- Text Size +

Once Lapis returned, Akira said he wanted to prepare a few things in regards to his Artifacts that he wants to ask from Ignis later, and left the search for the new bedroom to the girls, Lapis took the occasion just before leaving Akira to mention out loud that she would have a lot to talk about with the girls. Akira felt shivers down his spine.

------

As evening arrived, Ignis returned with Vermillion.

However, they immediately went to the Throne room instead of looking for Lapis. Lapis had gone to check first if he could meet with the guests, and after being allowed, she went back to take the human trio and carried them inside.

Upon entering the Throne Room, there was Ignis sitting on the throne, and Vermillion sitting right beside him on the ground, but from the expression on her face, she seemed annoyed, but once Lapis and the guests appeared, she tried to look a little better.

Lapis left them on the floor, in the proper distance in regards to the throne, and then moved in a very happy running pace that completely didn’t read the mood, aiming for her daughter, then sitting in between her legs, her face looked so happy, the Demon Queen certainly can’t read the mood, or just doesn’t care about it at all.

Ironically, the main person, the one sitting on the throne, the Demon King, could be easily noticed to be the shortest of the family, however, his face was normal, as that of a king confident in his results..

“Welcome back Hero Akira, I was in need of your assistance again, so you came in good time. My daughter already gave me a basic report, I appreciate your efforts. And these two are the emissaries from the neighbor human Tribe, is that it?”

[The term in the human world, in this case is Kingdom, but you can understand it like that.]

“Then, introductions are needed. My name is Ignis, and I’m the Demon King. Through the help of Hero Akira, I would like to create a peaceful relationship with the humans. According to the words of Hero Akira, both sides have great to benefit from this exchange, and I have already received some idea of its workings.

However, I’m currently working to stabilize the Demon World to this idea, which is taking some time, mostly thanks to my shortcomings as the Demon King, but Hero Akira accepted supporting me in this endeavour.

My family... I believe there is no need for introductions as you have already interacted with them.”

Ulrika and Anastacia at first were a little shaken from the evil looking face of the Demon King, but maybe from their experiences with serious Vermillion, and the well selected words of the Demon King, Ulrika walked ahead and introduced herself like the princess she is.

[It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty Ignis, my name is Unrika Norrstvo, the First Princess of the Norrstvo Kingdom. This is my knight and bodyguard Anastacia Johanmeyer.

I appreciate the opportunity and great reception received by your wonderful family. I have been tasked with learning about the Demon World, as we don’t know much about it, and report it back to the Kingdom to conclude our negotiations.

As your Majesty said, we are also excited with the possibilities of our cultural exchange, and we can thank none other than Hero Akira that created such an unexpected bridge.]

“I confess I didn’t expect the negotiations to work, but I’m glad I was wrong, however, I will have to ask you to wait a little longer, since I’m still in the middle of negotiations with the tribes, which is why I request Hero Akira’s support.

However, there is one thing bothering me from your introduction, my daughter mentioned you being one of Hero Akira’s wives. Do you have any reason for hiding that?”

[E-Eh!? Your Majesty, there seems to be a small misunderstanding from Mill- Lady Vermillion’s part, although Hero Akira accepted my proposal, it just means I’m his fiancee. It’s a premarital stage, if it’s easier to understand]

“I see, nonetheless, congratulations on your engagement. Hero Akira, I hope you won’t have the same luck as mine.”

[Thank you, I hope the same, Lord Ignis]

The two men, although having lived completely different lives, could understand each other well. Ulrika and even Anastacia looked back at Akira wondering what they meant.

“Then I hope we may find a mutual understanding after this whole conflict. For our sake, and yours as well.”

[I hope for the same.]

“I will entrust you to Lapis and Vermillion, I believe you will feel more at ease with them, so you don’t need to stay here. I need Hero Akira’s assistance in ideas for the negotiations with the tribes, and the strategy on what to deal next.”

[A-Ah, if you don’t mind, I would also like to hear it, although I don’t know if I may be of help, I do have some knowledge with diplomacy, I would also like to support Hero Akira from now on, s-so, if it’s not a problem…]

“Hmm, no it’s not a problem. Then-”

The current situation, according to the Demon King:

Ignis, as all Great Demon Kings in the past, took the throne by force, this is accepted, since only the strongest that can hold himself in the position usually takes it. Although there was not a stable consent about his remain, the Demon King doesn’t have a big influence in the society of the Demon World as Kings in the human world would have with their territory, as such, in the Demon World, neither the King expects much from the territory, nor the territory expects much from the King. Both sides are largely unaffected in normal circumstances.

The Demon World is composed of diverse Tribes with many different decisions in regards:

Those who are against are the majority, but they are also the weakest demons that won’t go to the front-line, they are preoccupied with the retaliation, more specifically the summon of the Hero.

Those who are pro it blame Ignis for not taking the initiative and given Humans the time for a first strike, so these are currently the most problematic.

And those neutral that would easily accept the truce, will be problematic due to the fact that Ignis already acted first, which could lead to retaliation.

Akira was confused with what is this action.

[There is something I don’t understand, have you already attacked someone? The information when I was summoned was that there was no attack yet.]

But before Ignis could reply, Ulrika said first.

“Akira, actually, just before we received the Oracle about your summoning, it has been reported that a Demon was seen from the Ice Lands. From the description given, I have recognized it as Lord Ignis, although why he went there and went back is unknown.”

Ignis heard that and had an interested face, likely because he couldn’t have known what the human side was doing at the time.

“That is correct, I went to check on the human lands to confirm on a few suspicions and returned to formulate a plan, however due to complications with the other tribes, it didn’t go through in time, besides other complications, as you already know.”

