- Text Size +

 


 

 

(June 11, 6:38 pm. Azure Moon street, home of the Barlow Holm family)

 

"Come on, the second!"

Dozens of shouts of excitement and applause filled the immense living room of the Barlow Holm family, accompanied by pleasant conversations and laughter while the neighbors watched together the European women's football game where Sweden faced Chile.

And why so many shouts and applause even though the match was still 0-0? That answer has a name and surname:

Erika Barlow Holm.

 

The organizer of the party, cook of the barbecue and main reason why 28 adults were watching the game was sitting on the side of the group, watching with her mobile certain video game conference that unfortunately was happening at the same time."OH MY GOD! BANJO AND KAZOOIE! Åh jaaaaaaa!!" Erika shouted insane with emotion, accompanied by William Black who was the only other adult present accompanying her watching the conference. (Eager to please the giantess, the serious and elegant General William had spent the last few nights studying all the issues that could appear both during the football game and during the nintendo conference, learning and forming an opinion to be able to speak sincerely with Erika)

 

"The reason we're watching the game is that it's playing Sweden, right? Is not it supposed that Erika should be sitting in the front row watching the game? The first part is almost over and she keeps looking at her phone" Vasnev Semyon asked Alanna, trying to lower his voice, something not necessary due to the continuous cries of the amazon mother.

 

"Yeahhh.... I understand what you say ... but it's not that I can take away her phone. We had a terrible weekend precisely because my wife had a heart in a conflict about this ... so leave her a few more minutes. If there is someone who has enough energy to get excited about characters in a fight game and then come to get excited watching European football ... that's Erika" Alanna sighed filling the glass of margarita again, trying to control herself so as not to lose her composure in front of her neighbors.

 

And while the adults were watching the football game in the huge living room, the children enjoyed the summer hartificial heat and the freshness of the water in the brand new pool in the house. (Which was really just a prototype until Velio and Melker got the permits to build their DOUBLE Olympic pool, name registered by them)

Fraje and Nellie played in the pool with their new friends Vitor and Cassio daCruz, Eliab Wall, Lulia Howee and Lea Gray; sharing ideas for the summer while telling what their neo-brothers (as the children referred to the NEPF for short) did and what they planned to do with them.

And next to the pool protected by a fence of pillows and in the shadow of the house were all the neohuman children, in a playground equipped with all the safest children's toys on the market and supervised by the best babysitter Alanna knew.

Sidney.

 

"ZZZZZZZZZzzzzz ... no, please ... If you keep bringing me such delicious ice cream my hips will resign!...Zzzzzzz..." Sidney murmured in a dream, her drool hanging from both the edge of her lips and the edge of the hammock.

What do a group of babies do when they meet for the first time? Nothing, they are babies that some can only crawl and the most advanced only manage to take one or two steps without falling.

 

But ... and what do that group of babies do when they meet ... if the babies arent normal children, if not Neohumans?Although their parents had introduced them to each other before leaving them all together the babies looked at each other, still not too convinced of new children of similar size to them, distributing themselves throughout the playground while Anne finished the preparations.

Using her ability to make herself understood, Anne managed to communicate with all of them as well as with her two previous friends, giving them the ability to understand each other without the need to pass the conversation on their own. It's not that Anne had too much idea of how she managed to talk with other babies without being able to gather more than 3 syllables and some of them not a single coherent syllable, but as long as everything worked as she wanted the last thing Anne wanted was to find her complaints.

 

In the middle of the park, next to the mini-table that Erika and Alanna had bought for parents to leave their children's favorite toys, Anne, Lisa and Gabrielle finished preparing everything.

"Please pay attention, guys!" Anne thought clarifying her voice in reality, sitting from her position of dominance on the pile of cushions that she and Lisa had managed to accumulate (Gabrielle being too small had only helped to push them, so Lisa and Anne decided to just hand them over so Gabrielle would pile them up).

"I consider this first meeting as initiated, ... that's what Uncle William says, right?" Anne looked to her right, watching as Gabrielle nodded without stopping drinking from her breast milk bottle. "Yeah! then, it's begun!"

