- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For those that read the initial version, I changed the name of the Kingdom from Northew to Norrstvo. It was just a prototype name that I had forgotten to change.

That night, while Knight Anastacia went with the messenger to the palace, Akira and Vermillion stood in the camp Vermillion raised, however, to avoid conflicts, they decided to take turns to sleep.

Vermillion slept first, she laid down on a hill, so it was almost in a sitting position. she was the most tired, and Akira kept vigilance, if any single knight of the army tried something, he will shoot them. And to guarantee ample vision on the field, he went to a place that was the highest, yet allowed for fast access to any place. Yes, her boobs. Too bad they were behind an armor, so it was hard and cold.

Usually they would sleep for about 6 hours, to advance as much as possible, but Akira didn’t mind today, and let her go past 8 hours. Once she woke up, Akira greeted her and went to sleep.

About 7 hours later

Akira woke up, and what he saw was weird. Vermillion had taken her upper armor out, leaving only a small shirt, and seemed to be talking with the army.

[Something happened?]

“Oh, you woke up. Good afternoon, are you hungry?”

Listening to Akira’s call on her receiver, her face suddenly moved to look at him. Weirdly enough, she seemed to have a really nice smile on her face. She takes a plate that she seems to have heated with the Artifact Akira had created.

“Well, I was getting bored, so I started to ask some questions about the place to these guys, and I learned a bunch of stuff. The sky is quite beautiful, it makes me feel calm, there is a lot of light too, it’s like I can see more colors too. Oh, sorry, I left you alone for some time, I went to a nearby river to drink some water. The taste was also really good.”

[I see, and what’s with those 2 spots on your shirt?]

“Ah, these? I had to milk myself, I didn’t notice until one of them told me, it’s just a small incident. So I shared some with them too, I got everyone’s approval you know! Mama did say that mine was the best, but it’s nice to see outside reference too.”

(... I can imagine...)

[Perverts…]

“Hm? Perverts? Who?”

As Akira looked down at the army men, the same people suddenly avoided their eyes from both the giant princess and the hero. The females looked a little angry at their male fellows though.

It seems that instead of using their own resources like food, Vermillion shared some of hers to them, so pretty much everyone is on friendly terms now, or maybe a little too much.

“Eh, you jealous that you were sleeping when I was milking? I did save some you know, you said you like drinking straight from the source. Fufufu”

Akira seems to have heard a “Who is the pervert now!?” from someone far away, with people, especially the female ones, glaring at him. Akira could only sigh at that.

[Milly… For some reason, you are really resembling your mother…]

“Eh? Hmmm… Now that you mention it, I feel calm when I’m around here, lots of new things to see, everyone is also being understanding… But who are you to talk, you also changed yesterday.”

[I guess I didn’t feel the pressure of your parents around me here, so I could be more of myself. At least it seems this journey has shown some good results already to you, huh?]

Vermillion stands up and walks carefully towards Akira, when she looks in the direction of the castle beyond the hills.

“Oh, there is something fast running from the castle to this direction. Could it be the messenger? Should I go there? Or should I wait?”

“Milly, you should know the answer. We must wait.”

“Ok, come here then, I will feed you.”

“Stop it Milly, the men are watching.”

“Oh you.”

Until the messenger came back, she must not move very much from here. The knights, although somewhat friendly, still need to do their jobs, they are just slightly more lax since they know the Demon Princess doesn’t seem to be someone to do something against them.

When Vermillion mentioned someone coming from the castle, the Knights decided to be prepared for their arrival at any time. One of the Knight leaders mentioned that they most likely will not stop during the night and come straight, that’s how urgent Knight Anastacia, who went together, made it look like.

------------

Vermillion wanted to see the night sky now that she wasn’t tired, and Akira kept her company. Because only he had a communication device, it was easier for him to communicate with her, it seems that when she talked with the knights, she first lowered her head to listen, some allowed themselves to be picked later.

