- Text Size +

 

A blip finally appeared on the scanners at NERV. “Where did that come from” asked Misato with a shock in her voice. Something was strange and different about this one. Usually the size of the angel appears much larger than the miniscule blip that appeared on the scanners. All this did was leave Misato feeling confused and concerned at the same time. “M’am there appears to be an Angel, what should we do? It does appear to be much smaller then usual though”. Misato’s brows went into a thoughtful position. Gendo wasn’t here, as usual when the situations get hectic like this. “Let’s wait it out until the blip gets larger, I’m not sure what’s going on.” 

*

Asuka walked at a calm and brisk pace back to NERV headquarters. She had her pictures at the ready for Kaji to check out. While walking with a strut to her step, she heard a gurgling sound come out from her stomach. “I hope Misato’s shift ends pretty soon, I’m getting hungry” she thought to herself. 

*

The landscape of Asuka’s stomach was a large and veiny one. The Angel looked around the stomach to try to find some sort of way to escape it. It was hard to see throughout her stomach due to stomach juices causing such a humidity within the air. It looked around and around for some sort of exit, it could feel it’s body starting to be eaten by her acidic stomach juice. Suddenly, it noticed a hole at the top of the stomach, without hesitation, it launched itself upwards, while also being careful not to alarm it’s host. 

*

Misato’s heart skipped a beat, it seemed the scanners were detecting the Angel entering the NERV headquarters. But that couldn’t be right, she figured some alarms or some loud exploding sounds would be going on if that was the case. “Reset the scanners, I think it’s broken” she says to the team. Meanwhile, Asuka came up to Misato waving at her. “Hey Misato, where’s Kaji?” “He isn’t in today” she said. “Damn” said Asuka annoyed.

“How was your venture through the mountains” Misato asked with a smile.

“It was pretty nice, not having to have that annoying blockhead Shinji spoil it” responded Asuka. “Besides, he is far too childish to enjoy an adult activity such as looking out at the city from a mountain”

“I think you’re being a little too hard on Shinji”.

“No he’s totally childish. He was stuck on some easy math problem and I was able to solve it under a minute.”

“Well you’re certainly a diligent student, I can definitely say that.” Misato said while chuckling to herself. 

While talking with Asuka, Misato noticed some sort of light omitting from Asuka’s throat. It was small, but brief. She realized then and there that the scanners weren’t wrong, there was definitely an angel. But it wasn’t just in NERV’s headquarters, it was inside of Asuka. And worse of all, she had to come up with a solution to getting it out of her. 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Like I mentioned in the previous chapter, feel free to comment, critique, and rate the story. Anything helps and is appreciated, thank you!