- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A quick short story

“If we can thread the ropes through her toes, I think we can get someone to relay down to them,” I reason looking over the edge.

              Joshua and I stand of the ankles of a mighty woman. She is quietly napping against a hillside using it to slightly prop her chest and back, but that does not diminish her awe. I stand on her dark skin looking over the edge of her pale, luminous sole. Her feet easily reach 40 feet into the air despite their slight 65 degree lean. Trapped on them are the bloodied bodies of several villagers, six of whom are still alive.

              Behind me were the long mounds of knees leading up to her red blouse. This went from her shins to her breasts, her arms folding peacefully on her stomach. She didn’t seem so innocent a few hours ago when she was terrorizing my town. Her hair was black with braids coming down to her shoulders.

              The villagers look up at us in anxious anticipation. Joshua and I have done some difficult climbs, but this one will challenge our experience.

              “How do you suggest we anchor it?” Joshua asks.

              “We can use the crevice between her toes as a sort of pulley. I go down, and you anchor me up here.”

              It is a gutsy move, but we both know that it can work. We quickly get out our gear from our bags. I fasten the rope around his belt as Joshua begins to set up the relay ropes. Once done, I begin the climb to her toes. Her nails are painted a reddish-pink, surprisingly well-kept given her habit of walking barefoot. I wonder how she keeps them so nice, but then I realize it must be a host of people me size and wince inside.

              I climb up her big toe and lean against her toe nail. The reality of what we are doing hits me. There had always been a stench, but as I get to the edge of her toes, I start to notice the dirt, grass, and other particles from a day of walking. I wedge my rope in between her first two toes, confirm with Joshua that he’s ready, and begin my descent.

              I relay a couple feet against her soft sole. It is a pale white, unlike her otherwise black skin, except for periodic pieces of dirt and grime, and my friends. I descend to the first body only to discover that this person is unrecognizably dead.

              A few feet below him lays another. She is trapped but somehow still alive. Her abdomen is compressed against her salty foot, but she wasn’t trampled. I realize that she was on the arc of her foot, being smashed into place, but never with enough weight to kill her. Her right shoulder was still bleeding, however, and her left leg seemed broken from the pressure.

              “Help!” she managed to grimace. I wrapped my arm around her unhurt shoulder to give her some more support.

              “Are you ready with the landing gear?” I shout below to the other villagers about 30 feet below. “She has an injured shoulder and leg.”

              They ready their landing trampoline. The device will break her fall smoothly and then slide her back to the ground instead of bouncing.

              “Make sure you land on your back,” I instruct. “For the sake of your shoulder. I am going to free you. Are you ready?”

              She nods, and I wedge myself between the sweaty flesh and her. I hear mild scraping noises as she is bumped free.

              “Careful!” I hear Joshua cry from above.

              All is free except for her shoulder and leg, which for some reason seems to be enough to keep her there. I don’t want to aggravate her wounds, so I take it nice in slow. She’s clearly in a lot of pain.

              I move one arm around her broken leg as a makeshift brace, and using the other arm and leg kick off. She winces as I hear a loud tearing noise. The wall quakes around me as the giantess’s foot instinctively flex, knocking me away and causing me to let go of the girl’s leg. This also knocks her shoulder free, sending her flying down the foot. Luckily, the crew below is there to catch her.

              I have more problems, however. The foot rocks back and forth even more sending me flying around. The carabiner keeps me safe of the rope, but the movement causes me great confusion. I hear a loud wump behind me as the foot is tilting. Catching a glimpse of the source of that noise, I realize she’s put her hand on the ground. Oh no, she’s standing up.

              I feel a tug on the rope as Joshua is trying to lift me up. I try to climb to the best of my abilities, but the surface is flexing after each movement. I feel an even stronger tug, which hoists the rope up and takes me straight into the wedge between her first two toes, just where the rope just was.

              “What on earth is going on?” grumbles a tired giantess.

              Above me, Joshua is being held between her two fingers, which being connected is causing me to take off as well. She unthreads the rope from her toes and then stands them up. The people me scurry to the best of their ability as the soles come baring down on top of them. Those carrying the poor girl don’t have much mobility, however. That poor girl is resmashed along with all her helpers. I don’t think she’ll be able to make it this time.

              I feel a mad rush of g-force, and soon I am face-to-face with the giantess. Both of us tied to the ropes and getting loose would require a fatal fall.

              “Hmm,” she smiles. “Tasty treats on a stick. I don’t mind if I do.”