- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

August 9th. Errors fixes:

- For a mistake when writing the ages in my personal notebook, I have confused the names of two characters: The tertiary character Louie Barlow and the secondary character Declan Barlow.
To be clear, the heir of Industrias Barlow is Declan, the eldest of Velio's three children; while the miniature collector is Louie Barlow, the second of Velio's children

 


 

May 13th. Fixed two continuity errors:

  • Alanna is the middle granddaughter of de Velio. 
  • The daughter of Erika and Alanna is the first great-granddaughter of Velio

 

 


 

 


 

 

(April 2, 2018. Sacramento State)

 

"And so, thanks to cell reprogramming, we can turn a simple skin cell into ..."

 

The talk about iPSC cells was getting longer than Erika expected, forcing her to entertain herself with her phone trying not to disturb her wife or the rest of the audience. It's not that Erika didnt enjoy listening to science (being married to a biology teacher requires having a minimum interest in the subject), what caused the rejection was having to listen so long to a scientist too pedantic speaking in English too technical.

After almost 4 years living and working in the United States, Erika Holm had succeeded in replacing her usual Swedish for a more than decent and fluent English, one well adapted to her profession as a physical trainer mainly. Not that it was to her liking to speak so little in her native language, but it was something that Erika had decided to accept at the time she decided to marry the love of her life and move with her to North America.

 

"In this way, we went from a cell taken from something as simple as a piece of skin to-"

 

Professor Liam Cole, as Alanna had explained before entering the conference, was some kind of revolutionary scientist and famous in recent months for his results in some kind of test that Erika had failed to understand when her wife explained it (4 times) on the way to the university. Same conference that at the end would offer attendees the opportunity to sign up for some type of test ...

"Eri! Leave the phone and pay attention! It's super interesting!" Alanna stepped on the foot of her wife tried to get her attention, all in the most absolute silence to not miss even the least of the conference.

 

"Was not the conference supposed to be only 40 minutes? We've been here for an hour and a quarter!"

 

"Shhhh! Professor Cole is famous for lengthening his lectures to make his discoveries more understandable!" Alanna decided to tackle the issue in the bud and snatch the phone from her wife, putting it in her purse securely on the other side of her seat.

Without phone to play and entertain, Erika resigned herself throwing her back back in her chair (plastic and not the good thing), she crossing her arms over her generous breast and closing her eyes in an attempt to take a little nap before having to drive again the 50 minutes that separated them from their little love nest, one of the floors of Alanna's grandfather in downtown Brightside.

One of the multiple floors in the multiple buildings to his property, in addition to the several industrial ships, several parks and multiple businesses in which it appears as main investor. The family of Alanna could be considered as powerful in all the gossip magazines of the country.

 

Being the median of the three grandchildren of Velio Barlow, Alanna had opened a gap in the family sharing the passion of her grandfather for science, making sure in the process (Without really intending it) to become one of the personal advisors of this in all investment issues scientific, a position that next to that of professor of biology gave him a salary more than enough so that Erika didnt have to work.

And even so, Erika continued to do so because her passion was sport and helping people, so her job as a physical trainer was a dream come true.

"And with that, rhe conference is over! Thank you all, ladies and gentlemen!" Professor Cole bowed to the audience as they rose to applaud him back, an act that Erika took as a divine sign to wake up and prepare to return to her Dear apartment to enjoy the rest of Friday and the weekend.

 

Unfortunately, this dream was interrupted when a "young woman" (If the youth spectrum covered the 40-year-old) dressed who had previously been on stage with the scientist to approach the row where they were. At each step of this Erika prayed to as many gods as she knew to pass by or address another person ... and evidently, the physical trainer was not so lucky.

"Miss Barlow, isnt it?" The dressed woman approached Alanna with a firm step, a straight back and a friendly smile on her lips; what a good seller.

 

"Yes, do you want something?" And Alanna, as innocent as ever, took the hook and turned to her as she put her purse back in her seat. (Sign that they were not going to leave soon)

 

"My name is Meredith, and I'm the assistant to Professor Liam Cole for 20 years. I would like to invite you and your ..." The mature woman moved her right hand as if trying to dig a concrete word.

