Susie as she looked at her. “Oh shut up and lets get going” said Lucinda as she left the house. “Come on then” said Josefina as she held Vern's hand. “Hay wait up!” said Susie as she grabbed her hat and left the house.

Chapter 3: A Night Ride to the Castle by Final7Darkness

“I shall send someone to pick up both of your things” said Josefina as she entered a carriage with Vern and Susie along. Lucinda entered last and stayed quiet all through the trip, giving Vern the evils.

As the four of them were heading towards the castle, Vern felt like he was really out of place. “So how did you manage to find Vern?” asked Susie as she looked at Josefina. “Who do you think you are asking the princess like you got right” snapped Lucinda. “Can you please loosen up” said Josefina as she had a cross look on her face.

“Forgive me princess” said Lucinda as she looked at the floor of the carriage. “Wow, so ho did you find Vern?” asked Susie as she looked at Lucinda with a smile across her face. “It was easy really, Vern was the only man that was living within the village and after a few questioning I found out where he lives” answered Josefina.

“Princess...what is it that you want me do as your servant?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Oh you just have to do everything I say, that's all” answered Josefina as she looked at him. “Oh Okay then” said Vern.

The four of them just sat there waiting to arrive at the castle which happened within an hour. “There it is Vern, your new home” said Josefina as she looked outside the window and saw the castle in plain view.

“Wow, that's huge!” said Susie as she was impressed at the sight. “Hmm, take that it that a low life like you never seen anything bigger than your little house” laughed Lucinda as she looked at her. Josefina looked at her with angry eyes which to Vern's surprise worked as she kept quiet for the remainder to ride.

After a few minutes, the carriage arrived at the gates of the castle. As they all went out, a group of women dressed in maid outfits walked towards them. They all looked at Vern thinking as if it strange for a man to riding with the princess.

“Welcome home your highness” the group said as they each took a bow. “Thank you, can one of you escort my guests to their room” said Josefina as she smiled at them. “Please, come this way” said one of the maids as she smiled at Vern and Susie.

With that the two of them followed her while Josefina, Lucinda and rest of maids walked off elsewhere within the castle. “Can you please tell me what you were doing alone at that village?” asked Lucinda.

“I told you before didn't I?” asked Josefina as she looked at her and saw that she shock her head. “I don't know really, I had this strange feeling that I was ment to have gone there” answered Josefina. “Could it have something to do with the runes?” asked Lucinda.

Josefina looked at the back of her right hand and looked at a mark that shaped liked a sun. “Perhaps, it might be by chance or by fate that I met Vern. If it was by fate, then I hope he bares the other” answered Josefina. “Either way princess, you have to convince the queen when she gets back into keeping him within the castle” said Lucinda as she looked at the rune on Josefina's hand.

“Then the more reason that he should have the other rune. I hope the maid can report back to me that he is the barer” said Josefina. “And if he's not?”” asked Lucinda as she saw that they were heading towards Josefina's room.

“If not then, he will be living here as long as I will it” answered Josefina as she smiled at her. Lucinda stood within the hallway as she saw the princess and the maids enter the bedroom. “Dam...I'm so not going to like this” said Lucinda as she shook her head as she walked off.

Meanwhile within the guest room,

“Wow, I cannot believe that we're living within the castle of Queendom” said Susie as she looked out of the room's window and saw the area that shrouded the castle. “Yeah me too, I wasn't expecting much but to live within the castle...it feels kinder strange” laughed Vern as he stood next her.

“Huh is something wrong?” asked Susie as she noticed that Vern was starching the back of his left hand. “Everything is fine, come on then, lets see if we are allowed to wonder the castle” answered Vern as he stopped starching.

“Please guests, rest for the night, its getting late for a wonder about” said the maid as she was standing by the entrance of the room. “Okay, thank you. What time does everyone get up?” asked Vern.

