- Text Size +

Lauren heaved her head up from the pillow, its weight feeling like a bag of potatoes. She grasped her forehead, rubbed it and squeezed her eyes to the sound of an agonizing groan. 

 “Uuugh, did it again… again.” she whispered in thin air. She extended her hand towards the nightstand and foraged blindly in search of her phone. A piercing clink was heard when a bottle of wine, dropped and rolled over the wooden floor, spilling its scarce crimson remnants.  Realizing the time, Lauren stood up from her bed, took a morning pee and sauntered her way over toward Payton’s bedroom.  

She found her slumped in a lazy chair, cross legged, sipping from a mug of Starbucks, while dressed in merely a loose shirt, revealing the smooth skin of one of her shoulders and the firmness of her bare legs. 

 “You think these shits are mad at us?” Payton asked, nodding at the microscopic city sprawled out in the closet. Despite the lack of make-up and her puffed-up morning hairdo, Payton still looked like the object of every teenage boy's sexual fantasy. She had positioned the chair right in front of its open doors, oscillating her dangling feet from side to side.  

“I guess.” Lauren said, stretching out with a loud yawn, and accentuating her coveted bust. She desperately tried to shake of the hangover throbs.   

“Would you care?” Payton asked.   

“Would you?” Lauren replied, flinging the question back at her conversation partner.   

“I suppose I should.” Payton said. Lauren saw her turning her gaze towards the micro city, while taking another sip of her Starbucks. Her twinkling eyes never blinked or averted while her lake-blue irises peeped above the mug. She scrutinized the city intensely.
Lauren’s concern about the micro-people’s safety had grown since yesterday. The revelation of apparent microscopic life living in their closet was at first a surprising discovery. Filled with jolly curiosity both she and Payton went on to discover if it could be all real. After wrecking a few structures by accident, they came to the conclusion that was indeed the case. The city was filled with perhaps millions of nano-sized souls.
Subsequently, Payton started to announce some disturbing thoughts, about destruction and submission of the micros. She chalked it up as merely an innocent jest, said she would never reach such level of dictatorial cruelty whereby she would misuse her might to enforce her will upon these micros.
Soon after, the girls dropped the subject and left for the living room where together they relished an evening of juicy gossips, refreshments and the abundant flow of French wine they’d brought with them.   Lauren always had a hard time restraining herself while enjoying an evening of elbow bending, leaving Payton in the dust, filling cup after cup. It was not until the moon had draped his silvery light for many hours upon the soaring mountain peaks, among which they resided, that Payton, with a wasted Lauren leaning on her shoulder, faltered her way toward the latter’s bedroom.
The last thing Lauren recalled before plunging into a deep, alcohol neutralizing sleep, was the sight of Payton smiling down upon a line of minuscule vehicles, parked on the vast palm of her hand.
During their chilling on the couch that evening, while downing a cup of Merlot, Payton had suddenly pointed towards the table.

“The hell is that?”   Lauren scrutinized it closely, leaf-green eyes floating above the table and saw that it was a column of infinitesimal vehicles, just like the one she found earlier. She was wrecking her brain over the question of how on earth these vehicles managed to find their way onto a table this high.   
Lauren suggested placing them near the city, but Payton was in a playful mood. She constantly jammed her finger in front of the column, blocking their path, under the roar of her hearty laughter.
Lauren quickly pushed her friend off, aiming to save the micros from further harassments and commanded them to drive onto her hand, which they eventually did, but not after Payton slammed her powerful fist upon the table as encouragement.   

“What did you do to them?” Lauren asked. Payton took a few moments, still scrutinizing the city, before she tore her gaze away and met Lauren’s eyes.

“I killed them all.” she explained dead serious. “Smothered them all under my tight and juicy rear,” Payton said, while stroking her fingers upon the upper region of her bare thigh, traveling all the way to her firm butt, and kneading it playfully. Then came relishing laughter.
 
