- Text Size +

After having dressed up, Lapis was going to start suggest looking for a new room, but while passing through the dining room they found Vermillion sitting and almost finishing her food. The girls looking at that were reminded of the ridiculous amount of food around them, pieces of meat many times over their sizes, but now, everything is gone.

The girls never noticed it before, at some point they were weak and couldn’t really perceive much, but after they got better, she would mostly eat food that was already prepared in the food pack, or when she would hunt, she would just spend her time preparing the food for later consumption, and it usually would be some ridiculously large animal, although they looked manageable for her size.

They also noticed the way she had to sit in that same tabler, since it could be seen that Vermillion wasn’t sitting on a chair, but on the floor itself, and from their perspective at Lapis hands, just her upper body didn’t seem shorter than the standing up mother.

“Oh, it’s good to meet you guys again. I remembered there is something I had to tell you. Ulrika and Ana, have you tried to use magic here?”

(Oh, it’s serious Milly again.)

Akira couldn’t ignore the nostalgia, the other two however, who didn’t knew of her like that, felt like they were being pressed into something they shouldn’t have done, and didn’t, it’s almost like the question was heard as “Did you dare to use magic here?”

[W-We didn’t, we wouldn’t start such an act while being guests, I th-thought Milly would have known that.]

“Yeah, that’s why I needed to confirm.”

Vermillion was still in serious mode, but seemed confused at the difference in the response she got from Ulrika.

“So, I want you to try, and tell me your impressions.”

“O-Oh?”

“This is one of the things that Papa told me, but it shouldn’t be a problem to share, just try it first, just, well, try not to destroy anything. Ana is good with Ice, right? Can you make a big block of ice?”

Anastacia who was beside Ulrika also felt some pressure from Vermillion, when Vermillion talked about “Big Block” she wanted to retort “I believe our sense of scale is different”, but she didn’t say anything.

Akira noticed that they seemed nervous, and then was reminded of himself.

“Hey, you two, you may be making a misunderstanding, but that’s still Milly, she may seem more serious here, but to tell you the truth, this is the way I know her the most, so you don’t need to be nervous, her tone and behavior may have changed a little, but it’s still the same friendly person.”

Vermillion could hear the voices through the communicator, even when not directed towards her, so she could just smile wryly at them.

“I’m sorry if I scared you, Rika, Ana, it wasn’t my intention.”

Realizing their mistake, both tried to apologize as fast as possible, a little embarrassed by their behavior. Lapis sat on her chair, and let them all walk on the now almost empty table.

“Can you make an ice block on the ground instead of over the table?”

Anastacia looked down from that table and the vertigo came all over again, she noticed that she was able to handle it a little better when she was with Lapis, but seeing it without being held firmly restarted her fear. Anastacia fell down on her butt.

“I’m sorry, I guess you are afraid of heights, let me get you to the ground.”

Vermillion placed her hand for Anastacia to climb, then moved her to the ground. Once she climbed down, Anastacia looked back again for confirmation.

“Should I do the biggest I can?”

“No need, you don’t need to spend all your mana, just do something you think of significant, or better yet, to a level that you remember clearly how you used before.”

“I-I see, then…”

There was no chanting, just some almost white glow on Anastacia for almost a minute, then she created a long ice pillar, the pillar wasn’t very thick, but in height, it was over 15m, right in front of her.

Anastacia didn’t speak nor moved, nobody knew what had happened to her, but then the pillar seemed to have cracked on its base and threatened to fall, but Vermillion grabbed it with her hand. Then, checking it with her eyes, she placed it in her mouth.

“Oh, after sweating so much, thanks for the ice, it’s good for cooling me a little.”

She was still serious mode, but she acted almost like in the Human World, Ulrika seemed to have relaxed, but Anastacia didn’t move much besides looking at Vermillion who just ate her Ice Pillar.

“So, Ana, how was it?”

[I-It’s… I-I wasn’t expecting all that… H-How?]