“Everyone wakes up at eight O'clock sharp, do you two wish to waken by then?” answered the maid. “Please” said the two of them. “As you wish” said the maid as she took a bow before leaving. With that the two of them headed into their beds and slowly fallen asleep.

Unknown to Vern, something was shining on the back of his left hand as it was in the shape of a crescent moon.

Chapter 4: An early Bird catches the early worm by Final7Darkness

That night, Vern couldn't even sleep. He was worried about as to why he, the only man within the castle. Along with the fact that the back of his left hand was itching him like hell.

As the sunlight began to shine through the shadows of the curtains of the room, Vern stood up and got himself changed. As he was wearing his clothes, he don't know why, but to him it felt like it was loose.

Deciding to take a tour around the castle, Vern left the bedroom and walked down the corridor. As he was walking down the corridor, he could hear the sound of footsteps coming from behind. Vern stopped in his tracks and looked back and saw that there was no one there.

“Huh” said Vern as he turned back round to carry on walking. “You know its rude not say hello right?” asked a female's voice. Vern stopped again and looked back and saw that there was no one there.

“I'm right here” said the voice that was behind him. Vern looked back and saw an eighteen year old woman with purple hair. “Erm...hello” said Vern. “Hello, nice to meet you...erm?” said the woman. “Vern, Vern Byrd” answered Vern as he stuck his hand out for her shake.

“Flora Ashley, nice to meet you hero” said the woman as she shook his hand. “So I guess you heard about me then” said Vern as he let her hand go. “Oh please, tell me a woman that doesn't know that lives inside the castle” said Flora as she smiled at him.

“Really...I'm that famous” said Vern as he scratch the back of his head. “Of course you are, and that you are the first man that's not married to the royal to be living in the castle” said Flora as she turned round and walked off.

“Hay erm” said Vern. Flora stopped walking and looked back with a smile. “You don't suppose you could show me around?” asked Vern. Flora placed her index finger on her chin and said, “Well, its not really my place to give you the grand tour but I can show you something that's better”

“Really thank you” said Vern as the two of them walked off.

The two of them entered up on the roof of the castle. “Wow” said Vern as he looked out at the view that the rooftop gave him. “Pretty yes?” asked Flora as she looked out at the sunrise which was mixed with the clouds.

“Very” said Vern as he looked up. Just then, the two of them could hear the sound of a sword clashing into another sword. The two of them looked towards the direction of the sound and saw Lucinda with her sword in hand.

“That's the training ground for all soldiers that serve under the queen” said Flora as the two of the walked towards the edge of the rooftop to get a better look. “Is she always that serous?” asked Vern as he looked at Flora.

“Very, she and the princess and pretty much the best of friends. And well, due to the way she grew up under the queen's wing caused her to pretty much hate men” said Flora as she looked back at Vern.

“Really” said Vern as he looked back at Lucinda as she swung her sword with another woman whom also wielded a sword. “Well then, best for you to return to your room so that you can get the grand tour” said Flora as she walked off the rooftop. Vern followed her.

Chapter 5: A Visit by the Doctor by Final7Darkness
As the two of them were heading back to the guess room, they heard the sound of someone coughing. Vern looked at the direction and saw that it was a tall woman whom was wearing a long white coat, black high heels, short glasses. The woman has long cyan hair.

“I believe we haven't met” said the woman as she pushed her glasses up. “I'm Vern Byrd” said Vern as he held his hands out. The woman shock Vern's hand and said back, “The name's Cecile Ortiz, I'm the doctor of the palace”

Vern noticed the way Cecile was talking to him, it was as if she didn't mind that he was a guy. “In case your wondering, I don't mind about you being a man” said Cecile as she took her hand back.

“Vern needs to get back to the guest room in time for the tour” said Flora as she was trying to get Vern to leave with her. “Oh that's alright, I just informed the princess that Vern needs a check up. So's there need to hurry back” said Cecile as she walked towards Vern.