 

"Wife" Erika quickly jumped to the aid of this. (More by own honor than by desire to help the mature woman)

 

"Wife! That! Sorry, I had not had time to read the report in previous rest between conferences"

 

"Repo-" Erika tried to ask, only to be interrupted by Alanna, who was almost drooling when she heard that the scientist wanted to invite her to a private meeting.

"Nothing happens! And that it would be a great honor for us that an eminence like Professor Cole wants to meet in private!" Erika tried to protest, only to meet again with the heel of her wife stepping on her again. Bad day to wear sandals, no doubt. "Where would it be?"

 

"The dean of the university has given us an office for these two days of conferences, so if you wish you can follow me. I will guide" With that, Meredith turned around, beginning to walk to one of the less crowded exits of the assembly hall.

 

Alanna began to follow her almost immediately, until she found her hand grabbing her by the left wrist. "What happens now? The teacher isnt waiting!" Erika tried to convey the message to her wife without words, trying to communicate her shyness and discomfort in the whole matter so much previous during the long-awaited meeting. After 8 years of relationship, divided in 2 in Sweden as brides, 2 in Canada following the post-graduate university of Alanna and 4 as a marriage in the native city of Alanna in America; the two women had managed to develop a link beyond the words, one where only one glance was enough to talk to each other.

"Oh, come on! No need to fix yourself more! I'm sure the teacher didnt mind your Californian sports look!" Evidently, the link was being overshadowed by the call of science. Leaving her wife, Alanna began to run (with heels, an art that Erika could only admire) towards Meredith, who was holding the door to the marriage.

 

Between sighs, Erika began to follow her wife while she was almost jumping of illusion; looking from time to time his appearance reflected in the windows of the corridor. Although it is true that measuring 6 feet and three inches (1.90 meters) and spending 6 hours in the gym had given her body a number of muscles and definition above average ... and it was also true that only lightly sporting clothes managed to take their femininity forward ...

Even with all this, Erika couldnt help feeling a little offended, despite how much Alanna enjoyed the body of her wife. (Demonstrated especially in the clothes she bought for her, always adjusted to mark their muscles worked after a decade teaching and practiced weight lifting)

 

Meredith knocked twice on the door of the office, opening it immediately without waiting for an answer. Stepping aside, the assistant offered to enter the marriage with a formal and elegant bow. Blinded by the illusion, Alanna was the first to enter the office in twilight, only slightly illuminated by the small gap that was between blind and blind of the window.

"Welcome, Miss Barlow and Miss ... excuse my discourtesy, but I'm not sure if you keep Holm by last name or if you have adopted your wife's" Meredith said entering after them, closing the door and offering a chair to each.

 

"We have decided to combine the surnames to maintain the cultural heritage of both, so since the wedding we are Alanna Barlow Holm and Erika Barlow Holm" Alanna explained proudly as she sat, giving too much personal information for her wife's taste.

 

"A very smart decision, if you allow me the comment" Meredith added while lighting the laptop on the desk. "And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go prepare Professor Cole's next conference. Please wait here, I'll make sure it doesnt take too long" The marriage nodded at once, giving permission to the assistant to leave leaving them alone.

 

Alanna bit her lip, still too excited, refusing to get up and look at the computer in front of them. "Do you believe…-"

"Dont even think about it!" Erika quickly imposed herself by grabbing her wife's hand, holding her against the chair. People may see Alanna as the perfect, kind and educated young lady and teacher; but only Erika and the closest family of both knew the authentic Alanna, the nervous and restless girl with a strange sense of taste and without barriers when dealing with the privacy and privacy of other people.

 

"Pooper..." Alanna leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms with Erika still holding her. In an attempt to calm her beloved wife, Alanna slid the arm held by Erika slowly down, forcing her to hold a distance too close to her crotch. 

 

"Alanna! Come on! And what if your dear professor comes in?" Erika tried to regain control of her arm, but this time the tables had reversed. It was Alanna who now held her by the wrist, keeping her from running away.  (Although evidently Erika could have been released directly by the difference in strength between the two, although with her wife it was usual for Erika to forget about that factor outside the bed)

"Please honey! This is already too uncomfortable for me!"

