- Text Size +

 

Misato was driving Asuka back home while thoughts were racing in her head. 

“Damn, how are we supposed to fight the enemy that’s that small? There’s no way I could tell Asuka that, she’d flip out. Not to mention there’s no way that she’d want any of the other pilots going in there to get it out. Fuck, what do I do.” 

It certainly would be a pain in the ass to get a hold of Shinji, let alone have him be up for a mission like this, leaving Misato’s only option being Rei. She knows that she’ll do as she’s asked. It was settled then, Rei will have to do this. Unannounced to Asuka, Misato brought along with her a laptop from NERV, as well as Asuka having to have an unexpected guest. 

*** (Before leaving NERV, but right when Asuka was waiting in Misato’s car)

“So, you were able to make the shrinking gel?” Misato asked Ritsuko.

“Yes, this should help with this new Angel, this is something completely unexpected with my studies. We’ve never heard of or seen an Angel that could shrink itself down, let alone enter inside of a host. 

“It seems that the Angels keep getting smarter with each one we knock down. The threat gets increasingly scarier with each passing day.”

“It most certainly does, but we also advance ourselves as well. It’s just like evolution.” Ritsuko said with a reassuring smile to Mitsado.

“But, there is an important thing you must know about this gelatin. It’s effects can only last for a few hours. I wish I’d have been able to have gotten it perfectly the first time around, but time is something we unfortunately don’t have.”

Mitsado smiled at the longtime friend and put her hand on her shoulder.

“That’s totally fine Ritsuko, I’ll make sure to get the most out of it.”

“One more thing. Make sure to use this alternative gel to trigger the gel. This is so the chemicals know what to do. I’ve made them so they know to shrink down the user to approximately 1 inch.”

“Thanks Ritsuko, you’ve always been around to help me!”

“What are friends for?”

*** (Present Time)

Misato had recalled that she made sure to touch base with Rei via texting to come over for the mission. It felt so strange to her how easily she was to convince and persuade her to carry through with this mission. She felt maybe, in some strange sort of way, this could be a way of her getting out of her head...and into someone else's? The more she thought about it the more weirded out she got. She would be interacting with Rei using a built in microphone so at least she’s getting some form of human interaction. Beats whatever she was gonna do at her apartment all by herself. All that mattered to her was getting rid of this parasitic angel that decided to enter Asuka’s body. They pulled into the parking lot for there apartment complex. While walking up the stairs, Misato carried a suitcase containing her laptop, as well as Rei and EVA Unit 00. 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

And that about does it for the introduction of the story, now we get to go to what we all came here for. As I've said before, please feel free to comment, rate, critique, and favorite the story if you can. It would mean a lot to me.