Rooming with Humans by kogochew
Summary:

When two fairies are caught up in magic theft incident, both fairies have their magical ability rearranged and need to go to a magic academy to teach them basic control over their abilities. 

But the school being a simple few lessons a day, the real new experience and trials for the lone wolf fairy Deri is having to now deal with some human roommates by order of her fairy Queen. An aggressive and pushy home owner, and shut in who has problems even being in the same room as the fairy.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Categories: Young Adult 20-29, Body Exploration, Entrapment, Feet, Instant Size Change, Mouth Play, Unaware Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Minikin (3 in. to 1 in.)
Size Roles: F/f, FF/f
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5257 Read: 6149 Published: February 15 2022 Updated: February 15 2022

1. Lead Up by kogochew

2. New Fairy Moves In by kogochew

3. Magical Limitations by kogochew

4. Fleeing for Help by kogochew

Lead Up by kogochew
Author's Notes:

Background Pre Story Setup

Of a bunch of the powerful creatures hidden in plain sight, the fairies are very high on the list. Though plenty split off to become pranksters or follow their own ways, when all kept together in a group they're a very tough bunch. With their ability to use a many spells naturally and learn others through teachings.

All that ability comes at a cost, too much magical knowledge and energy absorbed in one fairy can cause their magic to leak out and go wild injuring the wielder and those around them. For these fairies that aren't able to adjust to their levels of excess, they have stones that contain the added magic power like a sponge that the fairies can store or take magic from as they please. These stones are a newer device created by the Fairy Queen to help her subjects, but some fairies learned of ways to drain these stones of others and increase their own power.

Such as one greedy fairy that craves more and more power. Using the special stones and her natural adaptive abilities she was able to store more in herself than others, as well as fit more into her own stone than most. She became a threat to many others who weren't even aware of what she was doing behind the scenes. Word did get around and another fairy who was always deep in her studies prepared for an attack on her. When she was attacked by the greedy one she countered the drain, but with all of the magic energy overflowing both crystals in their double drain sabotage, all of the magic shot into the air blasting both fairies into magic-less shells left lying on the floor.

The Fairy Queen had plans for these two magic-less fairies lying on the ground, lying under their joint magic floating above in a mess of energy. Perhaps by guilt for the flaws of these stones that were so easily taken advantage of, the ones created by the Queen herself, she had decides to give the thieving fairy another chance. She had split the free flowing magic that's whirling in the air into two special stones created by the Queen and elders that force a daily magical allowance on those wielding them.

Both fairies needing to learn control, control of her greed for the thief, and control of magical excess for the studious fairy that countered the attack. The elder fairies having to be the ones to monitor the daily magical usage and gains of the two, requires them to join newly developing magical fairies in a magical academy. This special academy is built in a human city, where normal fairy students just warp to, these two fairies are dictated by the Queen to both take these magical allowance stones and live with humans until their required new teachings are all completed.

The studious fairy, through all her protests to the decision, had to pack up and move out to a human home. Not knowing who would be there, how they’d act. Only knowing that she’s now stuck with some human family for an undetermined amount of time.

New Fairy Moves In by kogochew
Author's Notes:

Now starting the story with the fairy heading to her new home

About to knock on the door of her new temporary home, Deri's handshakes. The fairy uses magic to keep herself human form easily, but actually talking and living with humans is something she's going to need to learn to become accustomed to. Thrown in a situation all out of her choice from defending herself, and now it's as though she's being punished.


She looks at her shaking hand and starts becoming annoyed with herself. 'Ugh, why am I so nervous? They're just humans.' She sinks her head down, her purple and green eyes glaring at the wooden porch she stands on. 'This whole situation is beyond unfair, being punished foe defending myself. I just want to return home.' 


Deri thinks back at staying in her room in the fairy kingdom, reading plenty of spells even though her magic wasn't the strongest around. She had spent a fair chunk of her studies to go around that handicap by twisting an attacker's magic back at them, hurting them with their own magical strength. When the time had come she realized that the spells never took in the emotional aspects and how they'd affect the situation.