 

"Silly stuff! You like science! And I am a biology teacher ... and we are in an office ... and you have been sent to the teacher's office, you know ..."

 

"But not now! I still have my head full of all the words I do not understand before! It's not the time to do that!"

 

"Ohh, but I thought you like to see me talk like the teacher that I am, bad girl ... prrrrr" Alanna purred on the last word, forcing as much as possible a sexy movement of lips while pronouncing it. It didnt take a scientist to notice how much Erika liked the situation ... and how much she hated to enjoy it.

 

"You're so-"

Three blows in a row at the door made the marriage cut the game from root, recomposing almost to the limit, because Professor Cole didnt wait to be given permission to enter his office. "Miss Barlow! A pleasure to meet you!" Liam quickly approached Alanna, who stood up just as quickly to shake the professor's hand.

 

"It's a great honor to know me, professor! I have to say that I am a great admirer of all your investigations!" Alanna waved the proffesor's hand up and down, ignoring things of her such as the excess of sweat or the brutality of the movement.

 

Discreetly, Liam released Alanna's sweaty hand, now turning to Erika. "Excuse my lack of manners, Miss Barlow. Considering how excited your wife was from the stage, it seemed more appropriate to greet her first so she could calm down" Erika nodded without liking the teacher's words too much, shaking her hand in a quick and professional greeting. (One that Liam greatly enjoyed for brevity

)With the presentation already made, Liam walked around the desk, sitting in his chair and typing what Erika assumed was his password."First of all, I'd like to thank you for coming to the conference today-"

 

"No no!" Alanna quickly cut off the teacher, trying to make her admiration clear once again. "Thank you for allowing us to attend with so little notice! I swear, if I got to know before your conference, I would have reserved seats much earlier!"

 

Ironing the issue to reassure the nervous and excited Alanna, Liam sat much more comfortable in his seat, with his arms crossed on the table and shoulders relaxed. "It's not a nuisance, rather the opposite. You cant even imagine the repercussion that Velio Barlow's granddaughter will bring to my conferences!" And there was what Erika was waiting for, the most to be expected mention of Alanna's grandfather.

"Now I would like to get to the point, I can understand that you want to enjoy the remaining Friday" Liam leaned back now, clasping his hands with both indexes up. "I know that you have been attentive to the conference, Miss Alanna; that's why I would like to ask your wife what she thought of the talk"

 

Erika was surprised (a little too much for her liking) of the question, looking quickly at Alanna for help. Illuminated as a child waiting to open the gifts, Alanna returned the look with a smile from side to side and eyes almost shining as in one of those children's series. Sighing with slight happiness infected by her wife, Erika was sincere with Liam. "Being totally honest, Professor Cole ... I havent heard much of what you has explained ... unfortunately my technical English isnt as good as I would like"

 

"Dont worry! I had already assumed that someone like you would not find the talk entertaining!" Erika felt genuinely offended for a moment, but the teacher continued to speak, incapacitating the ability to express it. "Broadly speaking, the talk has revolved around my research on 'induced' pluripotent stem cells or iPS cells, discovered by Kazutoshi Takahashi and Shinya Yamanaka back in 2006. So as not to confuse it, we could reduce everything to this type of cells can be converted into whatever we want-"

 

"Doc, my appearance may not be that of a scrawny library mouse like you, but I know very well the basis of your talk. I study Nutrition and Diet in Stockholm, so you can put that words when-" Erika replied visibly annoyed, causing Alanna to want and try to slap her.

 

"No no!" Liam stopped Alanna's arm just in time, stretched out on the table to accomplish such a feat. "I deserve it! I deserve it! My ways of referring to your wife have not been adequate to begin with! As scientists if there is any saying we should respect is not to judge a book by its cover" Alanna looked at him for a second, then turned to her wife to apologize with the look ... although Erika didnt return it.

A small but fair blow that Alanna accepted hurt for having offended her beloved wife even more.