“What? Why do I need a check up for?” asked Vern as Cecile held his left arm. “Well its to see if you are in top shape to be the princess' servant” answered Cecile as she smiled at him. Vern couldn't tell why but something seems to be off, Vern is a tall man but noticed that Cecile was almost as tall as him.

With that Flora gave a shrug and said, “Okay then, see you two later then” Cecile led Vern to her office. “Why don't you take a seat while I get everything ready” said Cecile as she walked to her table while Vern too a seat.

After a few tests, which shows that Vern was in tip top shape. All that was left was to take his measurements. “Okay then Vern, before I let you go I need to get your measurements” said Cecile as she stood next to a measurement scale.

Vern took his shoes off and stood next to the scale. Cecile began to do the measurement, once done, she wrote it down and said, “5'7...strange” “I'm sorry what?” asked Vern as he looked at her with a confused look.

“You're 5'7, based on your last check up...it says that were 5'9” answered Cecile as Vern put his shoes back on. “What...how is that possible?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Well, seeing as how you are the only man in the village...the female doctor that checked you properly didn't do right due to the fact that you're a man” answered Cecile as she walked back to her table.

“Well, if I think I think about it, she did seem like she wanted me leave her office as fast as possible” said Vern. “You are in good shape, Vern. Just don't worry about the height confusion. Okay then, time for your tour” said Cecile as she walked next to Vern .

With that the two of them headed towards the guest room where they saw, Josefina, Lucinda and Susie waiting outside. “Ah, the maggot returned” said Lucinda as she looked at Vern and Cecile walking towards them.

“Lucinda...we talked about this” said Josefina as she looked annoyed. “I'm sorry” said Lucinda as she looked at the floor. “Seeing as how Vern is to become your servant, what am I to do here?” asked Susie as she looked at Josefina.

“You got a job as a Runologyist right?” asked Cecile as she looked at her. “Huh, how did you know?” asked Susie as she looked at her. “I was informed, anyway aren't you? “ answered Cecile. “Well, I'm just a Runologyist in training” said Susie. “Well, if its alright with the princess, I'm willing to teach Susie how to use Light Runes” said Cecile as she looked at Josefina.

“Well, that's really up you Susie” said Josefina as she looked at Susie. “Wow...thanks, I love to” answered Susie as she smiled at everyone. “Well then, since everyone is here, show I get to show you all around” said Josefina as she led the way. With that, Vern and Susie followed her while Lucinda stayed behind with Cecile.

“So...have you done what the princess asked?” asked Lucinda as she looked at Cecile. “Yeah I did” answered Cecile as she looked back. “And?” said Lucinda as she turned to her. “He show sighs of having it” said Cecile.

“Damit, then he is the one” said Lucinda as she walked off. “Well then...best learn more about that Rune” said Cecile as she left to back to her office.

Chapter 6: Here Comes the Queen by Final7Darkness

Vern along with Susie follow Josefina as she showed them around the castle, she showed them where the throne room was and the training grounds for where the soldiers train. After a few hours of showing the place, the three them headed back to the guest rooms and then they heard a voice shout out, “Princess!”

The three of them looked at whom spoke and saw that it was Lucinda walking towards them. “Yes what is it?” asked Josefina. “Its the Queen, she has returned” answered Lucinda as she looked a bit happy. Josefina knew why she was smiling as there would be a great chance that Vern would be kicked out of the castle or worst, being sent to jail for the remainder of his life.

“Where is mother?” asked Josefina. “She's at the throne room listening to the requests of her guest” answered Lucinda as she walked off towards the throne room. Josefina looked at Vern and said, “Its best that you stay in your room for the time being”

“Huh, how come?” asked Vern as he was confused at her statement. “Please, it would be best that mother doesn't see you before I say anything to her” answered Josefina as she walked off. “Oh...okay then” said Vern as he and Susie entered the guest room.

Josefina and Lucinda both entered the throne room. There they saw the Queen, whom looks a lot like Josefina but slightly older with a slash of gray in her hair. Josefina's mother goes by the name of Celina.