Leading to Deri standing in front of this red door, about to live with some strangers. 'Pfft, what am I worried about?' She starts chuckling to herself 'The humans will probably be too afraid I'll cast a spell on them!' Not that she'd be allowed to, but all a human would know is a magical fairy is being punished and has to live with them.


With the thought of some frightened humans at an all-powerful fae, she knocks on the stranger's door with confidence. Her eyes open wide a bit hearing scuffle on the other side. She stares at the door waiting in the silence.


A moment later and some louder thuds are making their way on the other side. The door is thrown open in front of Deri and she sees a woman wearing a purple vest, torn top, sleeved gloves and tight leather pants. Hair two shades of purple, shoulders and above held over Deri's eyes. She doesn't address Deri when she opened the door and turned inside yelling down the interior "If you're gonna order shit, at least get it yourself!" There's no reaction, and Deri just eyes her looking shocked to watch her finally address her. "Sup?" She says calmly lying her body against the door.


The woman starts scratching her head, leaning on the door, saying out "Huh, girl scout time already?" Deri goes from surprise to annoyance being talked down to "I guess that's a good thing, we have someone moving in here soon, so we could use some snacks." Deri not partaking in the annoying game this human stranger is roping at her, raises her duffle at her. "OOOH! Deri!" She stands fully upward looking down at the fairy girl "Sorry, it's just that the other fairies I've seen using that human size spell on themselves look much bigger than you." Deri can feel her patience being tested more and more "Well shorty, the name's Mari."


With a pat on the back, Deri jumps a bit and follows the taller woman in. The house's main room connects the kitchen and living room area, divided by the kitchen's one step elevation and the sofa acting as the border around the carpet looking at the television with a reading area in the corner across. Mari fiddles around with a chain accessory leaking out of her pocket as she waits Deri to pull her bag in.


"So over there's the kitchen, feel free to have whatever, there's a laptop on that table. Door outside, sofa if you ever want to see something just hop on, we try to do whoever's first gets to pick." Mari not fully prepared to translate from a fairy's lifestyle to a human one rambles on some extra details "Humans here sleep in beds, we each have a room, so just sleep in your own.."


Deri unable to contain her patience and ready to be alone hurries up the process of her host telling her "Y'know, fairies and humans have been established together for a long time. This long explanation of basic human needs is completely unnecessary to-" Deri's eyes having been closed for her comeback opens them mid rant and notices her hostess sitting on the sofa not listening to her and instead channel surfing.


Mari looks over noticing the speech ended and sees her glaring and asks "What? You said you got it." Deri's lip furls up and she stomps in place.


"J-just show me to my room!" Her anger, annoyance and some embarrassment all mixing into one.


Mari holds open the door "So here it is!" Light blue walls, pink empty shelving, purple door, Deri doesn't say anything but this room felt very much like a baby's room save for there being the bare mattress in the corner.


Deri enters while Mari leans on the open door watching her come in. Setting her luggage on the mattress she opens it up to start digging in for her new uniform she'll have to wear for this academy. Practically a prisoner's uniform to her for having to deal with this nonsense when she was just protecting herself.


"Yeah it's pretty empty, I couldn’t really fill it not knowing what you're into. I don't have to worry about you getting lost or hurt going to the store to fill it right?" Mari asks, whether a genuine question or not, Deri was sick of feeling like she was talked down to. Being forced here like a child, now constantly belittled.


She slams her luggage case back closed then turns to her new caretaker with an angry glare "Alright look!" She walks her way up to the woman holding her finger out at her "It wasn't my choice to live here, it wasn't my choice to come and deal with humans. I've been living on my own just fine long enough. Stop treating me like I'm some human daughter. In fact I'm older than y-" her rant is cut off as the hand that was pointing toward the taller woman is stopped by being grabbed by the sleeve gloved hand.


Her body is pulled into Mari's as Mari leans down to talk to her directly, eye to eye "Hehe, there it is. I could tell you were one of those stuck up fairy girls." Deri's face is mid panic not expecting her to talk to her so direct while she thought she had the upper hand "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you can fight back, but you need to cut that high and mighty fairy shit or else you'll see how low you can actually be talked down to and treated." She releases her hand and Deri steps back to her bed holding the hand that was gripped looking at the woman whose energy switched back to carefree "So yeah, dinner'll be going soon. You don't have to worry about eating together or anything."


