- Text Size +
"Victim of Love"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 8: Out to lunch

"Okay guys, we're getting out of here" Christina stated, starting her car up with a tremendous rev, as she took off from the Montville parking lot. I let out a sort of sigh of relief. I was nowhere closer to normal size, but at least I was in the gentler hands of Brittany where I felt a little safer.

"How you hanging in there, Bobby?" Brittany asked, glancing down at me.

"I'm fine... for now" I sighed.

"Hey, are either of you hungry?" Christina said, stopping at a stop sign and glancing over.

Actually, yeah I had been. Despite everything I had been through, stopping to eat didn't feel out of the question. I meekly nod yes.

"Yeah, me too" Brittany replied.

"Okay, well there's a McDonald's up the road from here" Christina said, and we changed course for that direction.

Luckily, at my size, it wouldn't take more than a couple fries to fill me up.

We walked into the McDonalds, and while Christina approached the counter to order for us, Brittany sat down and took me out of her pocket now, setting me on the cold table.

"So... I am so sorry..." Brittany said, leaning the side of her face on her hand, "I didn't mean to lose you"

"It's not your fault at all" I said, "Natalie tricked you guys so she could get me"

"But why?" Brittany asked.

"I don't know... but she was nothing compared to Candy" I sighed.

"Oh, that weird goth girl?" Brittany tsked, "I hate her!"

"Me too right now" I sighed, but it was hard to say. While Candy had always been a bit... off... the other girls who coveted me were actually pretty nice most of the time. They appeared to be too infatuated with the possibility of having me tiny to let their true personalities shine through. The fact that I had saved Brittany from the same fate, and the fact that Christina was good friends with her, was probably why those 2 hadn't treated me the same way.

"Okay, I got us plenty of fries" Christina said, sitting down at the table now, her tray taking up a lot of room, so I scooted over. Luckily, because school was still in session, it wasn't too crowded at the McDonalds. Once the final bell rang at 2:30, it was more than likely that several students would flood the place, but for now we were safe.

I cautiously approach the giant McDonald's box which spanned twice the length of my puny body. I feel the heat from the box, which causes me to sweat a little and I take a bite of a steaming french fry that lay before me like a mighty fallen oak tree. The french fry tasted as good as it would've, had I been normal sized, but the fact that there was more of it meant my tiny bite barely made a dent in the massive fry. It was if an ant had invaded a picnic.

"So, next thing we need to do is find Glen" Christina said, getting more serious after taking several bites out of her massive double cheeseburger that she set down right before me. "You know where he lives, right Brittany?"

"Unfortunately..." Brittany sighed, "I can't believe I fell for that jerk, and then he goes and shrinks Bobby..."

"Well it could've been worse... he could've shrunken YOU, Brit..." Christina said, then looked down at me and added, "no offense, Bobby"

"Well he was trying to... but now we need to find him and find out how the hell he did this, and how to reverse it..." Brittany sighed.

As I glanced up at the 2 giantesses, discussing my fate, I couldn't help but ask my next question.

"What if there IS no way to reverse it?"

"Don't talk like that, Bobby" Christina said, "if there's a shrink ray, there's more than likely a growth ray"

"It's gonna be okay" Brittany said, giving me a smile, "we'll get you back to normal, I promise"

Even though Brittany hadn't been a good friend of mine prior to that moment, and I probably never would've gotten to hang out with her, had it not been for this incident, I felt a strange reassurance from her words. She was definitely sincere. That was what I liked about her over the other cheerleaders. Even though she was attractive and popular, she never let it change her. She was real.

Just then, a group of rowdy guys walk into the McDonalds, thrashing the door open and laughing raucously. Brittany and Christina turn around before I notice both their mouths go agape.

"What?"

Brittany got down so her face was level with my body on the table, and whispered, "It's Glen... and some of his buddies..."

"Now might be our chance..." Christina added, also in a hushed tone.

"What do we do?" I asked nervously. I didn't expect this opportunity to present itself so soon, and even so, I had no idea how we'd get Glen or anyone to comply with our demands.

I look up to notice the crowd of guys now, all pushing one another out of the way at the counter, for the "right" to order first. Just then, one of the guys glances over and seems to recognize Brittany. He taps Glen on the shoulder and points her out.

We hear Glen exclaim, "Oh shit" before turning around and making a beeline for the exit.

"Let's get him!" Christina yelled, and Brittany secured me in her pocket, before the 2 of them leapt out of the restaurant.

Glen was a fast guy and he already had jumped into his pickup truck with a couple guys jumping in after him. Christina fumbled for her keys and finally got the door open to her car. I felt a bit sick from our fast motions, but I knew it was nessecary....

We had to catch them!