“Welcome back mother, how was the meeting in Sandby?” asked Josefina as she walked towards her. “Wait one moment please, carry on” answered Celina as she didn't look at her daughter but looked at the guest.

The guest was a woman with long blond hair that reaches to her waist worn a black tail coat that pianists wear along with blue trousers as well as black high heel boots. “Thank you Queen, I believe that everything is accounted for, give me what I want and you shall get what you want” said the guest.

“Then it is a deal Leigh. I shall have it ready when you return” said Celina with a smile on her face. “Thank you, then I shall return in a week” said Leigh as she took a bow, stood up and then left. “Mother...may I ask what that was about?” asked Josefina as she walked towards her.

Celina looked at her and answered with a smile on her face, “No, you may not” “Oh, okay then, then about my first question” said Josefina. “Well the meeting with the other royals didn't go as planned” answered Celina.

“What you mean?” asked Josefina. “It means that the war that Nooj have started might reach here within months. So Lucinda, its best to get the rest of soldiers ready” answered Celina. “As you wish” said Lucinda as she took a bow and left.

“Is there something daughter of mine?” asked Celina as she noticed that she was still in the room. “Its just that yesterday...I almost got attack” answered Josefina. “Oh my poor daughter, are you okay?” asked Celina as she stood up from her throne and hugged Josefina.

“Erm, I'm fine I was save by a guy called Vern and to reward him I allowed him serve under me” said Josefina very fast hoping that she wouldn't get mad. “I'm sorry, what did you say?” asked Celina. “I was saved by a guy called Vern” said Josefina hoping that she wouldn't ask the thing goes next.

“No, no, I heard that one, the thing you said next” said Celina as she looked at her daughter. Josefina looked at the floor and answered, “My reward for him to serve under me” “That what I thought, you know how I feel about men working in the castle” said Celina as she left her go.

“But you allowed father to stay here” said Josefina. “Yes that was when we were married, did you really think I wouldn't notice a man living in my castle” answered Celina as she walked back to her throne.

“But mother, I believe that he is the one” said Josefina as she walked towards her. “The one what?” asked Celina. “The one with the other rune, just like the one father once had before he died” answered Josefina. “If you really think that he is the one, then please show me otherwise, he shall be kicked out” said Celina.

“Very well, I shall do that” said Josefina as she left the throne room as Lucinda entered. “Lucinda, if the boy that has the rune is true...make his life here a living hell” said Celina as she looked at her. Lucinda just smiled as she took a bow in front of her and said, “As you wish”

Chapter 7: Bump into the Strange Leigh by Final7Darkness

Josefina walked out from the throne room and walked through the hallway, heading towards the guest room that Vern was staying in. As she was walking she heard the sound of someone eating an apple. Josefina looked towards where the noise came from and saw the woman that was just inside the throne room.

“Hello” said Leigh as she still have her mouth full. Josefina stopped walking and looked at her and saw that Leigh was leaning against the wall with her left foot on the wall along with a purple apple in her right hand. “Hello” said Josefina back as she was about to carry on walking.

“Beautiful day isn't it” said Leigh which stopped Josefina from walking. “It is” said Josefina as she tried to walk away. “War is coming” said Leigh as she put her left foot down on the floor. Josefina looked at her with a confused look. “Is it really?” asked Josefina as she sounded worried. “Oh yes, yes indeed. It shall come so very soon, closer than you think” answered Leigh as she walked up to her taking another bite from her apple.

“Why are you telling me this?” asked Josefina as she took a step back. “Well, you understand in due time. Oh by the way, best use this” answered Leigh as she handed Josefina a pocket compass. Josefina looked at it and noticed that the arrow keeps on spinning 360, this makes her think its broken.

“Its broken” said Josefina as she looked back and saw Leigh walking off taking another bite off her apple. “I said its broken!” shouted Josefina. “Its not for you silly princess, make sure the moon bearer use it when you see him” shouted Leigh without looking back. Josefina looked at Leigh as she saw her walking out from her sight.