Mari exits the room, stretching her arms out and sticking them behind her head thinking about cooking or eating together and smiles to herself "Doubt that Myriam would even step out of her room with you here anyway." She happily hums to herself walking away.


Deri sits there, clearly unprepared for what she just dealt with. She had thought a human would be more wary of her, but it seems as though her appearance may’ve taken away any sort of threatening remark she could give. Her eyebrows focus down and she angrily scoffs at the situation and resumes unpacking her items, not planning on talking to anyone the rest of the day.


Magical Limitations by kogochew

The next morning she wakes up, back to her fairy size in the massive human bed she had slept in. She makes her way over to the foot of the bed, looking at the magic stone she left there the night before. She rests her hand on it to give her daily charge naturally conjuring out her icicle crystal wings and flies over to her uniform. A blue sailor uniform with little butterfly pins on the shirt. She sighs, annoyed at how her Queen's mind works but shrugs it off.


Changing into it she looks herself over with a grumble, the uniform makes her look even younger. Bright pastel colors of blue and pink and green butterflies. She sucks it up and makes her way out of her new room. The hallway is dark and walking down it in her socks she doesn't make any noise. She looks at the doors past her, one for the restroom, one for Mari's room, one for the basement and another she's unsure of. She doesn’t think about it much as she'd rather just head out than deal with anyone waking up and bugging at her.


After leaving the house she returns fairy sized and leaves toward the academy. What she's surprised by is how different her body feels with the mixed magic in her, like she has a boost of capability. Except when she arrived she saw that all the others there were human sized, and not wanting to be stepped on by another learner she activated the human form again.


Deri's time at the academy was very basic, some fairies were there learning spells, some learning how to co op with humans, her day was more exercises and learning of her new ability. Stuff she feels like she could learn at her own, but she was out of the house so that was a plus. Except now she's being talked down to in another way, something she can't escape even here it seems.


The day had ended, Deri didn't bother going around meeting the others, she had no desire, she just wanted to go back to locking herself away. Maybe sleeping the rest of these days will help her adapt quicker without trying. Or maybe even grab a book from Mari's study corner and get lost in a human fable. It felt odd because she didn't see her as the reading type. Maybe they're the collection of the mystery roommate.


Flying through the sky, not bothering with the walk, less issues up here, Deri was taking a more casual speed. No real rush to return and not aiming to be spotted by any more strange humans around, she just collected her thoughts with the wind blowing on her face.


Reaching nearer to the house she thought up her best way of getting past the eyes of her unwanted human roommate. Thanks to the extra boost in magic ability she should be able to use multiple spells one after another without running out before she can return and power down for the evening. When Deri is above the house she activates an invisibility charm and cloaks herself. She hums happily having thought up a way to avoid dealing with any humans today and opens the door completely unseen.


It's after her first step that her head feels flush, she puts her hand on her head and realizes her magical ability is fully drained. "What? How can my magic be out? I only flew and turned invisi-" she then realized it feeling the doorknob in her hand "flight, invisibility, and human form...crap." having had her human form going all day using a bit of her power, attacked with both flight then invisibility she had drained her daily allowance. That magical emptiness kicked in to her, causing her to drop down and pass out on the wooden floor still by the open door.


It didn't take too long for her to lift herself back up, but when she did she realized the unfortunate state she was in. Drained of magical ability, she'd be unable to fly, and unable to return to human sized. The powerless fairy sit on the floor looking at the giant house around her. Everything she snuck through this morning in only seconds is now stretched out into far distances.


"This... isn't great." She says to herself in her diminished voice. She doesn't yet know the routine of the people she's with so she's unsure if they'll show up. Then if they do, will it be on good terms after her not great first impression the day before?


"It'll be fine...I don't have to worry." Deri tries to talk away her nervousness that's hitting her so helpless down on the floor. "Uuurk! Who am I kidding?!" She pushes her hands into her cheeks, roughly rubbing her face annoyed at herself for letting this happen. Her reactions to her own mistake leave the tiny girl rolling on the wood floor of the entrance.