 

The babies were silent, looking at each other studying their different characteristics. "And now that? What do we have to do?" Naseera Walker, the daughter of Logan and Nathan Walker, asked, rolling her tail around her cushion. Seeing herself as the most different from the other babies, Naseera stayed in the last row studying her serpentine tail, asking inside why she didnt have legs like the others.

 

Anne was silent, looking at her sides both Lisa Fang and Gabrielle Black, who had decided to sit next to her to know beforehand. "I dont know, I just said what uncle William and my mamma Ala repeats in front of my stuffed animals. Enough that I have made you able to speak inside, dont come to me with complaints!"

 

"That makes no sense! You have started a meeting, now you have to fill it with things! On TV when they meet they say and do things!" Gideon Pearson shouted mentally as he babbled in reality, trying to formulate words like his parents without success.

 

"The big eye is right, we should think of something to fill the meeting ... I mean, it's the first time we see each other! Our parents have introduced us as friends, doesnt that mean we are friends? Friends do things, I see it in my older brother every time he brings friends home and I crawl around him until they include me" Lisa thought as she bit her lip and squeezed her tail, as the baby used to dont knowing what to do.

 

"Dont call me big eye! The weirds one are you all who have two! My mother says that my eye is very beautiful!" Gideon shouted mentally again, beginning to crawl to the floor and facing lisa, throwing himself on top of her and starting to fight. (as much as two babies without conscience of hurting can fight)

 

The babies struggled with each other while the group looked away, still thinking what to do. "Big eye ... nice eye ... I got it!" Anne exclaimed hitting one of her hands against the other as her mother Ala used to do, not understanding why. "To know ourselves better we should say what I saw our parents do! A round presentation!"

 

"Are...are you sure that's the name of what you've mean?!" Gabrielle turned to Anne, narrowing her eyes not too convinced while leaving her milk bottle on the floor next to the pile of cushions.

 

"At 9 percent, whatever that means!" Anne smiled while going down from the cushions and crawled to one of the plastic chairs, dragging it to the center of the meeting. "We will sit here and give our statements so that others can get to know you a little better! And since I am the one who proposed it-" Anne leaned against the chair, rising on two legs and plunging down on the plastic chair not designed for a girl of her size, as everyone else could understand when the chair creaked.

"I'll start! My name is Anne Barlow Holm and I'm a little older and I'm a little older than the others because I was born in January! I am up to what I know what my grandfather calls a 'girl', which is something different from a boy Although I really do not see how it differs from one thing to another... and... and they also says that I am a little giantess, which means that I am very big!-"

 

"We can see it ..." All the babies thought at once, not too excited about the girl who although seemed like them almost twice as big as the others except the tail of Naseera. 

 

"I suppose if you can see it ..." Anne lowered the volume of her thoughts, somewhat self-conscious by the neutrality and monotony of the mental tone of her friends. "I dont know why I'm big, but I like it because I can help you get to other places! My mothers are also like me, or at least they are bigger than the other parents ...-"

 

"We also know ..." They thought again as if they were one-mind.

 

"Ehh! Let me finish!" Anne puffed up her cheeks as much as she could, throwing her head back so she wouldnt see her friends. "I want to say that I am very big, and I like that because I can use it to help others! I hope we can be good friends!" Taking a deep breath, Anne lowered her head again as if nothing had happened, throwing herself to the ground and crawling until she was next to the chair. "See? It's easy, it's the next one that will be ... I dont know, we can do it clockwise?"

 

"Wait," Gideon interrupted Anne, grabbing her by the shoulder. (With a face full of bruises and scratches like Lisa's) "Clockwise from the entrance from the chair or from where you are looking?"

 

 Anne was silent for a few seconds, thoughtful. "I dont know what a clock is, but... from the chair. Which means it's your turn, Gideon!"

 

Gideon nodded, crawling to the chair, leaning on it to stand and find the obvious problem. Not being able to get on the chair was going to be complicated. "Anne, can you ..."

 

"On the way!" Anne thought with a smile, crawling to the chair and positioning herself as a step so that Gideon could climb the chair.

