- Text Size +
"Im so scared!" Ashley screamed as I yanked her across the storms of people that engulfed the area. There was little room to negotiate and one wrong step would mean being stepped ON.

"Just hold on tight..." I said, fighting my way through. I had been trying to act like the tough guy here but I was just as scared as her, if not more so.

I took us towards another park bench to rest, and Ashley was crying.

"This is awful..." she said, tears streaming down her cheeks "We're gonna be bug-sized for the rest of our lives, Bobby!"

"Cmon, Ashley..." I said finally "We cant quit"

"Ok, fine" she said "But where can we go?? We got to get to that store you said"

"Yep, so we better start walking..." I said.

So, we got out from under the bench when suddenly a giant boot slammed down near us. I glanced up and saw a giant old man.

"You 2 arent going anywhere" he chuckled, and scooped us up. "Now before you protest, come with me... I have a deal to make you"

"Yeah," I sighed "Like we have a choice..."

He took us into a room in the back of the toy store where noone else was, and dumped us off onto his desk, eyeing us curiously. Ashley got behind me and looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"Calm down, you 2" Mendlemex said, "I do not wish to harm you, simply to use you... just picture, a bunch of doll sized humans like yourselves..."

"That would be awful..." Ashley sighed.

"Well maybe for the people... but... uh... wouldnt it make a great toy? Toys that could interact, real people to play with...." Mendlemex chuckled.

"Youre insane" Ashley said.

"Uh... ixnay on dissing the guy bigger than us-ay..." I shuddered.

"Now, as I said, I do not wish to hurt either of you" he said "In fact, Id let you 2 live in here safely, giving you the best dollhouse money can buy"

"I dont want to live in a dollhouse!!" Ashley shrieked "I want to live in a real house... I wanna be big again!"

"Oh Im afraid thatll be impossible..." Mendlemex grinned "You 2 will be part of my new toy line..."

"I dont get it..." I said, "How is this gonna work?"

"Very simply..." he said "Im going to clone you 2... and put compliance chips in the clones, so that they'll accept being tiny and do whatever I tell them"

"Cloning?" I asked, "Isnt that illegal?"

"Ah, but what realistic toys!" he chuckled "Then Ill have the clones mate and..."

"EW!" Ashley said "Im not having sex with him!"

"Not you, the clones..." Mendlemex said.

"Ugh, my DNA feels dirty now..." she sighed.

"What if we dont want to be a part of this??"

"What other choice do you have??" he asked "Go out there again and risk being squished, or stay here and be popular, live in a safe dollhouse with plenty to eat, and everyone will adore you, youll be revolutionary in the toy industry and you 2 are the originals"

I looked over at Ashley who simply nodded no and decided to do the same.

"Sorry, dude" I said "But this plan of yours is whack!"

"Ugh..." he sighed, shaking his head "Fine, you wanna go, you can..."

He then put us down on the floor.

"You mean we can just go?" Ashley asked.

"Yep..." Mendlemex said, and let us run out into the toy store. But then after we left, he mumbled "Just make sure the door doesnt hit you on the way out... heh heh heh..."

"That was odd" Ashley said, as we walked through the aisles of the toy store. It was kinda scary walking past the dozens of toy robots that were bigger than us, all of them the same and almost staring right at us.

"That was odd..." I agreed "And why did he give up so easily?"

Just then, I heard a box fall, right behind Ashley. I turned around and looked to see a toy box had fallen, and decided it was nothing, until more began toppling over. Ashley grew scared and starting running ahead.

"Ashley, NO!!" I shouted after her "If you panic, its only gonna get worse!"

"I dont think it can GET much worse" my miniature friend said.

Just then, there was an ominous whirring. Something told me it was about to get worse... much worse...

Then, the toy robots bust out of their boxes. Mendlemex was one genius mind but it appeared he used his genius for evil... as most geniuses do.

"Look out!!" I said, running alongside her now, as the robots were begginning to surround us. There were too many of them and they were a little more than twice our size.

"Outta my way, you creeps!!" Ashley yelled and kicked one in it's plastic leg but it did nothing, just stood there with a cold evil look in it's eyes.

"This is not good..." I admitted, backing off until Ashley and I were back to back and facing the dozens of robots surrounding us. Mendlemex wasnt gonna just let us go.

Then the robots began to close in on us.

"I dont know about you, Ashley..." I growled, as the robots gave us little room to move "But Im not gonna lose to a bunch of TOYS! You with me?"

Ashley slapped me a high five behind my back and we broke off, and started fighting the creatures. Luckily they were fairly slow. They would swing their robot claws at us, then pause for a good few seconds before retaliating again.

Ashley growled and punched a robot in it's face, then knocked another over backwards.

"Lets make these guys into scrap metal!" Ashley smirked.

Another robot attacked me but momentarily blinded me with a 'laser' light. I stumbled back and another robot grabbed onto me and began tightening its grip.

"Ugh...Ashley,..." I growled, trying my best to break free. Ashley then sprang into the air with a leap kick and knocked the robot off of me, breaking it's plastic arms off.

"Wow, Ashley" I said "I didnt know you took karate"

"I dont," she said "Im just really pissed!"

The robot army was nearly decimated, and there was an opening now for us to run through, so we took it but the robots continued to advance.

"There has to be a way out of here!" Ashley said, watching as more robots clamoured out of their boxes and began walking towards us.

The only option I saw was a toy car, and a toy motorcycle.

"Cmon, Ash" I said, breaking a toy motorcycle out of the box "Let's take a walk on the wild side"

"Nothing could be wilder than this!" Ashley said, as the robots continued their ominous advance. She hopped on back of me on the motorcycle and held onto me as I revved it up.

The motorcycle flew at a speed of about 5 miles an hour but it was more than fast enough to evade the slow moving robot creatures. Mendlemex was a good toy maker, but not good enough to outsmart a human being.

"Oh no!" Ashley said, "Look ahead!!"

The gate was closing, and Mendlemex was trying to lock us in. So much for not trying to hurt us. I tried to get the motorcycle to go faster but it wouldnt and the gate was closing fast.

Ashley closed her eyes as we approached the gate. No matter what the cost I was going to try to slip us through. The gate was about a foot above our heads when I screamed "duck!"

I ducked under the gate but I heard a pained grunt and looked behind me to see Ashley hadn't been so lucky.

"oWWW, my head..." she groaned, slowly getting up from hitting herself on the gate. I only had moments to save her before she was locked in the toy store.

"Ashley! Grab my hand!" I screamed, and pulled her out of there. She rolled under the gate just before it slammed. We both panted with relief, but we knew we weren't quite free yet.

After all, there was a long way to go to return to normal...

TO BE CONTINUED...