The meltdown is cut short when the ground shakes and she sits up in shock. The thuds coming from the hallway closer to the living area she's sitting by. Deri picks herself up in panic and rushes to the small study area set by to hide under the recliner's foot and stay out of sight from whoever's walking along. The panicked girl really hoping she doesn't have to deal with being toyed with by Mari.


With a softer thud, she can hear something having been placed on the sofa's arm with the one who placed it walking to the kitchen. Deri took a peek to make sure that they weren't giving her any attention that she was trying to hide from.  Peeking out she sees someone at the counters digging at some of the silverware, she's wearing some very loose sweats on her legs, socks over her feet and a large brown hoody sweater with some unicorn looking crest design on the back.


"Who is that?" Deri questions, wondering if they had a surprise visitor over or maybe the mystery other housemate she didn't see the day before. She's returning back to the living room, the woman has some orange tinted eyes, and silver hair with a ponytail on the side dyed a dark shade of red. Deri realizes that this most likely is the other one staying here, why both her and Mari have hair dye makes her worry that she'll be nagged at to do something similar.


She watches the human bend herself over the arm of the couch to pull up what she set down earlier. Using a knife she pulled from the kitchen she lifts up the box that was set there and cuts it open and sets the knife aside on the rest to work on taking out what's in the package. Deri just looks up at her, feeling weird looking up at a human after yesterday, but she felt even stranger when she saw her pull out from the box what she was working on. A three pronged golden trident that she screws the head on. Deri is incredibly confused.


The giant turns it around in her hand, accidentally knocking over the knife that was resting on the sofa's arm down to the floor skidding over to Deri. Seeing as it might take the human's attention, she quickly rushes back under the leg of the chair hiding.


She covers her head in the darkness when she hears and feels quick steps rushing by. When the sound and quakes stop she peeks out again, seeing the knife left in the open doorway and the handle of the trident sticking out from the couch. She looks around the room and sees no other sign of the girl who was just there with her.


With a loud bang, the front door slammed shut. Deri drops down from the loud noise, looking up behind to see Mari stepping in, shaking the ground with her large thick shoes nearly stepping on her. She walks along the floor leading to the kitchen half of the large room and yells out to the people home.


"Myriam, I'm home!" Mari calls out, unknowingly teaching Deri the name of her hidden roommate "Oh, Deri too! I guess, if you're here." Ending part she mumbles to herself. Deri doesn't give it much attention, more distracted seeing the giant kick off her shoes behind the door and heading to the hallway with a bag and full glass bottle in hand. Watching her bare feet stepping on the wooden floor, keeping quiet not to catch her attention. Mari yells out again "Myriam, the front doors closed! Come pick up your shit!" Yelling about the opened package and knife on the floor.


Seeing as Myriam will be coming back to pick everything up, she makes sure to wait patiently to catch Myriam's attention over Mari's. Safer in her eyes to be found and helped by someone quieter and maybe a touch more timid than one so abrasive. The softer steps of Myriam's socked feet return after she left her room and return to her mess. She's scooping up the pieces and looks around for the kitchen knife she used, which Deri walked on top of the catch the eyes of the shy giant.


Deri stands on it nervously as she sees the woman in sweats turn around with the cardboard and package bubble wrap in hand. She sees the little fairy down below waving her arms yelling up at her. Deri assumes that she's surprised seeing her, because she's not saying anything nor reacting in any way to her calls for help.


Myriam's arms fall to her sides, dropping the delivery mess to the floor. Deri looks at the dropped clutter, and misses Myriam reach behind her. Deri was about to look back up at the giant in sweats, but instead a quick flash makes her lie on the floor as the trident Myriam opened had been thrown at the fairy. Her tiny body lying frozen between two prongs. The gold painted steel piercing into the polished wooden floor a good few inches allowing it to stand high above.


Standing up by the trident is Myriam, who grips the handle with one hand, her eyes looking glazed over eyeing Deri directly the entire time. "Filthy pest." The first words Deri has heard from her, aimed at her, sounding as though they were said without any hint of emotion. Not that emotion would do much to stop Deri's heart from pounding wildly having someone try to strike her with a prong that stood high above her.