 

"Thanks ... Well, my name is Gideon and I'm a boy. I only have one eye unlike you, but as my eye is much bigger I think that makes me the winner ... I challenge all those present to prove otherwise" Even being babies, thanks to the influence of Anne and to the shared vocabulary between their minds, everyone present thought in unison that Gideon was a born braggart. (Making sure none of them thought too loudly)

"Nobody tries to say the opposite? Well, as the third Neohumano to be born, I call myself vice-captain-" Sammy Gray, the daughter of Matthew and Jaycee, raised her arm-wing, trying to get Gideon's attention. "What do you want, girl bird?"

 

"What is a vice-capitain?" The question hit as if from an anvil was treated the cyclops, which was left licking his thumb without knowing what to say. "And? What is a vice-captain? What is it is that it is what it is-"

 

"Enough! ... I dont know what a vice-captain is, I only said it because it sounded cool ... so as I dont know what to answer anymore I postpone my appointment until further notice! Come on, little bird, if you're smart enough to accuse me you should be up here!" Gideon threw himself to the ground, crawling away to sit under the slide, all with swollen cheeks and staring at the baby harpy climbing Anne to sit in the chair.

 

"Hello! My name is Sammy and I am a harpy even though my mom calls me little bird! My older sister says that I am very different from other children because I do not have hands! Instead-" Sammy lifted both arms forward, waving the claws at the end of them. "See? I have 4 claws and then an opposable lateral claw that works like my thumb!"

 

"And your legs they are also weird and cool. How do you know so many words, by the way? It's the first time I've heard of an opposable... thing." Anne grunted, trying to cope with the annoyance that Sammy's claws were causing in her back.

 

"It's because my older sister does her homework with me when it's time to watch over me! Older sister usually read aloud, and I hear it from her legs! Speaking of legs, it is true that my legs are normal, they are from a little cutie bird according to my mother! Although they are not as good as they seem, Mom has a lot of problems when it comes to buying clothes for my legs and wings!" Stepping down from the chair, Sammy dropped to the floor carefully, turning around and kissing Anne on the cheek. "Thanks for letting me go up, Anne"

 

"She has thanked me! You dont, Gideon! That makes her even better" Anne turned to Gideon just in time to see how the cyclops between closed his eye and stuck out her tongue, doing a raspberry to the giantess baby. "Silly ... next! Zho, it's your turn!" Anne lay down again to serve as a step to the smallest boy present, tied with gabrielle in size issue (Although Zhong was almost a month and a half older than the fox girl), raising her knees a little so that Zhong Hai could sit comfortably.

 

"Thanks, Anne, but it's Zhong. Like Sammy's mom, my mom calls me a mouse and according to my animal books, a mouse is a small animal with round ears and a tail as tiny as a thread ... and I guess that describes me correctly-"

"Dont be sad, Zhong!" Anne, Sammy and Lisa thought at the same time trying to cheer him up. "Your ears are very pretty!" Anne thought smiling.

"And appetizing!" Lisa, Sammy and Gabrielle thought at the same time with a bigger smile still.

 

"I dont know if that calms me ... You're licking your lips" Zhong pointed pointing at the Arpia and the wolf, who quickly rushed to deny it. "Dont look at me wanting to protect me for being small! My father is very strong and I will be too! I'll be someone you can look at as the same ... so please, give me time to train myself" Zhong bowed in a small bow, held the posture as he got off the chair leaning on Anne.

 

"It's starting to hurt my back ... Naseera, do you need help getting up? I ask because ... well, I dont know if that counts as legs" Anne shrugged her shoulders as she watched the lamia begin whimpering. "Oh no! I didnt want to make you feel bad!" Crawling at full speed, Anne launched herself at Naseera hugging her, rolling quickly to place the lamia on her body. "I'm Sorry! So sorry! Sorry!"

 

Drowning the tears, Naseera clung to Anne's sleeveless shirt, sucking tears over her. "I dont know why I dont have legs like the others ... I'm weird ..."

 

"I dont think so, I do not have legs like the others either and I'm not weird!" Sammy exclaimed throwing himself on top of Naseera, grabbing the tail of the lamia with her claws. "It is very hard! And it doesnt seem to be skin ... " Following her baby instincts, Sammy licked the scales trying to decipher what they were.

