- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Yeah, I should probably finish my other stories. I know full well how unnerving it is to read a story that doesn't have an ending.
But i won't, because i'm a moron that does stuff on a whim. So, i apologise for being a moron.
End of transmission

----------------------------------

I honestly have no idea why i was chosen for this program.

The others were in a class of their own, all of them with outstanding academic record and success in both sports and social events, but i was just... me. 

The most likely explanation is the fact that we four were a pretty close group of friends, but not many people knew i was part of the team, even less that we all knew each other since kindegarden.

Every time i was with them at school, it seemed like i disappeared, my existence forgotten by the swarms of jocks and bitches that would inevitably gather around "The Big Three", as everyone called them.

One would think that i developed feelings of envy or jealousy, but i never did.
I was just grateful to be their friend, and i knew that popularity would never sever the deep connection we had.

Besides, i came to like the peace and tranquillity that my unpopularity granted me.
The fact that no girl ever looked even remotely in my direction was pretty depressing, sure, but in time i learned to accept things as they were.

After all, who would ever date a loser like me?
I'm slim and short, even by Tiny standards. Combined with my dull face and personality, anyone would be disinterested pretty soon. At first i was confident in my green eyes, but eventually i came to understand that nobody actually cares about stuff like that, so i developed a habit to keep my brown hair long and messy enough to partially hide my eyes.

The rest of the crew, however was another story:

Mike was a tall, dirty blonde hunk of a guy that seemed to excel in literally anything he would do. Maths, track and field, literature, part time jobs, you name it, he always did his best and had astounding results. He was the most dependable one of us, but had a silly side that not many people knew of;

Rob was almost as tall as Mike but had at least 30 kilos (International Tiny measurement system) of muscle more than him. During his rugby matches he resembled a roaring armored ball of muscle and rage but in normal circustances he was simply a huge goofball whose jokes and occasional fuckups were famous all throughout the school;

Reed was... let's just say that he was known as "the Prince". His handsome features, pretty, long blonde hair that he kept in a ponytail and nearly perfect physique had made all the girls swoon since day one at school. Not many people know that he's a lowkey huge nerd and surprisingly has never had a girlfriend. Insecurity issues i suppose, he doesn't like to talk about it.

 

So this was the crew that was chosen to attend a normal sized college, in a normal sized town. Needless to say, i stood out like a sore thumb.

 

 

 

Finally, the day of departure was upon us. I reached the meetup place in front of the station, finding the other three already waiting for me.

"It's unusual for you guys to be this early" i commented, ignoring their smug faces. Ordinarily they were the ones to arrive late and i would complain every time, so this was supposed to be their comeback. 

"Hoooo? Maybe you should have woken up earlier!" Reed said, making a purposefully terrible impression of me.

"Yeah very funny asshole" i responded, kicking him on the ankle lightly, to which he snickered.

"I mean, from today on we'll be sorrounded by giant boobs so we couldn't sleep and that's why we came early! Right guys?" Exclaimed Rob, his eyes glimmering, but everyone stared at him with deadpan faces.

"No, that was just you. We came early because we're responsible folks" sighed Mike

"You're terrible" i added, starting to walk towards the entrance of the station, and the other two followed me.

"Come on guys, i know you want to feel the giant boobs as much as i do!" shouted the still excited Rob, making a squeezing motion with his fingers.

"Shut up you giant pervert" I said flatly.

"Oww" he moaned, gloomy, making everyone laugh out loud.

Yep, we were a pretty close bunch.

 

The train arrived in time, as written on the timetable that we were given. The instructions to reach the normal sized folk city were pretty clear so we had no problems switching up the trains and all.

The journey itself was pretty uneventful, and the time passed quickly, as it always did when i was with them.

 

 

When we got near the city, we entered inside a big city, still made of tiny buildings.

"I thought there weren't tiny cities near the normal sized one" commented Reed.

"It's the slums" answered Mike "It's officially considered part of the normal sized city, and it sorrounds it. Even if it covers a quarter of the total surface, it holds over 25 million people. The normal people number around 40 thousand"

Reed whistled, impressed, and looked out of the window. "Now that you mention it, the buildings sure are packed" he paused, before adding with a lower voice "and it looks like shit as well".