 

"Let me get to the point again to take all the tension off, okay?" Liam offered to unlock the laptop screen again, making several clicks in a row. "The reason why I've called you here is to offer you something. For starters and I hope you are not offended by it, it has reached my ears that you were debating among yourselves about how to have children-"

 

"H ... how do you know that?" Alanna asked quickly and with some trepidation, because at the moment all they had done was talk to their families and learn about the process of adoption and insemination.

 

Liam remained silent for a few seconds, not waiting for Alanna's frightened response. "Let's say I have a friend in common-"

 

"No no. There are only two options, or the social worker who took care of us for the adoption consultation or the type of the fertility clinic" Erika quickly cut the professor's mystery, hitting the desk with her fist. "What has it been, professor?!"

 

"OK OK! Jesus, how tense you are... I know Emily, the owner of the fertility clinic you're consulting. It was she who told me about you and made me decide to offer you this" Moving his laptop until he had it in front of the couple, Liam used the mouse several times to open a presentation.

<< Project: Shared fertility treatment to all >>

"As Alanna will already know thanks to having read my research and previous results, in 2016 I managed to make the first pregnancy between a man and a woman both infertile. To summarize everything, basically I use a cell from a woman's skin to create an iPS cell, shaping it into an egg cell; and then do the same process with the man to get a sperm, fertilizing the egg and inserting it into an artificial womb designed by my colleague Charles Martin, the father of my assistant that you already know"

 

"And you want to offer us that?" Erika narrowed her eyes, remembering to see the news on the news a few years ago.

 

"To this day, April 2, I have made the same process with the same positive results a total of 3 times, once per year. Right now 3 miraculous children like the press call them happy and healthy scampering around" Moving on to the next slide, a diagram of two female bodies appeared on the screen. "In your case, the idea would be to insert the fertilized ovule inside one of you, making yours the first marriage of the same sex with a daughter 100% yours"

 

Erika and Alanna looked at each other for a few seconds, both coming to the same question. "Daughter?"

 

"Well ..." Liam scratched the back of his head thoughtfully. "Neither would offer the Y chromosome, so the result would always be XX or what is the same, a daughter. Listen to me well, please; right now we are facing the doors of one of the greatest scientific milestones ever seen, the free conception without barriers. You want to have offspring, I want to being the one, No! I want to be able to offer gays, lesbians, transsexuals and the whole spectrum the possibility of being able to have children without any limitations ...

All that would be missing so that we could both achieve our dreams would be that you are willing and ... a small donation of Freotin by you-"

 

"AJA!" Erika suddenly stood up, pointing at the professor with her right index finger. "I KNEW IT! You dont offer us anything! You are looking for the same as the others!"

The fortune of Velio Barlow was born in the 20s following the opening of a mine in Brightside, thanks mainly to the discovery of a unique metal in the world, the Freotin. An extremely light and superconducting metal, with the unique property of accumulating electricity if the metal stayed away from other conductors. A unique metal in the world that helped Velio and his partners to win millions, selling it in small quantities. Of course, the money ran out sooner or later for most of the partners of the mine, except for Velio who knew how to invest it correctly; buying first the parts of the mine from its partners and converting 2 million into a fortune valued at hundreds of millions of dollars at present.

"Let's get out of here, Ala! Again we find ourselves with a little guy who just wants free stuff"Erika picked up her jacket, holding it while going to the door. "Honey, let's go-"

 

"Erika, wait a minute." Alanna looked back at Liam. "How much would my grandfather have to invest and what uses would he be given?"

 

As if it were a sunbeam, the question illuminated the professor's face completely. Moving quickly to the next slide, Liam showed the blueprints of a machine. "You see, this whole process happens thanks to the creation of my friend Charles Martin, which I mentioned earlier. I dont want to waste your time with explanations about nanobioengineering, but in summary the reason why we havent yet adapted the process for members of the same sex is because the conductive material that loads the laser is not efficient enough for the whole process, so we have only been able to risk making cell modifications at the same genetic level.

If your grandfather donated the piece made of Freotin for the MM, we would be able to start the process converting male to female cells and vice versa ... you will make happy billions of couples in your situation. You would open the way to a new tomorrow, where not even reproduction will serve as an excuse for the intolerant ... please, Alanna. Think about it" Rummaging in his pocket, Liam pulled out a white card with his name and a written phone number.

