- Text Size +
Karen Jenson let the black high heel slip from her right foot and stretched out her nylon covered toes, enjoying the feeling of freedom afforded to her foot from her cramped heel. It was almost a reflex after sitting down following a long day. She rotated her ankles and then stretched out her legs, letting her thick calves stretch out as well.
The 49 year old would normally have been on her way home now from her job as a teacher. But a faculty meeting had been called, summoning heads of department, of which she was one, heading up the English section of the school. If she were honest with herself, Karen found most faculty meetings dull and pointless. However, she was really looking forward to this one, and sat at the large table, along with other teachers and the headmistress, with great anticipation, leaning forward to rest her elbows on the table before her.
She was dressed suitable attire: a blue blouse, long black skirt, tan nylons and peep-toe heels (which had now been discarded beneath the desk). Her hair, dirty blond with a few strands of grey, was worn in a high, business-like bun.
Along with the teachers in the large office, there was someone else present, too. Anthony Talbot, a senior, almost ready to finish up school. He was also a well-known trouble maker, and had little prospects after school. The normally cocky and self-assured young man looked very timid and nervous and, unlike everyone else in the room, was not afforded a seat, instead having to stand next to Ms. Tate, the 55 year old headmistress, who sat at the head of the table, with a cardboard box before her, not much bigger than a shoe box.
Karen had a feeling she knew why he was here and it took a lot to stop from smiling.
Ms. Tate coughed to get everyone’s attention, and the rather excited whispering died down. The headmistress started to speak.
‘As I’m sure you have heard, our school has been selected to be the next in line to take part in the government Size Alteration Scheme, a trial being rolled out to help bring unruly students into line.’ Ms. Tate cast a sly look up to Anthony as she said this, and the boy’s cheeks flushed a deep and strong red. ‘We will be only the second school in the area to do so, and the instructions are that we must allocate only one person as the school licensed corrections official. That person will be responsible for administering punishment as required. It is a very serious role, with a nice little pay increase for the chosen candidate. And, as you may have heard, there could also be different career paths open up, to work in government in more lucrative corrections facilities. It’s a shame that head-teachers aren’t eligible for this role, I have to tell you.’ Everyone chuckled at this and Karen cast a look around the table to gauge interest. Some seemed appalled, yet smiled politely (after all, the Size Alteration Scheme was not met with universal approval and was quite controversial, despite its stellar results), but there were definitely some interested faces. One of which, Karen was not surprised to see, was Sandra Pike, the head of the maths department.
Sandra was a couple of years older than Karen, and thought herself above her peers, so assured of her own ability, even if that assuredness was misplaced. She wore her dark hair in a bob cut, and, while a little shorter than Karen, was much more rotund. Karen didn’t exactly consider herself a skinny supermodel, and was aware that her heaving bosom, wide hips, and thick legs put her slightly on the bigger side, Sandra would have to be considered overweight. She wore a red, flowery top over dark trousers, and Karen could see the glint in the woman’s eyes as the headmistress spoke.
Sandra wanted this job.
But so did Karen.
Ms. Tate went on. ‘So, I have decided that the role will be given to one of the department heads. Those of you who want it can put your names forward now, and we can appraise who is best suited. We have a little time before we need to make a decision, but first I need to know who wants it.’
‘I do,’ Sandra said, raising her hand. ‘I have an excellent disciplinary record and would be perfect for the job.’
Ms. Tate gave a slight nod of her head. ‘Good to know, but we need to consider all applicants. Anyone else?’
Only three others raised their hands, and Karen was among them. Sandra cast her a scowl, but Karen just smiled confidently back. If that bitch thought she was going to walk into this job, she had another thing coming.
‘Excellent. We will make a note of all applicants. Good luck to you all. But, I want to make sure you know what you are getting into. I assume you have all heard what the most successful correction measure has proven to be?’
Sandra again raised her hand, with a smug smile, and answered without being asked. ‘Oh yes. In fact, I know a teacher from a school a few towns over who is the corrections officer there. The most effective and wide spread method is to reduce the troublemaker,’ and the woman turned to look at Anthony now, who shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other, ‘to about an inch or so, and administer punishment underfoot.’
A few more murmurs around the table, mostly from those unhappy with what was being discussed. Ms. Tate raised a hand and silenced everyone immediately.
‘That is correct,’ she said. ‘So, the successful candidate will have to be happy in handing out that kind of punishment. The studies have shown it is the most efficient way to break down a student’s resistance and rebellious nature. Having their agency stripped and being so utterly humiliated is, apparently, quite a revelatory experience, and not one most want to repeat. So, are all the applicants happy with that?’
