- Text Size +

“And now for dessert, it’s nothing exactly special, but it’s a traditional recipe of our Titan Tribe, we call it Coleite, it’s a mix between our milk and with a fruit that only exists around our tribe’s territory. Although it’s a somewhat common recipe for this area, I doubt you may have eaten anything like this before, so as our guest…”

Lapis places a plate with a brown “pie” that smells similar to Chocolate… The fruit may not be the same cocoa, could be something similar, but different enough nonetheless.

(Chocolate made with “Divine Milk”. Divine Chocolate! And it must taste even better! Let me confirm! I knew I would be right!)

Lapis, who had returned to her original seat, seemed to have noticed the pleasured movements of her guest.

“Ara, it seems you have liked, you wanna hear a funny story?”

The Demon King looked at his wife who said that, and started to laugh. Vermillion went Panic Mode

“Mama, you always tell that to everyone, I’m embarrassed already, please don’t tell it again!”

“When I was pregnant with Milly, I was always feeling like eating Coleite, and my belly would grow more and more, to the point that me and my friends were thinking that maybe I was growing fat from eating so much of it, but I couldn’t stop… So when she was born at that size, we called it as giving birth to the incarnation of Coleite!

But that’s not the end, to our surprise, when she started to lactate, her milk was really similar to Coleite!”

Lapis had a grinning smile while looking at her daughter, Akira could only guess that maybe there was an extra pun in the way she told, but it went Missing in Translation, but the second part caught attention… He looked behind at Vermillion who was hiding her face embarrassed… Still…

(Her milk tastes like Chocolate? You kidding? Chocolate Goddess? This woman is a natural treasure! Wait… Lactate? Doesn’t that happen only around e some time after the period the child is born? Pregnant? How? When?)

Akira had those thoughts and tried to find a way to kill some curiosities.

“Ha-ha, I’m sorry, I think I may have lost a joke from not understanding much of demon biology, I have studied a little about monsters during my stay after I was summoned, but humans didn’t seem well versed on Demons to help as much as I would expect. I-I’m sorry if I missed the joke.”

“Oh? Oh no no, I apologize, you are right, I guess you may not know after all, this is my first time meeting a human too. Then how about starting again the beginning? But I believe it would be our guest who would need to introduce himself first then…

Lapis seemed to have lost a little of her strength as her logic was still being processed, but Akira decided to take the lead.

“That’s not a problem, my name is Akira, family name… Family… I guess I was forced to leave them in the other world… I was summoned to this world in the Human Kingdom of Norrstvo, there I was explained about a war and asked for help, although they helped me during my stay, hoping for me to support them in their endeavour, I ended up leaving them to search for peace.

Although I plan to return to inform them of my success in this negotiation, this of course will be done after the discussion Lord Ignis desired earlier.

“*sniff sniff* Akira, my dear, *sniff* if you need a family, *sniff* you can stay with us, ok? *sniff*”

(SUCH A GOOD PERSON! Why must these people be called Demons!? Damn you words and your negative connotations! I WON’T FORGIVE YOU! What am I saying...)

“Thank you for the offer, but I have been like this for a few months already, so I already went through it.”

The Demon King then stood up. He was imposing and strong, but it was funny that just on the other side of him was his wife looking at him all deary with a smile on her face. The now strong pose felt so childish now…

“I’m the Demon King Ignis, I’m originally from the Banebdjed tribe. This war has been started for reasons I cannot disclose openly. My tribes characteristics are our combat prowess, although our physical characteristics make us easily recognizable.”

Lapis stood up and moved behind the Demon King, embracing him from the back.

“Ignis is not exactly normal though. Not only he is the strongest in comparison to others of his tribe, and his own size is over 3 times their average. Because he had a hard time in his tribe, our Titan Tribe took him in. I used to be his adopted mother, you know?”

(SHOCK)

“I didn’t know that.”

Akira looking above himself, saw the surprised face of the daughter. Lapis smiled at her.

“I wonder if the reason you are both so similar is because of me. Hmmm, we can use Akira to confirm, if you want me to pamper you like I did to these 2, we can confirm if I’m the one at fault.”

(SHOCK x2)

The Demon King coughed a little, and resumed.

“My Tribe is known to be very aggressive, and I won’t deny my own fault in that… There were issues during my stay with the pacific Titan Tribe, but that’s irrelevant now.”

(Was that a threat against me being pampered by his mom?)

“Then it’s my time now, I’m Lapis of the Titan Tribe, and adopted-mother, but current wife of the Demon King Ignis.

Our Titan Tribe is very peaceful, we can be easily recognized by our height and skin, otherwise we don’t have things like horns, wings, tails, multiple limbs and so on. We usually have a very good relationship with all the other tribes, as we usually help with transportation and distance related issues. We are also famous for out milk and out coleite recipe.

Our tribe is a little isolated and closed minded though. I apologize in that regard.”

Lapis seemed to have ended introducing herself, and looked towards Vermillion’s face above him.

“Hmmm, I was born in the Titan tribe territory… But I caused a few issues later on… I don’t have much to talk about myself, I’m currently in charge of hunting and defense. Papa is the main guard, just that.”

“Milly was really famous in our tribe, when she started to lactate everyone wanted to taste it.”

“You don’t need to tell him everything! Muuuuu...”

The Demon King Ignis called for Akira after the dinner was done. Lapis went back, most likely to clean the dishes, and it seems that Vermillion would stand guard for the night.

The things Ignis asked started small: Questions about Akira’s previous world, what were his objectives, the situation on the human lands (or at least what he understood). Ignis eventually would leave to return with a bunch of treasures, according to him they are artifacts, and he planned on lending them to Akira for studying them, he also suggested helping since he is a good grasp on dark enchanting.

The reason for these questions and offers remained a mystery to Akira, however they were able to discuss things in an amiable way, Akira was able to remain much calmer around the Demon King.

“I will support you on your endeavor for peace, but I would like to ask if you would be able to wait some time for your return to create something for me, as my daughter told you, I’m looking for protection.”

“I see… Wait? You guys weren’t the-”

Ignis points to his ear.

“I asked the two of them to take out theirs before we discussed. You mentioned in your world there were many artifacts for vigilance. While I can make many with magic, they are easy to detect, but yours weren’t. I would like you to help me protect my family at least. I would ask you to try making artifacts like these that you talk about, plus I also have some recommendations for your own protection.

If all these artifacts may help you improve your abilities for that, I shall lend them to you. What do you say?”

“I don’t mind, I remember the kingdom was preparing for defense, but I don’t expect them to attack if nothing comes-”

“Unfortunately the enemy has a way to find things out, I fear they may prepare some surprise nonetheless, but I have my own expectations in regards to that. I will make a list of artifacts effects I would like to prepare both for this task and for you to have once you return, and if those artifacts I lent you help you in your studies, then that’s useful. I apologize by the sense of urgency.”

“I understand, I can’t promise anything, but I will try my best on making some security devices.”

“I appreciate your efforts”