- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just an idea I came up with out of the blue.

Let me know if you like it and I will happily add more chapters.

 

 

 

 

 

The thick oaken door fabricated a horrible squeaking creak when Lauren pushed it open, peeped her blond curly head in and squinted through the dusty gloom of the secluded cottage.

“It seems like no one is home.” She whispered to Payton, her long-life girlhood friend, stationed behind her, impatiently.

Despite their big differences in personality, the two had a solid friendship, forged during high school, where their common interest in the drawing of manga caricatures wielded it all together.

Payton was a brazen beauty, with pitch black hair, which she usually pulled up. Her fulgid lake-blue eyes were both breath-catching as sometimes intimidating when things didn’t go her way.

Lauren, on the other hand, appeared like the sweet girl next door, who could even conjure a warm smile on her appealing, curly snout during rush hour on a monday morning.

“How can you be so sure?” Payton whispered back. “I thought you said the owner would be here to meet us.”

Lauren shrugged. “Beats me.”

“Lets check inside.” Payton said.

Nooo... Lets do not such a thing. no no…” Lauren hushed. “The owner told us to…”

“I don’t see no owner here. Do you? And why in God's name are we whispering here? Step aside.” Payton plunged her vacation bag on the ramshackled porch and shove her friend apart. Next, her cut off denim shorts tightened, displaying the unmatched curves of her voluptuous butt, when she kicked the door open with her salmon-pink sneaker.

“Payton! What the hell?!” Lauren reacted aghast.

Due to the force of Payton’s kick, the door squeaked and swung open, until it made a crashing sound when it collided hard against the wall, reverberating through the cottage.

After it subsided, they looked at each other, waiting, appalled, afraid that the owner might suddenly appear out of a dark corner to scold them. Nothing happened. Merely the whistling sound of the traveling wind was heard, so height up in the mountains, squeezing its way through the slits and cracks.

“At least we now know no one is home.” Payton broke the silence and picked up her bag again. “Come. Lets do some recon.” She ambled inside.

“No please. Wait.” Lauren begged in vain to stop Payton. “What if the owner comes while we are inside?”

“Will you cut the crap about the owner already! We’ve paid for this place, haven’t we? Let's enjoy our well-earned holiday. Now grab your stuff and come inside.” Lauren hesitated for a moment, standing on the porch, looking about all nervous, hearing the eerie whistles of the wind.

“This place gives me creeps.” She mumbled, quickly gathered her stuff and ushered herself in, following suit.

“You think they have some power in this crap hole?" Payton called out, trying to switch the lights on. No illumination came. "Can't see shit in here. Sheesh.” Suddenly, she had to squint her eyes when a bulb flickered on right above her.

“Found the power switch!" Lauren’s muffled voice called out from the hallway.

“Yea I noticed.” Payton looked about, hands on her hips, and realized she was standing in the kitchen. On the contrary, to the outside the kitchen was quite modest and decorous, containing all necessary tools to prepare proper meals.

Guess this place is slightly less in dilapidation than I thought. "Lucky us." Payton said, sarcastically.

“Look what I found!” Lauren walked in, presenting the tip of her finger in front of Payton’s curious sea blue eyes.

“What you got?” Payton asked.

“Just look.” Lauren prodded.

A bit impatient, Payton furrowed her brows, straining her eloquent eyes to get a clear view of the minuscule object resting on Lauren’s fingertip, which could not have been bigger than a grain of rice.

“Is that some sort of… incredible tiny… vehicle?”

“Mmm.” Lauren acknowledged with a smile. “I found it on the cupboard, there’s even more of them. Wanna see?” She asked all giddy with excitement. “I could have sworn I saw them moving.”

Payton made a loud yawn and stretched the stiffness off her limbs. “That sounds very interesting and all, but I rather plunge in the hammock now for a beauty sleep, not that I need one of course.” She fashioned her pitch black hair, looking in a mirror with her stunning blue eyes. “Dragging through that maze of hairpin bends has worn me out.”

Lauren frowned. “Your boring!”

Nooo, Im tired.” And with that, Payton walked off, in search for the bedroom to crash down her stuff, sneakers cracking on the parquet.

+++

Lauren hushed back to the living room, taking multiple elated glances at the micro vehicle tipped on her finger.

“Lets see what we got here.” Lauren squatted in front of the cupboard so that her sparkling eyes leveled its surface, ironing some curly locks from her face with her hand. “Now, where are your other little rascal friends hmm?” In her consternation, Lauren saw nothing, scanning every inch of the surface in vain.

“Huh?… my eyes playing tricks on me here?” She lifted up some objects coating the cupboard, an asian like piece of porcelain, a coppery clock, then; the voice of her friend demanded attention, calling from the bedroom.

“Okay… What! The Fuck!... is this!” Payton’s voice screeched from the bedroom.

“What is it? You found something?” Lauren replied.

She heard Payton making a groan of frustration. “Come see for yourself.”

Lauren paced for the bedroom and found Payton standing with her arms crossed and a deep grooved frown, gaping at a large oaken wardrobe, which doors were wide open.

“What draws your curiosity?” Lauren asked, all tangled by the scene.

Payton didn’t respond. She was just looking, with annoyance veiled on her face.

Lauren positioned herself next to Payton, so she could take a glance in the gloomy closet.

