- Text Size +
As Karen walked around the house, fixing herself some food, her thoughts were constantly on the little thing between her toes.
Well, not just little – absolutely minute. Her own son, no less.
And the thought brought with it excitement like she had never known before. She was giddy. And all through torturing a shrunken person at her feet. The sense of power was like an aphrodisiac. It was all she could do not to rip off her shoe and stare at his tiny, trapped body between her smallest toe and its neighbor. But no, she wanted to keep him there as if he really were beneath her notice, like lint. That way, he would truly get a feel of what any students being punished would go through when she got the job. And he could report back and tell her exactly what it was like. If she concentrated hard enough, she could actually feel him, like a slight annoyance between a fold of flesh. Well, maybe not an annoyance, as it actually felt divine.
As Karen fried some eggs, she wondered why it was she didn’t feel bad for little Tom. While she didn’t want to hurt him, she realized she wasn’t exactly too sympathetic to what he was going through, or too concerned with his safety, considering his size. Karen was confident she could handle him without causing injury, but still…
She ate her food, had a glass of wine, and left her son marinating in her foot-smell, between her giant toes inside her shoe. It had occurred to her to maybe change into slippers, which would have been more comfortable for her, but knowing she would never be wearing slippers for work, she decided to stick with the loafers.
She then watched some TV and soon – for her – it came time to bring the evening to a close. She did think about keeping Tom small throughout the night, but figured that would have been a little too much. At least on his first night. So, she removed her shoes and pulled apart the toes that trapped him. The little form, much smaller than even an inch, didn’t seem to be moving.
Karen retrieved the magnifying glass for a better look. The fleshy lump was still sandwiched in a wrinkle, unmoving – probably unable to move. Karen chuckled. She then reached a pointer finger in towards him gently swiped it through the gap in her toes, like rubbing out a little bit of dirt. Again, she had acted without really thinking of his safety, but when she held the magnifying glass above the pad of her finger, Karen could make out his features. He was breathing, and didn’t look injured, but Tom’s eyes were closed.
He was unconscious.
‘Oh, that is precious,’ Karen said to herself. ‘A little too much for you, Tom?’
She couldn’t blame him. The poor spec had been left in her shoe for at least a couple of hours, totally ignored, with her giant toes around him. She had an almost overwhelming urge to jam him back in there, between her toes, or even – as bad as it sounded – to wedge him underneath a toenail. The thought made her chuckle again, and brought with it a pang of excitement.
But no. She had to leave it now. At least for tonight. Tom could continue helping with these tests and trials later.
She, keeping an eye on the little bug that was stuck fast to her finger, Karen retrieved the shrinking device and took Tom upstairs, carrying him like some kind of precious booger, stuck to the pad of her finger. Another amusing thought.
Karen then took him to the guest bedroom, figuring he could just sleep there tonight, and pulled back the covers. She moved her finger over the bed, lowering it closer, then used her thumb to gently rub him off. The little black dot fell to the bed.
Karen then stood back, aimed the device, and soon Tom was full size again. The growing process was amazing to see, and there was her boy, face down, breathing deeply. He looked disheveled, his skin flushed and damp, and his hair was a mess. But he seemed fine, just in a deep sleep.
Karen pulled the sheets back over him, switched off the light, and whispered, ‘Sleep tight, little boy. My feet will see you again soon.’
She then closed the door and prepared herself for bed, unable to switch off the excitement that coursed through her.