- Text Size +

As soon as the climate started to get warmer, and the greens start to be seen below the white of the snow, Vermillion started to move her head a lot.

“Hey, this is not gonna work with me here, put me in another place at least.”

“Muuu, I guess you are right.”

Because she was still using thick clothes from the cold just before, she picked him up from her horn, and placed him above her fully covered breasts.

“Now hold firm, since at least I will try to avoid moving a lot there, ok? Hey, what is that? And don’t forget to take photos.”

As she walks slowly looking all around, she is impressed by the completely different surroundings of her.

“Well, that’s a village, you asked how humans live, right? It’s similar to a tribe, but there is no real division on race, although I guess their culture may be somewhat closed to the rest… And that village seems to have farms and pecuary, which is when they keep animals to use them as food, so you see, there is little need for hunting in human society.”

“I see, it’s as you said, although weak, humans persevere together.”

“Something like that, now, I’m not sure if there will be any effects, but try to shake your hands at them, try to make it clear that you came in peace, although we won’t be going there.”

“Eh? I wanted to see them.”

“You would scare the animals, so that would give them a lot of problems already.”

“Hmm… Ok then… So, where she we go now?”

“Well, it’s good that you saw that village. Can you fly a little and see if you can see something like a castle beyond the hills here?”

“Hmmm, beyond those hills, right? I will just climb them normally now, and do that when I am on top.”

Vermillion went over the Hill with all the luggage. Although she was slightly tired, her curiosity recovered her a little, and at the top of the hill, she, together with Akira, flew over 1Km high, which would be ridiculous for a normal person to reach with magic, but from this distance.

“I saw them…”

“Oh, you did say a castle, right? Did you mean that one?”

“Yes… But the problem is not that, the army has been deployed. They probably saw us coming, and decided to prepare. So I would advise to stay right here and not move in anymore… Guess you can raise a camp here until they arrive. Although you would be at a certain advantage if you were on the hill, I would recommend going down. You can fly, so you can always go higher than them, but the important part here is to not intimidate them, and maybe from up there they will notice that you are not anybody.”

“Wouldn’t it be faster and easier if I just approach them?”

“Usually I would say no, but considering the situation, will there really be much of a change? I agree with wasting less time at least.”

“Wouldn’t you say that if I was to wait I could improve their vision of me?”

“Not really, I mean, they already have a bad impression, and if they went all the way here just to go back home empty handed, they would likely be pissed. If they waste less time on that, I feel like there is a slightly higher chance of that to work.”

“Ok, another question, should I keep our luggage here?”

“While I don’t know what will happen to me, we know that there is no reason for them to take you out, so why not, I will leave my things with yours. Just let me get prepared here.”

Upon deciding that, Vermillion decides to prepare herself, she takes out the thick clothes, and neatly stores them in the luggage. Akira too starts equipping a bunch of Artifacts around his body. Once they were done, Vermillion flew towards the front of the army.

---------------

The army looked at that gigantic demon with it’s ridiculously large evil wings flying in the direction. They stopped and prepared their weapons. The normal soldiers were nervous, but the generals were prepared, they are Elite Knights, they may die, but the enemy won’t pass over.

The giant enemy is approaching slower than they expected, but it still has not arrived, it’s like their vision is lying to them, wasn’t it supposed to already be here? It’s already getting really large. The dangerous looking winged knight finally landed about 500m from them.

The knights held their weapons waiting what will happen.

“My name is Vermillion, daughter of Demon King Ignis, I come here as a representative for a peace treaty suggested by Hero Akira, the Summoned Hero in the Norrstvo Kingdom. Would that be correct?

I have here with me the Hero. I’m just going to put him on the ground, and let him approach you to explain the details, please, do not attack him, otherwise I will consider it as a declaration of war right here and now.”

Vermillion slowly descends the Akira’s car, it seems this car was made in the Kingdom, so they should have some idea of the veracity. The car runs towards the army, one of the Horse Riding Knights walks up to the front, there is one thing strange though, the horse… seems a little too small, not only for this knight, but for all the others behind him too.

The car approaches the knights and starts to slow down. The front-knight leaves his horse, and walks to the car.

“Hero Akira? Is that you?”

As the car opens its door, Akira exits with his arms above his head.

“Hopefully you guys won’t treat me like some traitor or something, right? I did what I said I would do, I would hope that peace can be achieved through this.”

The knight looked strong, for human standards it would be a monster, and he should be 3 meters tall, so Akira looks like a child next to him.