 

"Dont try to lick them... I try it the other day and I did not know how to find out what they are" Naseera tried to sit up, still embraced by Anne. "The good thing is that because they are hard it doesnt hurt to crawl on the ground..."

 

 Treating the information as a great revelation, Sammy threw himself to the ground sitting next to the others. "That's true! You are the most mobile of all of us! You could open the door of the fences!-"

"Nope. I cant keep up  and move at the same time... my father says I move like a shingles ... " Naseera explained feeling bad for not being able to meet Sammy's expectations. "Anne, why do you keep hugging me? I dont- "

 

"I am your chair! Your friend chair! Introduce yourself!" Anne commanded helping Naseera to sit on the stomach of the giantess, letting her long tail fall forward. (Thanks to her tail, Naseera was as long as Anne)

 

"Well ... I'm Naseera Walker, my parents adopted me a month ago ... before I was with the nurses who took care of me. As you can see I have a very long tail instead of legs, and then I have these hard things around my tail, waist and a little around my neck ... besides my pointy ears. I hope I can get along with you ... and I hope you dont mind my tail..."

 

"You need to smile more!" Anne growled as she gripped the corner of her mouth with both hands, forcing a silly smile. "You see? It hurts a bit but it's fun!" Feeling curious, Naseera imitated the giantess baby. "Yes! You have to smile always, that's what my mothers say!"

 

"Ok ... I'll try, Anne." Naseera continued to force her smile with her fingers as she descended from Anne, wrapping her tail around her as if it were a cushion.

 

"Well ... now it's up to Estela!" Anne screamed mentally as she crawled back to the chair, preparing to help the baby sit up. "You dont have anything weird, you're like Ariah!"

 

"Even so, I am neohuman! My mom always says that I shouldnt be envious! And I'm supposed to introduce myself, right? My name is Estela daCruz and I am almost 4 months old! I have two older brothers, a father and a mother ... and I dont know what else to tell. Can I change to count more by asking a question, Anne?"

"I guess so!"

"It happens to you that you notice something strange when someone have owie?" The babies denied looking at each other, not understanding what Estela was saying. "It's weird ... but when someone cries or owiee near me ... I notice something strange in my fingers. The other day my older brother Vitor fell to the floor of the park and hurt his knee and as my fingers felt strange so I put them on his knee ... and it stopped hurting him, although they still felt strange to me. I just wanted to share it, I hope we become good friends, guys!" While Estela got out of the chair, Anne used the new information about Estela to relate it to her own ability to talk with other babies.

 

"If your fingers bother you when others hurt things, my back hurts that you touch me. Can you try to do something?" Estela looked at her hands as she bit her tongue, touching Anne's back trying to reproduce the sensation in her fingers.

And after 60 seconds, the babies gave up. "I'm sorry, Anne ... I cant do it myself"

 

"Ummm, nothing's wrong. I guess we are still babies, these things are beyond our reach. If we continue with the presentations, it would be Reed ... hehehehe ... your name makes me laugh. Reeeeed"

 

"My sister makes the same joke!" Reed Howee, the reptilian son of the ex-Amish Byron and Bev howee, crawled up the chair like all his friends. And unlike these, Reed was careful enough not to thrust his claw feet or his scaly tail into the back of the giantess baby. "Well, let's go fast. I'm Reed Howee, a neohuman lizard; which means that I am similar to Naseera in that we both have scales and pointed ears ... but I have claws on my hands and feet and a tail as well as legs. I know we are saying a lot, but I also hope that we are good friends ... my sister does not have many and she spends a lot of time alone with me at home, so I think if we are friends you will also be friends of my sister" The babies looked at each other nodding convinced by Reed's reasoning. "Hey, Anne ... I dont have much more to say either. It'snt as if I had prepared something ... you know, until 40 minutes ago I could only communicate with grunts and single syllables"

 

"Oh... of course, I had not thought about that. But still you are doing very well! Lisa, Gabrielle and I have been speaking for longer without words ... so I had assumed it would be easy for everyone" Anne helped Reed off the chair, turning towards the group. "The twins are missing and Ariah, so I think that-"

 

"DONT! DONT DONT DONT DONT!" Selja Semyon, the little sister of the Semyon twins and neohuman chimpanzee (Something that destroyed the mind of Addams, all the technical team of Handshake and even of Dr. Gyeseung to be considered, in the words of Addams, a human regression-evolution), crawled at full speed climbing Anne without worrying the least of the giantess to sit on the chair. "MY TURN! I WAS WAITING! LET'S GO BOBR! I WANT TO TALK!"