“You should have seen your face!” Payton guffawed, spilling some hot coffee over her legs.   

“Serves you right!” Lauren snapped.   The pain caused Payton to curse loudly. She slammed her foot on the floor out of frustration.   

“Watch it!” Lauren screeched.   Luckily, Payton’s foot was not close enough to hit the city, so it crashed on the floor. However, its shockwave had devastating consequences for the little people.   They saw various explosions erupting throughout the city’s industrial area, when multiple factories cracked open, tearing up walls and pipelines due to Payton’s force. Varying chemical spills mingled and ignited in fertile balls of fire.
Even from their height, at their size, both Lauren and Payton heard these minuscule explosions clearly in the room, making them realize the massiveness of this disaster for the micro people. They saw plumes of pitch dark smoke swirling relatively high, veiling a large part of the industrial section and even a slight portion of the residential block adjoining it.
Directly after, the panicked screeches of countless citizens rose up while sirens wailed, spreading their sounds of impending calamity throughout the city.

“Wha-what are they doing?” Payton asked, perplexed.

“Believing they are under attack. By us.” Lauren stated.

“But I did it by accident! Tell them!” Payton dropped down on all fours, addressing the city. “Please stop it all. My foot just slipped. I mean you no harm.” Lauren saw Payton on her knees, begging them to become quiet. It didn’t work. “Aargh! A little help here, please?” Payton looked up at her friend.

Lauren lowered herself on her haunches, hearing the screams and sirens even louder now. When she squinted in focus, she could discern speck-sized cars scrambling over the roads in incoherent directions. She couldn’t see individual beings, but was able to witness them when they were packed in huge throngs, milling about open squares and broad streets.
Payton was about to address them again, pulling her hair behind an ear as not to let these deadly strands cause even more wreckage down below.   
Lauren saw that Payton was at the end of her rope. From experience, Lauren knew that Payton could become unstable in her behavior during a state like that this. Payton had a short span of tolerance when things didn’t go her way and could suffer some serious impulse-control issues.  So Lauren concluded that to guarantee the micro-people’s safety Payton had to be ushered out of the room immediately.

“I could kill for a cup of coffee right now Payt. Would you be a sweetheart and grab me a mug please?” Lauren asked in the politest way.   “Not until this garbage is over!” Payton snorted and scowled down over the city, with her beautiful black hair cascading along her face.

Lauren had to choose her next move with care. She had known Payton for many years and was familiar with the strings she had to pull in order to maneuver her in whatever way she had in mind. However, the girl could be very fickle sometimes and even after years of experience with Payton’s behavior, things could go south extremely quickly with a faulty approach.   Lauren gently lay down her hand on Payton’s shoulder. The latter looked up at her with an expression of defiance.
  
“Don’t worry Payt. I’ll take care of them. You grab the coffee and it’s all good. I promise.” Lauren said, giving her a friendly squeeze on the shoulder and an amiable smile.
The next few seconds were crucial. Lauren waited tensed to see Payton’s reaction. Anything was possible now, from a gentle hug, to a devastating smash of her fist upon blocks of minuscule skyscrapers.

“One or two sugars?” Payton said, while rising to her full height again.

“Let’s keep it to one this time.” Lauren replied and was relieved to see the well-shaped butt of her friend ambling off.
Swiftly, she turned her gaze back towards the city which was still in full pandemonium. Lauren could not undo the damage. However, she could try to calm them down, could make it known to them that she and Payton had only good intention.
A wild idea popped into her head, and Lauren decided to go along with it.
She parked her cute behind on the floor and sat Indian style, putting a large portion of the city in the shadows when one of her thighs blocked out the sunlight. Placing one hand next to the city as support for her weight, she looked down upon them with a smile and started to sing a random song in a pleasant soft voice, like a mother soothing her troubled tyke.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

----------------------------------------
Thanks for reading and let me hear your thoughts.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius