- Text Size +

To explain Akira’s situation, he was using a number of custom Artifacts he made for this whole tactic. His special ability is Artifact creation. Artifacts are “Special Magic Tools”, usually ancient, with unique and more powerful effects that can run with the user’s mana rather than some other battery.

1 - A bunch of mass produced projectors. This meant that the damage wouldn’t be reflected on him, however, he would also be unable to watch from that angle, and would need to guess some reactions through the discussion.

2 - A sound-proof sack around himself.

3 - Some speakers connected to the inside for him to listen to the outside.

4 - An invisibility sack over that.

Akira was actually located behind the Demon King, he arrived there as careful as possible while the Demon King was resting for some reason, spread a number of those compact remote projects in numerous places on the room, and then project his image through the controller he has. So he was able to see the entrance, but not much of the Demon King’s face.

He chose that place under the assumption that negotiations may fail, so the projection would just be killed, not appear again, and when everything is clear, he would try to flee just like he arrived.

----------

The ceiling of the throne room was ridiculously high, and the space around was also big, that that made sense for a flying super strong demon king to fight, but the one that came was much bigger.

Akira looked at the entrance where the voice came from, from the gigantic door, a female figure, full armored with a similar motif as the demon king (black with glowing red details), with wings and tail similar to the Demon King, but horns like those of a Ram curved to the front, he couldn’t see anything else from the armor, and considering she was crouched while looking at him (projection) from above, suddenly her gigantic hand was everything remaining where Projection Akira was.

“I’m back father, I’m sorry for letting such a small fry in, I’m ashamed to have let you deal with it.”

But the Demon King just looked at another place where the same person still appears.

“Don’t bother my daughter, don’t let your guard down, but this one won’t be killed easily. However, I’m currently in talks with it, so you can wait.

He seems tricky, you wouldn’t have detected him just like I couldn’t.”

The Demon King’s daughter looked at the new place were Akira was, he could guess there would be some really sharp glare at his projection, but from his real position, he couldn’t really see, nonetheless from the surprise factor, he didn’t speak for a few seconds.

“You were saying…”

[Oh, excuse me, I wasn’t expecting this, woah, woah, I’m starting the sweat cold here…]

As the Demon King daughter’s stood up herself, she was taller than the entrance, he wasn’t sure how much, but she was clearly over 4 times larger than the Demon King himself.

(and this is only the Daughter? The heck is with this family and how didn’t they dominate the human kingdom already?)

Akira heard stories about heroes guided by gods and stuff who could reach incredible powers, but hell, it’s too scary. He now looked at her figure, clearly female, and while her armor didn’t show any skin, the silhouette was very adult-like.

“… And you were saying?”

“SPEAK INSOLENT!”

[U-Understood P-Princess! A-As I was saying, in my world there is diplomacy, it allows you to exchange… Experiences between nations without the requirement of fighting or killing each other. You could think of it as a way to appease the frustration of your subordinates, allowing some level of freedom, while also being able to discover new and different things imported from the human nation, which they may find themselves interested in, and just never knew about. But for that, you must not kill the humans, nor try to conquer them so they won’t fight back.]

“And what do you suppose we would gain from it?”

“BASTARD, as if there is anything to be gained from lowly humans, we are strong!”

Akira could just keep a bitter smile on his face, not intending to go against the pissed off daughter, and fix on the person that matters.

[Access to different resources, material, food, things that may or may not exist here already, just like you can’t show them your strengths, I mean, your superiority to them. Who knows, maybe take something from theirs and make it better to show those damn humans who is the boss or something!]

Akira was sweating cold, the Demon King was listening to him, he could see the Daughter piercing him supposed location with a glare from so high up that he wondered if she could actually see him from up there considering the “bulge” of her armor.

Seconds feel like minutes, minutes feel like hours, and the Demon King returned to his seat, and proceeds to take off his helmet, although he couldn’t see, the Demon King has a mature, but somewhat evil-intending face… For some reason he seemed to be thinking deeply.

“I see…”

Akira felt like his mood was more peaceful, things could work.

“Father, there is no need to listen to them, we will just massacre them and own the world.”

“Vermillion, and then…? My intention was to guarantee your and your mother’s protection, and to get rid of all risks, but from his words, I have been increasing my enemies by myself.”

Akira listened to that and wondered “Who the hell would fight these people? If the daughter is like this, who is the mother!?”, but he could just listen to father and daughter discussing.

“Also for you to inherit it one day. I do not wish to just leave you my enemies. I may have a personal dislike for humans, but I can see that will impact your future too my dear.”

“Father…”

“Here dear, tell me, how was the hunt, did you find a new Dragon today? Take out that helmet too, it must be feeling hot.”

Akira felt relief as his idea was accepted, but the sudden change of the Demon King, as he looks more like a protective father… Well, not that he could say anything anyway, so he just waited for them to stop and remember that he is there. But as he looked at the daughter, he saw the woman taking out her helmet. She took the face part, and then took the back part of the helmet, seems it’s made that way because of her horns.