 

"You're already screaming! No need to scream any more!" Bobr Semyon, the older brother of the Semyon twins and Neohumano weasel, crawled in the footsteps of his little sister, apologizing to Anne before climbing onto her back and sitting sitting in the hole that was left over to his sister. (Not as wide as Bobr would like, having to place his leg on his sister's knee). "Well ... I'm Bobr Semyon and this is-"

"SELJA! SEJA SEMYON! I'M SELJA SEMYON!"

"Stop screaming, you silly monkey!" Bobr held his sister's face, grabbing the corner of her mouth and stretching with all his might (which with the difference in size was not enough to cause pain), something that Selja found extremely funny. After seeing that his sister didnt surrender, Bobr released her again trying to look as dignified as possible despite being half sitting on the right leg of his twin sister. "Well ... This is my little twin sister, Selja. As you can see, it's a silly monkey said by my father! I am a neohuman weasel, my mother taught me in one of our books the animal from which I take my parts ... and as I see them equal, I infer that she wasnt lying to me. If you want to not be friends with my sister, I invite you- "

"NO!" Selja shouted again throwing herself out of the chair (also throwing her brother in the process), crawling at full speed until she grabbed and shook who was closest, which in this case was Naseera. "I WANT TO HAVE FRIENDS! AND PLAY AND LAUGH AND SMILE AND WALK WITH TWO LEGS AS MY DAD MAKES WITH MY FRIENDS AND MY BROTHER! I DONT WANT TO NOT HAVE FRIENDS ... "

"Silly monkey ..." Bobr wiped his face from the little grass that had become stuck, crawling to Anne. "I feel sorry for my sister's behavior, she has too much energy ..."

 

"Dont beg forgiveness, I like fun and how fast you think! We're going to be all great friends, I'm sure!" Anne smiled crawling to grab Selja's shoulder. "Do not worry! We will be friends and sure that in no time we can walk with our legs! If Gabrielle and Ariah are the youngest of us, with only a month and 2 weeks of Gabrielle and a short month Ariah can crawl for sure that we will not be long in finding the right place to go!"

 With red eyes and cheeks full of tears Selja turned to Anne, whimpering as she bit her upper lip. "You say ... you mean it?"

 

"Of course! Lisa, who has the most advantage in this matter, can walk if they hold her by the hands and push her ... as soon as she manages to discover the secret of walking the rest we just have to imitate her! So you dont have to worry, Selja! Working as a team we will overcome all the difficulties!" Anne's confident smile shone with her own light, helping Selja to calm down and stop crying. "Well, now all that's missing is Ariah for introducing himself to the new group! Give me a moment to put me-"

"No" Ariah crawled up to Anne, grabbing her by the sleeve of her shirt.

 

"No? Dont you want the chair?" Anne asked, not understanding what was wrong with the chair.

 

"Sit down"

"Eh?"

"Sit down, please" Anne was silent for a moment, obeying slowly until she was sitting with her legs stretched forward. Without waiting for permission, Ariah climbed up the legs of the giantess until she sat on her lap.

"Ariah, Ariah Wall. I dont need to say that we are friends or introduce myself, you can all see that I have nothing strange at first sight ... I am a case like Estela where my current appearance doesnt reflect my true darkness ... but all in time, there are still years left for us to worry about because!"

 

"No ... I dont understand what you're saying ..." Anne whispered as she fiddled with the little girl's hair, enjoying the soft touch of blue hair.

 

"Me neither! These are things that Yesterday has told me to remember and tell them to someone you trust ... and you seem trustworthy to me!" Ariah's smile was permanent, unlike the rest of the babies.

 

Seeing that the tension was increasing and not wanting to break into tears in front of her new friends, Anne swallowed hard deciding to be the one who had to ask the million dollar question. "Who is Yesterday?"