Fleeing for Help by kogochew
Author's Notes:

Drunk talk, be prepared for shmashed talksh

With one hand, Myriam rips the trident from the floor, ready to take aim for another stab. Deri not taking another second to lie in shock, rushes to her feet and takes off away from the violent giant, running down the hall hoping to make it to her room from under the door to hide from the attack.


Her heart beats wild as Deri uses her tiny legs to go as fast as she can in the long stretch of hall. Screaming in fear as the giant just walks after her, having no reaction to the fairy's panic she continues after her. Deri nearly halfway down the hall has the immediately stop as the trident is stabbed through the floor in front of her. Trying to react quickly she picks her momentum up again, turning around to continue the sprint. Nearly being stepped on she curves her path, sliding her feet and nearly tripping as the same kitchen knife from before quickly strikes through the pane of wood underneath the two of them.


Charging away from the most recent strike, Deri continues full speed to the nearest door to her. Even if it's not hers, it's something that'll save her even a second from this wild chase. Scurrying under the crack of the door, feeling the ground quake from one more giant step of her hunter, Deri makes it into the other room.


Going full speed and panic she runs into an object, like a wall with the edge lined right at her stomach, the impact saps away all of the air in her breath. With no energy to spare she lays her front down on top of what she collided with.


She lies on her back, hoping she can be done running for now. She rolls over seeing the label of a glass bottle of whiskey. "Did she already drink this whole bottle?" Deri raises her head to look around the new room she's hiding inside of. Red carpet with scattered clothes, other empty bottles on a purple rug, some dragon motif furniture around and splattered paints on her wall. Laying on the bed, hugging a pillow to her mouth giggling was a giant Mari. Deri looks back at the door knowing the bad options. With a loud shake from Mari rolling off the bed in her giggling sleeping state, she falls off the bottle to the ground herself.


Deri curls her arms around on the piece of clothing she fell on, clenching her fists in the fabric. Sighs to herself realizing she has to bite the bullet and ask Mari for help. With the giant punk now lying on the floor half wrapped in a blanket, intoxicated, there may not be much of a better time. Deri pushes her hands down to pick herself up, finally looking at the silky fabric she landed on, the ruby color and diamond pattern up to the black lacey edge. Deri jumps and kicks backward off the dark underwear. "BLEGH SERIOUSLY!!"


After wiping her hands down her clothing to pretend that she's actually wiping something off of her after landing on the underwear, she walks along the carpet and rug to reach the giant partially in the blanket. She's lying on her side, and Deri keeps looking at the large legs above her even on their sides. Passing the thighs, her shirt peeling from the bottom to show her stomach. She keeps her eyes on the bare arm she walks beside, approaching Mari's head.


Arriving at the shoulder, with the blanket draping on it, Deri stands in front of the drunken face still mumbling to herself. Not wanting to be too close to the mouth that leaked out a strong smell of alcohol onto her whenever she mumbled. "Um, Mari..." the tiny fairy feeling embarrassed having to ask a human for help like this can only mutter sound quiet and shakily, not gaining any reaction from her. "MARI!" She yells out at her, putting her all into the yell she's startled when she sees the massive eye instantly pop open. Seeing her own reflection in the eyeball she immediately freezes up.


Mari hearing some sort of alarm awakes from her daze, not having slept too long her dizziness still in her eyes. Resting her head down her vision can see the little pink-haired girl in front of her practically shaking her knees in nervousness. Mari thinking it's cute how she came to her all miniature and feeble decides it's a good time to play with her. "Aww, lookit the little Deri-sized fairy girl." Rubbing her head with just a fingertip, pushing down a little harder on her head than she realized making Deri bend her head down a bit. Mari sits up and realizes she mixed some of her words up, and being a bit giggly from her drinks treats it like it was funnier than it was by chuckling to herself. "Oops, das not what itsh called." Rubbing her head around trying to keep her head straight to focus her thoughts.


Deri steps back looking at the giant tussle her wild hair around. Mari's painted nails next to both of Deri's feet, bare arm leading to her tank top as the drunk is rubbing her head around, giggling out with her teeth together chuckling around. When the giant's chuckling stops though, her face becomes more serious as she looks down at Deri.