“It’s weird, the Moon looks the same, but the colors are different. I can see the black part better”

“Hm, I can’t say I know how this world works, but my original world was round, but considering that this Crescent Moon is similar to the one in my world, this should be enough proof that this world is round too. You see, that’s the shadow of the planet.

I can’t explain the difference in color of the sky though, nor the Ice Lands, maybe something in the air? Or maybe just Magic Stuff that I have no idea about.”

“Hmm, I don’t really understand much of the first part, but you say something in the air, or magic... Now that you mention it, it does feels cleaner here, like I could fly really high without feeling any weight.”

“That’s certainly a strange expression, but I can’t really fly, so I don’t know how to reply.”

They were just resting together, looking at the sky and exchanging some talk. The Knight camp was illuminated by bonfires, as they also needed to wait.

“Hero Akira!”

One of the knights suddenly called his name. He left from his place, and moved towards the knight.

“A messenger has just arrived, we were told the First Prince and Princess are following up, so we are going to prepare to receive them. We would like to ask the Hero to also be part with us. In regards to Miss Vermillion, we are not entirely sure on how introduce her, usually we would ask Knight Johanmeyer for that, but since she is out… Do you have any suggestions?

We were considering leaving her introduction for after we explained Your Highnesses about the situation, but it may sound rude to the guest.”

Upon hearing who were coming, Akira got worried. The First Prince and Princess, obviously he knows a little them. When he was summoned, they were part of the royalty, and due to his status as a Hero, he had exchanged conversations with them many times…

The Prince is a super handsome guy, he is like a super handsome love target of a fluffy manga aimed for girls. Short hair (Blond, as usual), handsome face, good voice, intelligent and very sociable, but behind that face, Akira felt like he was hiding his true intentions. Maybe it was just his paranoia over things being cliché though.

The Princess however made even the hidden Prince looks nice. The princess was 18yo, one single year younger than Akira, and while she was nice the first week, it didn’t took long for her to ostracize him every time she could. Every time they met, she would make sure to look down on him, sometimes kicking on the way and apologizing with “I didn’t see you down there”, while hiding her mouth that was certainly grinning. Worse yet, from her looks, she is like a supermodel, and the clothes weren’t that fluffy like usually princess in medieval times were, they are sexy, with specially accentuation on their legs..

When wondering how the hell the First Princess would use such provocative clothes, he found out not only that even the Queen has similar clothes, but after leaving the castle for the first time, even the commoner women, who are all good looking to boot, have that as some sort of fashion. Akira’s first impression of the damn Kingdom was that it was a world of top-models, he thought he was in paradise, until they all started treating him like a child… Then he got really annoyed.

He had pretty much forgotten his experiences in the castle, after over 2 months trying to reach the Demon World, and then his happy stay there, he didn’t really have much to want to remember of the damn Kingdom.

(Gotta prepare myself…)

“I see, I don’t really know what would be the right way to introduce Vermillion to them, but I understand your concern, considering that Knight went with them, they should have already been informed to some extent, no?”

“Yes, however, it should be still a shocking scene...”

Upon thinking a little more about it, although the prince may have seen her when she went flying a little, it’s possible that they just missed her, there is no recording technology in this place. He tried to remember what he could about those two. He can only imagine the Prince making the perfect poker face, but the sadistic princess… It would be nice to surprise her.

[Milly, it seems the Norrstvo Prince and Princess will arrive soon. Things seem to be progressing well, you can wait until I call you to introduce yourself.]

“Understood, it’s good that things are working, right?”

[Certainly, in fact, you are doing better than I expected, it’s not hard to say that it’s mostly thanks to you, so congratulations.]

“Oh, thanks, let’s keep this on.”

Vermillion was usually more direct, but it seems she was able to change a little from this journey. Hopefully the Demon King won’t have a problem with that… Ms Lapis though… She may dislike a calmer Vermillion… But it’s for her own good...

--------

About an hour later, the carriage arrives, it’s deep into the night, and the moon wasn’t giving much light. The Bonfires signaled where the carriage was to stop, and the Knight Captains, together with Akira, were waiting in the area prepared as a reception.