Anastacia seemed still nervous, although not really about Vermillion, but with her our results. A possible answer, however, came from another source.

[Could it be, the Hero’s Blessing?]

Ulrika immediately associated Akira’s factor, but another answer came from above.

“I’m not sure about this ‘Hero’s Blessing’, however I wanted you to understand that Magic in this side of the world is easier to use, so they should get stronger effects. I suggest you to practice it to improve control again, otherwise, it could be dangerous for yourselves too… It’s too cold now.”

And after explaining, Vermillion took out the Ice pillar that didn’t melt even a little, and place it near Ulrika and Akira. IT didn’t seem to have melted at all, but it had some saliva too.

“Rika, do you want to try?”

Hearing that, Ulrika suddenly moved to the front, near the border of the table. She glowed in a similar white colors, although much weaker than Anastacia’s. She then a small spear of ice appeared in midair and flew with no aim, and the moment it hit the ground, it shattered.

“I see…”

Although she looked down, Akira questioned.

“I never heard about this.”

“Hmm, well, I didn’t know until just before we left, but you also didn’t use any magic from what I have seen, you also said you are no good with it.”

“... Well, I guess that’s right.”

Ulrika looked back.

“I’m also not really good with general magic, although I can use Healing Magic well... But anything else, that ice lance was not something I would usually be able to use, although it’s still weak... I always thought it would be nice to use it to support the Hero’s Party, but now, I feel a little sad that I can’t do more…”

“Well, everyone has strengths, so just focus on those.”

“I understand!”

Akira tried to console her, but it seems she may have taken it in a different way. He wondered if she misunderstood something, but it didn’t matter much in any case. Vermillion made sure to review what she just explained.

“I will say it again just in case, but I’m not sure if your Hero’s Blessing had any effect in rising this magic, all I wanted to say is that it’s easier to use magic here. Even Papa most likely doesn’t know much about it, if he knows anything else, that is.”

Vermillion just shrugged after saying that, the two girls may need some time to get used to her like this.

“Thank you for the warning, Milly.”

Anastacia tried to shake off that uncomfortability first, and Vermillion gave her a small smile back. Akira however wondered.

“That’s an interesting phenomena, so it easier to use magic here, and they do it so easily now, but before, they were feeling pretty down, wasn’t that the case? You also felt a little down, didn’t you?”

“All I can say is that it’s easier to use magic here Akira, I’m not lying. The same should be reflected on your artifacts, it’s easier to get better material here, you know. But in regards to what happened to me when we got back, I was just not prepared, and…” ~I may have panicked a little when Rika and Ana looked down like that…~

“I see…” (She seems to be hiding something… Well, I trust her, so I won’t treat it like a problem for now.)

“Well, that’s it for now, I will go outside to look for Papa, so please feel at home, I’m sure Mama will help you with whatever is needed, right Mama?”

“Of course!”

Upon Lapis happy reply, Vermillion left the table. When she stands up, her head almost touches the ceiling, she walked to Lapis side who seemed to be expecting her, and gently kisses her mother’s forehead.

Lapis tried to attack the huge bosom hanging in front of her, but she was stopped by a hand holding hers wrist.

~Not right now… I’m still smelling, you know.~

~Milly’s strong smell… I want it…~

Their voices could hardly be heard by the others who were still at the table, but suddenly Vermillion stood up, took off her shirt, then gave it to her mother.

“Here”

Lapis received the shirt, she had such a blissful face as she pushed it to her face, and breathed as heavily as she could.

“Thank you.”

“Then, I’ll get another used shirt and go, see you at dinner.”

“Please, I love you, please come back soon, I miss you, don’t leave Mama...”

They left the room, with Lapis’ voice fading as she went further away. Now that the human trio is alone.

“So this is Milly at home…”

“Yeah, at home she has her own job, so she is like that, but you may have noticed she is still the same person inside.”

“You are right… But… Ms Lapis is quite something too”

Akira wondered how Ulrika could have seen the Demon Queen.