- Text Size +
Chapter 1: The attack

It was second period when it all happened. GYm class. I was one of the last ones to leave, picking up some equipment after everyone else had rushed to change.

The only one left was her... Brittany S., the blonde haired girl I secretly liked. She may have secretly liked me too but yknow how high school is... she was one of the populars, and while she was a nice girl, she had a certain image to keep up around her friends.

"Hey, Bobby, how's it going?" Brittany said, as she was heading off to change, still wearing her tight red gym shorts and white tank top.

"It's going..." I sighed, trying to act cool, while still kind of worn out from the gym class.

"So, that was a pretty good volleyball game, huh?" Brittany asked, with a cute smile on her face. It forced me to smile as well.

"Yeah, you had a couple good spikes" I commented.

"Yeah... I love volleyball, but hey, you weren't bad either" she remarked.

"Sports aren't really my thing" I sighed.

"Yeah, that's what some of my friends were saying.. I don't get why they gotta get on your case sometimes" Brittany said.

"Eh, they're just being jerks, I guess... no offense" I replied.

"Well, hey, I'll see you after I change" Brittany said and ran off. I kind of smiled as I went to the boy's locker room to change. Even though I was almost guaranteed to be late for my next class, I had had one of the better conversations that I'll ever have with a girl like Brittany. Y'see, I'm not exactly a ladies man.

I go into the locker room and one of the only guys left was Glen, the typical strong buff guy. I heard him talking on his cell phone and he was saying some pretty suspicious things.

"Yeah... I know, she's such a bitch to me... but that's about to change..."

I looked around the corner to see he was holding a ray gun in his other hand. I had never seen anything like it but I should probably alert the authorities. I hear more of his conversation.

"Yeah, she broke up with me... ME! Can you believe it?" Glen growled, clutching the ray gun still "Thanks for letting me borrow this though, I appreciate it... I know I only get one shot but the class is clearing out, she's one of the last ones to leave..."

What was he talking about? I wonder, and watch him duck further into the darkness, afraid of being watched.

That ray gun was obviously going to be used for some kind of attack on a girl in my class, but the only girl still in the gym was... BRITTANY!

I throw some clothes on quickly and run back towards the gym in a hurry. Brittany wasn't yet back from changing so I hang around. I'm sure I would look creepy waiting for her outside the locker room, but if she was in danger, that didn't matter to me.

I see Glen slowly emerging from the boy's locker room doors in a few minutes, hiding the gun, but I could still see it slightly from behind his back. What was he going to do? I might not have much of a chance at this.

Brittany came out of the locker room and looked at me with a suspcious look, saying "what are you doing here? Have you been waiting this whole time?"

"Brittany.... I...." I began, but then notice Glen was preparing to fire. "Look out!!"

I shout and knock her over as Glen fires a yellowish ray at her. I get hit by the ray and everything goes blank for a second. I hear Brittany screaming and then hear the sound of footsteps fading into the distance. Brittany continues screaming before finally I can hear nothing at all.

I open my eyes and groan in slight pain. The ray gun hadn't actually left any wounds though. Actually I felt okay but I still felt a little woozy, but no pain.

"Oh, good youre awake" Brittany said, but her voice frightened me. It was so loud all of a sudden.

"Hey, no need to... huh?!" I gasped and looked up to see Brittany was a giant, holding me in a cup.

"Don't be afraid" Brittany said, "I got you"

"But... but what happened to me?" I gasped. I was less than the size of Brittany's hand.

"That ray you got hit with... it shrunk you" Brittany said.

"S-So now what?!" I gasped.

"I don't know... but I appreciate you saving me from it" Brittany said and took me out of the cup. I was scared as hell but strangely relieved when she gave me a small kiss.

"Awww.. you you didnt have to do that" I said.

"I know, but I wanted to" Brittany said "You got shrunk to save me"

"I guess you could say that, but how do I get unshrunk?" I asked.

"I don't know... but we'll find out, I promise" Brittany said.

TO BE CONTINUED