 

"Who is Yesterday? Yesterday is! She has always been with me ... and always will be.! I'm not sure where she is, but sometimes she talks to me after my parents put me to sleep or when we are alone! It was Yesterday who told me that today I didnt have to cry, that the biggest baby of the party would be called Anne and would shine with a calm and warm light ... a light that I must hold onto so as not to lose myself in the abyss that will devour and stir this world! And she was right! I like you very much and although you're a little sticky I want to hug you and make friends with everyone... And of course Yesterday also wants to hug you and be friends with everyone!"

 

"First, I'm sticky because I'm sweating from the heat ... we're all sweating. And second ... what a bad thing all of the abyss, although I'm not sure it's an abyss ... but I like you too, Ariah and Yesterday!"

 

"SERIOUSLY!?" Gideon shouted mentally as he crawled up to grab Anne's sleeve, shaking it with all his might. "Are we going to ignore what she just said that something is talking her and saying things!? REALLY WE ARE GOING TO IGNORE THAT ABOUT THE DARKNESS AND WHICH WILL OCCUR IN A FEW YEARS?! I'M SURE THAT YEARS MEANS TIME!"

 

"Yes?" Anne shrugged at Gideon's incredulous, gaping gaze. "Do you have any ideas we can do? Yesterday has said nice things about me, so she's a good girl for me. And then there's the fact that we're just babies, Gideon! Although we would like to do something, we are completely incapable of opening something as simple as the latch door that keeps us locked in the playground, I propose to let it go until we have to do something!"

 

"Yesterday says she completely agrees!" Ariah exclaimed with his permanent smile, further disturbing the group ... and pulling Gideon out even more.

 

"IF AN INVISIBLE VOICE TELLS YOU THAT IT IS GOOD THAT WE LET IT PASS MEANS IT IS NOT GOOD!-"

 

"Oh ... look at them! They're talking to each other, how cute all!" The babies turned at the same time to the children's playground doors, watching Anne's smaller mother and a gentleman who sounded all the babies take a picture with their phones. "As soon as you know how to talk, you're going to be a bunch of parrots, right?" Alanna smiled as the door would open, followed by the man.

 

"Hey little ones, do you remember me?" The man knelt by the group of children, smiling as he approached Gabrielle. "Because I know you all since you were born! You cant laugh because you dont understand any of this, right? At least you and Anne if you recognize me, Gabrielle"

 

"Addams, you're sounding a little too unsettling ... It doesnt really matter, they're still too small to understand how terrible that phrase is" Alanna laughed as she knelt next to her daughter, stroking Ariah's head captivated by her dark blue color.

 

"What can I say? Seeing them so smiling and happy fills me with a joy I didnt feel since I saw my own son when he was a baby. To keep this smile is why Handshake needs to keep working!"

 

"Is it for your next speech?" Addams chewed his annoyed tongue, looking away while still rubbing his niece's ears. "Dont put yourself in a worse mood than the kids! Well, children, the match is over, so your parents are going to come and look for you! Have you had a good time, my little angels?-"

 

"NO! WE ARE MISSING PRESENTATIONS! LISA QUICKLY, YOU LIVE TWO STREETS OF DISTANCE SO YOU NEED TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF TODAY!"

"Amamammamama haaa appppbrrrrrrrr!" Anne shouted inside and out, waving her arms in what her mother considered a happiness dance.

 

"Is my sunshine happy to make so many friends? Right?!"

 

"NO TIME, MOM! WE NEED TO EVEN FINISH THE PRESENTATIONS FOR THE NEXT DAY BEGIN TO PLAN OUR THINGS! QUICK LISA! YOUR TURN!"

"Auauauau! Amma amamamama!"

 

Lisa began to tremble without knowing what to do, the pressure Anne was putting on her was too much for the baby wolf. "My name is Lisa Fang ... and I am a wolf girl ... I live as Anne has said on Crimson Moon Street, two streets from here ... I ... I ... friends ... please ..."

 "BUAAAAAAAAAA!"

 

"But Lisa! Dont start crying for no reason!"Alanna turned and took Lisa in her arms, rocking her as the crowd of mothers and fathers approached.