"This is my personal number. Whether you sign in or not, please get in touch; I can promise you that in less than a week I would have you one of you pregnant with your baby, I swear it"

 

"Before I will talk to my grandfather, he is the owner of the Freotin reservation after all. But I promise you will have an answer as soon as possible" Alanna extended her hands to the professor, who took them with pleasure almost to the edge of tears. After a handshake, Alanna rose from her chair bag in hand, saying goodbye to the teacher and leaving with his wife from the office. The marriage remained silent (But with their hands entwined) as they left the university campus towards the parking lot, where Erika's GLA awaited them.

Carefully, Erika opened the copilot's door to her beloved, closing it behind her gently ... which quickly disappeared as she sat behind the wheel. Putting the radio on his favorite station, Erika went out on the highway back to Brightside, indulging in a little whim by opening a bottle of coke that she carried in the travel fridge behind her seat.

(It wasnt uncommon for the couple to take the car and go out for a whole day to walk or explore, so buying a cooler to always have snacks in the car was the best decision of all 2017)

...

 

A small traffic jam kept them halfway, made up of all those who were heading to San Francisco to spend the weekend. Almost 30 kilometers of journey and 10 minutes of traffic jam later, Alanna still said nothing, just moving the fingers of her hands to pace as if it were a wave. (As she used to do every time she thought of something important)

Observing her wife from the corner of her eye, Erika sighed smiling. Counting to three, Erika maximized the volume of the radio, removing her wife ipso facto from her trance. "ERIKA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Alanna screamed as her beloved removed the radio altogether, leaning back on the steering wheel to see that there was not a single movement in the traffic.

 

"We're going to see your grandfather, right?" Knowing her wife, Erika decided to save all the previous conversation and jump straight to the denouement.

 

"..." Alanna said nothing, staring at Erika's face. After so many years of marriage and relationship, the physical trainer was still as beautiful as the first day. (Something Alanna loved to show off, just comparable to boasting about her wife's muscles) "Do you think Grandpa will get in?"

 

"Whatever his dear granddaughter asks of" Erika reached out, grabbing Alanna's chin and bringing her in a kiss too intense for both her wife and the car passengers on either side of them. "And more if you sell it as Professor Cole has sold it to you, with his great dream of breaking the limitations of reproduction and all that!"

 

"Idiot ... you have to recognize that it's a noble idea, no matter how obvious it is that the teacher really wants to record his name in the story. In addition ... it comes very well with the topic of  our conversations of the last months ..."

 

"If we finally agree, do you still want to be the one to get pregnant? I remind you that I would not mind"

 

"No no! My love, it takes a long time to recover the physical form after a birth! I couldnt have you without sports so long! ... And besides ... you're already over the head, if one of you needs bigger breasts, I must be me ..." Erika could not resist pricking her left breast, letting go a little giggle in the process. "Exactly! Miss G! Let your wife B cup be the carrier of your daughter!"

 

"I leave it to you! I know how much you've always wanted to give birth, and I can perfectly wait for our second child!" With another kiss, the couple sealed the pact, Erika preparing to take the new exit and Alanna sending a message to her grandfather.

 

 


 

 

Barlow Mansion, just outside of Sacramento.

 

For more times than Erika will visit the Barlow mansion, it was never enough to get used to the splendor and size of it. As much as Velio loved his hometown in northern California, living near Sacramento was much more efficient to run his business. And for that reason the Barlow mansion was built, with enough rooms for the great family that Velio hoped to have.

"Miss Alanna, welcome." Grandfather Velio's secretary, Ulyses, went out to meet them despite all the paperwork they sure still had to fill out.

 

"Ulyses! How are you?" Alanna got out of the car running, jumping into the arms of what had been like her third grandfather since childhood.

 

"My dear, my arms cant hold so much!" Releasing Alanna on the ground, Ulyses looked at Erika. "How about the conference, Erika? As boring as it seemed?"