Once the oversized carriage stopped, the 4 horses were finally able to rest (I feel bad for these horses, they are almost like donkeys to these people), Akira noticed that the chauffeur seemed to have noticed Vermillion sitting on the opposite side of the knights, and looked very nervous.

The door opened and from inside a female Knight exited first, she was without her helmet, so Akira recognized her as Anastacia. She then helped the oversized prince to exit from the door. The almost 3m tall, charming and handsome prince has a very dreamy smile on his face.

(This is not the general public, but a small Army of Elite Knights, you should underst- Guess the female knights were still slightly affected, huh)

The prince then helps his sister together with the knight, offering a hand to his sister, who takes it and crouches a little to proper pass through the door. At that instant, Akira noticed, she looked at him for an instant, then moved her sight somewhere else, but her face was grinning slightly now.

“We welcome you, Your Highness Orlando von Stark Norrstvo, Your Highness Ulrika Norrstvo. We apologize for the urgent call.”

The prince advances first.

“No need for apologies, Knight Captain Johanmeyer explained the situation to us. Was there any change in the situation?”

The princess moves soon after, and starts walking in Akira’s direction without looking at him.

“I heard that Hero Akira had been found, that fleeing coward hero. I demand to know where he is.”

Akira understood the game, she saw him, faked that she didn’t, started insulting him in front of everyone, and is now going to bump at him because she couldn’t see him from up there or something. It’s annoying, but that’s how she does it. And she was almost reaching him.

“You know, I don’t like seeing a friend who did something really nice for us getting insulted like that. Could you please apologize.”

The Prince and the Princess both turn their heads to the loud voice, and what they see are 2 glowing red eyes floating in the darkness, with some silhouette barely visible from the lack of enough moonlight.

As Akira looked at the prince, his eyes were those of surprise, he expected a poker face, but not even he knew that Vermillion could make red glowing eyes, if he didn’t knew here, he would be shit scared there, so points to the prince.

The surprise comes from the princess, she screamed, fell on the ground by herself, and slowly crawled to right behind Akira, pleading him to save her while crying her eyes out. Even Akira didn’t know how to react.

[Milly, it’s good, thanks for worrying for me, but I didn’t know you could make your eyes grow red at night.]

“They are glowing?”

[Yes, wait a second for me to take a photo. I admit even I felt it was a little scary, all the knights are in high-tension now, I know it’s not intentional, so...]

“I see… Everyone, I’m sorry, I didn’t know my eyes could glow like that, sorry to scare you all.”

While she was sitting, she properly lowered her upper body in front of everyone. The horses felt scared from her hand booming a little on the ground, but the knights were able to keep them under control.

Meanwhile, behind Akira, the Princess was looking at him in the eyes with a face of surprise.

“Y-You, were talking with her? H-How?”

“I placed a microphone here so that she would be able to hear everything, so I wouldn’t need to make an individual communicator to each of you. It seems she heard you talking bullshit, Princess.”

“Y-You, j-just because-, h-have manners w-when speaking to m-me!”

The princess face seemed to be going to cry again.

(This is annoying.)

“Princess, I apologize, here, hold my hand if it’s enough for you, I need you to stand up.”

The princess looked at him with a pissed off face, and placed her hand on Akira’s shoulder, then pushed some of her weight on it, as she used him to stand up. Akira was almost pushed down by her, but he tried to resist, it would be worse if she fell.

The relatively thin legs finally left the ground, and the foot place itself as the base, her upper body was lowered as she used Akira as a support for her body, and once she was up, she made sure to place a gratuitous pressure just as she fixed herself.

(Goddamnit.)

“Hmpf, so much for a hero.”

As she stood up, she was tall, really tall, she was shorter than the prince, but not by much, her figure was that of a top model, and the dress was almost as tight, she always makes sure to make him feel this pressure, but then Akira felt a strange smell coming from her crotch that was right in front of his face.

“Did you pee?”

The red-faced Princess kicked Akira with all her strength.