All nodded, including Karen.
It might have seemed harsh, almost unthinkable, but since the breakthrough in size alterations became to bear, studies had indeed shown it to be unbelievably effective. Hence the trial now going on around the country.
And Karen had to admit, while she wasn’t an evil person, the thought of putting some of these unruly students firmly in their place was more than appealing. If she were completely honest, it was even exciting a little, and she imagined what young Anthony over there, the young man blushing madly, would feel like under her meaty foot. Karen realised that she was actually twisting the ball of her right foot in the tiled floor while thinking this, and almost tittered.
But the main reason for her wanting the position was the pay rise and possible advancement. She was happy to just sit back and take her lot in life, she wanted more, and this was a great chance to claim it. At least, some of it. As it was, though she lived comfortably in a nice house, Karen felt she deserved more. Indeed, a small portion of her wage went to help her son, Tom, who-despite being a lovely person-was struggling in life, dropping out of further education, working a menial job, and struggling to make ends meet with rent. The extra money would really help Karen live a little more luxuriously, more than making up for what she gave her son every month.
‘Glad to hear it!’ Ms. Tate said and clapped her hands happily. Ms. Tate was a similar height to Karen, just under 5’10, but thinner. He dusty blond hair ran with strands of grey and black, and she wore it in curls, that fell down and framed her angular face and oddly strong jaw. She also wore rimmed glasses that perched on her nose. Ms. Tate stood to her feet and took the top of the cardboard box before her.
Karen knew what was inside. Anthony looked close to tears. Ms. Tate went on.
‘Well, I think it only right to see what this technology is capable of. I am told Anthony here has been quite disruptive today, and, while we are figuring out who our appointed corrections officer will be, I felt it prudent to see the process in action.’
‘Ms. Tate, please…’ Anthony sobbed.
‘Quite!’ she barked back, waving a dismissive hand. ‘You have only yourself to blame for being here.’
Ms. Tate then got to her feet and lifted a remote from the box, one that looked nothing like anything Karen had ever seen. She could see buttons and also an touchscreen display, similar to that of a smart phone. Ms. Tate powered it up and chuckled.
‘Oh my, it really is user intuitive. Now, could all applicants please come up here?’
Karen slipped her shoes on and did as told. They all, except one, stood to the left of Ms. Tate, but Sandra stood close to Anthony on the other. Poor Anthony actually had tears in his eyes. The remote was then pointed at him and Karen could see the hungry look in Ms. Tate’s eyes.
‘Are you ready to get tiny?’ she asked, and tittered, clearly enjoying the poor boys impending humiliation.
Anthony opened his mouth to plead his case, but a light emitted from the end of the remote and engulfed him. There was laughing and gasps of amusement from the room, as well as uncomfortable squirms from those less then enthused, as they could all see what was happening.
Karen’s mouth hung open in absolute awe. She could see the poor boy-eyes wide in sheer terror-being to actually grow smaller. His arms were slowly pulled into his sleeves, and his head, reducing in size all the time, soon disappeared into the collar of the t-shirt he wore under his jumper. Eventually, as the mass beneath dissipated, the clothing started to drop to the floor, until, eventually, all they were looking at was Anthony’s discarded clothes lying on the ground, surrounded by the feet of the teachers.
‘Amazing,’ she said. ‘But is he okay?’
‘He should be,’ Ms. Tate said. ‘But clothes don’t shrink as well. We have been given plenty of tiny little jumpsuits that the shrinkies can wear, in lots of sizes, but since this is to be a quick demonstration, I don’t think they are needed for Anthony.’
‘That isn’t really appropriate,’ a dissenting voice called from the table.
‘Everything we are doing here is legal and you know it, Miss. Morrison,’ the headmistress shot back, bringing the case to a close. Karen, however, was more interested in watching the clothing on the floor. She wasn’t sure if it was her imagination, but she could swear she could make out the most miniscule of movement.
‘No,’ Ms. Tate went on, ‘let’ see what he looks like.’ She then bent down and very gently plucked up the jumper and t-shirt, being slow in her movements, as if to let anything caught inside to slowly slide back down to the floor from a small height. Eventually the shoes and jeans were kicked aside too and more gasps of amazement could be heard.
There he was.
Probably about an inch tall, Karen was again in away. A tiny, skin coloured little bug with a head of dark hair, lay on the ground looking up at them. Completely naked and, she realised, helpless. At their mercy, his life in their hands. Or, more precisely, at their feet.
