- Text Size +

Vermillion picked Akira with the tip of her fingers, and then started walking out of the castle.

“Hey, you tell me where I need to go.”

“H-Ha, right!”

They remained silent for a couple seconds.

“Pr-Princess, m-may I ask a question?”

“Princess? I don’t like being called Princess, but sure, you can ask, Papa allowed you in the castle, so you don’t need to be afraid anymore.”

“A-Ah, so-sorry. I noticed there I saw no one else in this castle, shouldn’t there be guards or something?”

“... No... Only the three of us live in this castle now...”

Vermillion’s voice felt a little depressed. She, who was looking at him before for directions, just averted her eyes looking to the path ahead.

(What the hell? Did I just touch on something that hurts?)

But then she moved her face back and asked something.

“How do humans live?”

“E-Eh!? T-That can be quite a thre-threatening que-question.”

“Ah, I meant as in, how their tribes work, do they interact? Is the Human King strong?”

“O-Oh, I see. Well, I was summoned into a Kingdom by some goddess or something, they told me their situation, then I spent the rest of time having to admit I may not be able to return home, and learning about my ability.

I suggested them negotiations multiple times, but I got no support on that, just ‘Fight like a Hero’, ‘Be Brave’, and so on. Oh, there was one time that it snowed, so when I looked around, everything was white, that was something interesting.

But otherwise, it’s similar but lacks almost everything that my world had, so I admit I find it somewhat boring. Being able to create Artifacts is quite helpful to fight that boredom, but then, there was also the food, it’s different, not saying that it’s bad, but there was so much more in my world… I guess I will never be able to return anyway…

Oh, but this place is quite nice, it’s different and, well, sure there are monsters, but the colors of the sky are weird, some of the horizons I saw were quite unique, I must admit seeing a completely new place was great to fight that boredom.”

“That must be nice, but you say being trapped here… I can imagine how it must be…”

“Eh? You some type of reincarnator? There are stories like that too I guess”

“Ah? What is that? But I didn’t mean like that, I mean about being trapped here. Because Mama can’t leave the castle. I know she wants to be free again, but it’s dangerous. She is weak, and she may be attacked. So we can let her out during these times. Papa planned to haste his plans of attack to finish it as early as possible, and with the end of the war, maybe Mom would be free. Well, thanks for visiting and not coming here to attack us at least.”

(Wait, be free with the end of the war that he started? But before that) “It can’t be, Ms Lapis being attacked? Who would dare!? And for what reason!?”

“To attack Papa... Me and Papa are strong, so we can attack and defend myself, but that’s dangerous to Mama...”

(Ok, this is sounding redundant, let me reorganize things: First: “Mama” is threatened… No, First: “Papa” starts the war, “Mama” is threatened, so “Papa” needs to win the war to not be threatened? What could be the reason...)

“Is winning a war that your father started more important than his family?”

“He said so…”

“I see…”

The two finally arrive at the area near a cave that Akira remembered. He approached the location and deactivated the invisibility. Moving it out, he contacted Vermillion to be careful about how to hold it.

“Hmm… I thought it would be smaller, You came from the Human lands while carrying all this? With your size, it must have been heavy… ?”

“You are certainly right, it’s indeed heavy, but it’s the reverse, this is what carries me. It a mix up of a lot of artifacts working together to make an automobile, a car so to speak. It’s a tool used to reach long distances without running, so you don’t get tired after you arrive, and you would arrive faster than going on foot. Of course, in my world there is no magic, so it’s a very popular tool.”

“I guess I can expect to see a lot of different things with you, huh.”

Vermillion had been holding the car in front of her face to better look at it, sometimes rotating it around. To avoid falling, she placed Akira at the tip of her right horn, which also places him right by the side of her right eye, being able to see most of what she can, by the same height.

The only problem is… The height…! When he looks down however, instead of the ground, what he sees are 2 oversized brown balls of flesh…

(Maybe falling wouldn’t be so bad… IF I AM TO BE AN IDIOT)

Vermillion’s eyes are curiously checking on his items, sometimes she makes some questions, asking about something or another, but overall it was a peaceful walk back.

------

Back at the table, Vermillion leaves the car next to Akira, who starts taking the necessary things, but while he is inside, he suddenly feels the car being held and taken up.

“How curious, is this the car? Oh, hi there! Oh, sorry! I must be disrupting you”

Akira was able to look at the front glass the moment he felt the grab and saw the pair of ethereal sky blue eyes looking straight at him, then they smiling at him, until they suddenly must have noticed that it was causing problems when the car started to shake, and then rapidly backed off, which would have been better done slowly..

“Mama, you need to be careful.”

“I-I know, I-I will be more careful next time.”

“Well, I know the feeling. He said this “Car” can move by itself, he showed it to me a little, he said he doesn’t get tired when going over long distances.”

“Ahh, this must be nice, I used to hate when told to go far away. Hmpf, they think just because our Tribe is big we like running all over the place, well, at least as a female I could just work with my milk later.”

When Akira looked outside, it was the daughter patting the mother’s head while grinning this time. The mother seemed to be on the daughter’s lap. It was a weird vision, The geography was upside down, but it had 2 hills, then a pretty face being patted, then 2 even bigger hills, and another pretty face looking down. He decided, the next artifact he wants to make is something to take photographs.

Nonetheless, the contents of the talk shocked him, he wondered what she meant by “her milk”, but based on her behavior previously, he could imagine with the diversity of tribes, there will be many individuals completely excelling in abilities compared to others. The walking meant that maybe they could send messages and stuff across the nation, the Milk…

(So instead of cows, they have that? Maybe they sell it? Feels like a very maternal tribe. I want to visit them… In the future, of course.)

It seems that because Vermillion and Akira had left and were taking some time to come back, and the food was already served, the couple decided to eat themselves then wait until the remaining two are finished.

So Akira took out his tableware, and picked some of the options from the giant plate, and with a normal size cup he took some of the “Divine Milk” for himself, usually he wondered if he can really drink that, but Akira has fully alluded himself that Lapis is indeed some sort of divine being. It’s impossible to be bad, those who attack her must be pure evil.

Well, it had a weird milky taste, of course, he himself doesn’t remember how breastmilk tastes, the taste was good enough, but the placebo divine effect made it feel like the best. The rest of the food was composed of some weird plants, or some grilled monsters, but overall, he was able to pinpoint some parts that looked really good and felt satisfied, at least to him, there was more than enough food on the table.

When they were almost going to finish, Lapis leapt from her daughter’s lap and went through a door, returning soon after with another delicacy.