- Text Size +

It was a nice beautiful day outside once more. Rei had been sitting outside of NERV headquarters, reading a book all to herself. She enjoyed the solitude that came from it. The wind was softly blowing around her and the birds were chirping. She knew that she got here early, but she always likes to be on time just in the off chance an Angel might be attacking Tokyo-3 or something. In today's case it was additional training. While she was reading her book, a familiar face had started to approach her. It was none other than Asuka Langley. 

“Guten Morgen” Asuka said with a smile.

“Guten Morgen” said Rei in her typical soft tone.

“So, that stupid Shinji is late, as always.”

“It would appear that way.”

Rei felt so painfully awkward sitting next to the woman she had essentially just been used for as an armpit scrubber, consumed by, and used to masturbate with. All the while she was completely unaware of any of these things. But, she needed to maintain her composure for some nice social interaction, even if Asuka could be a bit of a bitch to her sometimes. 

“So...how was your day off? Did ya get to do anything fun?”

Rei could only think of the insane mission she had been tasked with not even twelve hours ago. But, she came up with something else to say.

“I didn’t really do all that much yesterday. I just sort of read this book I’m currently reading and spent my day doing that.”

“Oh come on, that sounds boring! Life isn’t all about books ya know. I spent the day going out and around the mountains of Tokyo-3, I wished only Kaji could’ve been there to see it. But alas, he must’ve been busy so me and him could do it another time.”

“That sounds like it be nice.”

“Yeah it would be” said Asuka in a trance.

“I just enjoy reading to myself, it’s a fun way to pass the time.”

“I prefer to just live my life.”

Asuka seemed to be unusually kind to Rei today. Was she aware of the mission she had undertaken? Maybe this is just generosity finally showing itself to her. It was certainly a nice change of pace. She looked up at her book for the first time the entire conversation to look at her. The long auburn hair, the rich blue eyes, the sun dress that colors went along with her these two things so incredibly well. She was certainly a pretty girl and could easily see why she was so popular the years back to when they used to go to school. Rei looked at Asuka and smiled at her. She smiled and said, “Books can wait for today.” Asuka had also smiled at her too. 

“We don’t really hang out that much do we?”

“I don’t believe we do.”

“Would you wanna...hang out sometime?”

Rei smiled at the offer given to her and said, “Sure thing.” Asuka quickly got up and gave Rei a huge hug. Perhaps this was her way of apologizing for being a brat to her for all these years. She’d take this new form of treatment she was getting. Rei couldn’t tell if it was the wind making her hear things or something, but during the hug, she could’ve sworn she heard Asuka taking a sniff of her. 

“Calling EVA Pilots, report to the basement immediately.”

As the speakers were going off, they both saw Shinji running in the distance with such force and panic. 

“Late again Shinji!” said Asuka back to her bratty self.

“Sorry the train station was clogged.”

“That’s no excuse! An Angel could’ve come and attacked while you were dicking around in that train.”

Rei laughed to herself silently as these two were back at it again, somethings never really change. But, there was something that had changed,  Rei had enjoyed and felt comfortable around Asuka. With that, the trio had walked into NERV headquarters to embark on there training. 


 

Chapter End Notes:

And that's the finale for this story. I really enjoyed writing this, and was amazed by how many of you had been reading it. Thank you all for reading through this. I hope you all liked it. Like I said, I have some other giantess Evangelion ideas I want to write. Please feel free to comment, critique, and now give your final thoughts about this story. I intend to write a new one shortly after this so overall, thank you and have a good day.