“You did something unnecessary.”

“I believe you guys did something unnecessary, kidnapping me from my world and asking me to fight your war.”

“We already told you, it’s the will of our goddess, we only obey. Now we should leave, and let the army deal with the invader.”

“I believe you got something wrong here, I aimed for peace, and got a representative to come here. I was able to sort things out with the Demon King to the point that he sent his beloved daughter here. If you are telling me you are just going with the war, I will return to the Demon King and warn him about my failure, however, if you are aiming to attack the Demon World because you will be attacked first, you now know that won’t be the truth.”

“You must be confused child, let’s get back to the rear and heal you, the Demon World must have done something bad to you.”

This is one of the things Akira hated in this Kingdom, this 3m tall knight is not some “unique survivor of the end of the century” or something, his appearance is relatively normal if not for being much stronger than average. In this Kingdom, all the local were some sort of mixed blue eyes blonde super tall people, the Females would be between 2.60m while males would reach 2.90m, and the majority of them looked like models, with the children being around a normal adult person’s height.

At first, he thought that besides kidnapping, he had been shrunk down, but upon finding some people from other regions living there, he found out they were the abnormal ones. Those people also mentioned that the reason there are so few “normal” people is because these guys are all a bunch of jackasses who end up ignoring others and treating them as children.

“I know how you people work in ignoring others, so this is how it works: If I’m to choose a side, right now, I will side with the Demon King. So if you are going to give me bullshit explanations, just say so and we will treat it as a war declaration.”

The knight stopped. He stepped back and another knight came from behind, a thin looking ~2.70 one, taking out her helmet reveals a long blonde flowing hair, with beautiful blue eyes and a young but piercing glare looks at him from above in disdain.

“Hero Akira, are you planning to betray your humanity to join the ranks of demons?”

“Just in case you don’t remember, I’m not a human from this world, and if we are talking about the differences here, are you guys humans? All of you are super tall, blonde and blue eyes, have this soldier like air, it’s almost like cloning, it’s creepy.

Again, are you guys humans? I have met humans from this world and they are much more similar to me.”

“Silence! Just answer, do you intend to join the ranks of demons and betray your humanity?”

“... So, what would you prefer me to choose?”

“You should choose humanity, of course, as a member of our race, and as one chosen by the goddess.”

“May I ask for you name?”

“My apologies Hero Akira, I’m Knight Captain Anastacia Johanmeyer”

“Thank you Ms Anastacya, so you are asking me to choose the side that is threatening me over the side that is not doing that? Is that you recommendation to me?”

“We are not threatening you, Hero Akira, nobody would dare to do that, however, you are showing principles of delirium, and we are mostly concerned about your health, hence why we ask you to please go to the back while we deal with the invader.”

“And I’m telling you this ‘invader’ came over a diplomatic mission, and she is my guest. As such, if she can’t be accepted, I shall leave too.”

“Wait, Hero Akira, are you really planning on going back to the Demon World like that? This is your new home, we shall do our best to welcome you here properly. Why would you go to the hellish Demon World?

Do also understand that while we would like to trust you, it’s difficult for children to understand the seriousness of the adult world, so please, just trust us, we all want you well being.”

Knight Anastacia forcefully holds one of Akira’s arms while forcing him to follow her.

“I guess it won’t work in the end…”

[Should we go back then? I’m not sure if we did our best.]

Akira could only lament, and Vermillion tried to talk with him via the communicator.

“One more time, Knight Captain Anastacia Johanmeyer, I ask you that you release me this instant, and if you don’t plan on accepting out terms, let us go back for the sake of future negotiations. Otherwise, we will consider this as a declaration of war.”

“Hmpf, children should understand what is good for them… Wha-!?”

And then her surroundings changed, and she was over a soft ground, with only skies in front of her.

“W-What happened?”

The proud knight’s looks around and sees the giant torso right behind her, with the giant head of a demoness above her, and what’s under? Nothing. She drops on her knees from the absolute despair in her eyes.

“Akira, somehow, she seems to have been teleported with you.”

“Eh? W-What do we do now? I guess they will call us kidnappers?”

“Hey Akira, I couldn’t not notice looking at you both, but may I ask you a question?”

“Sure, whatever, just let me think.”

“Are you a human child?

“GODDAMNIT!”

“Hahahahahaha!”

Vermillion laughed at Akira’s reaction, both completely ignoring their unexpected hostage.