- Text Size +
Victim of Love

Chapter 10: Digging Deeper

I sat in desperate silence in Brittany's slightly chilled hands. She seemed to be as nervous holding me as I had been nervous to be held. She continued to glance forward at Christina who drove after the truck of hooligans who we may or may not have lost.

"Who were those guys Glen was with anyway?" I found myself asking after some time passed. Brittany let out a quiet sigh.

"One of them was his douche friend, Dan... I didn't recognize the other two but I'm sure I've seen them before, I just can't pin a name to them..." Brittany replied, in deep thought.

"So if they're not headed back to Glen's... I wonder where they're going?" Christina muttered.

I thought back to how this all happened and could only remember that whatever technology Glen had that allowed me to shrink... it wasn't actually his. I can remember him talking to someone else on the phone? Maybe that's who it was?

Just when we thought we had lost the gang, Christina pointed out something suspicious.

"This is weird..." she uttered in the driver's seat, slowing down as several cars were passing us in the adjacent lanes.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know if they're having a party or something but several of these cars are headed in the same direction and..." Christina started, taing a quick look back at her friend Brittany as her eyes lit up.

"Is that CANDY'S car?!" both girls exclaimed.

Candy had a very ... noticeable car to say the least. A black SUV with bright, varying bumper stickers. It was usually obvious when she had arrived somewhere and now, as we had "made the rounds" trying to find Glen, it would appear as if they weren't the only ones traveling to this area of town.

"Ugh Candy..." I cringed.

"As long as you stay hidden, you should be fine..." Brittany said, but her voice did very little to calm me as she ran her hand slowly above my body. I know she was trying to be reassuring but she wasn't the one who would be played with like a little rat if she were found by the crazy woman.

Christina slowed down as a few more cars gathered, going down a dirt road to a secluded home in the woods. There were about 5 cars in all, including Glen's pickup truck. They were the first to arrive and so it wasn't a surprise that they scurried into the house quickly before the other cars' inhabitants made their ways in. A few of the people were unrecognized but Candy and a couple other girls from school surprisingly made up this group.

"Do you think Candy is in on this?" Christina frowned.

"In on what?" Brittany asked.

"I don't know but this reeks of suspicion... Glen and his gang bust it as soon as they see us coming but after they think we're gone, they meet here??" Christina asked. "...and there are a lot of women coming here as well... this may go deeper than we realize"

"So what do you think we should do?" I asked nervously.

"You want to be normal sized again?" Christina asked sternly, looking down at me in Brittany's hand. I nervously nodded.

"I may be our only hope then..." Christina sighed, "I've got an idea."