 

"I wish ..." Erika sighed jokingly as she parked the car next to the entrance of the mansion, making sure to set it aside so as not to disturb. The truth is that seeing such a "simple" model along with two of the old cars in the collection of Velio was certainly shocking ... but over the years Erika had learned not to look beyond the account.

 

"I already see that the message was too urgent ... nothing will happens, okay? Everything can be solved, girls. Velio awaits you in his office, Do you want to have breakfast? I was preparing coffee for us-"

 

"Ulyses, you are 65 years old! You cant pretend to continue working so much! We can take care of things like coffee ourselves!" Alanna was determined to give the secretary a well-deserved rest.

 

But as always, Ulyses was against it. "Alanna, my dear ... I've been with your grandfather since he was 25 years old. 50 years by your side is more than a job, it's called being a family! So let me do what I like by making a coffee as well as you like, okay?" Too tense for what she had in mind, Alanna ended up agreeing kissing Ulyses cheek.

Without waiting for her wife, Alanna ran down the hallway upstairs, in the direction of her grandfather. Meanwhile Erika decided unilaterally (because asking was going to give her the second same answer anyway) helping the secretary with the late breakfast, giving Alanna time to explain the situation.

 

...

One of the whims that Velio had granted in his life was installing dozens of different door bells for the most important rooms in the house (Collecting old car models, bells and soda cans were just some of the eccentricities of one of the millionaires with less possessions), so when arriving at the double doors of the office it was no surprise to find a new doorbell.

"Grandpa ..." Alanna sighed as she pressed it, getting in response a beatbox version of Country Roads.

 

"Go ahead, Alanna!" Velio shouted beforehand knowing who would be on the other side. Alanna opened one of the doors, entering the office full of papers of newspapers stained with paint all over the floor. Dozens of plastic shelves were placed on either side of the office, holding a large collection of freshly painted Warhammer figures. "Be careful dear! Some are still fresh!"

 

"This is what you do right now, grandfather? Warhammer? Erika and I are more of Warcraft, but if you had asked us we would have helped you without problem!" Alanna was inspecting the figures as she went to the central desk, distinguishing without needing to ask which had been painted by her grandfather and which by Ulysses. On the large desk that filled the outer wall of the office he had displayed a large diorama of what appeared to be a battle between two fortresses.

 

"I'm not going to lie to you, dear. Until Monday I had no idea what this was! Pass in front of a modeling shop on the way to my favorite cafe and I was amazed! I didnt know that such beautiful and small things were made! I convinced your brother to help me bring two whole boxes of figures and paintings and later I convinced Ulyses to play a game with me, all you see is the preparation for that battle!"

 

"Space Marines?" Alanna asked looking at the collection of figures that her grandfather was placing on the diorama."These are those of Ulyses, I chose the Orks because ... well, I am very funny about Ork with K! Also, I've been reading a website about their history and I must admit they're great ... not like the orcs in the game that you taught me!"

 

"Well... we have different opinions" Alanna sat at the desk, fiddling with the diorama fascinated by its quality.

 

In the end it had to be Velio who brought up the subject of the visit, because as he well knew his granddaughter, Alanna preferred to be asked to start explaining. "What happened at the conference that made you come so fast, dear?"

 

"... thanks for starting, grandfather" Velio gave him a forced curtsy that brought a smile to his granddaughter. "The conference was about iPS cells, their application in the treatment of various diseases and their different uses. The guest of the conference is Professor Liam Cole, an eminence in the field of iPS cells for his achievements in the field of reproduction ... and you will see ... after the conference, his assistant has invited us to meet him, because Professor Cole had something to offer us"

 

"To you? Why and what?"

 

"Apparently, the owner of the fertility clinic we visited in Sacramento is her friend ... and told him about our plans to be mothers. What the professor wants to offer us is the possibility of being the first homosexual couple with children 100% ours in exchange for a piece for the machine that allows the whole process made of Freotin ..." As if it were a bomb, Velio released the glue pot instantly, dropping it directly to the ground. Getting up and walking to sit next to his granddaughter, Velio took her hands in his.