Her skin looks tanned, her eyes are vivid red and sharp, if he could describe it it would be the sexy executive from the evil side of some kiddy cartoon, her hair is fiery red, and proportionally long and glossy. Her ears looks a little elongated compared to a human, but not too much..

“Papa, I’m not a child anymore, Dragons are easy!”

Her face was certainly adult, but the way she pouted would better be described as cute. The titanic woman somehow is able to sit down next to her father, Akira could only imagine how her armor worked to allow that, but he could only see her from behind now..

The Dwarfed father then flies to pat her head, and her response sounds reveals that she is satisfied, Akira felt that he should definitely leave before he was noticed by her for some reason, he felt that usual cliché of being in middle of a family moment would come to bite his ass, and as he slowly caused his projection to slowly vanished, the Demon King noticed..

“Have you left in the middle of discussions?”

Akira reappears again in the same way.

[I’m sorry, I thought it was best to leave for now since you are having this daughter and father moment yourselves or something like that…]

“I see. Let’s suppose I accept your terms, how will the humans do their part, will you mediate everything?”

[Y-Yes, although I mentioned my idea, they thought it wouldn’t be accepted, so I wasn’t able to discuss more about that, however I shall return as fast as I can and progress on this. I believe I may be able to return in about 3 or 4 months? I apologize for not being faster, but I have my own limitations due to the distance. It would be good to have some sort of proof of your acceptance.]

The Demon King murmured a little, but concurred.

“… I understand, so we need to show some sort of proof to the humans to show that we accepted the terms of this exchange, and that the war is over, but considering it may take time for your own negotiations with them… Hmm, I guess I would have my own thoughts of being betrayed if you were to take too long to return…”

“Papa, if you send me, I can get there faster, and I can show them our strength, so they will understand their place!”

“No, I don’t want Milly to go to such a dangerous place.”

“Papa, you never let me go anywhere far away! I’m not a child anymore! I’m strong too! And the humans are weak!”

“Milly, when I say no it’s NO! And the humans can be dangerous, look at this guy right here.”

“Idiot Papa! Idiot Papa!”

The two kept going in a childish manner against each other and Akira felt like he was listening to some family comedy, truth be told, if she can give him a ride, he can guess that either from running or flying, she should be much faster than the automobile artifact he made, but considering her personality, he is unsure if she would just disregard the alliance and attack the humans herself, if she decides to destroy the whole place on a whim, he is not sure if he would be able to stop her.

Maybe the kingdom would have enough warriors and heroes or something to fight back and defeat her, but it certainly would be a hard battle considering the fight would happen so near them… Although he has a cheat ability to make Artifacts, his ability to fight should be considered small for someone called a hero…

Well, Akira doesn’t want to die anyway, so at least the Demon King showing some pro activity is the best he could expect.

[I-If allowed to speak… I agree that seeing the princess approaching may be mistaken as a declaration of war, so for n-now I agree that there are more disadvantages to the idea. But nonetheless, I believe I can take these negotiations as successful and I don’t want to take much of your time. I-]

“DID YOU SAY ANYTHING!? YOU INSOLENT TRESPASSER!”

“… Vermillion... Your Father is having a conversation.”

“H-Huh, he actually was? Sorry, I can’t hear anything from up here… Papa was not saying anything for some time, so I thought this human was just wasting Papa’s time.”

“Vermillion is a good child, but you don’t need to pay too much attention here,.. Anyway, I would like to exchange some ideas with you, while also considering what could be sent as proof of the deal. Seems like nothing else will happen for today here, I shall invite you to our dinner table as a special guest, unless you are trying to hide something.”

“AH! HUMAN! You~can’t~hide~anything~from~me~~! … Eh? I can’t pick him up?”

“I see… So that’s how it is… *sigh* I will be leaving, look for me again once you are done.”

“Papa, w-wait for me!”

And so the parent and daughter left the throne room and the door was closed, but Akira was still too nervous from this whole situation. He finally dropped on his knees, and turned off the projector, he was sweating cold more and more, but he had to rest a little.

The now empty throne room, a number of craters in the middle, Akira decided to move out, the place however is pretty big for someone as small as him… Although he is not small, just normal sized… He thought about retrieving at least some of the remaining projectors before leaving, although he will have to show his real self next time, the projectors may still end up being useful, worst case scenario, he will use them to help his escape.

While sweating, he didn’t dare take over his protection capes, no sound, no visibility, he would leave the same way he came in, through the more normal sized door near the giant door, it’s probably made for non-giant demons, he looked ahead, to the sides, nothing around, and after 2 steps… Two naked giant fingers caught him.

“Finally! … Eh? Huh? I actually got something...?”

Vermillion was upside down, almost glued to the door, waiting for the time the small door would open, however, upon seeing nothing there, she still tried to capture what should have been there, and to her surprise, she got it, but even looking closer, she can’t see anything, nor hear anything.

“Hmm… Did I get him? Hmmm… I was supposed to get him to the dinner table, but now I don’t know…”

And Akira is completely trapped in between her soft fingers, but for that same reason, anything he says or does won’t be heard nor seen by her. He is completely trapped, and has no idea what will be made of him now, since worst case scenarios are related to crush or free falling, he wants to scream, but nobody can hear it.