"But shtill, y'all small and teeny huh?" Deri takes a couple more steps back not liking the feel in the air being with her like this. Mari immediately closes that distance by turning her body over and dropping her front down, almost covering over Deri, but keeping her head up above the fairy. "You wouldn't be trying to skip you're classes by hiding somewhere all small would ya?" Deri wanting to say how going to the academy for those lectures is actually more of a peaceful getaway than staying here, but now not the time keeps her tongue held. "It's supposed to be mmy job to make sure you do your job at shool like a good girl, eeeh?" That hand flat on the ground by Deri's feet springs to life as it pinches at her sides and closes the fairy in a fist. Mari goes to her knees holding the tiny girl "Sho do I haf a naughty naughty girl here not doing her job?" Mari uses her fingers to lock Deri's body arms to her sides and legs sticking out to make the fairy's bottom poke out the underside of the closed grip on her. Her free hand turning to a flicking motion, "so how bout a lil dish-hup-line for the naughty, naughty giiirl~"


Even with the slurring speech and hiccups mixed together, Deri can still understand the giant's intentions. Not wanting to be spanked by a giant human's flick, she panics and yells out "No don't!!" She tries to break the grip screaming as she sees the dark nails winding up in position under her "NO PLEASE! MY MAGIC RAN OUT! I'M NOT SKIPPING!!" In her wild panic she isn't to do much other than yell about.


Surprising her, Mari pulls her finger away and brings the fairy girl up to her face, legs still sticking out of the fist in an embarrassingly uncomfortably held position. Held back in front of the face now high up in the air to her, if not used to flying the quick motion may've made her as dizzy as the one holding her. "Oh? Why ya out?" The giant asks her about her magical emptiness. Mari knowing only so much information about how this fairy girl operates. 


"I have a magical stone that gives me my magic for the day, it's in my room I need to be near it for tomorrow though." Mari stares at her semiserious, maybe trying to tell if she's lying or not.


She flashes Deri a big smile "Well alrighty~" Deri doesn't react to her quick swap back to happy "So no need to worry about being stoned till tomorrow, sho we'll jusht sleep together tonight then." Deri concerned about the words being thrown around, then has her body thrown around in the fist as Mari makes herself stand up nearly falling over on her bed in the process.


Instead she makes her way over to her chair, red leather on the seat with the outside of it being steel. Mari throws her hand over the seat and drops Deri down onto it. She unfurls on the seat with a bounce, and looks up with wide eyes. Seeing Mari's massive butt hanging over. The sheen of the leather emphasizing the large curve of her hips.


In panic Deri covers her head screaming again "AHH! Mari don't sit on me!" Hiding her face with her eyes squeezed shut.


Mari above removed her shirt and turns down to her confused "Huh? Sit on you? Wuzza?" She rolls her shirt up in her hands and says "I'm just getting ya a blanket." Deri pulls her head up and sees Mari in her dark red bra matching the underwear she fell face first into earlier. Mari brings her bundled up shirt down, a big ball of purple cloth that she wraps around Deri and pats like she's tucking her in. The soft cloth, and sticking body warmth is more comfortable to Deri than she'd admit. "Theeere we goooo, Deeri. Aaaall shafe from mean ole Myr-Myr." Deri tries to keep her eyes away from the revealed cleavage in her face as she's tucked in "Now, gonna tell ya noow. No more ushin up all your magic like this again 'kay?" Deri nods to the giant who can't even stand without slightly rocking "Cuz if ya doooo, Maaari is gonna puuunish you for reeeeal~" leaving her a haunting warning to sleep with until the side of her head is covered by Mari's lips for a goodnight kiss before falling down on the floor. "Nigh migh lil lady!" Mari immediately goes back to sleeping again.


Deri looking at the body of the giant, back to unsure, if not more unsure about how to feel about either of these humans. With how today went though, she just wants to close her eyes and finally rest. Sucking in the warm cloth all around her, she lays her head back, letting herself drift off with a quiet "G-goodnight...”


This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=11500