 

 


 

(Hours later, Alanna and Erika's bedroom personal bathroom)

 

"Come on Anne! Dont be in such a bad mood!" Nellie stuck her tongue out, trying to make a face that would amuse the baby while Fraje washed her hair with the greatest care in the world. After saying goodbye to all their friends and neighbors Alanna had decided that the children of the house needed a bath yes or yes, so the family had decided to use the huge bathroom that Ulyses had installed in the mother's bedroom. (To Erika's delight, it was a Japanese-style bathroom, her favorite)

"You cant be with swollen cheeks all day!"

 

"And why not? You have taken control of my round presentation! I had it planned well from this morning! And you'rent listening to me! I have the right to be angry!"

"ABRRRRRR" Glancing away abruptly, Anne crossed her arms and pressed her mouth even more ... something their mothers found extremely amusing.

 

"Come on my sunshine! Dont be angry! "Erika yelled peering at the edge of the huge tub, trying to catch her daughter's gaze. "I know you wanted to play more with your new friends, but there are many more days! ... Fraje, make sure it stays clean behind the ears, okay? The hair of a baby is very delicate"

 

"Older sister ..." Fraje stopped, raising his hands in one of the most presumptuous expressions the couple had ever seen in a teenager. "I have read all the books of baby care of your bookshelf to be a good big brother also for Anne! I think that with almost 13 years I can have a minimum of confidence placed on my shoulders"

 

"Brag..." Alanna whispered, squeezing her hands and shooting a stream of water directly onto the stool where Fraje is sitting. "You are 13 years old but you wanted us to go to the bathroom together ..."

 

"Dont say it that way, older sister-mother-legal guardian; There isnt even an interest in me in seeing your naked bodies!" Leaving his task completely, Fraje stood with his arms resting on his hip. "Now we live together and we are a family! And this is what American families do, share funny and homely moments!-"

"You looked very rushed so that you and Nellie washed Anne without help, right?"

 

"... UMMM!" Imitating Anne's previous gesture, Fraje looked away suddenly from the ceiling. Seeing that her uncle was imitating her, Anne began to shout, waving her hands to get the attention of her family, even getting out of her bath chair and stand holding her to imitate her uncle (all before the astonished look of their mothers and Nellie). 

"AUMMM!"

 

"Oh what?!" Fraje crouched until he was face to face with the baby (although Fraje had to bend down much less than he had first expected, forcing him to climb a little). "Well, look this sweets moves, mini-giantess!" Re-straightening in the most comical way possible to amuse his family, Fraje turned on his feet turning his back to his niece, beginning to walk with his back as straight as possible and his head so high that It was almost perpendicular to the ceiling. "It gives you envy? If you knew how to walk you could show your indignation in such a cool way as your uncle!"

 

"Abbrrrrrrrrrrrr ..." Anne swelled her cheeks even more, squeezing her eyes almost to the edge of tears.

 

And, without warning, the baby turned around, staring at the wall:

  • When Anne raised her right leg, her moms were speechless.
  • When Anne put her leg forward, Nellie stood up, covering her mouth.
  • When Anne lowered her right leg and staggered, Erika and Alanna climbed to the edge of the huge tub, preparing to get out.

5 seconds in which Anne remained as motionless as she could, only a slight wobble stopping her.

  • When Anne squeezed her right foot and let her weight fall, Fraje threw herself beside her on her knees, ready to grab her if the baby stumbled.
  • When Anne lifted her left leg, Nellie placed herself on the other side of Anne to control her carefully.
  • And when Anne took the second step, there were her mothers and uncles to catch her before the wet floor of the bathroom made her lose her balance.

The family cried with joy, screaming nonstop and congratulating the baby.

 

Everyone except Fraje, who later swore that Anne had stared at him smiling and raising her right eyebrow.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 


 

First meeting of the Brightside round table. (2019, narrated in black and white)

 

 


 

In next chapters:

 

The days pass and with them the neohumans grow, slowly but surely. Where before there were simple strange bodies now Handshake faces future unbelievable supermen ... but what would he have to do if everything was easy?

Handshake, the one who walks through the bowers of the hungry darkness to fulfill his dream ... Alanna and Erika ...To progress, accept yourself as you are and make your plans move forward you just have to play your part!