With that Josefina rushed off towards the guest room and saw Vern sitting on his bed. “Princess?” was all Vern could say as Josefina rushed in towards him and placed her hands onto his shoulders. “Vern...can I ask something” said Josefina as her face was close to his.

“Wha...what is it?” asked Vern as he was kinder nervous of being very close to the princess. “Do you have a Rune on you?” answered Josefina. “A Rune...what are you talking about?” asked Vern as Josefina let him go. “A Rune, a Rune that's shaped like a moon. You have something like that on you?” answered Josefina as she grabbed hold of Vern's hands.

Before Vern could answer, an aqua light shaped like a crescent moon shinned on the back of Vern's left hand. Josefina looked at the Rune and then looked at Vern with a smile across her face. Vern didn't know why but he felt something like a heartburn inside his chest for only a moment.

“Come with me” said Josefina as she pulled Vern up onto his feet. As Vern was being dragged, he noticed that his clothes were a bit more loose. He even noticed that Josefina was slightly taller than before but he only lay it off as if she was wearing high heels.

As Josefina dragged Vern inside the throne, Leigh was standing by the corner of the corridor that leads to the throne room. She looked on with a smile and she walked off whistling out of the palace.

“Here you go mother” said Josefina as she walked towards Celina. Josefina stuck Vern's left hand towards Celina whom just looked at hand and said, “So it is daughter, so it is” “Well done maggot, you've just won yourself a room” said Lucinda as she walked towards Vern.

Vern looked at Lucinda as he has a feeling that the events that are to come are going to be trouble.

Chapter 8: Spinning Compass by Final7Darkness

A day has passed since everyone have learnt that Vern is the bearer of the Luna Crest Rune, since then Vern was back in the guest room stumbling over on what the events that have just happened. “So its true then?” asked Susie as she was sitting on the other bed of the guest room.

Vern was laying on his bed as he answered, “Seem like it...not that I understand why its such a big deal” “Not a big deal...Vern...do you have any idea as to how important that rune is” said Susie as she looked out of the window.

Vern looked at his sister and said, “All I know about the rune is that's what keeping us living here” “I look into as much as I can” said Susie as she looked at her brother. Just then there was a knock on the door.

The two of them looked at it and saw Josefina enter. “Morning...how are feeling today?” asked Josefina with a smile on her face. Vern sat up and answered, “I'm feeling better than yesterday” “Glade to hear that...hope you don't feel anymore heart burns” said Josefina as she remembered that Vern was complaining about it after everyone learnt that he had the rune.

Vern stood up and noticed that something was odd about Josefina; thinking about it, he noticed something odd with Susie as well. “You okay?” asked Josefina as she saw Vern looking confused. Josefina touched Vern's right shoulder, with this, Vern felt a tingle at the sole of his feet. “Best go see Cecile” said Susie as she saw that Vern didn't look good.

“Okay, okay...I shall go see her” said Vern as he smiled at the two of them. With that he left the room, leaving Josefina and Susie. Josefina took out the pocket compass that Leigh gave her the day before.

“What's that then?” asked Susie as she saw the compass. “Huh oh, its just something that's meant to be for Vern” answered Josefina as she showed her the compass. Susie looked at the compass and saw that the arrow on it was spinning a full three sixty. “Huh...is it broken?” asked Susie as she looked at Josefina.

“I'm not sure...I was told to give this to Vern” said Josefina as she put the pocket compass away. “Are you going to give it to him?” asked Susie as she saw the princess was walking towards the entrance. “Of course, after she finished cheeking on Vern I'm going to give him it” answered Josefina as she smiled at her as she left the room.

 

"Well then, what seems to be the problem?" asked Cecile as she looked a her clipboard of notes. Vern was sitting on a chair as he looked at the doctor whom was walking left and right. Cecile goes through her notes and every now and then she looked at Vern and then back at the notes. "I've been getting these pains, like heart burns" answered Vern.