It was true. The buildings looked dirty, unstable and compressed one against the other. It wasn't a pretty view, and when the train reached the station of the slums where all the other passengers got down, we noticed that the people as well looked ragged and poor.

"How come they live so near to the city?" I asked, curious.

"Didn't you study in History class? Because they are dependant on the food scraps and wastes of the normal sized society." Answered Mike

-------

I guess i should clarify a little about our society.

In year 2020, a virus, named Thaumiel, appeared on Earth and despite the countermeasures, eventually it affected every human on the planet.

Its effect was simple: it caused the victim to shrink duringe the timespan of one to two years to one inch of height.

However, this ailment didn't affect everyone: somehow, a very small percentage of the women apparently resisted this effects and were able to retain their size.

Most of the goods (medicines, cars, telephones, homes) destined for people became unusable and the miniaturized versions were difficult to produce and expensive, and most of the workforce was simply unable to work normally.

This led to an economic crisis that led most of the tiny population to poverty, and the only people that were able to regain a decent lifestyle were the ones who had a normal sized relative, who could gain much more money than the tinies and just a fraction of their income was enough to sustain multiple tiny families. The town from where we came from is populated by the descendants of these wealthy tinies, so us too.

However as i said, most of the tinies didn't have so much luck, and was forced to survive living off the normal people's wastes and performing illegal activities. That's where the slums come from.

It was deemed necessary for security reasons to make a clear division between Tiny and NeoHuman (usually shortened to Human) societies, so the two populations basically never came in contact with one another.

However, in 2050, things were starting to change, and we were the proof of it. Maybe, in the future, thanks to our efforts, the two populations will live together in harmony once again.

-------
Back to the present.

We eventually reached the end of the slums, which was clearly outlined by a concrete wall at least 40 meters tall (Again, tiny measurements).

We passed through it in a tunnel (which promptly closed behind us) and we finally entered the Human territories.

At this point we were basically all pressing our faces on the windows of the train, shouting "WOOOOOOH" and "WAAAAAAH" as we watched the view unfold before our eyes.

At first, immediately after the wall there was a wide area without buildings, covered by concrete tiles. Soon the landscape changed as we reached the outkirts of the human city, and we finally began to see actual houses and human architecture. 

I noticed that for the whole time since the tunnel in the wall the rails and the train had been surrounded by a thick glass cover, surely to ensure protection from careless Humans. In fact, we were still on ground level, traveling along an extremely large sidewalk, very near the wall.

Up until then, we hadn't seen any of the inhabitants of this new city, but the size alone of the buildings was enough to rob us of our breath. However, the next thing that came into view left us completely dumbfounded.

As the train was zipping on the rails, it caught up with a walking human woman. It was the first time any of us had seen someone of that size. 

She was utterly gargantuan. She seemed to be in her mid twenties, had long black hair, and wore low black converse chucks, tight jeans and a short leather jacket on a white shirt. The view was utterly gorgeous, both for her size and because of how pretty she was.

When she noticed the train as it surpassed her, she saw our flabbergasted faces pressed on the glass, so she smiled and waved hello. We were too slow on the uptake to return the gesture before she got out of sight behind the train.

After that, we slowly sat down on our seats, completely silent and looking down, shocked. After a few seconds, we looked at each other, and started to literally scream:

"WOOOOOOOOOOH DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT??? DID YOU??"

"SHE WAS HYYUUUUUUUUGE!"

"AND A BEAUTY TOO!"

"ARE ALL OF THEM SO BIG?"

"DO ALL OF THEM HAVE BIG BOOBS?"

"FUCK OFF YOU BOOBMAN PLEB, THE ASS IS THE IMPORTANT PART"

"THA FUCK DID YA SAY YA DIPSHIT?"

"WANNA FOIGHT HUH?"

And so on. Our excitement was skyrocketing, and we didn't even arrive to our destination.

Eventually, the train entered inside a tunnel and began to ascend and slow down. It appeared we had reached the terminal.

When the train finally stopped, a man entered our wagon and lazily informed us that our escort was aleady waiting for us outside the station. As soon as he was done, he rudely ushered us out of the train, with our luggages, and closed the door. Then the train departed immediately in the opposite direction.

 

Excited, we looked at each other, and started to walk towards the light coming from the entrance of the deserted station, to meet this new, giant world.