She then looked at the pairs of feet that stood close to him. Her own large feet, clad in her big heels, could end him easily. Ms. Tate wore black nylons and navy blue flats, and Sandra’s feet, toes painted red, were bare. The wide and thick looking slabs of meet were encased in Birkenstock sandals with a white overstrap. The chubby toes flexed, almost in anticipation.
Despite his small size, Karen could definitely make out his squeals of protest.
‘So?’ Ms. Tate asked. ‘Everyone still okay with it?’
To Karen’s surprise, one teacher actually returned to her seat with a quiet, ‘Sorry.’ But the others were still in the game.
‘Excellent,’ Ms. Tate said. ‘I think the best way to prove who is the best candidate is for each person to be interviewed. But, interestingly, we have more than one device. So, I was thinking, if any of you can prove you have what it takes to dish-out punishment effectively, without grinding students to paste, then it will definitely improve your chances. I propose you each take one home, along with some of the tiny clothing, and get some practice in, if you can find a willing participant. We will, of course, need a legal disclaimer signing by them, just in case. How does that all sound?’
‘Fantastic!’ Sandra said. ‘My husband will help me practice.’
‘Would he be okay with that?’ Ms. Tate asked.
‘He doesn’t have a choice,’ Sandra laughed, looking down at Anthony.
One of the other applicants pouted. ‘I don’t have anyone to try it on!’ she complained.
Ms. Tate simply shrugged. ‘Try and find someone. We need to ensure we have the right candidate, sorry. And this will no doubt play a big part in that.’
‘Oh,’ Sandra said, ‘slipping her big foot from her sandal, ‘you already have the right candidate.’
Karen felt her jaw tense and she would be damned if that woman was going to take her promotion. And, Karen new, she had someone she could call on to practice with as well. He may not like it, but he damn sure owed her, so would take part come hell or high water. She was already plotting tests in her mind-little experiments to carry out to really get good at this. But, what she knew would be vital, that she was sure Sandra would overlook, was the shrinkee’s feedback. They could give invaluable advice about what works, how different things feel, what the experience was like. Karen had a feeling Sandra would just do what she thought was right and leave it at that, and her overconfidence would be her undoing.
Karen allowed herself a smile. Hell, she even had half a mind to slip her foot from her shoe and grasp the small boy with her toes right now, just to show what she was capable of, but she didn’t.
But, to her horror, Karen then saw Sandra slip her wide foot from the sandal. The whole room looked on, intrigued, as she moved the monstrous appendage over the small boy, blocking him from sight.
‘I have a little admission to make,’ Sandra said, with a giggle. ‘The correction officer I know has let me help out with summer holiday punishments on occasion, so you might say I’m a bit of a pro at this.’
The mighty foot then lowered, pressing itself fully to the floor. Karen was sure that the boy was dead, but Sandra’s smile was still self-assured, even smug. The foot raised, toes pulled back, revealing the chubby, wrinkled and calloused sole to them all.
And there he was, plastered in the centre of the ball, arms and legs splayed, evidently held in place by sweat and natural oils of the foot.
‘He’s absolutely fine, I assure you, if a little repulsed. But I’m sure Anthony here will be a good boy from now on, unless he wants to live in my shoe.’ He snorted out a laugh.
‘Impressive,’ Ms. Tate said, with an approving nod. ‘Looks like the rest of you have your work cut out for you.’
Karen’s jaw tightened and determination rose in her. As soon as she got home, she was going to call her son. It was time to repay his debts.

*

Tom let himself fall into the sofa in his small apartment, one he knew he could not afford to stay in much longer. He’d been let go from his job, only today finding out the branch of the store he worked at was closing. If he couldn’t find anything else, then that was it, he couldn’t afford rent.
He felt low and useless.
Perhaps he could ask his mother for more help? He didn’t want to do that as she already helped him out too much as it was, but what else could he do? If not, he might have to move back in with her, if he’d have her. And, even though he had only turned 20, he valued his independence.
He pulled out his phone, almost out of instinct, and began looking at videos on a pornographic video streaming website. It possibly wasn’t the time for such things, but the stress was too much, as was the allure of a fetish that dominated quite a lot of his waking thoughts.
One he wished he didn’t have.
The video he chose was of a woman. She was clothed, very attractive in a woman-next-door type of way, and older than he was. But she wasn’t flashing her genitals or breasts. Instead, she was using her feet to play with a tiny little toy, once that resembled a small man, utterly dominating it.
He felt himself grow hard. But, before he could act on it, the screen changed to show an incoming call: Mom.
After a moment’s hesitation, he answered. ‘Hi, Mom. What’s up?’
‘Tom,’ he head his mother’s voice say, ‘I have something I need to talk to you about.’