"Heart burn is it...hmm...that would explain it" said Cecile as she wrote something down on the clipboard. “What? What does that mean?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Hmm...oh it means that the effects are kicking in” said Cecile as she was still writing. “What effects?” asked Vern. “The effects of the Runes, Josefina has a full Sun Crest Rune while you whom is the new bearer of only have a fourth of the Luna Crest Rune” answered Cecile.

“What effects!” snapped Vern as he stood up from the chair. Cecile stopped writing and looked at Vern. It took a moment before Vern noticed that something was different. Cecile saw that Vern knew what was going on in his head. She took a deep breath before she said, “Shrinking...you are shrinking Vern”

“What do you mean I'm shrinking?” asked Vern as he looked at Cecile as he saw that she was standing a little taller than he last saw her. “Well then, think of it like this. When its night, the moon is the strongest and when it day the sun is the strongest. During the day the moon can be seen but it isn't at its strongest because the sun engulfed the moon. The moon will become over shadowed by the sun” said Cecile as she put her clipboard down.

“What are you saying?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “What I'm saying is that the two runes act like the sun and moon. The only way the two are even is when the dusk and the dawn blend together becoming the twilight” said Cecile as she carried on talking.

“Twilight? Why are you telling me this?” asked Vern. “Because the two sides must be whole; other wise bad things will comes” answered Cecile as she sat down. “What bad things?” asked Vern. “The things that are to come is something that I do not know but what I do know is that we need to fill that rune of yours” answered Cecile.

“How do we do that then?” asked Vern as he looked at Cecile standing up. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. “Come on in” said Cecile as she looked at the door. The door opened and in came Josefina. “Ah princess, what can I do for you?” asked Cecile as Josefina was walking towards her and Vern.

“Its just that I couldn't help but over hear about runes” answered Josefina as she looked at the the back of her right hand. There was a faint markings of a sun on her hand. “Its just that...am I the cause of Vern's shrinking?” asked Josefina as she looked at Vern. “Don't worry...I'm sure everything will be alright if we can fill my rune” said Vern as he looked at the back of his left hand.

“Ah that's right...this belongs to you” said Josefina as she took out the spinning compass. The two of them saw that the arrow was spinning 360. “Belongs to me?” asked Vern as Josefina handed the compass to him. As Vern looked at the compass, he saw that the arrow stopped spinning as it was pointed north west.

“Oh...the arrow...stopped” said Vern as he showed the woman the compass. “What the?” said Josefina as she took the compass from Vern. From that moment the arrow began to spin 360 again . Josefina showed the others this. “Strange...” said Cecile as she took the compass off Josefina which was still spinning. Cecile then looked at Vern and handed him the compass.

The arrow stopped spinning and pointed towards north west again. “I thought so” said Cecile as she looked at the compass and took it off him. The arrow began to spin again. “The compass only seem top work when ever Vern holds it” said Cecile as she handed the compass back to him. “So that what she meant” said Josefina to herself.

“What was that princess?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Oh its nothing, nothing important” answered Josefina. “Well then...shall we see how tall you are?” asked Cecile as she picked up her clipboard and walked towards markings on the wall. “Wha?” was all Vern could say. “Come on...we need to know how tall you and see if we can cover your height loss from others” said Cecile as she looked at him as he walked towards the wall.

Vern took his shoes off and stood with his back against the wall. Cecile looked at the wall and wrote down Vern's new height. “Well...how tall is he?” asked Josefina as she walked next to her. Cecile showed Josefina the writings. “What....what is it?” asked Vern as he looked at the two.

“Here you go, I think we can cover this” answered Cecile as she showed him the height which is 5'5. Vern has lost four inches. “Wha...what do I do know?” asked Vern as he put his shoes on. “Its best that you begin your first day while I work things out with what the filling of the rune” answered Cecile.

“Come on then, Vern...lets begin our first day together” said Josefina as she smiled at Vern. With that Vern walked out of the office with Josefina. Leaving Cecile to her thoughts.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=1330