 

"Basically he wants a barter, right? A free piece of Freotin in exchange for giving you the possibility of being both biological mothers of your creature?" Alanna nodded without looking at her grandfather, embarrassed to bring up the subject. "And you want to accept it?"

 

"I dont know ... it would be a dream to have a daughter of both ... just look at Erika! A girl with her amazing Swedish genes and my head sounds like science fiction! But at the same time ... you are the owner of the Freotin reservation ... and it's too much that you dont sell it or give it away like that"

 

"My granddaughter ... the Freotin was what allowed me to promote in this world, but my businesses dont depend on it at all for at least 30 years! The reason why I dont sell what I have left is because I usually donate it to renewable energy projects and the like. Now let me ask you again. Would you want to accept that barter?"

 

Alanna tilted her head thoughtfully, seeking to open her heart. "As a biology teacher, nothing would make me more excited to see and be part of a process that would change the history of humanity like this. But at the same time ... wouldnt it be like I was buying my daughter in exchange for Freotin? I dont want the day when my daughter hates me for bringing her into the world as a barter!"

 

Velio sighed watching as once again Alanna was lost in her train of thought as so many times had happened and will happen in the future. "My dear granddaughter ... do you seriously believe that your daughter, who has not yet been conceived, hated you for something like open the way for everyone like their mothers? Do you really think that?"

In a first movement, Alanna nodded, followed by a denial and then a series of movements interspersed between them. "Good heavens!" Velio groaned as never before, the old man had missed so much having to deal with the super-confused and obtuse Alanna. "Has he given you a card, telephone number or fax address?"

 

Alanna nodded, taking Liam's card out of her pocket, handing it to her grandfather. "Grandpa ... nobody uses a fax machine today, you're thinking of an email address"

 

"My granddaughter, things change their name too much for my taste! Well, now if you'll excuse me for a moment I should solve a little thing" Velio apologized as he got up, leaving the office and crossing Erika and Ulyses along the way. With a glance and a little nod, Ulyses quickly apologized, giving control of the table with lunch to Erika and following Velio to another room.

 

"What's wrong?" Erika asked sitting down next to her wife, placing the table next to them.

 

"The grandfather has made the decision to accept Professor Cole's proposal, but it is giving him that air of mystery that he likes so much" From the neutrality of Alanna's face, Erika could see that it wasnt something that had convinced her too much.

 

"And that's not good news because ... what?"

 

"Because now I feel like I forced him! And I dont like it!"

 

"My love ... you get your head too hot, you know?" Erika rubbed her wife's hair, pulling her chair against her and Alanna herself against his chest. "If we are going to be mothers, you must learn to ... I was going to say to not suffer for small things, but evidently having a daughter implies suffering!"

 

"You're right in that ... you're usually right ..." Alanna rubbed against her wife's breasts. On the one hand, the feeling was too comforting to stop now; And on the other the possibility that her grandfather and Ulyses would catch them in that position was too risky.

And yet, Alanna went about her business, enjoying the hand of his wife rubbing her back. "My love"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Are my grandfather and Ulyses there?"

 

"Noooooo," Velio whispered, closing the door behind him. Alanna separated from her lightning-quick wife, straightening up in her chair with as much nobility as possible so as not to feel more uncomfortable than she already was. "Now that you've finished with the petting, it's time we talked seriously. As you have already imagined both, I went to call Professor Cole and listen well to what he wants to offer our family" Velio joined his hands on the table, resting his elbows without looking away from his granddaughter and his wife.

"Ulyses is forwarding the mail with the specifications of the piece you need, and we will send it to him tonight. According to Professor Cole it will take 2 days to finish adding everything in the piece and then 3 days to have everything prepared. That means that on the 8th you will have the two cells in the fertilization clinic that you visited the other day, preparing everything for the 10th day to place the ovum ready, Alanna"

Both wives nodded without saying a word, for three seconds both get up from the chair to run to hug Velio. "Go Go! What other option did he have? With this my first great-granddaughter is assured!" Completely ignoring him, Erika and Alanna continued to thank him until Ulyses entered the room with the good news ready, urging the trio to sit down for a quiet lunch.

A long 2018 awaited them in front, so the only viable option to start the trip was with a full stomach.