At first, her gaze traveled at eye-level, meeting shelves partly filled with things like, blankets, facecloth and towels.

When her sight descended all the way to the floor she thought she could perceive... “Are those… toy buildings?” She asked. Voice peppered with amusement.

Lauren crouched and pulled out her phone from her back-pocket and switched a light on to disclose the shrouded row of tiny buildings.

What greeted her was the scene of a modern-day city of microscopic proportions, with buildings not larger than lego blocks. The middle part seemed to be the business district with office towers and skyscrapers of about two inches tall.

“A toy city! It looks so incredible real! Wow.” Lauren gasped in awe, always a girl who was easy to impress. “But what is it doing here, in a closet? Hey check over there!” She points in excitement. “They even have an airfield and look, a stadium! Oh no wait… make that two stadiums! I bet they could use a player like you Payton.” She winked at her friend in delight who was one of the top players at soccer in her own division.

“This is not funny Lauren!” Payton whined. “Where am I supposed to store my shoes this vacation huh?”

Lauren rolled her eyes, sometimes her friend seemed so rigid in her habits.

“Just… showcase them in that dusky corner over there or something. I don't know.”

Payton suddenly met her eyes with deep indignation.

“Showcase them in what?... are you insane?! Get the broom.” Payton suddenly commanded.

“The broom?” Lauren asked.

“Yes the broom. Its that thing over there that looks like a big wooden toothbrush. Grab it for me will ya? We're gonna clean this trash up. But first, Im going to ventilate my anger by pounding about with my nikes, starting with your beloved stadiums.”

Payton already lifted her athletic leg, ready to unleash a relentless stomp on the fragile buildings. These micro structures wouldn't stand a chance against the power of her sportive leg.

“No wait! Do you hear that?” Lauren blocked Payton’s leg, which was already casting an ominous shadow over the city’s outskirts.

“I don’t hear shit! Now let me have my fun. I drove the lion’s share.” She tried to push away Lauren's blocking hand.

“Just ssst… listen.” Lauren prodded again and shelled her ear with her hand. “I think I can hear… It sounds like the buzzing of… a vibrant city.”

Payton groaned in frustration. “What?”

“Come here.” Lauren said. “Your ears are too high.”

Payton lowered herself on all fours, crashing her knees and elbows on the ground in a not so subtile manner.
Both girls, listened… and in their surprise heard the feint mixture of people screaming, cars honking and wailing sirens.
They looked at each other in disbelief, mouths gawking wide open.

“Does this sound emanates… from that?” Payton pointed to the micro city, sprawled out in front of them in all its gloriousness.

“Judging by the sound they appeared to be in panic about something.” Lauren pondered.

Payton gave her a meaningful look. “You think so? I wonder what could be the cause of that.” She said sarcastically. "Just two mega large ladies peeping in on them. Two hot mega large ladies to be more specific."

“Oh shut up you! You wouldn’t believe me in the first place.” Lauren fumed.

“Temper there. I think you're scaring the crap out of them with your inharmonious voice.” Payton placed her hand on Lauren's lips when the screams and shouts pitched even higher.

“Are there really like… tiny minuscule people living in there?” Lauren asked.

“Only one way to find out.” Payton shrugged, combed her black locks of hair out of her face and lowered her beautiful countenance, hovering it just above a cramped city block. She had to squint seriously hard to be able to discern those diminutive buildings and roads.

“You see anything?” Lauren asked, still positioned in her squat next to Payton’s tight ass, outstretched in the air. “Well?” Lauren prodded again, impatient.

“Will you just…” Payton spun her neck to face Lauren with a vexed look on her face, whispering in an angry voice. “Don't you understand that I could blow up their eardrums by replying on your stupid question when my mouth is hovering just above their heads?”

Suddenly, Lauren made a loud gasp, pointing her stare just below Payton’s head. Payton carefully spun her neck to see what was going on, and in her dismay saw that a few locks of her black hair had fallen down by the motion and did quite the number on a few structures. Plumbs of smoke swirled up, originated from a few warehouses, totally foundered by Payton’s thick hair locks.

“Look what you did!” Payton fumed.

“What I did?” Lauren said indignant.

“Never mind.” Payton sighed. And stood up to her full height, Lauren followed suit.
For a moment, they just stood there, one, arms crossed, the other, hands on the hips, looking down at the fragile micro city and the carnage Payton’s hair had caused.

“What now?” Lauren broke the silence finally after they took stock about it.

“Well… looks like we have an entire city of perhaps a couple of millions micro people residing in our closet. The way I see it, we got only two options.”

“Yea?” Lauren prodded.

“We could clean it all up and dump it in the trash can, so I can finally store my shoes decently, or… we could have some fun with them.”

“I’ll take options B!” Lauren jollied up. “We could observe them and take care of them and stuff… You know.. support them in their needs.”

Payton sniggered. “Your serious? That your way of having fun with insignificant little people?”

“Why… Yes off course. What else could we do with them? I mean, we can't hang out with them or something.”

“Your right about that.” Payton looked down at the city with a sardonic smile. “But we could cause some major destruction… that would really help me to let off some steam. Or…” Payton nibbled her lower lip in anticipation. “Force them to worship us as deities. I always wanted to be a God, standing above all else.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thx for reading

please let me hear your thoughts!