- Text Size +
Silence filled the hall. The cold tense in the atmosphere was felt, and no one dared to speak. A second later, the door was opened by the guards and a woman walked in, straight to the throne. Her cold black high heels steps echoed in the big, yet empty hall.



The woman sat on the throne, her expression was unpleasant, reflecting dissatisfaction. Looking at her subordinates one by one, she snapped her fingers, causing a big echo filling that room. “Attention!” She said, followed by the echo.



Slowly, her subordinates looked at her in all ears. Tapping her fingers, she forced a smile. It was terrifying, not only because of her cruel smile but also because of her height. She was a giant goddess. To her, all of her subordinates looked perfectly just like ants. “Anyone here feels guilty?” She started, didn’t bother to ask how they were doing. Each one of them gulped, though they didn’t know what she’s talking about.



“I repeat: Anyone here feels guilty?” This time, her voice was colder, making them shivering in fright. “Looks like no one wants to answer?” She said again, “Alright. Let me tell you what happened: one of my space jewelry was gone last night, replaced by a warning note that the theft—or thefts—had written.”



No one interrupted her. Scanning their frightened faces, she continued, “no one can come into my castle because of its good technology defense. Yet last night, someone hacked through it which is impossible without an insider. Anyone want to confess their sin?”

Still, no one answered. Silence filled the room. Showing her fangs as she smiled, the giantess exclaimed fiercely, “no one shall be the part of the rebellion. Or else, you’ll get gravy consequences. Do you understand?”



Again, silence. “Can any of you talk?!” She finally yelled. “This place is mine—my world, my people, my galaxy! I’m a goddess to all of you! You all shall obey me!”



The giantess finally stood and took something from her pocket. A ring. And it was made from Saturn’s ring particles. Observing the crystallic ring, she said, “soon… the whole universe will also be mine.”



Chapter 1



The reddish rusty dust was very thick. Stepping more to the east, a dust storm was waiting for her, yet she kept going. It was a small storm, actually, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not dangerous. As she kept walking, she saw an unclear woman figure, looking straight at her. As far as she knew, her team consists of four people: three males and one female—herself. Who was this woman then?



Trying to look toward the dust, she kept analyzing that woman. Suddenly, she was gone. As she panicked, she felt a tap on her shoulder. “Zack,” she thought it was her friend. She let out a sigh of relief.



“Maeve,” yet it was a woman’s voice.



Mae turned and saw that woman. She didn’t wear any spacesuit, and she breathed the air freely—just like it was full of oxygen. “Who are you?” Was Mae’s first thought—and spoke it out.



“Do you believe me if I tell you that I’m Gaia?” She replied calmly. Of course, as she thought, Mae didn’t believe that she’s Gaia. “Gods are fake,” she replied. “And if there are gods, they won’t show themselves to us either.” There’s no way she’s an ordinary person named Gaia, right? She thought.



“I’m Gaia,” the woman repeated. “And Mae, I knew how you hated the people… they chop the trees, bring pollution everywhere—“



“Well then if you’re Gaia as you said, you’re the one who should bring the Earth back to what it used to be!” Mae lost her temper. “You have the power! Well, I don’t!” The appearance of Gaia herself was unusual for her. She felt like someone was playing with her.



Instead, Gaia smiled. “That’s what I want to offer you—to rule the world.”



Looking carefully at her, Mae replied, “you’re kidding.”



“Do you think I’m a humorous goddess?” Gaia exclaimed. “No, I’m not. It’s time for someone to help me rebuild the Earth. All you have to do is follow everything I say, and—“



“I’m not a slave,” Mae managed to fake laugh. “No, no thanks Gaia,” She started to step back to where they had landed their rocket.



“I didn’t say that you’re going to be a slave,” a hint of a smile was heard from Gaia’s voice. “You’ll be a goddess yourself.”



Well, that caught Mae’s interest. And no one ever thought that power can change such a kind helpful person who never cares about power before.



***



Three years had passed since Gaia offered Maeve to rule the Earth. Mae has no interest in power, although some people around the world prioritize money and power. To them, that two was the most important thing anyone can have. But not for Mae. The only reason she accepted Gaia’s offer was that she felt like she was chosen by the goddess herself to rebuild the Earth from the massive tree chopping and pollution.



She spent a lot of time rebuilding the Earth by using the powers that Gaia had given to her. A year after her hard work, she started to see the improvement of the Earth’s air. It was fresh and pollution-free. Everyone felt peace, though some didn’t like the fact that Mae clamped them down to not use cars and other pollute-producer transportation. Even Gaia herself proudly praised her.



Else than that, Gaia also gave her another offer to rule the other planets. After three years, Maeve could rule six planets: from Mercury to Saturn. At first, Gaia offered her Mercury. As soon as Mae beautified the planet, she started to become hungry in ruling power. Yet Gaia gave her another planet--Venus. Three years went and here Mae was, beautifying Saturn.

Saturn was her favorite planet so far since it was cool and there are particles on its ring. She was a creative woman, she thought critically about how to beautify every planet, who had a lot of uniqueness. For example, the hot Mercury was beautified by Mae by adding a colorful heat atmosphere, just like auroras. Gaia was amazed by Mae. The goddess never thought that humans can ever be more creative than she was.



So Mae decided to build her new headquarters on Saturn. As the second Earth goddess--or should I call Planet goddess?--Mae could add the temperature heat on Saturn, just like an air conditioner that we knew. She made her headquarters castle-like, it was icy and cold, made mostly from water ice just like Saturn’s ring particles. She didn't need an architect since she was good almost at everything, including building and interior designs.



She even had subordinates, though most of them were found from the rebellion group. Many people said that they were brainwashed by Mae after she changed to become a power-hungry goddess. But the actual truth was that they were threatened by Mae, though Kayden was her loyal follower that voluntarily became her subordinate.



“Kayden, I need you to invite the people on Earth to come to my castle’s auditorium. I want to give them a word or two,” Mae said as she sat on her icy throne. Her other subordinates were there too, ready to be instructed by Kayden.



“Uh, I don’t think it’s a good idea,” Kayden started, though he knew that Mae won’t listen to him. It’s just useless. “Why don’t you go to Earth, Your Highness? I think it’s just more efficient--”



“You doubted me, huh?” Mae smirked an evil smirk. “I’ll just need to snap my fingers--snap!--and boom, here’s the portal!” The portal appeared right on Kayden. Shouting in surprise, Kayden was teleported to Earth in just a second--making his head feeling dizzy. A second later, he was back on Saturn, in the Queen’s castle.



“That’s not what I meant… but alright, alright! I’ll invite them,” Kayden tried to catch his breath.



“I want them to be ready on 9 this night,” Mae said as she walked through the hall, observing her subordinates one by one. It was her favorite hobby: looking at the frightened faces of her subordinates. Then she opened the door and left the hall.



It was 9, and all the people on Earth gathered--well, maybe not all of them. Mae expanded the auditorium as soon as it was full of people. Everyone talked to each other quietly, but it was quite noisy since all of them talked. Mae prepared herself and walked toward the stage. Before she could yell “Attention!”, they all had stopped talking, replaced by the frightened faces--the same as her subordinates’.



Clearing her throat, Mae said, “you all don’t need to be afraid. Come on, I want to hear the sighs of relief.” They all did as she told them to do. “Good. All I want to tell you is--I found out someone still uses plastic. I found it in the sea. Does anyone want to admit?”



Obviously--silence. Rolling her eyes, Mae said, “Hey you! The guy in the pink sweater. Tell me what you know.”



Pointing to himself, the guy stuttered, “Um… me? I--I don’t know, Your Highness. But… but I think it was plastic from thousands of years ago, it doesn’t look like new.”



“It doesn't look really old either,” Mae replied, holding the plastic on her hands. “This is my last warning--anyone uses plastic again will be arrested here! You’ll feel the coldness--” The rest of Mae’s speech was not being heard by them. They were frightened already, they didn’t need more description of her cruelty.



Suddenly, the alarm rang, causing Mae to widen her eyes. “Kayden! Check the prison!” Mae was yelling on the space microphone that she made for herself. It was true, the alarm was from the prison since the sound was different from the other alarms.



Immediately, Mae made millions of portals at once for each person in the auditorium, except for her subordinates. As soon as the auditorium was empty, Mae ran toward Kayden, who was ready to inform her of bad news. Kayden’s face was gloomy.



“Anyone out?” Mae immediately asked him.



“Yes,” Kayden replied. Before Mae could ask who, he continued, “it was Raphael, the leader of the First Rebellion. I really don’t understand why they released him. I mean, they’ve got a new leader… why would they risk their lives for--“



“Where are Elroy and Clementine? They should have guard the prison along with the others--”



“They were gone too, Your Highness. I think they were all part of the rebellion,” Kayden didn’t let Mae finish since it was urgent.



“They what? No way!” Mae said as the second alarm rang. “Hey, did they run away? Have you instructed Ione to chase?”



“Yes. But they were gone,” Ione’s voice was heard. She was panting after running, along with the others.



“Then what is the second alarm for?” Mae asked, starting to panic. Running toward her jewelry room, her instinct got it right: one of her space rings were gone.



The prisoner release was just a distraction.
Chapter End Notes:

https://www.deviantart.com/neotistics Wrote this for me. More to come. 
Please comment, like and subscribe if you can.
All feedback is appreciated.
Pateron: www.patreon.com/questathana
Commission me on deviantart after looking at this journal www.deviantart.com/questathana… or on paypal with questathana@gmail.com
Twitter: twitter.com/Questathana
Giantess Madoka Magica discord: discord.gg/4bzyu9n
Watamote RP discord: discord.gg/KjuWHJn
Giantess Quests in here: discord.gg/S9n8hhW
Giantess Convention discord: discord.gg/n9mEv88
My group about Small Civilizations: www.deviantart.com/smallcivili…