- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hi there little bugs, toys, slaves and pets! It's Vatrena! Your not-so-friendly Goddess. Well, you might not know me yet seeing as this is my first story here. And I do hope you enjoy it! If you did, feel free to leave a review!

Tinies had never really been accepted as much more than animals at best and just pests at worst. They were physicaly no different than ordinary humans, except for their small 2 inch tall stature. It is uncertain how tinies came to be, although the most common legends tell that they are descendants of a nomadic people who once insulted a powerful mage, who in turn placed a curse upon them, draining away their size and stature, where they once thought big of themselves, now they could never again think something so silly.

 

Since then they have lived in small groups, hiding deep inside trees or burrows, some brave ones even lived among ordinary sized humans or even other races such as elves or dwarves. They would scavenge whatever they could find for food, often picking out scraps from what larger creatures didn't eat, most tinies going for days without food before getting a chance to find a meal.

 

However, there was a story about a potion which could grow a tiny back up to the stature of a regular human. Many tinies have tried to make the potion, but having no knowledge of alchemy themselves, they could never even attempt to do so. However, it is said that witches have the ability to make such a potion and have been doing so for centuries. As such, many adventurous tinies have lost their lives trying to find this fabled potion in a witch's home. One such adventurous tiny is Nate.

 

Nate was, just like most tinies, born in a small burrowed community of about 200 tinies. And as most tiny communities, he tended to migrate very often, either due to natural elements, other creatures posing danger or just generally news of a better food source. At one point however, in the days of his early adulthood, they moved near a rather peculiar hut in the middle of a large forest. The hut had a strange smell emanating from it, those smells sometimes even reaching the burrows which were some meters away, hidden below a bush's shade.

 

Despite the multiple warnings of his friends and family, Nate didn't listen, and one fateful night he decided to sneak out of his home, walking along towards the massive structure. He heard earth-quake like footsteps earlier that day, so whoever lived here was probably gone, or so he hoped.

 

Nearly twenty minutes later he finally reached the entrance to the enormous wooden building. At first he facepalmed himself, realizing that he didn't even know how he would enter inside. But then his eyes lit up in realization as he noticed the large door wasn't even closed, in fact, it was left half opened. He would soon skip inside, seeming rather happy with himself as he entered the hut. It was rather dark inside, so he couldn't see much. However, that soon wouldn't be a worry as fate was not on his side. Not a minute had passed since he entered that he then heard massive earth shattering steps behind him. Immediately he leapt, hiding behind an object he didn't quite recognize in the dark.

Then, the door swung open, and somehow and out of nowhere, the lights turned on. Immediately Nate realized that he hid behind some sort of large wooden cube, perhaps a box of some kind. Though, he couldn't ignore the elephant in the room for long as he turned his head to the right, before gasping in awe.

In front of him was an utterly massive woman, wearing black high heels and some sort of long dark cloak. She took off her cloak, revealing her rose red lips, her dark eyes and raven hair contrasting with her nearly pale white complexion as she sighed. „Maybe it will go better tomorrow.“ She simply let out as she started to walk forward, causing the ground to shake for poor Nate as he struggled to keep his balance.

 

The woman's simple walk was terrifying for the man below as she slowly approached a large cloth structure, before plopping down on its purple and black pattern. No doubt that was her bed as she kicked her feet up into the air, freeing them from her high heels as she laid down on the bed, relaxing.

 

Nate was about to leave, but then curiosity got the best of him as he looked around the hut. Appart from the large bed, there was a wooden table in the corner with a chair, the table itself seeming to have multiple books and glass vials filled with oddly coloured liquids. In the middle was a large black pot of sorts with an interesting looking fire place below it. There were large bookshelves on either side of the room as well as a couple cabinet and a rack filled with more vials, some sorts of powders inside of them. Then the realization hit him and he almost squaked in joy. There was no mistake, this was a witch's hut.

 

Nate composed himself, taking a deep breath. He was still in danger after all. He would wait for the witch to leave and come back tomorrow. If he could find a growth potion, he could keep his community safe from danger. He started to slowly sneak out, and just as he was about to leave, he heard an ominous „Hmm...“ from behind. This immediately caused the tiny man to scatter, running back to his small home as he hid back inside. He got into his makeshift bed of dry grass as he pretended to be asleep. Although, truthfully he couldn't sleep, he was far too excited to do so. He would need to make up an excuse for his family later, but that could wait. For now, he rested as best he could for the sleepless night.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed the first part of the story!