Akira recollecting the information that he was protecting his family from traitors that seemed to have targeted the weakest link of the family.

[I have a question about hearing this, so you would have attacked our Kingdom if not for Akira having come. I want to request your reasons for that.]

Ulrika suddenly had a very serious face, for very good reasons.

“Although I would not mind telling you, there are reasons I can’t reveal it to you, but I have already revealed them to my daughter. It may be easier for you to trust her. I must destroy something related to humans.”

[So you would destroy our homes and lives for the sake of destroying that?]

“Before that would be the case, the current situation though allows for another option. But my target is still the same.”

[So you wish to pass through our lands, without war and without inflicting damage, to destroy something of ours. Isn’t that a contradiction?]

“Hero Akira, do you think it’s contradicting?”

Akira was thinking, the idea of destroying something from the other side, yet claiming not inflicting damage…

[Could that be... An illusion?]

Ulrika looked at Akira with a confused face, Ignis seemed curious about it too.

“Something in your mind?”

[Not really, you mentioned that you want to destroy something, yet said that humans won’t suffer damage… I followed these hints. Did I get it right?]

“Hmmm, I can’t answer, otherwise you could achieve hints to reach the true reason. I hope to be able to tell you once this is over, but right now, for specific reasons, I can’t do that, instead, I’m still looking for certain confirmations.

In any case, these are my current reasons. Would it be impossible to achieve peace like this?”

Ulrika didn’t say anything for a few seconds, the discussion turned serious unexpectedly, and she feels the pressure of holding the future of her country, and the decision of her Hero.

[... Mill- Lady Vermillion, I would like to enquire you. Is everything told by your father true?]

Vermillion who was suddenly called was surprised by the way she was referred as, but she sensed the seriousness, and faced her properly.

“Yes, there were no lies.”

[In your opinion, will your father’s objective eventually cause humanity’s fall in one way or another?]

“Ulrika, I have my own reasons to trust my father, and I’m on his side in this, not for being his daughter, but because it’s the best for me and our people. But I don’t have any intention of harming you, your family or anyone vaguely related to you, nor to leave you in a precarious situation. If you do find yourself in such situation, me and my father will offer all the support we can for you and your people.

Does this answer calm your fears.”

[Yes, thank you for making it clear Milly.]

The two smiled for each other.

“Good.

Then returning to where I was before.”

Right now, the Demon King wants to stop the ideas from those who supported the attack, get support from those that wanted peace, and calm down the neutral Tribes. However, his mere presence is not helping the negotiations, besides, upon hearing some of the claims, Akira, Ulrika and Anastacia were speechless, and even Vermillion tried to hide her face.

“Papa is useless…”

Upon hearing this, Ignis sighed, but just accepted the truth. It seems he has a lot to learn in regards to politics and empathy. Akira looked at the smiling woman between Vermillion’s legs who is just smooching herself with her daughter without listening to the discussion at all.

(You are the culprit!)

And so, both Akira and Ulrika discussed with Ignis what were the best options to follow up, in fact, Ulrika ended up making the best proposals besides just learning of the situation. Akira was surprised, but it seemed that Ignis was mostly impressed.

And the conclusion, was to use Vermillion, who seems to be as respected, but not as feared as his representative, and send Akira and Ulrika to explain the new plans. And the order will be to stop the Banebdjed Tribe first, which is the one with the highest morale, and then get back the cooperation of the usually friendly Fairy tribe, which also worked as librarians in the Demon King Castle.

“Fairies!? As Demons!?”

Ulrika never seemed to have heard about “Fairies”, but the Demon King was curious.

“Yes, is there a problem?”

[I mean, in my world, fairies are usually considered… No, don’t mind what I was going to say. I understand.]

Akira seemed impressed in learning about Fairies, specially that they are in this demon world, in Earth, fairies are usually good supernatural beings that prank people but usually do good things for them. But then he heard a small laugh from the betweens Vermillion’s legs.

“Fufufu, I knew little Akira would know them, they must be small and cute, right? Fufufu”

It seemed the pervert had a misunderstanding.

“... Then, is there something else to discuss?”

[I would like to request one thing. Due to how difficult it is to go to the human lands all the time, I would like to find a way to communicate over long distances, similar to our communicators and relay points. As such, I would like more materials to research. I could try to make other artifacts with different materials.]

“That’s a good idea, you may try to negotiate with the tribes. I offered you what we already had in the castle, but you will find new options in each tribe. Meanwhile, I could try to negotia-”

[[ (Your Majesty, ) Please don’t do anything! ]]

Ulrika and Akira shouted at the same time. The Demon King felt a little insulted from being so forcefully denied by just humans, but a big hand forced him to remain seated. Vermillion was looking at him, her eyes told him to stay.

The Demon King was defeated.

Chapter End Notes:

And I'm sorry for the long time to update. So for now I thought about making some updates:

- I have thought of most of the main parts of the story to the end, so I'm expecting at least 4 arcs. This 2nd arc should be the longest, since it's where a lot of the new tribes will be introduced.

- Exactly because I have thought on many ideas far ahead, I have been having difficulties making the story flow in the short term... It's quite vexing.

- I have been having my time spent with IRL stuff, besides some reading on my free time. There are also many distractions. -_-'

 

- Although the 4 arcs mentioned above are the main story, from start to defeating the main villain, there is still space for extra content. I'm going with it as I think, but I'm all up for suggestions if anyone has a scenario in mind that would like to see here.

If they can't be inserted right now, I'm considering making some short stories later on.

 

That's it for now, I would like to update earlier next time, but I can't make promises. Right now I'm starting chapter 26, but with revisions and some "writer's block" it took longer than I expected to write to this point. Hopefully I will be able to pass through this soon.